Sneeze Fetish Forum

Positivity Chain!

SleepingPhlox

I dunno, just had this idea because, hey, we live in a world where praising yourself and accepting compliments is sometimes frowned upon and people can do with more reasons to feel good about themselves so here ya go.  It's really simple. 

First, say something positive about the person who posted immediately before you.

Then, say something positive about YOURSELF.

Both, incidentally, are really good ways to lift your own mood so this is a great thing to do if you're feeling kinda bummed out at the moment.  And if you're embarrassed about praising yourself (like I am!!!), you should definitely jump out of your comfort zone and do this!

I guess I have to start then. There's nobody posting before me so I'll do the forum in general.

Forum:  You're really cool.  There's a ton of people who create wonderful things all related to this weirdly specific thing we all enjoy, and I think it's great that there are so many people that can come together and enjoy this random thing we happen to share.  I love how you accomodate new people who are just discovering this aspect of themselves and are patient with them even if they're asking the same things you've heard a million times before.  I love how you have folks that have been writing this particular type of interest for so long they've honed their skills into something amazing.  And I love how people can talk about life and everything in general outside of the shared interest.

Me:  I am tenacious as hell.  If I seriously set myself a personal goal, it doesn't matter how hard it is or how long it takes, or how many setbacks happen, it is going to happen.  I like this because this did not come naturally to me, I had to work really hard to become like this and learn to believe that I could be like this, and it paid off because I think it is one of my best strengths.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rook

• Chanel_no5

• bingochamp7

• Wilde

What a beautiful idea!! :wub: 

SleepingPhlox: You are a talented writer with an eye for details, both in the concrete sense and with the more emotional aspects of the story. You are a positive, witty and well-spoken member with a great sense of humour, and it always makes me happy to see you around and talking to you in private. :) And you came up with the idea for this thread, which I think is awesome!! :heart: 

Me: Umm... I'm not giving up. :lol: 

Chanel. What can I say? You have an amazing way with words. You write wonderful, evocative stories, both on and off the forum. You are a consistent presence here, who has always been kind to me. I am very happy we are friends. And I'm very glad you are not giving up. :hug:

As for me, I have a wicked sense of humour. I am still alive and fighting on, despite a number of setbacks. I am about to achieve the only item that has been on my "bucket list" for several years now. I will persevere.

SleepingPhlox... we don't know each other yet, but you seem to be a very positive presence on the forum. Thanks for this thread.

This is a terrific idea SleepingPhlox!! Positivity is such a rare thing nowdays (sadly :( ). Also, I agree with everything you wrote about this wonderful forum.

Venitari- You are, without a doubt, one of the most esteemed members of this community, and for a good reason. From the day I joined this forum I have seen you not only doing a wonderful creative job, but also being a key member. Whether it was your empowering comments on the work of others (myself included) or helping with technical issues (also something I have experienced first hand) you are just great. Keep on fighting and let nothing stop you!

Me: I'm a nice guy, I mean really. Sometimes too nice for my own good. I might not seem that nice at first, but once you get to know me you can earn a friend for life, all you have to do is be nice back. 

Great idea @SleepingPhlox :) 

@Likesn You are a well respected writer of sneezefics, who (unlike me) is great at continuing their stories with updates when they say they are going to :lol: It's great to have positively contributing members and I would undeniably count you amongst their number.

Me: I feel am generally thoughtful of all other members, and have tried to be a positive and encouraging contributor to this community, especially with new members because I have a very clear memory of once believing I was the only one with a fetish for sneezes in the entire world. Little did I know :lol: 

@NoV First things first, you're a fantastic writer. Like, damn. I recall one of your original pieces on here to be amongst the first that caught my eye when I started hesitantly lurking the forum. I also think you're very friendly, I personally really appreciate that you took the time and effort to comment on some of my stories/obs, means a lot! You're just generally a nice presence on the forum, the way I see it (:

As for myself, I feel like I try to help anyone out when I can, and I'll keep whatever I have to say to myself if I fear I might offend someone (though that perhaps still happens every so often). Generally, I'm here for the social interactions and a good fic every now and then, and I feel like I contribute to both as well. 

