Sneeze Fetish Forum

UPDATE: I started adding more kinds of prompts, scroll all the way down for those. In addition to character A and B etc prompts, there are also dialogue prompts and general scenario prompts. Again, feel free to use any of these or alter them to what you’d prefer. And share your own prompts here too. :) 

Thanks to @RemedyBane for helping with this idea!

This is a thread for, as the title says, sneezefic writing prompts. It's a place to post scenarios that aren't tied to any specific fandom (character A, B, C, D, etc.). That way, not only will it not become overrun with more popular fandoms, but also the prompts could be used for original fiction or fanfiction. RemedyBane and I thought this would be a nice, fun way to give ideas/suggestions to people with writer's block.

An example:

Character A has been working nonstop for the past month and Character B is annoyed. B comes home and is about to tell them off for ignoring their phone calls, but finds A sitting down with their head in their hands, looking miserable. A is sick.

Character A desperately wants to get sick (you decide why), but can't seem to ever catch a cold. On the other hand, Character B is always getting sick. So Character A goes to Character B for a little help...

Character B comes home and notices that it is too silent. There is always some noise in the house/apartment and they are worried. They walk through the house, thinking maybe someone broke up, but Find Character A curled up in bed. Character A has a migraine, but Character B has been having a bad Allergy day. Character B is trying to hold back sneezes so they don't hurt Character A.

• 2 weeks later...

Character A is in heavy denial of being sick, and continues working on something (for their job, hobby, school, gift, etc.) despite their symptoms getting worse. Character A ends up messing it up at one point, and character B helps them fix it while dealing with a whiny, frustrated Character A, who doesn't show how grateful they really are.

Character A warns Character B about Character B doing something that could get themself sick (staying out in the rain or snow, not bundling up enough, interacting with someone who was sick, etc.). B doesn't listen. B gets sick. A and B go out, and A makes B bundle up in a ridiculous way (embarrassing cap, many layers, etc.) because "the only reason you got sick in the first place was because you didn't listen to me." A short while later, though, A starts displaying symptoms that clearly show they're sick. B distributes the excessive bundling between them (e.g. gives A their jacket or hat) and mocks A for getting sick after all A's been going on about.

Character A is a major outdoorsy type, always out doing something in all weathers.  Character A is in strong, robust health and never gets sick.

Character B is all about the "don't go out in the rain or you'll get sick!" old wives' tale and is always scolding Character A for it.  Character A rolls their eyes at this and ignores Character B's nonsense until one day they do something as simple as taking a short walk to the shops in the pouring rain and coincidentally comes down with a cold soon after.  Now Character A has to not only endure being sick but Character B's "HA I TOLD YOU SO DIDN'T I TELL YOU SO GOING OUT IN THE RAIN MAKES YOU SICK I WAS RIGHT!" as well.

• 2 months later...

Character A is a workaholic. Always pushing themself too hard. They start getting sick, but hide it so that no one tries to stop them from working. What would've been a simple sniffle turns into a terrible cold. Character B scolds A at first and refuses to worry/take care of them at all (doing so in secret, however). Once A starts getting worse, B caves and mother-hens A (checking on A 24/7, getting them medicine/food, making sure they don't even think about anything other than relaxing in bed, making sure they drink plenty of fluids, etc).

Character A has a bad cold (or worse!) during a terrible storm. Unfortunately, Character B has to do something (appointment, shopping, cooking, just doing housework). This leaves A alone, cuddled in a blanket, miserable and jarred by the thunder and lightning, trying to focus on some task (reading, working, drawing, watching a movie, whatever) to keep them sane until B is there.

Alternate versions of this could include that light from the lightning keeps making A sneeze even more, and/or that A is very feverish (maybe even when B finishes up, they find A crying from being so miserable).

Character A feels pretty inferior to his friends/co-workers, all of which are amazing at their jobs. (Characters A, B, C...ect.) To prove him/herself Character A works extremely hard and finally gets praise from his co-workers. However,  a big event (Of any type) comes up and Character A becomes an essential part to the success of this project/event, Character A begins to get sick and feverish from lack of sleep and over working him/herself. Realizing he can't let his friend down or looking like a loser,  he ignores these symptoms and pushes through them. 

Ending A: Character A gets his friends to feel concern for him and get him to admit he's sick, and appreciate his efforts regardless of his performance on the project.

End B: Character A messes up project and admits to being sick. (Friends react with undertanding. Alternative: They just get pissed. lel)

Ending X: Anything creative that emphasizes Character A pushing to hard and denying the illness.

