Sneeze Fetish Forum

Expressions you find irrationally irritating!

Joal 555

When something rattles someone and they say, "I'm shook" 

"Dicks out for Harambe" isn't funny

Don't think this counts as an expression, but I hate this combination of emojis: ??????

Or any excessive combination of emojis used seriously, like "That's? some? good? shit???"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joal 555

• Chanel_no5

• Rook

• SleepingPhlox

On 7/2/2017 at 0:42 AM, Cutelittlenose said:

My mom saying "Could you roll me out to the car?" to our waiter/waitress in a joking manner nearly every single time we go out to eat at a restaurant. Just no.Hearing the same thing for years gets tiring.

My mom said this again today. The waiter had his own response, though.  "Well, that depends on how much you eat, m'am. Also, you have to bring your own wheelchair." Great response.

Later, when my mom had gone to the restroom, but before we paid, he came back, stood next to my mom's empty booth and addressed me: "You ate her too, I thought you had enough food." LOL

The use of "110%" in terms of how much effort someone has given.

"i literally died when they told me!"

"I'm not racist...but"

"I'm not being funny" 

i struggle to hear anything else when someone uses the word "like" every other word.

This is a great thread! - That is not one of them - That was me being genuine! :lol: 

"it's always in the last place you look" - i mean...of course it is?? who keeps looking after they've found something????

Each and every time I hear someone use the expression each and every, I find it irrationally irritating. Each time would be okay, as would every time, but using both words is not necessary!

:joal:

(Yes, I know I used it at the beginning of my post, but that was for illustration purposes only :P )

When someone says "Don't be such a Drama Queen" Just No

10 minutes ago, batmansgirl said:

When someone says "Don't be such a Drama Queen" Just No

Yeah, that's just wrong. It should totally be Drama Llama!

*ducks*

Just now, Vetinari said:

Yeah, that's just wrong. It should totally be Drama Llama!

*ducks*

:rofl: yes

"Good morning".

WHY is this innocent little phrase secretly one of Satan's own creation??

Because of it's nasty self-contradiction. Were the mornings so damn good, you'd still be asleep and not have this conversation, damn it!!! :sleep::sleeping:  :sleep: 

ETA: I went back to bed and slept another three hours, so I feel better now. :lol: But I still hate the phrase.

Edited by Chanel_no5

"Live, Laugh, Love." sometimes the words are reordered as "Live, Love, Laugh," but it's all the same. I don't think I've ever seen it with "Live" as the last word of the trio though. 

This phrase is plastered everywhere, particularly on stationery items such as photo boxes, and address books. "Live, Laugh, Love. Now call your doctor about having that wart removed."

The idea is great, but I'm so tired of seeing it. 

People who say "xx age is the new xx age". Makes my skin crawl.

When people talk about 'shipping', as in, "Oh, they would be so cute together, I totally ship them!"  This used to annoy me a lot more than it does now, but I guess I'm finally starting to get used to it, since I hear it all the time. :rolleyes:  At least now when I hear it, I no longer picture the two people sailing across the sea in a little boat together, but it still bugs me.

3 hours ago, gingerdean said:

When people talk about 'shipping', as in, "Oh, they would be so cute together, I totally ship them!"  This used to annoy me a lot more than it does now, but I guess I'm finally starting to get used to it, since I hear it all the time. :rolleyes:  At least now when I hear it, I no longer picture the two people sailing across the sea in a little boat together, but it still bugs me.

I'm guilty of using this :lol: But only with fictional characters, I never use it with actual people.  But yes it's highly overused.

I'm generally of the opinion that if you can tell what someone means, communication is successful even if their language wasn't quite right/precise, but since this thread has "irrational" in the title: I can't stand when people say "weary" instead of "wary". :lol: It doesn't matter at all, and I know what they meant to say, but it's a genuine peeve.

And this one isn't really "irrational" since it has everything to do with the intention behind it, but I hate when someone responds to someone else's gripe with any variation of, "Could be worse!" Of course it could, but what kind of top-tier demon are you that you're soothed by the idea of that?! "Ahh, yes, I'm suffering, but someone else is suffering more. I feel great now."  It's just so dismissive and sinister.

I get ragingly anger very time I show any kind of clumsy behaviour, tripping over stuff or bumping into stuff or whatever, and somebody says something along the lines of 'Well that's not very clever of you' or 'You know that table has been in that place for a while'. As if I don't know...

Two 'expressions' that really annoy me are when people say "you'll catch cold." It's, you'll catch A cold. For some reason, that case of missing out a word is really annoying.

Also, "don't itch it." You don't 'itch' something, you scratch it. Saying itch is just incorrect, and I was really surprised when I heard teachers saying this,

despite it being an incorrect use of the word.

The phrase "off of" annoys me in ways two tiny little words should not.

As in "The movie was based off of a true story" or "He started making money off of his designs".  I think "off of" in those sentences should be replaced with "on" and "from" respectively.  I don't even know if it's actually grammatically incorrect or if it just looks incorrect to me, but I constantly want to change it every time I see it.

With huge apologies to anyone who uses this phrase and an acknowledgement that I abuse grammar rules on a daily basis and am not really one to talk.

On 7/26/2017 at 5:15 PM, gingerdean said:

I love that part of me wants to post a parody song of that 

Cry me a River Not only is it insulting and rude it just doesn't make sense

• 2 weeks later...

(Once again, apologies to anybody who uses the following expressions)

To be honest, I find both the expressions that are in bold in this sentence irrationally irritating, I'm not gonna lie.

Does saying these things imply that the rest of the time you might not be being honest? I realise that people don't mean it like that at all and they are just sayings, which is why my irritation is irrational, but there we have it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this one isn't a spoken phrase but it's one that can be seen a lot in the back window of people's cars:

"Baby On Board"

Glad you put that sign in the back window, because otherwise I would totally have driven a lot faster and rammed you. I mean to say, does this really affect the way people drive in any shape or form?

1 hour ago, Joal 555 said:

Ok, this one isn't a spoken phrase but it's one that can be seen a lot in the back window of people's cars:

"Baby On Board"

Glad you put that sign in the back window, because otherwise I would totally have driven a lot faster and rammed you. I mean to say, does this really affect the way people drive in any shape or form?

This is me and those stick figure families.

• 1 month later...

Here's one I saw today - a grandmother commenting on a picture of her new baby granddaughter.......

"She is so yummy I could eat her up"

How does that work then?