@Sooph I remember you from when you first arrived here, all the way back to your Introduction thread! You eagerly began to post as soon as you got here, and always have put so much thought and patience into what you say. I've so much enjoyed getting to know you, and think you are very well-spoken, kind, considerate of others, and always ready to try and see things from someone else's perspective. You say encouraging things, and take the time to post in the Support Group to listen to and comfort people. All in all, you're a very pleasant and wonderful person, Sooph. I'm so glad you joined us here~ :hug:

For myself, I'm sensitive. For a long time I thought this was a weakness. Sometimes it can be, when I get too overwhelmed by bad feelings. But I'm so glad I have this level emotional depth. I'm glad that I can feel the accomplishments of my friends so strongly that their happiness becomes mine. I like that when someone is anxious, I'm able to tell so I can try to put them at ease. Even when someone's sadness is so stark and so strong that it hurts me to listen to them talk about it, I'm relieved that I'm able to feel something rather than feel nothing at all. I take pride in this quality and will protect it, so that I will never go numb to the world.

And @SleepingPhlox, thank you for this thread. I think it's a really great idea :heart:

@BlackScatter: You are always extremely positive and kind and supportive and the forum is made a better place by your thoughtful posts. I'm consistently taken aback by how supportive you always are of the forum populace, but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise by now. You have such a good heart and I genuinely think the world needs more people like you.

Myself: I have a great sense of humor and am consistently cracking myself the hell up. I think I play really well off of other peoples' senses of humor and I'm good at banter.

@Junia You ARE hysterical. Your humor is off the wall hilarious and makes me literally lol most of the time. You are a natural leader who attracts funny, creative people and have done a good job of creating a community of like-minded snezlovrs. You have a strong moral compass and you stick up for what is right, even if it makes you unpopular. You are a wonderful cat parent and a loyal friend. You've also selflessly arranged Secret Santas for as long as I can remember even though it is SUCH a chore. You're just a great person all around!

Me... I am extremely patient, very empathetic, and a good hearted person. I enjoy helping others and am trying to make a living of it.

Mouse You are a beautiful person inside outside all around and you make me smile

Me well i'm witty as balls and i make people laugh

Sorry to put myself back in the chain so soon but this is a compliment I NEEDED to give!!

@batmansgirl:  You are committed to being the best you that you can be.  Not anyone else's version and what they tell you you should be, but your version and you won't change that for anyone.  You are one of the most authentic people I've ever come across and you are so damn strong.  You have dealt with so much and you never give up, you keep going and keep growing and you keep trying to raise everyone else up along the way.  You are a beautiful and unique soul. 

Me (again lol)  If you exist around me in my life,  I got your back.  I will go out of my way to help you, I will remember little details, I will listen to anything you need to get off your chest, and remember to ask you how your finger you hurt two days ago is doing.  I will get angry if I'm taken for granted, I'm not a saint!  But mostly if I know you, I care about you!

I don't want to put myself back in so soon, just popping in to tell SleepingPhlox what a beautiful thing to say, and I agree 100%!

@SleepingPhlox I am genuinely speechless this is probably the nicest thing I've ever heard regarding me from someone else let alone someone I haven't met yet but I want you to know i honestly have not stopped smiling so thank you for everything 

@SleepingPhlox and @AnonyMouse you both give me something to appreciate and wake up to and you have no idea how much that means to me

As for me I have the best friends anyone could dream of and I make myself friends laugh and myself included 

Edited by batmansgirl

@batmansgirl I have seen your posts in RP, and I have to say you are amazing :) You are exactly what @SleepingPhlox says. You are strong, you are beautiful, and I am proud of you and I want you to know that you are not alone. 

Umm, me? Well...hmm. I...I would like to think that I'm the kind of person who is always there to help. I have been helping my family a lot this past year, especially since dealing with my own loss in the family. As sad as I am, I hate seeing my family so sad and hurt...so I do everything I can to help them through their dark moments, and try and make them smile...and just letting them know (my sister included since it was her daughter that passed), that I'm always here for her.

@HideAndGoSneeze You know, I really haven't gotten to know you very well yet, and you aren't a huge poster here, but I've seen some of your writing floating around here, and let me say, just wow! ^_^ I love all your work. You're an amazing writer and contribute such great stuff to this community! From what you wrote above about yourself, you definitely seem like a selfless, strong person. The world needs more people like that!

I guess I should find something good to say about myself. Hmm. Well I'm incredibly smart. Smarter than I give myself credit for. I'm very kind and can't think of a time I haven't ever been there before for anybody who has ever needed me. I'm definitely not too outgoing, but once I've gotten to know someone, they definitely never leave my heart or my head, no matter how much time passes.