(I REALLY love this story type, so if any of you want to do it. Please let me know when you post it. I'd read the heck out of it.)

Also, thank you for this amazing thread idea!

Character A is really grumpy. Character B, the significant other of Character A, doesn't know why. A special event takes place that both A and B were anticipating, but Character A messes it up and ruins the day from being grumpy, oversleeping or nodding off, and being tired. Character B gets pissed only to realize Character A was sick the whole time, and put up with the illness for Character Bs sake. (This one has a great opportunity for people who like grumpy snifflers. Character A could sniffle and groan the whole time. lol)

15 minutes ago, RoyalFlush said:

(I REALLY love this story type, so if any of you want to do it. Please let me know when you post it. I'd read the heck out of it.)

Also, thank you for this amazing thread idea

I could try my hand at it if you want lol (I like those kinds of stories too). Any specific fandom in mind or do you want original? Or are you good with any fandom/original?

And, aw, you're nice lol.

1 minute ago, CeruleanBlue said:

I could try my hand at it if you want lol (I like those kinds of stories too). Any specific fandom in mind or do you want original? Or are you good with any fandom/original?

And, aw, you're nice lol.

Oh, thank you so much for offering.:hug:

Honestly, I love original work. I don't have a lot of fandoms that are common to ask for. lol 

But if you feel like writing something like that as an original piece, I would read it for sure!

(If its a common fandom I've heard of before, I'd be happy with that too. I'm not picky. )

Just do whatever you want with it. I love it when people express themselves in their work.

Please let me know if you decide to post it. I'd be so grateful. :D

1 hour ago, RoyalFlush said:

Oh, thank you so much for offering.:hug:

Honestly, I love original work. I don't have a lot of fandoms that are common to ask for. lol 

But if you feel like writing something like that as an original piece, I would read it for sure!

(If its a common fandom I've heard of before, I'd be happy with that too. I'm not picky. )

Just do whatever you want with it. I love it when people express themselves in their work.

Please let me know if you decide to post it. I'd be so grateful. :D

Yeah, no problem!

I'll probably do original unless I get struck with an idea for a fandom.

If I do a fandom, are you okay with RPF (I'm iffy with it, but I'm kinda okay with bands (which is what I'm thinking of) and certain other cases)?

Also, out of curiosity, if you were to pick a fandom (even if it's an obscure/unusual one), what would you want? I might know it.

I've been trying to get back into writing fics anyway, so it's my pleasure! :)

3 hours ago, CeruleanBlue said:

Yeah, no problem!

I'll probably do original unless I get struck with an idea for a fandom.

If I do a fandom, are you okay with RPF (I'm iffy with it, but I'm kinda okay with bands (which is what I'm thinking of) and certain other cases)?

Also, out of curiosity, if you were to pick a fandom (even if it's an obscure/unusual one), what would you want? I might know it.

I've been trying to get back into writing fics anyway, so it's my pleasure! :)

RPF is fine if you'd like, its up to you. lol ^_^

But if I could choose any fandom, I'd probably pick something from an old anime. I always had a thing for some of the characters in Bleach. So I'd probably pick that.

It won't be right away, but if you want I could try writing one of your fav prompts too. I also want to get back into writing after this semester (of college) is over for me.

Let me know what you think. Anyway, thanks again. You are so nice. :D

16 minutes ago, RoyalFlush said:

But if I could choose any fandom, I'd probably pick something from an old anime. I always had a thing for some of the characters in Bleach. So I'd probably pick that.

Scratch that.

I remember now a certain fan fic I've been wanting to read.

Voltron- Legendary Defender (Its a newer Netflix remake of the original.)

I'd love to see Shiro from that series get sick. (I'd die. I'm in love with him.) Lol

14 hours ago, RoyalFlush said:

RPF is fine if you'd like, its up to you. lol ^_^

It won't be right away, but if you want I could try writing one of your fav prompts too. I also want to get back into writing after this semester (of college) is over for me.

Let me know what you think. Anyway, thanks again. You are so nice. :D

14 hours ago, RoyalFlush said:

Scratch that.

I remember now a certain fan fic I've been wanting to read.

Voltron- Legendary Defender (Its a newer Netflix remake of the original.)

