Sneeze Fetish Forum

Does anyone else have NO intention of ever telling anyone about their fetish?

groundcontrol

I see a lot of threads based on people telling SOs, friends, family, etc. about their fetish, or asking advice on how to do so, but I'm in a bit of a different situation. Is there anyone out there, like me, who fully intends to take this fetish to the grave? I'm still young and I've never had a serious enough relationship to even consider telling my partner about the fetish, so I may end up reconsidering, but as of now I see no reason why I should tell anyone. I get nothing out of induced sneezes, and I actually much prefer seeing sneezes on video or reading about them rather than witnessing them in real life (strange I know), so there would really be no cause to tell my partner since I wouldn't really want them sneezing in front of me! If I did make my fetish known, it might just invite ridicule, so I think my safest bet is keeping it a secret. 

Anyone else have similar thoughts/feelings?

Yeah, I feel the same way more or less. I'm not a huge fan of induced sneezing, and I would feel really uncomfortable if my significant other did it for me. There's really no reason for me to bring it up to anyone for now. I'm also still working on overcoming my shame of the fetish, so I feel like keeping it under tight wraps until I'm more comfortable with it is the smartest thing at the moment.

I used to be this exact way. I had no intentions of ever telling a partner, because the thought of them indulging in the fetish for me was way too awkward. 

However, I have now told my current SO. Though the reasons for me telling him are quite different to most people's, I think. I didn't tell him because of the fetish side of things, but more because of the forum. 

I lived with my last partner, and it was EXHAUSTING trying to hide any history or evidence of the forum, making sure I didn't have any sneeze related files (like fics or videos or whatever) stored on my laptop, trying to find all these weird and wonderful ways that I met all these people. I hated all the sneaking around, and didn't want to have to go through that again, so I told my current SO really early into our relationship so I didn't have to hide the fact I was on the forum and could save my fics to my laptop and could tell him exactly who all these people were that kept adding me on Facebook. 

It was such a relief to have that honesty and openness with him, and I don't regret it for a second. He's never indulged me in the fetish because I have never asked him to, and he's fine with it. He doesn't think it's weird or gross, accepts it, and even teases me about it sometimes. 

Though I was 100% the same as you at one point, and never thought I'd tell a single person. Yet, here I am xD. 

I've no intention of telling my SO as his sneezing does nothing for me so there would be no reason. I've only ever told one person, my work BFF and it was on accident, I quoted her something and forgot to remove the sneezing part but she's super cool and didn't care.  But yeah aside from that accident I will never willingly tell anyone in my real life about it.

Not strange at all! I also don’t enjoy sneezing in real life. The only thing I’ve ever wanted to share about my fetish is just my writing because some of my friends and family know I want to publish a book someday so when they ask me how my regular book is going and I’ve just been working on a coldfic because I enjoy it...I’m like “yea just working on some writing exercises to improve my skills and still working out details for my book” lol. Or they’ll say, “do you have writer’s block and in my head I’m like no I just typed out a three thousand word update but out loud I’m like “ya know how it is”

Nope.

Nope nope nope.

Hell no.

Nah m8.

In all seriousness, trying to explain this to someone gives me anxiety so....nah.

2 minutes ago, Weegie said:

Nope.

Nope nope nope.

Hell no.

Nah m8.

In all seriousness, trying to explain this to someone gives me anxiety so....nah.

I laughed so hard at this. For sure, anxiety stops me every time. 

beijoseternura

Good morning groundcontrol,
You are right and I feel the same as you.
I can understand your concerns that the fetish could possibly invite ridicule.
That you can not anticipate the reaction of your family, people who are familiar and close to you.
I have never told anyone, even in relationships.
I think to do this step, it takes a lot of confidence in yourself and in the person who should learn about your fetish.
As long as I have not yet found this person, as some here probably do, I keep it as my secret.
A secret I might never share with anyone.
So, don't worry, you're the only one who thinks so.

