Sneeze Fetish Forum

Trying to get through winter without a single cold!

Joal 555

I don't remember the last time I achieved this, but here we are getting towards the end of November and so far, so good. There's still a long, long way to go of course, but I'm hoping that this may be the year! I really hate getting colds, as they are so awkward and anti-social, even if you put on one side the obvious point about feeling sick and having to cope with all the usual symptoms/consequences.

I may report back here from time to time, but in the meantime, if anyone wants to share experiences on how long it is since they managed a whole winter without a cold, or what the most number of colds they had in a winter was (etc etc), feel free to contribute!

:joal:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joal 555

• Elektra

• NoV

• Ben Drowned

usually get 2 colds but I haven't gotten sick yet just some sensitive nose sneezes and dust allergies but I'm trying to get sick and it's not working 

I take vitamin C every day and have for a long time; I've actually gotten through the past few winters without a cold.  But I'm the type who tends not to get colds so much as "allergy flareups."  I believe the last true cold I had was a summer one, in 2014.

My parents use turmeric and chilies in the food that I eat, so that increases my immunity. I also eat garlic frequently and drink apple cider vinegar. Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables helps. The last cold I had was in 2016 and before that, I used to get sick twice a year.

My immune system seems to be weakening, because I'd go from having 0-1 colds a year, to consistently having 1 or 2 during winter... :P No amount of Vitamin C can help me!

On 11/24/2017 at 10:39 AM, Joal 555 said:

I really hate getting colds, as they are so awkward and anti-social, even if you put on one side the obvious point about feeling sick and having to cope with all the usual symptoms/consequences.

Amen to that :D I absolutely hate being ill and not being able to breathe properly through my nose is possibly the worst sensation in the world!

Last year I managed the whole winter without a cold... and so far this year I am cold free, although I realise by posting this, I have probably sealed my fate... :rollhmm:

I too hate being ill (and most of all I hate when someone points it out, even if it is in a well-wishing intention)... And I home you'll get through this winter without a cold! I managed it last year (mostly, I believe, because I didn't work and wasn't around germy children... school is the best way to be contaminated) but for this year it's too late, as I've already had a nasty cold in september, with a laryngitis, and a very mild one some weeks ago, which lasted no more than 2 days, and I really hope it's over for me!

2 hours ago, NoV said:

I realise by posting this, I have probably sealed my fate... :rollhmm:

I hope not!!! :D

I'm pretty sure I've only gotten 2 colds in my lifetime. Heh, I don't really get sick easily, but when I do it really sucks. Hope you reach your goal!

I had my first actual cold in almost FOUR years last month. I was so sad that my record was broken (and also it sucked because I was sick), but I've never gone that long without a cold before ever. I attribute it to working from home. So if you don't want to get a cold this winter, call off work and tell them it's a preventative measure :lol:

Edit: It might have also been the addition of a vitamin D supplement, but that won't get you off work so...

Edited by Oolia

Woke up yesterday with the telltale sign....swallowed and felt a painful lump inside my throat when I did.
I hate it, also because it can sometimes last up to 3 weeks, where most people shake it off after a few days. But I've been reasonably happy with the Fall : no cold since July! There were so many *other* types of illnesses for me in the meantime, including recurring dental pbs, that it sort of wiped it off for me.

Anyways, I feel it's not too bad this time <G> Question, do you guys sometimes have this? I get this very localised throat infection, just above the place you swallow, (pharyngite, la fête Aliena!!), but it doesn't really go anywhere else. Just stays stuck there forever...

...nuff' said

Welp, I cought a cold from my friend a few days ago I think. Not even sneezing much, my nose is just running and i'm coughing alot. It's very annoying, but I'm slowly getting over it.

I'm sneezing ALL THE TIME!!! And violently too, most of the time in doubles...the second gets really wet and bends me over

On 30/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, Elektra said:

Question, do you guys sometimes have this? I get this very localised throat infection, just above the place you swallow, (pharyngite, la fête Aliena!!), but it doesn't really go anywhere else. Just stays stuck there forever...

Yes, I see what you mean. And I really hope you're all right now. hug:hug:I'm feeling exactly the same today and I hope this is not the beginning of a cold. If it is, it will be the third since september (a personal record)... And I'm going to Paris next wenesday with my students, if my voice is gone, how can do? It sucks.

sexyhankysneeze

I live on the other side of the world so we're coming into summer now but I have honestly had the worst year ever for catching colds, either 6 or 7, I lost count but it's a far cry from the last 3 years where I've only had one a year

On 11/28/2017 at 8:09 PM, Aliena H. said:

I hope not!!! :D

The week after I posted on this thread I feel I kinda skirted with having a cold - my throat got sore and I was had a headache for a couple of days - but it didn't develop into anything serious. Still think I brought it on myself for my original post :D 

Hello and welcome to the most tempting fate reply of all time!

I was only thinking recently how so many people seem to be complaining about having a cold yet i have managed to dodge this bullet well into December.

I'm usually a 1 bad cold a year kind of guy and always this time of year. It is a social nightmare for me and one i'm desperate to always avoid.........but....... i've just replied to this post so may as well stock up on the lemsip now!

I work with bundles of infection (children, and colleagues), so no chance I'll succeed at this challenge. :lol: I suspect I have one now but it's not really coming through which I hope it won't. Here's praying to my immune system fighting it off without too much inconvenience. 

I wish I could even attempt to do this, but I'm currently on my third cold in as many weeks. :sweatdrop: The first one kinda took me out with a fever, then the second time I straight-up lost my voice, and now I'm just coughing all the time. It's probably a sign I need a break from studying and such, because I don't think I've ever had this many in a single winter before... I usually get away with one. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Update

One month on from making this post and it's a case of so far, so good.

However, we are now moving into the depths of winter (in the UK at least) and historically, I've often got a cold during the Xmas break, so it's far too early for any kind of complacency.

The battle continues!

3 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

Update

One month on from making this post and it's a case of so far, so good.

However, we are now moving into the depths of winter (in the UK at least) and historically, I've often got a cold during the Xmas break, so it's far too early for any kind of complacency.

The battle continues!

I'm rooting for you! You can do it! :clapping:

On 11/30/2017 at 7:07 AM, Oolia said:

So if you don't want to get a cold this winter, call off work and tell them it's a preventative measure

This was really tempting! :P

1 hour ago, Oolia said:

I'm rooting for you! You can do it! 

Thank you!