Sneeze Fetish Forum

Wanting to write... need some inspiration

starpollen

Ok y’all.  I’ve got a long list of story ideas I’ve been jotting down but haven’t actually made it into story form.  Here’s what I’d like: check out the list, then reply with the opening line (or two) to one of the ideas.  I’ll see if I can run with it.  :)  

Starpollen’s Story Ideas:

-personal butler at high end hotel takes care of high roller with a bad cold 

-someone allergic to Chinese herbal medicine 

-mutated alien species male allergic to female pheromones, 18+

-recluse author with bad cold and grocery delivery boy

-Man trapped in a mirror by a spell, freed but sick from the cold glass

-Lottery winner requests special personal assistant with allergies

-“if you think for one second that you can escape your role simply because you don’t like the accidental geography of your skin color, you’ve got another think coming.”

-stuck in a cab allergic to cigarette smoke

-wild man / shifter / vampire is caged and sick 

-“You don’t want to know what human smells like when it burns.”

-prison guard listening to prisoner have allergy attack 

-stranger helps sick man in airport waiting lounge 

-“Breathing is boring.  Until, suddenly, you can’t do it. Then it becomes the most fascinating thing in the world.”

-Teacher allergic to chalk dust

Edited by starpollen
9 minutes ago, starpollen said:

recluse author with bad cold and grocery delivery boy

"James grumbled as he wiped his runny nose against his handkerchief. Typing with a cold never worked out but deadlines were deadlines. Where is that kid? James wearily gazed at the clock, Benny, was almost 20 minutes late."

~~~~

That one just spoke to me, I like authors with colds :wub: But I also like butlers as well :lol: Hope that helps. :)

10 minutes ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

"James grumbled as he wiped his runny nose against his handkerchief. Typing with a cold never worked out but deadlines were deadlines. Where is that kid? James wearily gazed at the clock, Benny, was almost 20 minutes late."

~~~~

That one just spoke to me, I like authors with colds :wub: But I also like butlers as well :lol: Hope that helps. :)

Omg that was my favorite one of the bunch so I'm glad you started it! I hope it goes somewhere. 

Oh. And teacher allergic to chalk dust... been writing a lot of that myself lately. :whistle: If I wasn't brain dead right now I'd get a couple sentences going for that one...

Edited by Anonymouse
2 hours ago, starpollen said:

wild man / shifter / vampire is caged and sick 

"Say one thing about Draven Phoenix say he never showed even a shadow of empathy for all the wild beasts people paid him good money to capture or kill. 

He was a top class hunter born and bred in the field. He'd been bitten, scratched, mutilated within an inch of his life, but his regenerative powers and otherworldly patience always got him his prey. He carried such a desperate rage towards all these creatures that killed his mother and brought madness and misery to innocent people. 

Draven never sparred them a flicker of sympathy. 

And yet... 

Something about the ripples of delicate shivers that flowed like ringlets over his newly caged shapeshifter had him oddly transfixed. He'd yet to discover the shifter's true form but by the way each wretched sneeze wrecked the frame of the monster, changing lines, curving angles, he'd say he was awfully close and somehow unable to look away"

:lol: sorry. Something about this just spoke to me and you got a little more than a line. Feel free to use or discard at will. 

So many of these ideas were amazing! 

I hope you find something that triggers you. 

Edited by Juto

@Juto I’m working with this one, see what I get.  Do you imagine the monster to have a gender?  Just curious - when I first thought of the prompt I imagined a male monster inside with a female captor, but since you’ve turned that on it’s head I’m having a rethink... ;)

Haha @starpollen sorry for making a mess of your idea. I'm just more comfortable writing male than female but it's entirely your decision. 

I don't think the hunter would give a toss about the gender, he'd never looked at them long enough to care. But with this one he's starting to wonder. 

I pictured something genderfluid. Very androgynous but it's entirely up to you.

A female captor and caged male shifter sounds wonderful too. Whatever you feel like writing.

