Sneeze Fetish Forum

Singin' In the Rain

groundcontrol

I'm back again, with a very pressing situation ;) I've just finished watching the classic Singin' in the Rain (took me long enough, I know). If you haven't seen it, I recommend it; it's so lighthearted and happy. Me being me, however, I watched the title scene with Gene Kelly skipping through the pouring rain, mostly swinging his umbrella instead of using it, and thought (as one does), "Wouldn't this be the perfect set up for a cold?"

After the moving I did some snooping and found a Holy Grail of sorts: apparently in real life Gene Kelly was sick with a very bad cold during this very title scene! :D I went back and watched the scene again, and I noticed at the beginning that Debbie Reynolds tells him to "take care of his throat" since he's a singer now. Oh how fitting! :) Better than any character sickfic I could've found! Poor man, drenched to the bone and doing all that taxing footwork... 

Although I have 1000 other things going on, I just have to write a fic for this. Anyone fellow old movie fans with me? 

Also, can we just appreciate that Kelly still danced so well even with a 103 degree fever? Quite frequently I trip over my own feet when I'm perfectly healthy. Amazing! :) 

I love classic movies and would very much like to read a fanfic based on Singin' in the Rain!  Incidentally, I did years ago hear that story about Gene Kelly being feverish during the rain scene; I'd forgotten all about it, though, so thanks for the reminder. 

Holy cow!!! I love that movie and Gene Kelly. He was sick during this sscee!? Holy batman is he a trooper! And with a fever of 103? Dang.

I'd read it!!!

On February 4, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Luisa39 said:

I love classic movies and would very much like to read a fanfic based on Singin' in the Rain!  Incidentally, I did years ago hear that story about Gene Kelly being feverish during the rain scene; I'd forgotten all about it, though, so thanks for the reminder. 

On February 5, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Arty said:

Holy cow!!! I love that movie and Gene Kelly. He was sick during this sscee!? Holy batman is he a trooper! And with a fever of 103? Dang.

I'd read it!!!

@Arty It's very true! If you two are interested, the fic is now up :)

On 2/6/2017 at 8:41 PM, groundcontrol said:

@Arty It's very true! If you two are interested, the fic is now up :)

Really!? Yay!!! And yeah. Looked up the rumor and its true my gosh poor Gene Kelly.

Archived