I'd love to see Shiro from that series get sick. (I'd die. I'm in love with him.) Lol

Oh, sorry, I haven't seen Bleach or Voltron yet. The animes I do know well enough to write would be Death Note, Black Butler, Steins;Gate, Kamisama Kiss, Ouran High School Host Club, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Ooo, if you wrote something for me (which you definitely don't have to), that'd be so nice! I'm not sure which prompt I'd prefer lol, but that's really nice of you to offer.

I tend to write on weekends by the way. So, when I decide on a fandom or original, I'll probably have to wait until the weekend to start it. I'm normally pretty free though, so I can usually get a pretty decent chunk done.

On 11/27/2017 at 7:28 PM, CeruleanBlue said:

Oh, sorry, I haven't seen Bleach or Voltron yet. The animes I do know well enough to write would be Death Note, Black Butler, Steins;Gate, Kamisama Kiss, Ouran High School Host Club, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Ooo, if you wrote something for me (which you definitely don't have to), that'd be so nice! I'm not sure which prompt I'd prefer lol, but that's really nice of you to offer.

I tend to write on weekends by the way. So, when I decide on a fandom or original, I'll probably have to wait until the weekend to start it. I'm normally pretty free though, so I can usually get a pretty decent chunk done.

Oh, don't worry about it. You can pick any fandom, or original you want. And don't worry about when you write it. Even if its not for a few months, I'll still read it when your done. No pressure at all. And I'd be happy to do any prompt you like in return. (I love all the ones you've come up with. So it be my pleasure.) I have seen Death Note (L is my fav) and Kamisama Kiss (though it was years ago). If you have a specific fandom you like, I could have go at it too. (I warn you, I'm not the best writer, but I try. lol) But I also will likely only have time for it on the weekends.Anyway. Just have fun with it. That's most important thing.  Anything you decide will be appreciated. You are the best.

3 hours ago, RoyalFlush said:

Oh, don't worry about it. You can pick any fandom, or original you want. And don't worry about when you write it. Even if its not for a few months, I'll still read it when your done. No pressure at all. And I'd be happy to do any prompt you like in return. (I love all the ones you've come up with. So it be my pleasure.) I have seen Death Note (L is my fav) and Kamisama Kiss (though it was years ago). If you have a specific fandom you like, I could have go at it too. (I warn you, I'm not the best writer, but I try. lol) But I also will likely only have time for it on the weekends.Anyway. Just have fun with it. That's most important thing.  Anything you decide will be appreciated. You are the best.

I think I'll do original. Do you want male or female?

And you're so sweeeet <3

Yeah, I'd probably classify myself under the "not the best writer but definitely tries" category too lol.

16 hours ago, CeruleanBlue said:

I think I'll do original. Do you want male or female?

And you're so sweeeet <3

Yeah, I'd probably classify myself under the "not the best writer but definitely tries" category too lol.

Thank you so much. ^_^ Original is always interesting.

I'm into males if that's ok. (Got to love a big man taken down by little cold. Lol. Its my thing.):blush:

I'm excited to see what you come up with! People like you are why I loved this forum! :hug:

I might as well ask you too, do you prefer male or female, if you have a preference?

2 hours ago, RoyalFlush said:

Thank you so much. ^_^ Original is always interesting.

I'm into males if that's ok.

I prefer male too, so that works perfectly!

(Got to love a big man taken down by little cold. Lol. Its my thing.)

*taking notes for fic*

I'm excited to see what you come up with! People like you are why I loved this forum! :hug:

Same with you! <3 :hug: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I decided to post some (original) prompts in different categories: Specific plot prompts (“Character A ___ Character B ___” type thing), dialogue prompts, and general situation/tone prompts (e.g. “sleepy, sniffly cuddles” “feverish nightmares” “Autumn colds” “an unusual way to cure a cold/allergies”). So if you’re not interested in this first category, go ahead and skip down to the others! :)

Specific Plot Prompts:

Character A has some sort of telepathetic or health connection to Character B (A is an alien or perhaps it was a spell gone wrong or a curse etc). Luckily, they get along very well even with it!... Until one of them gets sick/has a bad allergy day and whenever they sneeze, cough, etc, the other does it too a moment later and is not happy about it. (If A is an alien, perhaps it’s an allergy to some unavoidable/common human thing and they keep running into it?)

A has been really sick for a while but is starting to get better. However, they’re really exhausted and still sniffly. They fall asleep on/against character B (their partner/friend/etc). Character B realizes (perhaps through A’s nostrils flaring against B’s neck, an increase in A’s sniffling, hearing/feeling A’s breath coming out shaky, etc) that A has to sneeze and will likely wake themselves up if they do. B knows that A really needs the sleep and decides to try to stop the sneeze.