Feel free to pm me if you want to throw ideas around. I'm good at promoting others but terrible at finishing my own stuff :lol:  

On 4/17/2018 at 12:32 AM, Juto said:

"Say one thing about Draven Phoenix say he never showed even a shadow of empathy for all the wild beasts people paid him good money to capture or kill. 

He was a top class hunter born and bred in the field. He'd been bitten, scratched, mutilated within an inch of his life, but his regenerative powers and otherworldly patience always got him his prey. He carried such a desperate rage towards all these creatures that killed his mother and brought madness and misery to innocent people. 

Draven never sparred them a flicker of sympathy. 

And yet... 

Something about the ripples of delicate shivers that flowed like ringlets over his newly caged shapeshifter had him oddly transfixed. He'd yet to discover the shifter's true form but by the way each wretched sneeze wrecked the frame of the monster, changing lines, curving angles, he'd say he was awfully close and somehow unable to look away"

:lol: sorry. Something about this just spoke to me and you got a little more than a line. Feel free to use or discard at will. 

So many of these ideas were amazing! 

I hope you find something that triggers you. 

Umm yes please. If the vampire has compulsion, what would the order be? He could be too weak at first to use it and then decide he doesn’t want to use it. Once he can use it though, what way would you take it?

@Anonymouse I like when characters know each other already so I go with your choice and imagine the boy being eager to please but also shy and offering to make soup out of the groceries OR maybe the boy is scared about losing his job for being late so he tries to do nice things to get grace. The author uses it to his advantage. 

Edited by Reaper
2 minutes ago, Reader said:

Umm yes please. If the vampire has compulsion, what would the order be? He could be too weak at first to use it and then decide he doesn’t want to use it. Once he can use it though, what way would you take it?

I said shifter, not vampire, but that's entirely for Starpollen to decide ;) 

Also, we were just meant to kick off a story, not plot or build character traits and arch :P so I honestly hadn't thought about it. I just preferred shifter over vampire. 

Maybe it would be fun to make these ideas “open for business” - anybody who sees an idea or some lines/beginning from someone else can take it and run with it?  Can we call this storypede (like a stampede, but with stories): “Starpollen’s Sandbox,” and you can reference it in your title when you post so we can all know it’s part of the game?  

What do you think?  

I imagine even if 2 or 3 of us start a story with the same lines, it will still be fascinating to see how it ends up...  :D

Who wants to play?

Edited by starpollen
On 17/4/2018 at 7:51 AM, starpollen said:

Maybe it would be fun to make these ideas “open for business” - anybody who sees an idea or some lines/beginning from someone else can take it and run with it?  Can we call this storypede (like a stampede, but with stories): “Starpollen’s Sandbox,” and you can reference it in your title when you post so we can all know it’s part of the game?  

What do you think?  

I imagine even if 2 or 3 of us start a story with the same lines, it will still be fascinating to see how it ends up...  :D

Who wants to play?

I'd honestly love to!!! 

But I'm struggling to find writing time as it is. I have a few projects on here I'm dying to finish. I'm afraid it would only be one more note on my laptop that I'd maybe get going on a rainy day and wound the finish for 3 years. I'm never able to keep things short :lol: 

I wouldn't mind being a shadow beta though. I think I could manage that. 

But OMG please do the sandbox!!! You never know what happens and one day maybe I'll find the time and something may just encourage me to write it ;)

Edited by Juto

It sounds great! People are always looking for ideas and other people always have ideas that they don’t want to write. 

6 hours ago, starpollen said:

Ok y’all.  I’ve got a long list of story ideas I’ve been jotting down but haven’t actually made it into story form.  Here’s what I’d like: check out the list, then reply with the opening line (or two) to one of the ideas.  I’ll see if I can run with it.  :)  (ps sorry for the font size - I’m posting from my phone and can’t figure out how to normalize it...)

Starpollen’s Story Ideas:

-mutated alien species male allergic to female pheromones, 18+

Oh, boy. What a wild prompt. i submit this for consideration:

He would have given her about anything in the known universe. As it happened, the moment that Riley finished off the last of his experimentors, the moment that she fiddled with the controls, he came spilling out. Scale, muscle, menace. 

