Sneeze Fetish Forum

Extremely fetishy situation on an exam

lovelysneeze

I was taking a psychology exam this afternoon and I literally almost dropped my pencil coming across this question. It was so fetishy I nearly laughed out loud in utter amazement. The situation was related to Pavlov’s classical conditioning and went as follows: 

“John is a practical joker. For his anniversary, he bought his wife a bouquet of roses. He sprinkled pepper on top of the roses and held them out in front of him to give to his wife. His wife smelled the roses to experience their fragrance and began to sneeze violently. Now, every time John’s wife sees roses, she sneezes.”

I was like...really?! 4 questions followed asking what the unconditioned stimulus, neutral stimulus, unconditioned response and conditionerd response were. Each question had ‘sneezing, the smell of pepper, John, and roses’ as the 4 multiple choice answers. The answer was that eventually John’s wife developed a conditioned response of sneezing to the (usually harmless, in her case) roses. Not only was it unrealistic (why would someone sneeze just by looking at roses/associating them with sneezing and not being allergic???) but it seemed kind of cruel lol! Maybe John had an underlying fetish here :razz:

Wow. I don't know how I would have felt about this question. Were you able fo focus again for the other questions ?

46 minutes ago, guynextdoor said:

Wow. I don't know how I would have felt about this question. Were you able fo focus again for the other questions ?

Haha actually, this was the last series of questions on the exam! So I didn’t need to focus on anything else afterwards. It definitely took me a WHILE to actually answer those particular questions though. I was so focused on it and kept re-reading it. Especially the part where they described the sneezing as ‘violent’. So detailed! I was asking myself why they’d put something like that on an exam, although for non fetishists I guess it doesn’t stand out as odd :razz:

At least ypu could be glad, that you are an expert, when it comes to sneezes :D

4 hours ago, Shining Light said:

Although conditioned response sneezing is totally a thing. 

Fortunately 

hmmm...do tell more :) I bet my husband would be interested to learn!

7 hours ago, elements said:

hmmm...do tell more :) I bet my husband would be interested to learn!

I know that I yawn every time I get a Snapchat from one particular friend in the evening… Every time I yawned he pointed it out, and now my mind associates yawning with him. However, I am way better at involuntarily yawning than I am at involuntarily sneezing :lol: 

One psych practice question I came across described a man sneezing because one particular pillow had feathers he was allergic to, and as a result, he sneezed whenever he saw a pillow. I guess find something you want to be the trigger and use that every time he sneezes? If he ever induces, present the trigger immediately before or while he induces the sneeze. 

I don't know if there's a specific process or series of steps you're supposed to use in classical conditioning, though. 

Well I know a person who sneezes when they think about cats because both they and their mum are very allergic. Cat doesn't have to be present. They just have that reaction wired in their brain.

It's the same as how you can give someone the fetish. If they associate their sneezing with being intimate with you, eventually it can become a turn on independently of you actually being there.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:52 AM, Ice said:

I know that I yawn every time I get a Snapchat from one particular friend in the evening… Every time I yawned he pointed it out, and now my mind associates yawning with him. However, I am way better at involuntarily yawning than I am at involuntarily sneezing :lol: 

One psych practice question I came across described a man sneezing because one particular pillow had feathers he was allergic to, and as a result, he sneezed whenever he saw a pillow. I guess find something you want to be the trigger and use that every time he sneezes? If he ever induces, present the trigger immediately before or while he induces the sneeze. 

I don't know if there's a specific process or series of steps you're supposed to use in classical conditioning, though. 

I guess I've notice that sometimes just talking about it makes his nose itch...no sneezes though! We'll keep on it! :)

On 5/2/2018 at 11:52 PM, Shining Light said:

Well I know a person who sneezes when they think about cats because both they and their mum are very allergic. Cat doesn't have to be present. They just have that reaction wired in their brain.

It's the same as how you can give someone the fetish. If they associate their sneezing with being intimate with you, eventually it can become a turn on independently of you actually being there.

What a fun friend to have!

Archived