A vampire/werewolf/etc gets sick (or has allergies if you prefer) for the first time due to whatever reason and is extremely heartbroken/frustrated/etc by the effect it has on them (e.g. they can’t smell even though normally their sense of smell is incredibly strong, their super-speed/super-strength is dulled or disfunctional, their powers of coercion or magic is dulled, etc).

Character A is not human. In fact, they have wings (angel/fairy/fallen angel/demon/etc). Suddenly, they find themselves fallen/kicked out from their usual world and on Earth. Character B, a human, is luckily incredibly kind and there to help! However, B is allergic to feathers. A feels bad about B’s allergies even though B assures A it’s fine.

Character A and B are both sick and both have superpowers. A has ice powers and B has fire powers. When A sneezes, the room drops drastically in temperature, and when B sneezes, the room rises dramatically in temperature. Bonus points if due to their powers, they’re sensitive to the other range of temperature and it makes them sicker/sneezy. Alternatively, A has ice powers and B has nature/plant/flower powers. B is sick. When B sneezes, flowers grow. A is terribly  allergic to flowers (or possibly just specifically B’s flowers). But when A sneezes, the room/area gets cold... and that cold temperature makes B’s sensitive nose tickle again.

Character A is still relatively new to the only language B and everyone else in that area speaks. A’s gotten decently fluent at this point, but still doesn’t know/forgot words like “fever,” “sneeze,” “tissues,” etc. A either has to explain it to B or look it up. Bonus points if contagion results from a misunderstanding.

Similarly, Character A is still relatively new to the only language B and everyone else in that area speaks. A’s gotten decently fluent at this point, but when A gets struck by a bad fever, they insist upon only speaking their first language(/other languages). B doesn’t understand much of that language and ends up searching up words to understand what A needs and how B can comfort A. Bonus points if contagion results from a misunderstanding.

A tells B, “Don’t get so close to me. You’ll get sick.” B doesn’t care about being sick/cares about comforting B more/loves to cuddle with A too much and insanely sweet, sniffly cuddles persist.

Character A is always the caretaker/mom of the group/pair, especially when someone gets sick. However, when A comes down with a nasty cold, the group is left bumbling to help and repeatedly failing. A is annoyed but also finds it kind of cute/sweet/touching.

Character A is tied up or restrained in some manner for a play. Character B is the only other one there at that point and goes to untie A but the restraints just won’t come off. To top it off, A is allergic to something in the room/is sick and after the adrenaline of the play just crashes into illness/their allergy meds wear off. A is sneezy (+ sick?) and B has to help them manage their illness/allergies until B can find help. (Maybe at one point A’s sneezes get so strong that when they snap forward with a sneeze/fit, they end up breaking the restraints? Alternatively, A and B ended up missing the incredibly easy solution to remove the restraints (e.g. using the wrong key or pulling on the wrong part, etc).)

Character A treats B’s sneezes as genuine responses to the conversation, either jokingly to annoy B or A just actually knows B and their sneezes well enough to understand correctly (even if B wasn’t actually trying to reply).

Character A gets a needed, new box of tissues (either themselves, from a partner/friend, or from a kind bystander). Little do they know, A is allergic to that kind of scented/lotion tissues and it only makes them sneezier.

It’s Christmas, A’s birthday, or some other event for gift-giving. When B is about to hand A their gift, B sneezes on A. A jokes, “So, my Christmas/birthday/etc present is a cold? Thanks.” A does get sick the next day.

A has a tendency to forget to consider their allergies when planning to do something. Usually, B reminds them. One time, B doesn’t (sick?) and A suffers from their allergies.

A is a werewolf. B, who’s allergic to dogs, is strangely allergic around them and wonders why...?

Dialogue prompts:

-”You were a lot more upbeat a few hours ago.” “That was when I could still breathe through my nose.”

-“Don’t do that — it makes humans sneeze!” “What does that mean?”

-“I’m dying.” “You have a headcold.” “I’m dying.”

-“Please step back.” “Why?” “I’m going to sneeze. It’s dangerous.” (Superpowers e.g. super strength sneezes or fire etc)

-A, sick with a cold: “I’m dying.” B, healthy caretaker: “You have a cold.” C, also sick: “I’m dying.” B, annoyed by C not helping: “It’s not my fault you two idiots got each other sick.” (Can be more than 2)

-“I don’t want you to catch my cold.” “Shame, that’s exactly what I came here for.”