I strongly suspect that I will take the secret to my grave :lol: I have never told anyone in real life, the only people who I have interacted with in regards to how I feel about sneezing are people who I have met through the forum. 

I much prefer to enjoy the natural sneezes of a blissfully unaware partner rather than the awkwardly loaded sneezes of a partner who knows :) 

37 minutes ago, NoV said:

I strongly suspect that I will take the secret to my grave :lol: I have never told anyone in real life, the only people who I have interacted with in regards to how I feel about sneezing are people who I have met through the forum. 

I much prefer to enjoy the natural sneezes of a blissfully unaware partner rather than the awkwardly loaded sneezes of a partner who knows :) 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Unfortunately I was busted by my wife due to my own carelessness. The outcome is a net loss; I no longer have that blissfully unaware partner :nosad:

I feel you! I never ever wanted to tell anyone. Finally my best friend dragged it out of me when i was really drunk. She knows i don't really enjoy irl sneezes and that mostly talking about this stuff irl makes me just anxious and feels awkward. And she doesn't even tease me about it because i told her it'd just make me uncomfortable :--D She's actually pretty supportive about this whole thing which is nice. But i never wanted to tell her, and when i first did i regretted it for months! These days i'm okay with her knowing, and sometimes it's nice to be able to tell her that hey, i just published my first sneeze-fic or my first wav (Even though it's more like "Hey remember my secret kink? YeAH i wrote a fic!!") but i still don't want to tell anyone else. The way you described it is exactly how i feel. And i'm ok with that tbh.

For the longest time I was convinced that this was the one thing that would literally stay with me forever. I had absolutely no intentions of telling a soul, even on my death bed. This all changed when I met my current SO who has taught me a lot about accepting things about myself as out of my control and being more in tune with myself (I know that sounds corny but it's true). It still took a long time for me to be even close to comfortable enough to tell her about the fetish but she has been infinitely accepting of it which I couldn't be more grateful for. I definitely don't think I'll ever tell anyone else unless by some crazy chance I happen to meet another fetishist randomly but I will say that having my SO know about it has been one of the more liberating experiences in my life and it definitely helped me see the fetish as less of a burden.

A few years ago, I definitely felt the same way. I did tell one person, my best friend who I have known my whole life, but I absolutely intended her to be the only person I ever told.

Whether fortunately or unfortunately, I seem to have reached a stage of "ehh, it's not that big of a deal". There's a game that some of my current friends like to play at parties, which is basically an inverse version of "never have I ever", where you have to come up with something you think no one else has done/applies to no one else. Somehow, the fetish has become my fallback for when I'm running out of ideas, because I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be the only one! :lol: So a few of said friends know, plus various random people I have partied with. Carpe diem, right? :lmfao:Actually, for me personally, it's made me a lot more comfortable with it to see how chill people are when I tell them! But I also understand the feeling of never wanting to tell anyone, having been there before. It's all personal preference. ^_^

Edited by MaiMai

I have no intentions of ever telling anyone. Been married to my husband for 11 years and never a word to him about it. I have considered it a few times but then always change my mind. It is hard though trying to remember to clear browser histories on our shared devices, etc. and so sometimes I think, why not just tell him. So who knows if I ever will or not but aside from him there isn’t a soul that I ever plan to tell this to. It’s just my thing and like most of the others said, I enjoy watching and reading about to online more than anything. 

Nooooooooooooope nope nopety nope. 

I intend to take it to the grave in this life - enjoy it through the next life even if reincarnated as a penguin - then take it to my penguin grave- and so on and so on via various bumblebee / sea cucumber graves for eternity.

I actually enjoy it being a secret and much prefer it that way. It is all on my own terms for me to enjoy without fear of ridicule, however I choose when possible, and I have no desire for sharing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Never told anyone, never will.:watsup:

I wouldn't want them to feel self conscious about sneezing around me.

