Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Secret Santa 2018

Enkidom

Puddin'pop has asked me to post this here for added visibility. A huge thank you to both @Jejune, who has run this in the past, and @PuddinPop, who has taken up the baton.

That's right, folks! Halloween is over, which means it is time to organise this year's Secret Santa, which will be hosted by none other than yours truly! 

I would just like to paraphrase by saying that the wonderful @Jejune has hosted the forum's Secret Santa for the past 4 years (discounting last year where they did most of the work and then handed off to me to finish the easy stuff due to personal reasons). I cannot take all of the credit for this, because most of the below post is just copy-pasted from Jejune's post from previous years. They did a fantastic job at running the Secret Santa for the forum for so long, and I feel like I have some VERY big shoes to fill, but hopefully I will do at least as good of a job as Jejune has done in previous years. Their work has not gone unappreciated, and I do hope that they enjoy their retirement this year >w<

THIS SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST IN FULL BEFORE PARTICIPATING. 

POSTING THIS HERE SO THAT PEOPLE READ IT FIRST: 

For members who are still Pending, I know you don't have access to the PM function yet, and Pending members don't have the ability to edit their own profiles, but you can absolutely still participate if you would like to. If your email address is already listed in your profile, post in-thread stating you wish to participate and I will contact you through your email. If your email address is not listed on your profile, or if the email address in your profile is no longer active, please email the staff's email account at the following address: staff at sneezefetishforum dot org. (I'd just type it all out but they'll receive a bunch of spam mail if I do that.) Ask them to edit your email into your profile then post in-thread that that's been done and I'll contact you that way. Please don't post your email in the thread itself, as that's against forum rules.

I would also suggest that if you are taking part, I would recommend following this thread, just so then you're notified of any updates/news as I will be posting in here quite frequently, and it will be a good way to keep on top of it >w<

NOW~ Onto the fun stuff!

The idea of Secret Santa is for everyone interested to fill out the form below, I'll match you up with your partner, you write or draw them something within their tastes, and then post it in the appropriate subforum before the deadline. Obviously you will also be receiving your own gift. You do not receive from the same person you send to; Person A sends to Person B who sends to Person C who sends to Person D who sends to Person A. This is the idea. Sometimes things don't quite work out as planned, so if two people are super into quite an obscure fandom or have very particular tastes, there is a chance they may be writing/drawing for each other, but I will avoid doing this as best I can~

I did organise all the match-ups last year, but I haven't done any match-ups prior to that (and I will honestly not remember who was matched with who last year anyway xD). This means that when I match you up, I won't know if the person I'm assigning you to is someone that you have been matched with before. I hope to give everyone someone new, but there may be an oversight on this, purely because my memory is terrible. 

THEREFORE:

I am making a very slight allowance for this. All of the dates are below, but I will just say that if anyone has any REASONABLE* request to change the person they are producing content for, you will have until THE END OF DECEMBER 3RD to send these to me. 

* I mean reasonable requests such as 'I have written for this person before' or 'The content they have asked for makes me very uncomfortable'. I will not consider requests to change a recipient for an innocuous reason, purely because it takes A LOT of work to do the match-ups in the first place, and I don't want to be rearranging everyone's partners just because they fancy it. 

ANYWAY, this year's dates are as follows:

Sunday, December 2nd 2018: Sign-up deadline. I am in UK time, and I appreciate that not everyone is in the same timezone, but I feel that by 9AM Monday 3rd December for me gives everyone until the end of December 2nd to get their forms sent into me. It's usually the end of November, but as I have posted this a couple of days after November 1st, I am making allowances for this. 

The Weekend of December 1st, 2018: When you will receive your matches. This could be either the 1st or 2nd December, so don't panic if you haven't received it by then. If you wake up on Monday December 3rd and you haven't received your recipient, please contact me as soon as possible. 

Monday, December 3rd 2018: The deadline to making any changes to your recipient. As stated above, I will only consider reasonable requests, and any requests made after this date won't be considered. 