-“I’m going to sneeze.” “Yeah, I think the whole world knows that by now.”

-“Why’d you bring me flowers if you’re allergic??” “... I thought you’d like them.”

-“We’re out of tissues.” “No shit. I guessed from the mountain of tissues on the floor.”

-“Hehh...” “Don’t cover with your hands again.”

-“So what do you think? Never mind, I know that look — sneeze first, answer when you’re ready.”

-“I got these flowers for this table — I thought they’d be pretty. They don’t bother you, do they?”

-”They’re trying to kill me.” “No, they’re not.” “Flowers, candles, spicy food, pepper, d-duhhhhst — I’m pretty sure they’re trying to kill me.”

-”I’m so sorry, my allergies are acting up.” “Oh no! What are you allergic to in here?” “I think a better question is what am I not allergic to in here.”

-“Your tea/soup I made you isn’t hot anymore!” “I wish the same could be said for your temper.”

-“You’re burning up!” “I-I’m f-freezing.”

-“Why are you wearing so many layers?” “It’s really cold in here.” “No, it’s not. Your fever went up. Come here, let me see.”

-“Oh shit.” “What’s wrong?” “I’m allergic to ____ we should not be hiding here.” “Well, it’s too late to say that now??”

-“I have a headache. If you don’t shut up I’ll come over there and sneeze on you. Don’t test me.”

-“My nose is really sensitive right now.” “So you’re saying that if I do this then you’ll—“ “h-hh!”

-“I really need to sneeze. But I don’t want to.” “Just don’t think about it. Seriously, just make sure you don’t think about all the flowers here and all the pollen from them floating through the air and tickling your nose.” “Hihh...” “Don’t even think at all about the petals. How ticklishly, featherishly soft they are, how they’re covered in all that irritating pollen that just always makes you sneeze.” “Wait, you’re not hel-hahhh... helping—“

-“I hate this cold.” “You’ll feel better if you drink your medicine.” “I hate taking medicine.” “Is there anything you don’t hate right now?” “You.”

-“I can’t believe you sneezed on me!” “It’s not my fault you didn’t notice! It was pretty damn obvious.” “I thought you were crying or something!”

-“How are you feeling?” “Let’s just put it this way: you’re gonna get tired of saying ‘bless you’ reeeeeal fast.”

-“I’m so condgested I cad’t evend swear properly.” “Oh, my gosh, what a tragedy!” “I dond’t appreciate that sarcasmb.”

-“I missed you so much!” “I’ve only been gone for an hour.” “That’s a lot in ‘sick/miserable people time,’ okay?”

-A: “I can’t believe you got me sick.” B: “I can’t believe you -some action involving B that clearly would infect A and did-.” A: “Fair point but I still blame you on that.”

-“I think I gave you my cold.”

-“I’m not feeling so good. I think you gave me your cold.”

-“Tell me what’s wrong so I can help.”

-“Don’t sneeze!” “I’m t-tryhhhing — help me!”

-A: “I’m gonna sneeze again.” B: “Again? Are you feeling okay?” (Either as in A is sick/A’s allergies are acting up/etc all day and B is only hearing about it now but immediately catches on, OR in a way that connects to the next prompt)

-“You sneezed more than usual — are you all right?” “Huh?” “You usually sneeze ____ times at once, never ____.”

General Situation/Tone Prompts:

-A is really sick, breathing through their mouth, chapped nose, coughing, sneezing every few minutes, and very sleepy. Fluff ensues with A and their partner B (possibly including: sniffly, sleepy cuddles; kisses on a sensitive nose; kissing on the lips even though A is sick; etc)

-All Character A wants is Character B’s presence

-Feverish nightmares

-Sick shivering that only gets better with Character B’s cuddles

-Hoodie/sweater over a shirt for warmth, sweatpants, socks, blanket — cozy colds

-Clingy colds

-Autumn colds

-Valentine’s Day allergies

-Tired, sleepy cold sneezes muffled into their partner’s shoulder/chest

-Cuddling where sick/allergic/generally sneezy A’s face is buried into B’s neck and B can feel their nostrils flaring and breath hitching etc

-Shoulders rising with the force of the sneezes

-Sickiepie A holding onto B’s wrist to stop them from leaving

-Replying from behind a tissue/handkerchief before/after blowing their nose or from behind whatever they just used/are about to use to sneeze into (elbow, wrist, tissue, handkerchief, collar, etc)