Edited by Hizzoner duh Mare
On 4/9/2018 at 9:16 AM, beijoseternura said:

Good morning groundcontrol,
You are right and I feel the same as you.
I can understand your concerns that the fetish could possibly invite ridicule.
That you can not anticipate the reaction of your family, people who are familiar and close to you.
I have never told anyone, even in relationships.
I think to do this step, it takes a lot of confidence in yourself and in the person who should learn about your fetish.
As long as I have not yet found this person, as some here probably do, I keep it as my secret.
A secret I might never share with anyone.
So, don't worry, you're the only one who thinks so.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:22 AM, Hizzoner duh Mare said:

Never told anyone, never will.:watsup:

I wouldn't want them to feel self conscious about sneezing around me.

I agree with beijoseternura on this one. I thought it would be the one thing I would take to the grave, even though I am generally pretty open about my shortcomings and problems. The other part of this, like Hizzoner duh Mare said, is that I didn't want people to feel weird if they sneezed around me...or worse, to feel that they couldn't sneeze around me... or to always look at me if somebody sneezes. 

Just to offer another perspective: I recently told my boyfriend, after he really gained my trust. I felt like I could tell him anything and he wouldn't judge me, and I just really wanted to get this secret off my chest, to tell another real, live human being this thing that I have kept to myself for 20 years. I prepared him for it by telling him that it was a fetish, a harmless one, but one that could change the dynamic between us, and I asked if he still wanted to know. He said yes, of course. I was so scared to tell him. But after the first few minutes of him knowing this secret that I have never told anyone, it actually felt good

He obviously had a lot of questions for me, but only because he was curious. I didn't feel that he was judging me at all. And then I had some questions for him as well. Like I wanted to know if he knew what all his friends' sneezes sounded like, because I was curious how non-fetishists relate to sneezing. I wanted to know if he thinks people notice if I do or don't bless them, and all about "sneeze courtesy," because I've always found it so difficult to act normally around sneezes, and I wanted the perspective of a non-fetishist. So once this secret was out in the open between us, I could finally ask a "muggle" all of these questions! It was really like a huge weight off my shoulders. Sometimes I will still get self-conscious that he knows this about me, but he always just reassures me that it's completely normal to have a fetish, and that sneezing is really a very tame, harmless fetish to have, so it's all good. 

So I guess what I would say to you is that you should keep it to yourself if you really feel uncomfortable ever telling anyone, but it really depends what kind of person you are. If you generally feel better after talking to your friends (or maybe a therapist, etc.) about your problems or life in general, it could be a huge relief to open up to somebody you trust about it. No pressure, I'm just saying that it will most likely be more beneficial than detrimental. :)

I felt that way at first! I most definitely will never tell my family, though my boyfriend is another story.

Its pretty convenient that we are both sneeze fetishists(:D:sneeze:), and its nice because the questions we had for each other are about preferences more than asking about how the fetish works.

I prefer to keep it a secret to everyone else though.

-Roses

I have no intention of ever sharing anyone about my fetish. It just seems a bit... too personal to ever tell anyone. I’m now thinking of telling just a super good friend, but I’m really hesitant. 

I told both my ex wife and recent ex girlfriend. And both were fine with it. But... I don't intend on telling current girlfriend about it. She'd probably be fine with it, but... Having been on both sides... There are trade offs. So for now? I don't intend to.

Edited by Niceguy

Yeah I definitely don’t intend on ever telling anyone. It’s not not something I think I’ll ever feel comfortable with. But, if I did happen to know someone in real life with the same fetish I’d most likely tell them.

• 4 years later...

i’ve had a serious boyfriend for a couple years now and i don’t think i’ll ever tell him. i actually kinda enjoy the aspect of him not knowing what it does for me

I definitely feel the same way. Maybe one day if I find that person who I really think I could trust, but at this time I have no intentions of telling anyone lol.

• 7 months later...