• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Privatedancer

• marina<3

• LimeyBlimey

• M214186

• 4 months later...

Just re -read this - so grateful for the thread bump!!! Even better than I remembered. I’m completely in love with Dylan.

• 1 year later...

Hi, everyone! It’s been FOREVER since I posted an update to this story. I am so sorry about that. I have a new chapter (and a few more parts in my head) if anyone is still interested in this! :) 

I didn’t even care what I was wearing. I threw the covers off of me and dashed downstairs as quickly as possible. It was only after about 3 minutes of hectically searching for my car keys that I remembered Dylan had taken my car. Terror set in when I realized I didn’t have his car either. I pressed the first two fingers on each of my hands into my temples. 

Mumbling a creative string of obscenities under my breath, I tried to remain calm and think about what I could do. 

“Uber!” I finally exclaimed to no one but myself in the empty house. I opened the app on my phone, holding my breath. There had to be a car near me. There just had to be. When the screen loaded I let out a sign of relief. A car was just a few miles away from me. Bless this person. I initiated a ride and stood outside, shifting my weight from foot to foot nervously. Absently, I began to bite my nails, a bad habit I had managed to kick except for times when I was super anxious. 

I knew I should have driven him....but I let him go so easily. He was sick and distracted and now it was my fault that he was in an accident. My breath began to shake as I felt the tears coming on. At that moment, the headlights of the Uber car blinded me as it pulled into the drive. I took a large, shaky breath to keep the tears at bay. There was an ache in my throat from holding them back, but I ignored it. I leapt in and let him know that my boyfriend was in the hospital. 

“Oh goodness. I am so sorry. Well I will get you there as quick as I can.” He said, eyebrows furrowing in concern. 

We sat in semi-awkward silence for a few minutes until I couldn’t hold it all in anymore. My fight or flight adrenaline had been pumping, but now that I had a moment to think the emotions were washing over me like a tidal wave. I gasped and then let the tears fall until I was sobbing in the back of some random guy’s Uber car. 

“Hey, hey. Everything will be okay. Just take a deep breath.” I heard him try to console me. “Here, take these.” 

I glanced up and noticed he was handing me a small package of travel tissues. 

“Thank you.” I sniffled, my voice small and weak. My eyes met his in the rear view mirror and I saw them crinkle at the sides as warm comforting light filled them. I gave him a tight smile back. 

A pulled a few tissues out and dabbed at my nose and eyes with the tissues. Crying always made my nose tickle and I was trying to fight off a sneeze by holding the tissue underneath my nose. Finally, I succumbed to the urge and wrapped the tissue around my nose. 

“Hichhhuuu, hahichhuuu” I sneezed into the tissue, thankful that it was there. 

“Bless you.” He said, kindly. I noticed his deep green eyes flick upward to glance at me from the rearview mirror.

“Thank you.” I mumbled, awkwardly holding the tissue around my congested nose. Screw it- I decided. I would just go ahead and blow my nose. I would never see this guy again anyway. 

To make myself feel less awkward, I pulled my phone out of my purse and began to absent-mindedly scroll through my social media accounts. Suddenly, my nose tickled again, and I dropped my phone on the seat beside me so I could cover my still somewhat stuffy nose with a tissue.  

“Bless you, again!” He emphasized the word again. “Hopefully you’re not coming down with something. I know the flu is already going around.” 

“Thank you. I’m okay it’s just a weird thing that happens to me when I cry.” I explained, trying to wipe my nose in the daintiest way possible.

Just then, he pulled into the hospital parking lot. 

“Well, I hope everything is okay...” he said, turning around and giving me another comforting smile. His voice trailed off. It was obvious he wasn’t sure what else to say to the girl he had met five minutes ago who had cried and sneezed all over the back seat of his car. 

“Thank you. I appreciate it.” I tried to return the warmth of his smile, but I was too preoccupied and embarrassed. I handed him back the travel tissue pack that still had a few remaining. “And thank you again for these.” 

“Keep them.” He insisted, gently pushing them back into my hands. 

I smiled and gave him a gracious nod before I leapt out of the car and began sprinting to the hospital door. Once inside I found the front desk. A young girl who couldn’t have been older than high school age sat there with a genuinely bored expression on her face, scrolling through her phone. 

“Hi, um, my boyfriend is here. Can you tell me what room he’s in or where I can find him, or what’s going on?” I asked, frantically. 

She tore her eyes away from her phone and clicked on the computer. “What’s his name?” 

“Dylan. Dylan Parker.” 