-Trying to surpress the urge to sneeze by pressing their fist/palm of their hand up against their nose but they fail and just sneeze into their hand

-Sneezes where the last syllable is either half a whimper or half a sigh/exhale

-An unusual way to cure a cold/allergies

Oh, I love the dialogue prompts. The scenarios are interesting, too, but I'm working on some Zack/Hodgins Fics right now and I'll definitely use more than three of the quotes in my dialogues :D But since most of them can't be said by Zack because he's Zack, I'm afraid that Hodgins will have to catch this cold from him just so I can fulfil your prompts :P

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Oh, I love the dialogue prompts. The scenarios are interesting, too, but I'm working on some Zack/Hodgins Fics right now and I'll definitely use more than three of the quotes in my dialogues :DBut since most of them can't be said by Zack because he's Zack, I'm afraid that Hodgins will have to catch this cold from him just so I can fulfil your prompts :P

I’m really glad you liked them, especially since they were all original (albeit a few based off of tropes). :D I can relate honestly lol I put some scenarios that I really want to write, but I have fics I’m currently working on that I need to finish first (but watch me have a werewolf and/or vampire story up like tomorrow lol). I’ll have to read those fics though (if you decide to post them)! Especially the one(s) involving contagion. :heart:

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I’m back with another set of prompts in the same style as the last one. Also, a reminder that any prompts you guys have are completely welcome here too!

Scenario Prompts 2:

Character A gets drunk for whatever reason (drinking game, party, sad, an extreme lightweight), however this worsens their cold (which perhaps only really started to show then?). Character B tries to help or take care of them. Maybe the wine makes them sneeze even more. Maybe they have less control over stifling sneezes or over covering sneezes. Maybe the alcohol irritates their already-raw throat. Alcohol causes the body to lose heat, so maybe A and B cuddle or B has to wrap A in extra blankets or A becomes very clingy with B. Maybe A’s fever combined with the alcohol makes them kind of disoriented. Bonus points if the next morning A’s hangover  doesn’t mix well with their illness either (sneezing irritating their headache for example)

A character (ideally with a sensitive nose) is in some sort of a lab or an area with magic. They accidentally inhale 1+ powders/substances/mists/etc through their nose. They quickly discover that it has a strange (possibly frightening?) effect: their sneeze is superpowered in some way/has some reaction with the substance (either fire sneezes, ice, strong/wind, etc). They try to stop sneezing but the scent of the substance is j-just so strhhong and t-heh... tihhhckly that they can’t help sneezing over and over again. Bonus points if their sneezing causes them to break more test tubes/kick up more powders/stumble into more of the substance and it makes it even worse or switches the superpower. However long it takes to wear off or be sneezed out is up to you!

Character A has some form of fire abilities. They get sick/they are exposed to some allergen. Whenever they sneeze/cough, they sometimes end up burning the object in their hand or simply melting the ice in a drink etc. A tries to get through a normal day (either at home and/or at work (possibly as a waiter/waitress?)), with B’s help if you want, but struggles due to their illness/allergies.

For whatever reason (fishing, exploring, a shortcut, cabin by a now-frozen lake, whatever) characters A and B are on thin ice, literally. They are blissfully oblivious to just how thin it is until... crrk. The ice cracks beneath B’s feet. Both panic and try to get B to A (bonus points for A reaching out a hand to B and telling them to take it), but it’s too late — the ice breaks and B is plunged into the deep, freezing water, unable to see the way back up to the surface (somehow moved away from the hole they fell through, fell too deep to see it, etc). A dives in after B and luckily is able to save them. However, one or both of them get sick from this. Alternative detail: the ice finally broke because B sneezed and the stumble and movement from that was the last straw. Alternative detail #2: A and B were arguing beforehand and were on extremely bad terms with each other but after the incident and caretaking all hard feelings are gone.

A is cuddled up into B, run down by an illness/allergies/fever, muffling soft sneezes into their shoulder. After the sneezes, A murmurs in a defeated tone, “‘M sorry. Sorry I -did whatever that irritated their allergies so much or that got them sick or that made their fever way worse-, sorry I’m such a mess right now.” A sniffles and adds, “You don’t have to stay with me right now if you don’t want to,” though the words come out much sadder and more pathetic than they were meant to. B simply kisses their forehead/hair/nose/lips/cheek, gives the most loving smile they possibly could have, cuddles them a little bit tighter, and replies, “I would never leave you. Especially not like this, okay?” A is really touched and happy. Bonus points if A actually so touched and so feverish that they shed a few tears over it. Alternative bonus points if B catches A’s illness and A does the same for B that B had done for them.

