Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneezefic challenges?

Sequoia

Hello,

I found this sneezefic group and their website long before I joined the forum. Back then, I didn't even understand English well enough to get the plot of the fics I read :razz: I decided to join it as soon as possible. But it seems to be inactive now (last activity 2014) and the sfarchive hasn't been updated either. 

Are any of you still around? Or is there any similar sneezefic group which is still organizing challenges? I've only written one sneezefic so far (and haven't even shared it yet), but I know from my (non-fetish) writing club how motivating these challenges can be. I would really like to join one :) 

I'm still around and miss the sneezefic list and archive. But I also never had anything to do with running it; I was just a reader and occasional participant.

Those challenges were generally organized by Tarotgal, who doesn't participate much here but has a Dreamwidth account. I don't know if she's interested (or has the time) to do challenges like those again, but you could always try asking her. If she did put another one together, I'd certainly be willing to participate.

Some other things you could try...

For the past few years Tarotgal's run a sneezefic meme on her journal every April, where people post ideas (generally fandom related) and others fill them if they are so inclined. Anonymous commenters are more than welcome.

There's also the Sneezefic in 132 Moods challenge, which I am oddly determined to see through to the end, even though I'm not a mod, just an enthusiastic writer, as you can tell by the sheer number of fics that I've written for it. If someone else wants to start filling them too, I'd be delighted.

Then there's this list of sneezefic plot bunnies (some original, some fandom). Tarotgal once mentioned to me that she's not going to be updating that site anymore (either with new bunnies or with anyone's fills of older bunnies), but if you're looking for ideas, this is an excellent place to start.

And finally, to toot my own horn a little, there's this picture based meme I created on this forum, where we use stock photos for inspiration.

I know none of these are actual challenges with deadlines, but perhaps they'll offer up some inspiration, if nothing else. Good luck, and have fun writing!

Edited by Wig_Powder

Thank you for your replies :)

It's really sad that the group doesn't exist anymore. It had more than 500 members and I could imagine that a few more would be interested as well. But I'll check out tarotgal's journal in April. I actually contacted her yesterday. If she would organize another one, we'd already have four participants. Which is not a lot, but definitely something to start with. 

Is the 132 moods list  still being updated? The two moods (pessimistic/angry) you wrote last year are not yet claimed on the main page. Otherwise, I will have to check manually if my chosen mood has already been used by someone else. Wouldn't be a big problem, though. And I really love the idea (: 

The plot bunny list and your topic are also great links for getting some inspiration! I will definitely try these as soon as I have finished  my school project. Thank you @Wig_Powder!

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Is the 132 moods list  still being updated? The two moods (pessimistic/angry) you wrote last year are not yet claimed on the main page. Otherwise, I will have to check manually if my chosen mood has already been used by someone else. Wouldn't be a big problem, though. And I really love the idea (: 

Tarotgal can take awhile to update that site, especially since I'm the only one who's really writing for it nowadays. Other than the "Happy" mood (which I also wrote something for, but it was screened on LJ and Tarotgal has yet to unscreen it), the other moods are up for grabs, although I do have designs on a few of them, but can find a way to work them into other moods if you want a crack at them.

Good luck with your project, and hope you find some good prompts!

I would love to *try* to fill in some moods- depending on what is available.  I was finding myself with some vague urge to write but in need of a little push/inspiration/ plot bunny.

Will have to take a look.

Will any of you who are working on these post them here as well as linking to the main page of 132 (I think that it would be great for people to be reminded of the whole list).

Sounds great and all the best with the writing!!

@tma @Sequoia Both Tarotgal and I would be very appreciative of new writers! I hope both of you are able to get some inspiration!

At the risk of being a bit selfish (and spoiling my future plans), I'll mention that the moods I've got my eye on are Full, Thirsty, Indifferent, Jubilant, and Cheerful. I don't want to officially lay claim to them, but if possible, I'd appreciate having first crack at them. Obviously, though, if you get a great idea and want to do it, go ahead; like I said, I can find ways to make my ideas work with other moods, and I wouldn't be posting until Christmas, anyway, so it would be rude to hog them to myself.  Still, no harm in asking, right?

On 2/26/2018 at 7:11 AM, Wig_Powder said:

I'll mention that the moods I've got my eye on are Full, Thirsty, Indifferent, Jubilant, and Cheerful.

I would have asked you anyway, as I don't want to spoil anyone's plans. As soon as I've found "my" mood I'll post here as well. And maybe also others who plan to contribute something? 

On 2/25/2018 at 10:54 PM, tma said:

Will any of you who are working on these post them here as well as linking to the main page of 132 (I think that it would be great for people to be reminded of the whole list)

That's a great idea! There are quite a few writers on here and moods are rather easy to include in a story. And inspiring, too. I think I've never had someone feeling full in any of my stories :huh:

And if someone's interested: In April Tarotgal will actually run another sneezefic meme. Sadly, the photos from the last few years are not available anymore, there will be new ones soon. And hopefully many ideas and stories :) 

Thank you for this hint, Wig_Powder!
Btw. Is that a real hamster on your profile picture? I first thought it was a really fluffy bunny, but then I was wondering about that black loop(?) and saw how small it was. 

Thank you, both of you! Like I said, I tend to post my mood fics at Christmas as a present for Tarotgal, but maybe I'll try to speed things up a bit so that they can be officially claimed. Besides, it gets us that much closer to getting the project done!

And by the way, if neither of you have LJ accounts and don't want to create one, I'd be happy to post the fics for you on the site, giving you full credit, naturally.

8 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Btw. Is that a real hamster on your profile picture? I first thought it was a really fluffy bunny, but then I was wondering about that black loop(?) and saw how small it was. 

Actually, it's a powder-puff. Here's the picture at a normal size;

https://wig-powder.livejournal.com/pics/catalog/368/20507

You aren't the first person who thought it was a hamster, though. At that size, it's an easy mistake to make.

Oops. It's times like these why I have my tall sequoia tree with me to hide :'D And why I'll never get myself a hamster. 
Well. But it is really small and seems to be eating from its feeding bowl. :razz:

I still have three days to get my school project done. Then I'll have all the time in the world to write some sneezefics :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, two years later, I finally managed to fill "Annoyed" :whistle:
So far, you can find it here:

I think I'm gonna choose "energetic" next and I will try really hard to fill it faster than last time, which shouldn't be too hard.