Sneeze Fetish Forum

Awesome TV Shows For Binging?

Chanel_no5

@Eights of Spades I nearly went cross-eyed when I started to read your post because I haven’t seen season 2 yet and thought you were going to spoil something for me.

First season was so freakin good! And I was  super excited when I heard that the main character was black for the second season. 

Then I heard it was Anthony and thought his previous roles were more comedic and light-hearted so I wasn’t sure if he would be able to get into a serious role. (Please don’t tell me your thoughts on this.)

But then I saw the trailer and was so impressed by his acting in just that small clip and so I was back to being excited!

I haven’t watched it yet because the anticipation is still pretty good right now and I just feel like I’ll be in withdrawal afterwards. 

My brother watched it and was craving more afterwards so he watched Altered Carbon the anime and was really disappointed. 

So anyways, I’m going to drag out watching season 2. I might even go back and watch season 1 again. 

~~~

I’m currently watching Ozark. I made the mistake of watching it with someone else so I’m currently waiting to get to the sixth episode of the first season. It’s really good so far. And I love Marty’s personality. I notice the actor tends to play the same character type in his shows, but it’s such a great one that I’m not bothered. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Reader

• Esstrosa

• SleepingPhlox

@Reader oh boy, my bad if i gave you that impression haha!  I try not to do that as I love good stories, and do not like it spoiled either (although i definitely love to try and guess the outcome during).  

My honestly favorite character of that series is Poe.  He has a good arc overall and, frankly, some of the best lines.  I burned through both seasons, so you are wise to hold off a bit and savor the anticipation haha.  Are you big into Sci-Fi in general or just this show?

Sad to hear about the Anime.  I was skeptical of it in truth so I likely won’t watch, but there seems to be a lot of “world” left to explore in other media if they keep it going.

Ozarks I held off initially, and then watched 2 episodes and was ALL about it.  I think Jason Bateman (actor for Marty) wrote some or all of the show?  I may have been on a drug lord show kick because I was watching Narcos and Ozarks at the same time.  I kept confusing who all the bosses were 🤣

@Eights of Spades hahaha no worries! I just found my reaction to it funny so I wanted to share.  

I like guessing the outcome too although it’s amazing if I’m taken by surprise. Did you cry/feel the urge to cry at all during AC season 1? My sister and I cried, but it was for two different reasons and we were dry-eyed for the other’s reason. So I’m curious if anything pulled your heartstrings. You can put your answer in a spoiler box.

Poe was so great and I loved his journey to be an umanhay.

10 hours ago, Eights of Spades said:

Are you big into Sci-Fi in general or just this show?

Just this show I think. I’m more into fantasy and things being explained by magic rather than techy jargon and complicated futuristic science. So when I do watch sci-fi, I watch it for the storyline and kind of gloss over the details. But if you have recommendations, I’m all ears. 

Ozarks I held off initially, and then watched 2 episodes and was ALL about it.  

Did you finish all of it?

How many episodes did it take you to realize the big O at the beginning of each episode spells out Ozark in drawings? 😛 

I kept confusing who all the bosses were

Hahahahahahaha I wouldn’t be surprised if there was crossover. 

@Reader

16 hours ago, Reader said:

I like guessing the outcome too although it’s amazing if I’m taken by surprise. Did you cry/feel the urge to cry at all during AC season 1? My sister and I cried, but it was for two different reasons and we were dry-eyed for the other’s reason. So I’m curious if anything pulled your heartstrings. You can put your answer in a spoiler box.

SPOILER ALERT!!!  (Does that count? Lol) Hmmm...good question...i would have to pick the scene where Kovacs is holding his sister as the building falls in the last episode.  I really loved their whole arc and it was just a sad moment that it had to come to that.  I was misty haha :D

17 hours ago, Reader said:

But if you have recommendations, I’m all ears. 

I think if you like Altered Carbon, you will like the Expanse.  A bit philosophical with politics and class/demographics thrown in.  It feels a bit like if AC and GoT had a baby. haha.

https://youtu.be/8X5gXIQmY-E

See what ya think!

17 hours ago, Reader said:

Did you finish all of it?

How many episodes did it take you to realize the big O at the beginning of each episode spells out Ozark in drawings? 😛 

I finished all of it...aaaaaand...don’t judge me....it took me WAAAAAY to long to figure that out.  Like the 2nd to last episode of the 3rd season too long....😬....my friends tell me I’m very good at focusing on one thing to the detriment of everything else...this was when i started believing them hahahaha.  How many for you? (Please help me redeem myself somewhat haha).

@Eights of Spades

9 hours ago, Eights of Spades said:

(Does that count? Lol)

Hahh! Yeah, about as well as my pig latin 😂

I was misty haha

Hahahahahahahaha! And yeah, you picked the right scene. Good memory by the way. My first season memories are very vague.

Spoiler