B: “Are you sick?” A: “Yeah. I don’t know if it’s a cold or the flu.” B: “Do you have a fever?” A tries to check themselves for fever, but simply looks back up at B, shrugs, and in an almost sad/defeated tone says, “I can’t tell.” B feels their forehead and has to stop themselves from pulling their hand away quickly — their expression falls, almost imperceptibly, but it’s definitely there. A: “You definitely have a fever. You’re really warm. Are you feeling okay?” B simply shakes their head slowly in reply, sniffling.

Character A can be very clumsy sometimes. They also have an extremely sensitive nose and they keep sneezing (illness, allergies, dust, wine, spicy food, just outside stimuli, etc). However, in this incredibly sneezy state, their clumsiness levels go through the roof. Luckily, character B is there to catch/steady objects A knocks over sneezing, catch/steady A if they trip over something sneezing, or take objects (e.g soup) away from A right before they sneeze so that A doesn’t drop/spill it. A is really embarrassed about being such a mess but B follows them around 99% of the time to handle it and comfort A. Some options: A is actually usually very smooth and coordinated - the wine/fever makes A clumsy - A ends up getting B sick - A is without B for once and does mess something up

Dialogue Prompts 2:

“Ugh, sorry. My cold made me sneeze.”

“I have a lot of work to do but my allergies won’t let me.”

“ ‘S cold.”

“I don’t want to sneeze (again).”

“Are you feeling okay?” “Do I fucking look okay?”

“You look terrible!” “Thagks for the complimbent.”

“Can you pronounce anything correctly right now?” “Ndo. *sniff* See???”

“I can’t even sneeze/cough properly anymore.”

“Why don’t you just blow your nose?” “It’s embarrassing./You’re here...”

“Jesus, how many times have you sneezed today??” “More than in the rest of my life combined.”

“I c-caahhhn’t stop sn... snuh... (help me!)”

“I think I’m gonna sneeze.” “You ‘think?’” “I can’t be certain today/with this cold/with -allergen- around.”

“Oh, no, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“*sarcasm* Wow, you think you have enough blankets there?” “Ndo, I’mb still shaking.”

“Does it tickle?” “Does what tickle? *sniff*” “Your nose.” (“Y-yeahhhhh... but it has all day.”)

“Should I start buying tissue boxes in bulk now?” “Shut up.”

“You’re really sick.” “I feel like it.”

“I tend to get ndightmbares when I have a fever.”

“Don’t leave me.”

“Please stay.”

“I’m kinda lonely.”

“I missed you.”

“Jesus Christ, how much snot can you even fit in your head?” “Apparently three tissue boxes worth.”

“I really... hihhhh really need to sneeze. Can you h-heh... Help me? Please?”

“You’re adorable.” “Shut up.” (“Is that your new catchphrase?”)

“Why do humans describe the sensation of an oncoming sneeze as a ‘tickle?’ What does it feel like?”

“You don’t sound so good.” “No shit, I’m coughing more than I’m breathing at this point.”

“I’m really tired.” “I know. Get some rest, you need it.”

“You should go to bed.” “I’m fine?” “Your sneeze sounds really tired.”

“What are you doing for Halloween/Christmas/New Year’s Eve/Valentine’s Day?” “*sniff* Being sick...”

“You look like you’re on death’s door, for God’s sake!” “Thagks for adding insult to indjury. Literally.”

“Honey, you look terrible. What can I do to help?”

“They need you on set in six minutes!!” “The only ‘onset’ that I want to hear right now is ‘this is just a cold, not an onset case of the flu,’ okay?”

“Hihhhhhh... Is there any chance you have anhhhy makeup brushes that aren’t so tihhhckly? *sniff*” “Sorry, this is what works best. Just hold on for a few minutes okay? Don’t sneeze.” “I don’t know if I can promise th-ahhh... that.”

“How did I manage to get sick right now?” “I think the better question is ‘how did you manage to not get sick until now?’”

“I don’t think it was just your allergies bothering you after all.” “Why do you say that?” “Hihh-hh’edstchuu! *sniff* Because allergies aren’t contagious.”

“Why is that idiot over there just standing in the rain? They seem like they’re getting sick haha. Oh wait, that’s my idiot, shit—“

“Oh, my god, relax — I’ll live, okay, it’s just a cold.”

“I thought you said you didn’t have any allergies?”

“Don’t you dare sneeze again.”