She clicked a few more times before finally glancing up to meet my eyes. “He just got admitted to room 203.” 

I released a deep breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. That meant he was at least okay. He was in a room, he wasn’t in the ICU, that was good news. 

“Can you tell me anything about what happened??” 

“No. They don’t give me any of that information. All I can see is the room number.” 

“Okay, thank you.” I answered before rushing to the quickest elevator. I punched the 2 and then repeatedly pressed the close door button until the doors finally decided to creak shut. Why did that button even exist when the doors never immediately closed when it was pressed!? 

Anxiously, I tapped my foot as the elevator crept up to the second floor. I barely let the doors open before I burst through them. I saw the nurses station located only a few feet away from the elevator. 

“Hi. My boyfriend, Dylan Parker, was in an accident. I was told he’s in room 203. Am I allowed to visit him? Can you tell me what happened?” I didn’t mean for my voice to come out so high-pitched and desperate, but it did. 

The nurse looked back at me with sympathetic eyes, their warm, brown color instantly calming me. 

“Hi, honey.” She answered in a slightly southern accent. “My name is Debbie and I’m actually Dylan’s nurse. I don’t think he has woken up quite yet, but let’s go and check.” The nurse, who appeared to be in her 50s, walked around the desk and gave me a comforting squeeze on the arm before leading me towards room 203. 

When she opened the door, I saw Dylan’s tall frame covered by the white sheets of the hospital bed. It was a sight I had never imagined I would see, and one I never wanted to see again. As I walked closer to the bed, I noticed there were multiple scratches on his face, his lip was busted open, and his arm was in a sling. 

A single tear slipped down my cheek as I analyzed his face. 

“What happened?” I asked the nurse. 

“All I know so far is that he was in a car accident. I don’t know the details of the crash yet, but the police are supposed to stop by when he wakes up. He is doing okay though. His shoulder was dislocated and as you can see his face suffered some minor wounds. He was very lucky. He does have a fever, which we have been monitoring. Based on his symptoms when he wakes up, we are going to run a few tests.” 

“He was diagnosed with the flu yesterday.” I answered, softly. 

“Well, that explains everything.” The nurse, replied. She flipped open his chart and began writing some notes. “I will give you some time alone. We will be back to check on him soon, but if he wakes up before then, let us know.” She touched my arm softly and smiled before closing the door behind her. 

The moment she left, I let all of the worry and fear run down my face in the form of tears. Sobs wracked my body and I kneeled next to the bed. I grabbed Dylan’s hand, letting our fingers intertwine and I pressed his warm hand against my cheek. How long I stayed like this, I was unsure. Finally, I collected myself, wiped the tears from my cheeks, and stood up. 

“Crap.” I mumbled quietly to myself. I needed to tell his mom what was happening. As I dug around in my purse for my phone, my stomach dropped. My phone was still in the backseat of the Uber, and I had no way to reach the driver. When I felt myself getting annoyed, I just reminded myself that the only thing that mattered was that Dylan was alive and okay- the rest I could deal with. 

I gave a longing look at Dylan’s sleeping frame before I went out the nurses station to see if there was a phone I could borrow. 

“Hi, again.” I said to Debbie. “I’m really sorry I keep bothering you. I just realized I left my phone in the Uber I took to get here and now I have nothing to call Dylan’s mom with to let him know he’s okay and-“ 

“Stop right there.” Debbie said in a sweet, but authoritative voice. “Take my phone and make all the calls you need to, dear.”

“Thank you so much.” I smiled, taking the phone from her hand. I walked a couple paces away from the desk and dialed Dylan’s mom’s number. Thank god my grandpa had instilled the value of memorizing the phone numbers of a couple important people since I was a child.

“Hello?” I could hear the worry in her voice just from that single word. 

“Hi, its me. Samantha. I lost my phone and it’s a long story, but Dylan is okay-“ Before I could finish, I heard her release a huge sigh of relief. 

“Oh, thank goodness!” She exclaimed before she began to sob. 

I couldn’t imagine how she had been feeling. After losing Dylan’s father, this had to be her worst nightmare. Although she had remarried after some time, I could only imagine her fear of experiencing this again. 

“It’s okay he is really okay.” I continued on and let her know what the nurse had told me. “Honestly, the flu is probably worse than the injuries he got from the crash.” 

“The flu?!” She exclaimed.

“He didn’t tell you, did he?” I rolled my eyes. Of course Dylan didn’t tell his mom he had the flu. 

“I KNEW he was getting sick when he came to visit. How did you even get him to go to the doctor?” 