My sister cried with Poe's death. I mean, that was sad and I really loved his parting lines and the fact he was !!!Edgar Allen Poe!!! but no, my tears were for Kovacs when he decided to sacrifice himself with his sister. That whole scene from the decision to the detective begging him to change his mind was where I lost it. It was so heart-wrenching! I mean, start to finish, it was such a believable and interesting storyline. The sister was messed up, but she had been through so much. I don't know who was my favorite character between Kovacs' gf and the sister. They were both great.

See what ya think!

It looks really interesting! I only watched half the trailer because I don't like when things are given away, as you already know, but I like the premise. It reminds me of a season I watched on the tv show Agents of Shield. But yeah, I'll check it out and use it as a backup show when Ozark becomes too intense for me. "They put up the cross!" lol  Thanks for the rec!

don’t judge me....it took me WAAAAAY to long to figure that out.  Like the 2nd to last episode of the 3rd season too long....😬....my friends tell me I’m very good at focusing on one thing to the detriment of everything else...this was when i started believing them hahahaha.  How many for you? (Please help me redeem myself somewhat haha).

Hahahahhahaha wow! That must have been some razor focus. Okay, I'm done judging now!

It took me until the second episode of the first season and I confirmed in the third episode that the drawings were different each time. 😬

@Reader i just realized how to do the whole spoiler box thing 🤣...that’s useful haha.  Between that and the Ozark’s spelling I’m batting 1000 over here.

Spoiler

It was definitely between Poe and the sister’s death...although Ortega’s partners death in the elevator was very sad, but it was over before i knew what had happened.  Poe’s just felt more philosophical, not emotional.  I was more a fan of the sister’s arc, like you, and kinda hoped she would survive so we could see her fight Quell.  Did you and your sister watch the show together?

Glad you think you’ll like it!  Don’t worry, the trailer for the Expanse is pretty benign in terms of spoilers.  It gives almost zero detail into the overall plot and how the characters interact in case you want to watch it the full way through.  I watched Shield for awhile, being a Marvel fan, but i gave up after a few seasons.  Not sure why, but it just got a bit stale for me.

If you haven’t been scared away by Ozarks intensity yet, i think you’re okay haha.  I’ve been wrong before though....😬 I like dark and intense shows...so perhaps don’t take my word for it?

11 hours ago, Reader said:

That must have been some razor focus. Okay, I'm done judging now!

It took me until the second episode of the first season and I confirmed in the third episode that the drawings were different each time. 😬

Haha I deserve that.  My focus was...elsewhere haha.  In my defense, I actually was trying to figure out what the little symbol letters meant.  Like they would be important scenes in the episode.  Clearly...i was misguided 😂.  You catch on much quicker than me.

@Eights of Spades yeah the spoiler box is great, but it doesn't work on cell phones which I'm sure most people use on here. Your method worked too though. When I saw SPOILER ALERT, part of me was even warned away lol

But instead of putting spoiler boxes, you can just pm me if you want to talk tv shows or even the fetish. It looks like we have similar  preferences.  

8 hours ago, Eights of Spades said:

Between that and the Ozark’s spelling I’m batting 1000 over here.

Hahahahhaha you can raise the score with humor, great memory, and the ability to hold a conversation. So you're batting 1003 😉

Spoiler

That would have been awesome if the sister and Quell fought. This makes me want to watch season 2, but l’ll wait!

I think I watched it and then discovered my sister had watched it too so we talked about it. 

Spoiler

I decided to check out an episode of Expanse tonight and oh my goodness, it’s so good but so saddddd! My heart! The crooked cop is a good character because he has morals and I can see how the acting XO’s character is being developed. Also, I really like how the classes are divided. Everyone is human, but the difference is between Earth, the people who grew up in space without proper nutrition and a good environment so now they have body deformities that tell them apart, and then Mars who I haven't seen much about. But yeah, I love how the writers thought about how humans would actually be effected in space with a government that doesn't take care of them properly.

Edit: I went further and it’s so intense and fast-paced. Chrisjen is a favorite now. Really good stuff so far. I didn’t know syfy did dark shows like this. I totally see where GoT comes in (although I haven’t seen that either)

I loved the two scientists in agents of shield. They continued to have great storylines throughout. Actually, it seemed like a lot of the side characters were really fantastic, but the main character's story was just all right.

I like dark and intense shows...so perhaps don’t take my word for it?

I like Ozark so far. Sometimes the scary music and pile up of bad stuff overwhelms me because I can't imagine how Marty will get out of it. But I also feel better knowing there's three seasons and I'm sure a fourth is coming.

Haha I deserve that.  My focus was...elsewhere haha.  In my defense, I actually was trying to figure out what the little symbol letters meant.  Like they would be important scenes in the episode.  Clearly...i was misguided 😂.  You catch on much quicker than me.

