Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you blow your nose differently in public to in private?

HankyDrawer

Hi all,

The reason I ask this is that I blow my nose really loudly in private, always at least 4 good honks. 

If I need to blow it in public I may blow one nostril at a time more gently so I don't honk and then maybe both nostrils together in a quick honk to finish with.

I wonder if a lot of the quiet blowers I see are louder in private.

Just thinking aloud and rambling.

cheers

Hankydrawer

I've always found it very hard to blow my nose at all unless it's very runny. So I tend to only wipe my nose in public--or I'm able to try & pass off blowing nose as merely wiping it.

But blowing nose in private normally takes no discretion. 

In public, i try to blow quietly, but i usually end up honking anyway. In private, I still blow quietly, but wind up honking more than in public. I blow my nose at least 5 times per day and they’re usually pretty snotty, so when it public, it’s more the snotty sound then the honking sound that I am sometimes embarrassed about...

• 1 month later...

I don't blow my nose too often but I don't think I would change how i blew it public if i have to...I honk a bit in private so I would do the same in public...whatever it took to get it out

In public I guess I blow quiet, especially when I'm around friends. But when I'm on my own I guess I blow it forcefully 

sexyhankysneeze

I try to blow a bit quicker in public, and do less finishing off (wiping, etc)

Also will hold hanky or tissue so that no one will risk seeing contents in public

I get a bit self-conscious about blowing my nose in public, so I try to be as quiet as possible. Far less so in private. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

For me, there are two factors here: how I blow, and what I blow with

If I'm close to other people, especially indoors, I'll show some restraint; I get it that not everyone appreciates loud snotty gurgles in their proximity. in private, and outdoors when people are around but not close by, I'll blow with as much force as is needed to get the job done.

902912252_Flaceresized1.jpg.b33ab70da2ead5f921a2d84269a74f56.jpg

I'm a handkerchief person, 100%: most of my collection consists of 'ladies' handkerchiefs. My confidence is now at the level that it's pretty much only close-up in front of someone that I won't use a lace handkerchief: everything else is pretty okay. Since late yesterday I've been using this lace handkerchief (it's obviously not as pristine as this now!) Earlier today, standing outside with a small group of people, I turned away to blow my nose into it fairly snottily. Perhaps someone caught a glimpse of the lace, I don't know ... it feels like I've this one final confidence threshold to cross!

One other distinction I used to make, but not any longer, was when using a handkerchief decorated with embroidered flowers in one corner. In public, I'd 'hide' the flowers and blow my nose into that part, which wasn't particularly comfortable. Nowadays, I always do the opposite, so avoid blowing into the embroidery and have it openly on display instead. So, with yesterday's clean lace handkerchief (pictured as it then was, below), it's now only the area around the embroidery that's snot-free ... one more sneeze or blow, I think, and it'll be getting relegated to the laundry basket!

742999424_Flaceresized2.jpg.a6b6d9121b84064e0556bb0caedd95dc.jpg

To be honest I get kind of embarrassed at the thought of people hearing me blow snot into a tissue 😂 so I usually just stuff the tissue up there, or go to the washroom/somewhere more private.