“I’m sorry, can you repeat what you just said? I kinda missed it while sneezing, sorry.”

“Are you okay??” “Aside from not being able to breathe through my nose because it’s so blocked, not being able to breathe through my mouth because I keep coughing, and not being able to unblock my nose or use Vicks for my cough because either way I keep sneezing... I’m just peachy.”

“It hurts.” “Baby...”

“Oh, shit, don’t do that, you’ll make them sneeze!!” (Best suits giant/giantess fic)

“How did you get through the day like that??”

“All I want is to go home, get into bed and under my blankets, and just sleep, okay?”

“If I’m not in bed, unconscious from NyQuil, in about ten minutes I’ll probably just pass out anyway to be honest.”

“You scared me for a minute there. Please never do that again.”

“Holy shit, I missed tissues so much.”

“Wait, you got sick too?”

“That was the lamest pun/joke I’ve ever heard in my life and if you weren’t so feverish/doped up on allergy meds/miserable/sick, I’d slap you.”

“Don’t touch me.”

“Oh, no, are you allergic to ___?” “N-nhhh... nooo... *sniffle*” “Bullshit/Liar.”

“I’mb really sorry that I’mb so gross right ndow. *snff*” “No, no, don’t worry! It’s not your fault. *mumbles under breath* It’s hot anyway.” “Wait, did you just say it’s hot??” “No, no, no, I said you’re hot. Y-Your fever. You’re burning up. Very hot... haha.”

“Sorry, my cold is *snff* just making me rhh... really i-hhhh... i-itchhhhy right now...”

“My allergies are driving me crazy today.”

“I’m this close to just chopping off my nose at this point.”

“Doesn’t that smell lovely?” “... I’m so congested I can’t really smell anything right now at all so...”

(While the other has a particularly long sneezing/coughing fit) “Jesus Christ, are you going for a record?? Slow down, there, Babe/Name/Etc. Are you okay?”

“Are you planning to stop sneezing any time soon or should I just call an ambulance?” “Haha, very fuhhhh... funny—! Hh’tsxchyuu!”

“How are you feeling?” “Kind of shitty. You?” “Really shitty.” “Wow, way to one-up me, huh?”

Heh’tschhuh! I’m fine.” “Fine? Your cold is pretty bad — it’s nothing to sneeze at, A!” “Hh’tdishhu! I swear, if you don’t wipe that smirk off your face, B—“ (Pun)

“I get it, you’re sick. You don’t have to keep proving it.”

General Situation/Tone Prompts 2:

-Someone who’s sick having their allergies act up to (for whatever reason) and takes meds that claim to loosen congestion/decrease symptoms for “allergies or colds” and the character just thinks, “Oh, perfect, I have both.”

-A character sneezing while being in the arms of/touched in someway by their partner/friend and the latter remarking, “You okay? That one felt pretty rough.”

-A demon, vampire, etc character being allergic to “bless you”s

-“Stolen” sneezes (A goes through the build-up of a sneeze and almost actually sneezes, but then B sneezes and sort of startles A out of it, leading to a pouty A being like, “You stole my sneeze!”)

-Boy Who Cried Wolf, lying about being sick but then actually getting sick

-Sneezing while hiding

-Really inconvenient times to sneeze

-Contagion between two characters and they just keep checking up on each other and each other’s colds

-A really sick character sneezing twice (or more) really congestedly and then leaning their poor, twitchy, red nose into their hand because they’re just so done with sneezing and simply don’t have the energy to sneeze any more. Whether this works or not is up to you though

-Character B is holding tissues/handkerchief for sickie character A (for whatever reason). A has to sneeze, so they pull B’s hands (for the tissues/handkerchief) to their mouth.

-Character B cuddling sick Character A, who frequently muffles sleepy sneezes into B’s chest/coat/shoulder/etc. The next day B wakes up even later than A, only for them to discover that B is sick

-Two characters hugging and one character sneezes over the other’s shoulder

• 1 month later...

I'll share one - I'd love to write this myself but as a second-language writer I could never do the dialogue in this :lol:

The Old, Wild West. He has caught an outlaw with a sizable bounty on his (her? Their? You decide!) head.
He (a hardened bounty-hunter or just an upstanding citizen? You decide!) has a bit of a distance to cover to get his captive to the hands of the law and collect his prize.
BUT "sadly" :devil2:  he's also coming down with a terrible case of a cold or flu
, and in the wilderness, ends up having to depend on his captive...

Archived