"You killed them," he wheezed, as he tried to straighten.

Riley narrowed her eyes. "Someone had to."

Okay @Reader and @Garblin I've got yours in a Google Doc and will see if I can tease something out over the weekend.  :clapping2: I may have opened up Pandora's Box with this thread ... I suddenly have 6 stories to work on instead of just 1!...  :rollslow:(Not that I'm complaining...)

Edited by starpollen
3 minutes ago, Reader said:

@starpollen Awesome! I’m working on the vampire one now so don’t think you’re alone in this game! 

:clapping2:  Yaiss!!! 

Oooh, so fun! :D I wrote out sort of a background + short paragraph for allergic to Chinese herbal medicine that could be a short quick thing. This is sort of inspired by a topical pain reliever my bf used to have, though it isn’t exactly herbs but sort of like a liquified ben gay/tiger balm, with sort of a cologne-type consistency.

Person A isn’t particularly sensitive to scents but has a hard time finding topical creams that can work out their tired muscles (maybe they’re on their feet all day, slept on their neck wrong, or play an intense sport). Luckily for them, Person B (either a partner, friend, etc) got a hold of some Chinese topical pain relief medicine that may be the answer to their prayers. As  soon as B begins to rub the liquid into A’s shoulders, Person A erupts into a sneezing fit that leaves them sniffly and red eyed. This leads to Person A needing to take a desperate hot shower to not only wash off the topical treatment, but also try to find some relief from the hot water. Maybe it would make it extra interesting if B had the fetish and is dying internally to be so close to A during it? 

You’ve really strung your shoulder out, huh?” B asked, working their coated fingers deeper into A’s back. “Maybe you ought to let someone else take the tackle next time.”

A sniffled, beginning to rub at their eyes. They’d somehow began itching more and more since B had begun the message. “Dno one else was there to help. Besides, if I hadn’t dodne it, we would’ve lost.” Congestion had also begun to creep into their sinuses, but they didn’t dare move to get a tissue. Their poor shoulder was in desperate need of some relief.

“What was that Chidnese stuff agaid?”

• 4 weeks later...

HEY

STAR!

CAN I BE A BIT OF A RIDICULOUS TIT?

can i...maybe...show you my oc's and maybe you might have fun writing about them?

ahahahahahahahaha

im not a bad me i swear xD

*sweatdrops*

• 1 year later...

Bumping this because I want more opening prompts... 🤪. Or other ideas! 

Some background: I am a US citizen who lives and works in China.  I am currently exiled from returning to my town because of lockdowns.  I’m doing a little online teaching but otherwise need something to occupy my time until I can go home... 

Send ideas!... (and chocolate...) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 3:51 AM, starpollen said:

Bumping this because I want more opening prompts... 🤪. Or other ideas! 

Some background: I am a US citizen who lives and works in China.  I am currently exiled from returning to my town because of lockdowns.  I’m doing a little online teaching but otherwise need something to occupy my time until I can go home... 

Send ideas!... (and chocolate...) 

How are you doing with being locked down and in the country of origin and all that? In Hawaii, there has been only one confirmed non-citizen case (later his wife got it) and that freaked me out some so I can’t imagine being in your position even knowing that you’re probably far from the outbreak area. Stay resilient. You’ve got this! 

48 minutes ago, Reader said:

How are you doing with being locked down and in the country of origin and all that? In Hawaii, there has been only one confirmed non-citizen case (later his wife got it) and that freaked me out some so I can’t imagine being in your position even knowing that you’re probably far from the outbreak area. Stay resilient. You’ve got this! 

I managed to make it back home to my apartment.  Nobody is going out or working -  everyone is at home pretty much 24/7.  So, send prompts!!... So far I’m doing a lot of sleeping and binge-watching in between online teaching and I’m afraid of going stir-crazy after another week or so...