“I didn’t really give him an option.” I laughed. “I will tell you all about it when you get here. I don’t want to use up all of the battery on the nurse’s phone. How far away are you?” 

“Oh, right! I completely forgot! I should be there in about 30 minutes. See you soon. Love you!! Give him a hug for me!” 

“Love you, too! I will. See you soon!” I replied before hanging up. I returned the phone to Debbie and thanked her profusely. 

Quickly, I headed back into Dylan’s room to find him still sleeping. His breaths were deep and congested sounds coming out of his slightly parted lips. His nose must have been too stuffed up to breathe through. Soft snores escaped through his lips, too. I pulled a chair up next to his bed and rested my head against his good arm. I was torn between wanting him to get rest and just wanting to talk to him. Closing my eyes, I simply listened to the sound of his breathing and the beeping of all of the machines. 

It wasn’t long before I felt Dylan’s arm begin to twitch. My eyes popped open, and I looked up at him expectantly. His dark, thick eyelashes fluttered before they opened, revealing the deep blue of his eyes. 

“Hi, baby.” I said softly, rubbing calming circles on his arm. “I’m here. Everything’s okay.” 

His eyes darted around frantically, trying to make sense of the foreign surroundings until they locked with mine. 

“Where are we?” He croaked in a hoarse voice, before turning his head away from me to cough. 

“We’re at the hospital. You were in a car accident on the way to the office.” I explained. 

He nodded, but his eyes had a glassy look over them. 

“HUHISHHHH. AHHISHHHH” He sneezed, wetly to the side. I felt his body tense up with each sneeze. He barely turned his head away from me, but I didn’t care. I didn’t move. 

“Bless you, babe.” I said, softly. “How do you feel?” 

He sniffled and rubbed his finger under his nose. “Awful.” 

I wrapped my arms around him and enveloped him in a huge hug. “I’m just glad you’re alive. You scared me!!” I exclaimed, tears beginning to fall from my eyes once again. 

“Oof! Easy, Sam.” He groaned. I realized I probably squeezed his dislocated shoulder. 

“ I’m so sorry.” I apologized, letting go of him. 

“It’s okay, come here.” He said, opening up his good arm for a hug. He nestled his head into my shoulder and I kissed his temple. 

“Huhhhnnnxxtttt huh ISHHHH” Suddenly, he tried to stifle a sneeze into my neck, but lost control by the second one. The sneeze completely sprayed my neck. 

“Bless you,” I giggled as he pulled away. 

“Ugh. That was so gross. I’m sorry…” 

“God, I don’t care. I’m just glad you’re okay.” I laughed, pulling him in tighter. 

A moment later the door burst open and Dylan’s mom blustered in. Tears stained her face, her hair was sticking out in all angles, and she looked completely disheveled. She gasped when she saw him lying there in the hospital bed. It was a shocking sight. 

“Oh,” the soft sound escaped her lips through her fingers. For a moment, she was frozen in place. I got up from my seat and touched her arm gently. 

“He’s okay.” I reassured her. 

As soon as the words left my lips, she fell into me as sobs wracked her body. I rubbed her back, and led her towards the chair I had set up next to Dylan’s bed. 

“Mom, I’m totally fine. Come here.” Dylan encouraged her in his hoarse voice. 

She wrapped her arms around him, and he wrapped his good arm around her as she cried. They stayed like that for while until his mom’s tears had finally subsided. When she finally pulled back away from him, she smacked his arm. 

“Why were you driving with the flu, Dylan Parker!?” 

He chuckled a few times, before it turned into a deep cough. This made his mother’s face soften. 

We all sat around talking for while until the police came to finish their accident report. Dylan couldn’t remember anything about the accident. Apparently, a car t-boned him after running a red light. 

“We were worried you wouldn’t even be able to speak with us today.” One of the police officers noted. “Your car is pretty badly damaged.” 

After the officers left, Dylan glanced over at me with a guilty face. “I’m so sorry about your car, Samantha.” 

“Fuck the car.” I said, quietly. “I don’t care about that.” 

There will be more to come if you all are interested! 

Yes please!! Contagion with Samantha getting sick again. She got better too quickly. I much prefer the guy taking care of the sick girl

• 2 weeks later...

So glad Dylan is ok and there is more story coming.  I love these characters !

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i love love love this story and the original one w/ sam & dylan :heart: i check back on this post w/ my fingers crossed wayyy more often than i’d like to admit. whether you ever decide to continue this or not, thank you for writing it!

• 2 weeks later...