Sneeze Fetish Forum

How do you draw an “X” ?

FadedRose

Here’s the link to an article with a chart!

Thank me later and mentally draw the letter X in your head before you look at the chart.. I got really confused but ultimately figured out that the way *I* do it is #8. Some people made theories that 7 and 8 are the most popular, and left handed people do 8 and right handed people do 7, but I guess I’m an exception? I don’t really think your dominant hand has anything to do with it, but it’s one of those dumb things where it’s unique to everyone and kind of cool to see how everybody else does it. 

I guess I was just curious to see everyone else’s response haha :) 

Number 8, and I'm right-handed. 

edit: I'm a stupid son of a bitch. I actually use number 7, upon further reflection. :lol: 

4 hours ago, facet said:

#5, right-handed

I'm the same as the above

(together, we are multi-faceted)

:joal:

Any way I think about it 5 or 7 are the only correct answers.  After all, why would you draw the same letter differently in printing versus cursive?  And of those two 5 makes more sense because then your pen is in a better position to begin a stroke for the next letter.  Honestly, I couldn't reliably picture it in my head (after all who thinks about their pen strokes when they're writing?) and I had to actually get out a piece of paper and write it to confirm that I do indeed use 5. 

2, 3, 6, and 8 are like the equivalent of dotting an 'i' before you're written an 'i'.  I've never seen anybody do that.

I'm an 8 and I'm right handed. 

20 minutes ago, Demosthenes said:

And of those two 5 makes more sense because then your pen is in a better position to begin a stroke for the next lette

8 also ends you in the right position. There are lots of letters that I shape differently when writing in cursive. 

59 minutes ago, Demosthenes said:

And of those two 5 makes more sense because then your pen is in a better position to begin a stroke for the next letter.  

When you write in cursive, do you complete the “x” before continuing or add the second stroke at the end?

@FadedRose Great topic! 

I'm right handed, and I... think it depends on the context for this.

If the X is a picture like on a map, then I'm a 5.  If it's X the letter, I'm a 7.  Hmm...is that weird?

7, right handed. I think this has more to do with learning writing conventions (all though x doesn't appear in my languahe of education like... Ever) and the order of strokes that was once upon a time taught for all letters even if I don't remember any of that in theory and probably deviate from it, and with the fact that I partially bind my letters which makes the left-to-right downwards stroke the logical first part for me, than with anything else. I find it easier to do all strokes downwards and I don't know what affects that but I assume it's not my right handedness (not that the theory claimed it was).

7, right handed. 7 makes sense to me because I connect a lot of my letters, and 7 starts me in a position where the letter before the x can easily be connected to it.

I'm left-handed, and I'm a 3. No idea why. That's just how it flowed off the pen :lol:    I played with it a little bit- When I'm just writing an X, or if x is the first letter of a word, I do a 3. If I'm writing a word, and X isn't the first letter of the word, I do a 7.   So I guess I'm a 3/7. Or something like that.  I write in kind of a weird blend of print and cursive, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Archived