Sneeze Fetish Forum

Presentation (for Kaze wo HIku)

RiversD

Wasn't certain if this should go in Fanfiction, but... @Kaze wo Hiku commissioned a fic featuring her OC Gabriel Herondale (see her work 'Morning Coffee' for full details), and the results are here:

Professor Gabriel Herondale was missing Liam dreadfully. He always did, but suffering a cold as miserable as this one always made him yearn that much more pitifully for his boyfriend’s touch. But he had a duty to the college, and he was determined that his health wouldn’t cause disruption to the timetable yet again.

Which was how he found himself in one of the college lecture halls, feverish, lightheaded, holding himself upright by the lectern at times, and teaching from a script he fortunately knew very well.

“When we compare literature across eras,” he began, breaking his sentence earlier than planned so that he could clear his throat. “It is absolutely vital to consider the literary and linguistic tools available to a relatively modern author that simply didn’t exist for their ancient counterparts.”

Gabriel paused for effect then, as his throat constricted painfully, paused further for a spate of coughing that echoed in the theater and tightened his chest to the point of real concern. Gabriel felt beneath the lectern and, to his relief, found his inhaler. In Liam’s absence, he had taken to triple-checking such things, but that hadn’t prevented him leaving his entire bag in Grace’s café yesterday.

He took a couple of puffs to deconstrict his lungs before turning back to the class, red-faced with awareness of their stares.

“Goodness, excuse me. Where was… ah yes, linguistic tools. I don’t mean the way modern authors can draw upon the legacy of greats like Shakespeare and Beaumarchais for their work, but the most basic building blocks of narrative imagery. Take color, for example.”

Gabriel could feel his nose wanting to get in on the action- never content to be a passive participant in any event- but pressed on, warming to his theme.

“Homer’s ‘wine-dark sea’ has fascinated critics for centuries, but it is also evidence that writers in the ancient world simply did not have words to refer to colors that we would consider elementary today. Whether they failed to per-perciehve them- excuse…”

Gabriel snatched a handkerchief from his cardigan pocket as his voice failed, and clasped it hurriedly to his impatient nose.

eh-Ehsschoo! Esshooh!”

Few of the students bothered with “bless you”. Professor Herondale’s sneezes were too frequent to remark upon.

“Forgive me.” Gabriel made a token effort to ignore his body’s attempts to undermine him, despite experience teaching that two sneezes could never be enough.

“Right, yes… color-words are more modern than you might expect. ‘Orange’, for example, f-first appeared in English in 1557, and un-unus-ah-”

That was as far as Gabriel’s cold-sensitized nose would allow him to proceed. He doubled over at the podium with an exhausting volley of dizzying sneezes.

ehsschoo! ah-sschhoo! hh… eh’sschoo! eh’shhoo! eh- ehrschhoo! My goodness, I- EH’SSCHHooh!!”

“Sorry, class,” Gabriel gasped, leaning heavily on the lectern as the room span. “As you can tell, I’m not myself today.”

If only that were true, he found himself thinking. Alas, being ‘himself’ was only enjoyable when Liam was here. Without him, Gabriel’s natural state was… well, a sneezing, suffering, slightly pathetic academic trying to hold on to the last shreds of his dignity.

No. That wasn’t true. Gabriel scolded himself as he dragged himself upright and forced his way through the last of his lecture. That wasn’t what Liam saw. What would he say if he were here?

“Gabriel Lane Herondale, you are not pathetic!”

That was it. Somehow, the certainty of that made Gabriel care less about how he looked to everybody else. It was a warm weight in his chest that lifted him even on this miserable day.

God I already flailed to you on tumblr about this but now I can quote!!!!  I will actually try to write coherent sentences and not just key board smash BUT I MAKE NO PROMISES

3 hours ago, RiversD said:

In Liam’s absence, he had taken to triple-checking such things, but that hadn’t prevented him leaving his entire bag in Grace’s café yesterday.

Dear god, you have completely nailed him in this line.  My poor forgetful Fessor, trying so hard :heart:

“Goodness, excuse me. Where was… ah yes, linguistic tools.

I CAN TOTALLY PICTURE HIS FACE!!!!

Professor Herondale’s sneezes were too frequent to remark upon.

Yes they are :love:

That was as far as Gabriel’s cold-sensitized nose would allow him to proceed. He doubled over at the podium with an exhausting volley of dizzying sneezes.

ehsschoo! ah-sschhoo! hh… eh’sschoo! eh’shhoo! eh- ehrschhoo! My goodness, I- EH’SSCHHooh!!”

“Sorry, class,” Gabriel gasped, leaning heavily on the lectern as the room span. “As you can tell, I’m not myself today.” 

The POSTURE, the leaning paired with the sneezes, unf, again totally able to picture it.  You set the scene perfectly.  Poor G he should have stayed in bed.

“Gabriel Lane Herondale, you are not pathetic!”

Ah yes, the words of his dearest Liam getting him through the day.

Again, thank you so much for writing this, you got every aspect right and made 500 words seem like an endless glorious fict.  I absolutely love it and have a stupid fangirl grin on my face everytime I read it :hug::heart::thankyou:

18 minutes ago, Privatedancer said:

Can’t wait for more

It was a one shot sadly. :) But that doesn't mean I won't commission RiversD in the future :D

Archived