Saturday, January 5th 2019: The deadline for posting your gift. 

Before I lay out the form I'll need you to submit to me so I can match you, I want to get the rules and guidelines out of the way first, just so everyone knows exactly what they're getting into by signing up. There are a lot of guidelines, but I'm sure you guys understand that it's just because I want to be thorough and make sure everybody has the best possible time giving and receiving their gifts. I'm sure everybody will put in a lot of effort to make sure that their recipient will be satisfied with their gift – the forum's creators consistently turn out excellent stories and art and I'm positive the Secret Santa will be no exception.

• First, for written gifts, as with previous years, a rough 1000 total word count is a good guideline to ensure that everybody receives a substantial gift. If you prefer writing drabbles, that's totally fine (unless your receiver doesn't want them!) - just try to make sure that your drabbles total around 1000 words. It's also absolutely okay if you go above and beyond this limit and decide to write a novel, as long as you feel like you can get at least the first part in within the deadline. If you can't manage to write 1000 words, you'll be marked down as a flaker. This is a rule that applies to EVERYBODY with no exceptions. If you are unsure of your ability to write at least 1000 words, please do not join the event, as it is unfsir to those adhering to the rules and putting in substantial effort. For art, I don't think there's an easy way to make sure things are equal, so I will leave it in the very capable hands of our artists.
  • No 18+ content – it adds a layer of difficulty into the organization process and I'm just not sure I could accommodate everybody's preferences this way, so it's easier if we just leave it to stuff everybody can enjoy. I am aware we have an Adult Board, but for the purposes of Secret Santa, please refrain from requesting or producing 18+ content. If you are unsure what constitutes as 18+ content, then reach out to me and ask the question. 
  • Remember that the rules of the forum have changed this year, which means that no content involving characters under the age of 18 may be posted on the main boards. Therefore, it is imperative that you do not request or produce any content which includes any character under the age of 18. If you have any questions about whether something is okay to post, please send it to me first and I will review it. I would feel terrible if someone produced something with good intentions and then got into trouble by the staff because of something someone else requested, so PLEASE do not request any content involving characters (original or fandom) under the age of 18. 
  • If you request any type of RPF (fiction about real people as opposed to characters) then PLEASE make sure you have other content that you would be willing to receive. RPF is a very niche platform for writing and drawing, so I would like to ask that if you do request any form of RPF, please don't make this the only content you ask for, otherwise I'm concerned you may be disappointed, as there are so few people ready, willing and able to write RPF. 
  • Please make sure you respect your recipient's preferences. They're listed both to make sure it's easier for you to write and more likely that it will be something your recipient really enjoys! If you want an elaboration on their preferences, or would even like to ask them if you writing about something is okay with them, then message me and I will ask your recipient the question. Don't just assume it will be okay if it isn't explicitly listed.
  • Please try to be open and willing to receive original work. Hopefully, if a lot of people join this year, there is a higher chance that someone else will know your fandom, but if few people join, be aware that there may not be that many people to create for your fandom. Keep an open mind! And try to be as varied as you can with your information. 
  • Please try very hard to post your gift within the deadline date. I understand completely that things pop up, especially around the holiday season, but if you are going to be late or need to drop out, please let me know as soon as you possibly can so that I can let your recipient know and try to make other arrangements for their gift.

This year's Secret Santa is open to everyone. I know some people were disqualified in previous years, either for flaking or for other reasons. I don't have any of this information, so I am going to make this year's event open to everyone. HOWEVER: If you do flake this year (and to be clear on the definition of flake, this means just not posting a gift without telling me; if you message me and say you will be late or need to drop out, this won't be classed as flaking. It's only if you don't post your gift by the deadline date and haven't told me beforehand) then you will absolutely 100% be disqualified from joining Secret Santa next year. 