hahahahah no, I'm so slow at jokes. And I'm very surface, which is why I didn't delve deep into what the drawing meant and just kind of looked at it.

Edited by Reader

Some Scottish friends of mine introduced me too a Scottish sitcom show called „Still Game“. It follows a pair of old retirees who are best friends in their small town. It’s got a bit of a different sense of humor, but it also has these real powerful and emotional moments sometimes, because the characters genuinely care about each other and try to help each other out. 

Sadly the last season was in 2019. but it’s been fun to watch all the episodes.

• 5 weeks later...

Only seen two episodes so far, but this is some good shit. When you get a plot twist in the first episode, you know you're in for a ride. 

I’ve sorta fell in love with Netflix’s Outer Banks. I know how Netflix can be with their originals, but they’ve really outdone themselves on this one. The plot like is a bit cheesy at times, but if I’m being honest the characters really make up for it 😉 It’s a must for a binge-a-holic ⬇️

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 6:03 AM, matilda3948 said:

I burned through the first season of "The Good Place" in one weekend. It's charming and smart.

Also, huge fan of "Killing Eve." It's funny and dark and addictive. Season 2 comes out in a few months and I can't wait!

I only just found this thread and must agree with Killing Eve. SO addictive. I'm utterly obsessed. 

On 6/18/2020 at 2:32 AM, Chanel_no5 said:

Only seen two episodes so far, but this is some good shit. When you get a plot twist in the first episode, you know you're in for a ride. 

Right?! And also, Daveed Diggs. I would watch it even if it was bad because Daveed Diggs. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

6 hours ago, ilovesneezing said:

I only just found this thread and must agree with Killing Eve.

I also agree about Killing Eve. I've watched the first 5 episodes of season one so far and it's really good.

:joal:

On 7/6/2020 at 7:00 PM, Joal 555 said:

I also agree about Killing Eve. I've watched the first 5 episodes of season one so far and it's really good.

OMG addictive, isn't it? I've watched it all. Multiple times...ha!

On 7/12/2020 at 12:47 PM, ilovesneezing said:

OMG addictive, isn't it? I've watched it all. Multiple times...ha!

Yeah, it's great! Now seen 7 episodes, so I'm looking forward to the season 1 finale!

Inuyasha, tour of duty, baa baa black sheep (a bit hard to find),  Airwolf, Bones,  Star trek DS9, band of brothers, (HBO mini-series) Chernobyl, young riders (though sadly that's harder to find) 

i don't recall if i've mentioned this one yet before but im about to binge watch The Magicians (syfy chnnel) 

it's extremely dark and has a lot of topics that are potentially triggering but if those things don't bother u then like it's great. it's a urban fantasy thing that's just rlly creative and a bit scary but not so much that i (a big chicken) can't watch. rlly good, do reccomend. i binged the first two seasons and i'm gonna go back in and binge the rest to catch up now haha

On 7/13/2020 at 1:52 PM, Joal 555 said:

Yeah, it's great! Now seen 7 episodes, so I'm looking forward to the season 1 finale!

what did you think.....? 

54 minutes ago, ilovesneezing said:

what did you think.....? 

Enjoyed it! Started season 2 now...

On 7/6/2020 at 7:00 PM, March Hare said:

Right?! And also, Daveed Diggs. I would watch it even if it was bad because Daveed Diggs. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I might consider a brief stint as bisexual for him, yes. :shy: 

SO, because I finally got my money so I could get Netflix this month, I have binged. Oh my God. But only documentaries so far. However, when I was about to take a break, I noticed that Netflix where I'm at has added "Borgen"!! They didn't have that before, and while I do have it on DVD this is much easier. Question; do you have access to it on Netflix elsewhere too? Because if so, I highly recommend it, it's a damn good show, yes, it's political powerplay, and yes it's in Danish, but get those subtitles going and have a watch if you can access it because it's QUALITY stuff and the acting is formidable! 

I found this HBO show "Barry". Without giving to much away it's about a assassin who wants to get out of the biz and become an actor. It's a perfect mix of humor, seriousness and incredible acting. It also has a lot of dark humor so go with a word of caution. Episodes are short and super digestible, and it's only in season 2 with season 3 supposedly coming out in the not to distant future. Totally worth burning a weekend on the couch watching. 

• 3 weeks later...

^Barry is AMAZING! Not sure I've ever seen a show that does a better job of being both hilariously funny and incredibly dark, serious and dramatic at the same time. I loved season 1 and thought season 2 was even better; can't wait for the 3rd!

Recently been watching "Ramy" on hulu which I'd highly recommend. It's a semi-autobiographical show about a Muslim guy in his late 20s/early 30s trying to balance and reconcile his life in America with his faith. Super poignant, emotional, and thought-provoking, but is also very funny at times.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Esstrosa said:

Cobra Kai on Netflix 

Yes!!! This! 

I know it’s been mentioned, but Ozark on Netflix.