Edited by Cutekats
Small typo

@Cutekats!!! Okay first of all I loved getting to know you and talk to you on the YB! You seem like such a sweet down to earth caring person and I'm honoured to be your friend even if it isn't in irl! I don't know if this sounds strange but you just seem like a really gentle person who would never hurt a fly! I can tell you care so much about the people in your life and I just wish that you encounter nothing but success and good things. I'm sure success will follow wherever you chose to go in life, you seem to me like someone who works hard for the things they want. :heart:

Oh gosh something positive about me? Okay, well, the first thing that comes to my mind is that I am gifted. I am freakishly good in my area of expertise and I've been making adult level contributions to my field since I was six years old. People in my profession have even gone as far to say that I am a child prodigy but I don't think I believe that :lol: But I never take my talent for granted and I try to use it to inspire and empower other young kids to reach their full potential. But above all I just want to leave the world better than I've found it. 

Edited by Melody

Melody Ohhh there's so much good in you and about you that I can't even put into words you make me smile and laugh and you enjoy life to the fullest and you don't let depression get you down I want to be half of what you are

and as for me I'm accepting of people no matter what they identify as

@batmansgirl Bats, you are a super Nova sized energetic ball of positiveness that the world seems to lack.  You've been through so much and you still try your best to remain upbeat and cheerful even when it's hard. You capslocked your way through it all and keep breaking through that barrier that so many people never make a dent in. Keep moving forward :heart:

Me? Oh lord I'm just trying to keep it together from day to day :lol: I do try to help my friends when I can, they're very important to me :heart:

@SleepingPhlox This is a great thread!

Edited by Kaze wo Hiku

@Kaze wo Hiku I am totally impressed that you find the time to contribute to the forum as a moderator. I can tell you have a busy personal and work life, but you make time to help run the forum by handling some of the less pleasant tasks and jobs. Thank you. :) 

Myself: I have recently realized I am an optimist and that is not an easy thing to be in this world at present. So good for me for trying to see the bright side and to keep working to make this world a better place. 

PS @SleepingPhlox This is an awesome thread. 

Edited by Sanguine Cheerful Worrier
I had more to say.
9 hours ago, batmansgirl said:

Melody Ohhh there's so much good in you and about you that I can't even put into words you make me smile and laugh and you enjoy life to the fullest and you don't let depression get you down I want to be half of what you are

and as for me I'm accepting of people no matter what they identify as

You are a little ray of sunshine and remind me of everything good in this world!!! :heart::hug: 

This is such a great thread idea! 

@Melody I really like your username! I like your gifs, too!

Me: I really like how I have good ideas...sometimes. I'm also really proud of me for being up and at 'em every day even though I usually don't emerge from my cacoon until 2 P.M. 

@Cutelittlenose You seem like the coolest person ever. You seem like you really have an aptitude for languages, which is so interesting! Definitely a unique talent! You should be proud of it :) 

Me: I am a people pleaser. I don't know if thats a good thing but I just can't say no to people. I feel to bad. :lol: 

This is such an awesome idea for a thread! ^_^

@Melody You've always struck me as a very determined, committed, and hardworking person. You're the kind of person who seems like they would commit to something and succeed amazingly, if you haven't done so already. You contribute really positively to the forum and always come across as kind, sweet and approachable! You seem very determined, and I admire that a lot.

Me... I'm self-motivated? If I set myself a goal, I'll work as hard as I possibly can to achieve it. I like to push myself!

MaiMai You are AMAZING AS ALL HECK AND I LOVE AND ADORE YOU but for real you are super sweet and make me smile

Me well I protect people 

@batmansgirl Bmg!! You always try to stay positive even when it's hard. We used to be such good friends, and you're really easy and fun to talk to. I loved getting to know you and talking to you personally. You care about others and try to be there for everyone no matter what condition you yourself are in. 

Wow.. uh. Hmm. Well, I'm super accepting. I stick up for people that get treated differently for being different. I understand that people don't choose the way they're made, and I encourage people to be their best self, regardless of what other people think. I give people the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time even when it's hard to do or when I really shouldn't give them that. I also have a great sense of humor and almost everything makes me smile even when I'm in a bad mood. I'm just a smiley person even if I'm not in the mood to smile or laugh. The world needs more smiles anyway!