Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade - Complete!

High on Lullabies

Hello everyone,

In response to this thread:

And also a number of 'Internal Server Errors' that have been cropping up. They look like this:

598c72e1d78d4_500Error.thumb.jpg.00b255700e34f0b886086f22f1a768f1.jpg

Then I will be upgrading the forum software TONIGHT to see if that resolves the issues. If not, then I'll be reporting this to the hosts as the server is something they have control over, rather than us.

As with previous upgrades, the additions we have made to the base forum software (Custom Titles, Member Away, Online Indicator, etc) will need to be disabled while the upgrade takes place and some may not work immediately following the upgrade due to incompatibility with the new version. Additionally, this is upgrade is of moderate significance (Version 4.1 to 4.2) so there may be some additional new features and some features may be removed.

I will post again once the upgrade is complete.

Kind Regards

~HoL

Upgrade of the forum software is now complete. It will likely take some time before everything is up and running properly as the forum needs to re-build all the topics, posts, etc. So you may encounter broken links, missing images, quote boxes not looking right, etc.

I will also need to go through each of our additions to make sure they are compatible with this new version of the software.

Hope to have everything fully functional by the end of this weekend. If you do encounter any issues or anything that is missing or new that you think shouldn't be there please  either use Contact US or post a topic in Web Support and myself or another staff member will deal with it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your attention!

~HoL 

Hello all,

Quick update on progress with this:

I haven't noticed either of the errors I was hoping this upgrade would solve since it completed, so that's definitely a positive. Please let me know if you do see them or any other errors popping up!

I have tested all the additional features and sadly a significant number of them no longer work with this version of the software. These are:

• Group Name Indicator (the list of groups beneath the Online List at the bottom of the main page showing the group each colour corresponds to)
  • Display Name History (additionally it looks like the forum may have lost everyone's username history in this update. Haven't been able to confirm this yet)
  • 'Preview' button when posting
  • Country Field (the flags that appeared below people's usernames)
  • Top Content Poster box
  • Alternative Forum Themes

I will attempt to find new versions of these, and also anything else that may be useful/fun.

~HoL 

Archived