Sneeze Fetish Forum

Joining a new fandom

castiel_angel

So I’m currently looking into expanding my binge watching here to join a new fandom!😂💗 Any recommendations on fandoms that are worth joining?

Well, Star Trek's always a good bet if you like sci-fi. You have six shows plus the reboot movies to get through, and each of them offers something different. The Original Series (TOS) is 60's camp mixed with serious sci-fi, The Next Generation is politics and character development mixed with space battles, Deep Space Nine eventually becomes a war story with amazing supporting characters, Voyager is kind of a survival show (I say kind of because I personally think the idea wasn't executed very well), Enterprise is a bit of an exploration of how we got to the point seen in TOS (meaning you probably shouldn't start with that one), and the reboot movies are mostly flashy action mixed with nostalgia. I can't speak for Discovery, since I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it brings something new to the table as well. That being said, the fandoms outside the forum might be a bit over-the-top.

I also wouldn't say no to more people in the Horatio Hornblower fandom, especially if you're into historical fiction. It's a miniseries consisting of eight episodes, and is full of attractive men in uniform. The fandom for that one is small but loyal, and generally doesn't have lots of nastiness.

Admittedly, this is mostly just recommending my favorites. Still, hope one of those catches your eye!

I agree. Star Trek is an excellent fandom if you’re into Si-Fi. I very much enjoy it, mostly the reboot ones, but any of them are good. If you’re into crime shows then NCIS or Criminal Minds are my fav right now. Both of those are on Netflix if you ever wanted to binge watch. I gues it would depend on what you were looking for and what you find enjoyable in a fandom. I’m sort of recommending my favorites as well, but it’s all trial and error as to which one is worth joining for you. I hope that that helped! :D

X Files! Definitely start with the old stuff. So much whump and Scully and Mulder are just plain awesome :D

9 hours ago, Wig_Powder said:

Well, Star Trek's always a good bet if you like sci-fi. You have six shows plus the reboot movies to get through, and each of them offers something different. The Original Series (TOS) is 60's camp mixed with serious sci-fi, The Next Generation is politics and character development mixed with space battles, Deep Space Nine eventually becomes a war story with amazing supporting characters, Voyager is kind of a survival show (I say kind of because I personally think the idea wasn't executed very well), Enterprise is a bit of an exploration of how we got to the point seen in TOS (meaning you probably shouldn't start with that one), and the reboot movies are mostly flashy action mixed with nostalgia. I can't speak for Discovery, since I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it brings something new to the table as well. That being said, the fandoms outside the forum might be a bit over-the-top.

I also wouldn't say no to more people in the Horatio Hornblower fandom, especially if you're into historical fiction. It's a miniseries consisting of eight episodes, and is full of attractive men in uniform. The fandom for that one is small but loyal, and generally doesn't have lots of nastiness.

Admittedly, this is mostly just recommending my favorites. Still, hope one of those catches your eye!

I have considered joining this fandom before, so I will definitely look into this one, thank you!

9 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

I agree. Star Trek is an excellent fandom if you’re into Si-Fi. I very much enjoy it, mostly the reboot ones, but any of them are good. If you’re into crime shows then NCIS or Criminal Minds are my fav right now. Both of those are on Netflix if you ever wanted to binge watch. I gues it would depend on what you were looking for and what you find enjoyable in a fandom. I’m sort of recommending my favorites as well, but it’s all trial and error as to which one is worth joining for you. I hope that that helped! :D

Very helpful, thank you

6 hours ago, MeForever said:

I'm echoing Star trek.

Based on what I’m seeing here it must be pretty good 😂💗

6 hours ago, prisma said:

Jem and the Holograms

Where could you find this show?

Giving it up for Star Trek as well and if you happen to want a more bite sized fandom I recommend one of my personal favs Almost Human.  It's a one season wonder with only 13 episodes (because FOX TV sucks) the proper order is here in the brackets https://geektyrant.com/news/fox-is-airing-episodes-of-almost-human-out-of-order, but still tons of fun with great characters and a futuristic world since it's set in 2048, and it stars Karl Urban who plays Doctor McCoy in the reboot Star Trek so we get to have fun with cross-over ideas too :).

18 hours ago, prisma said:

Its on netflix!!!

I’ll be sure to check it out, thank you!

On 7/11/2018 at 8:13 PM, Fuzzy&Warm said:

Giving it up for Star Trek as well and if you happen to want a more bite sized fandom I recommend one of my personal favs Almost Human.  It's a one season wonder with only 13 episodes (because FOX TV sucks) the proper order is here in the brackets https://geektyrant.com/news/fox-is-airing-episodes-of-almost-human-out-of-order, but still tons of fun with great characters and a futuristic world since it's set in 2048, and it stars Karl Urban who plays Doctor McCoy in the reboot Star Trek so we get to have fun with cross-over ideas too :).

I’ve heard some good things about that show, so I’ll definately check it out!

Karl Urban is soooooo good as Bones :heart:

Another great show (and I'm trying to get more people to watch it) is Instinct with Alan Cumming. He plays a gay man in a great relationship with his husband, so there's that! Only 1 season so far but the cast is great. Dylan (his character) and Lizzie his boss/partner cop and his banter is wonderful. Dylan and Andy are my sig pic :D

Oh my gosh! Almost Human. I totally forgot about that show. I was obsessed with it when it first came out and I was soooo hoping for another season! That was an amazing show, especially if you love Karl Urban. Maybe now I’ll rewatch it since it was that good! 

On 7/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Karl Urban is soooooo good as Bones :heart:

Another great show (and I'm trying to get more people to watch it) is Instinct with Alan Cumming. He plays a gay man in a great relationship with his husband, so there's that! Only 1 season so far but the cast is great. Dylan (his character) and Lizzie his boss/partner cop and his banter is wonderful. Dylan and Andy are my sig pic :D

Thank you for all the great ideas!! I’ll definately look into all of those

On 7/13/2018 at 9:47 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

Oh my gosh! Almost Human. I totally forgot about that show. I was obsessed with it when it first came out and I was soooo hoping for another season! That was an amazing show, especially if you love Karl Urban. Maybe now I’ll rewatch it since it was that good! 

I think I’ll check it out!

Archived