Sneeze Fetish Forum

Gauging Interest in a Dragon Age Fic

Wig_Powder

@RiversD's latest Dragon Age story, as well as @Sitruuna's Dragon Age II fic from a few months ago, has reminded me of my own Dragon Age: Origins fic idea that I was considering writing and posting here. However, I'm a bit hesitant to actually do it, for the following reasons.

1. It centers around a very obscure character from the game. It's also going to require some canon divergence, but that's less of an issue.

2. Based on the outline I have for the fic, it's probably going to be long. Which ties into...

3. While illness and sneezing are an important part of the story, there will almost certainly be chapters where there's no sneezing or other symptoms. In fact, it would probably take one or two chapters before we got any sign of illness.

Given all that, would I have at least a few readers for this? I know one should write for oneself (and I do), but given the amount of time involved, as well as the potential long-ish stretches without sneezing, it would be nice to know if this is something people would be interested in reading.

I'm still in the middle of Dragon Age Origins, so I might not know he character you're writing about, but I definitely think there's an audience out there.  Are you at all interested in posting your work to sites other than the forum?  There's a good amount of sickfic on Ao3 for Dragon Age and I'm sure you'd get some readers there.  :)  I think some kink fic actually suffers from not having enough going on outside of the sneezing, so it could be cool to see more story and worldbuilding, too.

26 minutes ago, LeapYearKisses said:

I'm still in the middle of Dragon Age Origins, so I might not know he character you're writing about,

You might. Depends on what origin story you chose.

34 minutes ago, LeapYearKisses said:

I think some kink fic actually suffers from not having enough going on outside of the sneezing, so it could be cool to see more story and worldbuilding, too.

I appreciate that, though my concern is that there's going to come a point in the story where the sneezing is pretty much tangential to the plot. Which is of course good as a writer, but not exactly what one expects on a site dedicated to sneezing, you know?

I'm always here for more dragon age content 👀
Go for it. Write the thing! : D
anyhow, you made me curious about who you mean by "a very obscure character"

As I already said - this sounds interesting. :) In case you're also interested in reading more - here are my two Dragon Age sick-fics here in the forum: 

I've written Dragon Age fanfiction with Zevran as the main character long before I've found this forum. Those weren't sick-fics though.

Archived