The above rules do state that only 18+ characters can be posted, and I am aware we have some minors on the forum, but this rule does also apply to them. If you are under the age of 18, please can you only request material of any character over the age of 18. This is just to make it fair and consistent for everyone, and it also means that all the gifts will be posted on the main forum. I don't have access to the Youth Board, so would prefer no content be posted there. On the back of this too, all minors will be allocated to each other; I will not have adults writing for minors and vice versa. This means that things may be a little trickier when it comes to matching minors together, as there will likely be less of you, but know that I will try my best to accommodate everyone~ 

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions about anything, please PM me or post in-thread. If you have a question about your receipient specifically, then please send me a private message so that you aren't 'outing' yourself to your recipient. I am happy to play mediator between the two parties, so can ask your recipient any questions you may have and then get back to you 

Now, onto the somewhat more fun part of all of this: Filling out the form you need to PM me in order to participate!

Even if you filled this exact form out the previous years, I have to ask that you fill it out again, just in case things like fandoms have changed, etc.! Also, try to fill it out fresh this year instead of just sending the exact same thing you sent in previous years 

Giving

• Preferred medium to gift. This is either artwork or writing. Typically the Secret Santa involves mainly writing, but you can request art if you would like to draw something for someone. I can't guarantee that you will receive what you request because it's partially dependent upon who signs up, but I will try my best to honor your preference here.
  • Tell me what you prefer to write/draw: original or fanfiction/fanart. If you like doing fanfiction/fanart, please list the fandoms you'd be most comfortable creating for. Try to be as inclusive as possible, just so we can cater to as many people as possible. Also, please include ALL characters you are comfortable writing/drawing. Please also specify whether or not you're willing to write/draw original and whether you're willing to write/draw fanfiction/fanart.
  • This is partially covered under the above bullet point, but also specify what gender(s) you would prefer to write stories/art of.
  • If there is anything you absolutely cannot stand to draw/write, tell me here. I would hate to match people if someone's likes make someone else uncomfortable so again, be as inclusive as possible – anything that makes you uncomfortable, be it specifically fetish-related or not (so things like mess, or certain fandoms or ships – just anything you don't feel comfortable with writing, for any reason).

Receiving

• Preferred medium to receive, either artwork or writing. Again, there's no guarantee your preference will be fulfilled here but of course I will do my best.
  • Tell me if you prefer original or fandom, and what fandoms you would be happy to receive if you're into fandom at all. Tell me what characters (or kinds of characters/tropes for characters) you would like to see, too. If you have some kind of genre preference, feel free to state that as well (something romance-oriented, action, modern fantasy, whatever.) Try to be as detailed as possible, especially for original; settings, scenarios, etc. 
  • Let me know what gender(s) you would like to receive stories/art of.
  • List your likes, fetish-wise. Be as detailed as you can with this so that your giver understands exactly what you'd like! Anything you particularly like is totally fine to list with the exception of 18+ content. (And don't be embarrassed or anything - the only people who will see this are me and your giver.)
  • Conversely, detail your dislikes. Again, be specific. Anything that squicks you out or makes you uncomfortable that has the possibility of being involved in a story/drawing here should be listed.

Just a couple of other things to address: 
1. When you PM/email me your info, please post in-thread that you have done so. This is to make sure that I can check that I have received the messages that everyone has sent me. I'd feel awful if someone messaged me and I didn't get it and they got left out. This also has the benefit of keeping this thread active and bumped up so as many people as possible see it so they can participate!
2. When you put your gift up, again, post it in this thread that you've done so. It just makes it a little bit easier for me to keep track on who's posted what for who so far. It'll be difficult for me to be checking every thread posted, so this makes it much easier for me to keep a tally of who has posted their gift~ 
3. When you post your gift, tag the person you wrote for in your post! All you have to do is type an @ followed by their username with no spaces. That way people don't have to keep their eyes peeled so much. Make sure you make the title of your thread something along the lines of “Title (Secret Santa for [username])”.

I am pretty sure that covers more or less everything, but please, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask in-thread or via PM! I will probably bump this thread a time or two after the initial posting just to make sure as many people as possible see it and can join if they're interested. Thanks for reading and participating!