Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Kalanchoe Trials

King Mob

I haven't been around for a while, but I am giving something a try, and hopefully my results will be of use to the community. So here's the deal:

There have been a couple threads on Kalanchoe on the site, but not too much information contained therein, and it makes for a difficult plant to obtain the United States. On my end, I've been on the hunt for something that works to induce on my fiancee. Chhikini (I know I spelled that wrong) doesn't work all that well, so I've done a lot of research on Kalanchoe and we've settled on trying that. So we are going to run through a couple methods with the stuff and I am going to report back on what works.

For now, all I have to report is that the extracts available on Amazon.com don't work(or at least, the glycerine based one does not, and we are leery of the alcohol-based one). I currently have on the way a few plants of Kalanchoe pinata (also known as Cathedral Bells), and Kalanchoe daimontania (also known as Mexican Hat), which are the two plants most commonly associated with inducing sneezes. Based on what I could find online in regards to home-remedy uses, the two suggested methods are sniffing liquid directly from the leaves, and making an extract by boiling them. We are planning to try both methods on both plants (I've agreed to be the guinea pig to make sure it causes no harm), and I'll report back once the plants come in and the methods are tested. In the meantime, if anyone has any particular preparation methods they recommend (or places to buy, as right now it's gonna take a couple weeks), I welcome the input. I'm also willing to record and share the test results (mine, not my partner's) if it works on me and anyone is interested.

just checking, u don't have any pets do u? from what i've read, kalanchoe is rlly deadly for pets to be around.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

just checking, u don't have any pets do u? from what i've read, kalanchoe is rlly deadly for pets to be around.

I was concerned about that as well, as I have 2 cats. But I won't be growing any of it at home - I'll be doing the two methods of extraction and then throwing out what remains of the plants. As well, the two types I'm obtaining are far less likely to cause issues if ingested (the flowery types are most likely to cause heart issues, while the two I'm getting typically just cause diarrhea and vomiting). That said, I'll be keeping the plants far away from the kitties.

okay! i'm glad u thought ahead and rlly did your research!! good luck with your sneeze plants!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an update, but no good news thus far.

I was able to obtain a daigremontania and pinnata plant, as well as leaf clippings of the former, but all were rather young and small plants. Neither direct juice from the leaves nor a prepared tincture (hour of leaves in boiling water, then setting for a few more) produced anything that had an effect. I should be able to get ahold of larger plants in a few weeks. As well, I'm expanding my search to include herbenium autumnale(sneezeweed) seed pods and leaves to dry and make into snuff.

I'd also like to ask a favor, if I may: if anyone who lives in/has lived in a country that sells the kalanchoe cold drops, I'd love to know what they're called/if they're orderable online. If it's legal to purchase and have shipped to the U.S., that'd be an avenue I'd like to explore.

sneezeweed seeds will probably not do anything for you, but if you grow the sneezeweed it's said that its pollen is very effective 

Edited by •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•
typo

I had no idea there were so many types of plants that caused sneezing.... Thank you for posting updates! 

• 9 months later...

Long time no update on this, and I'm afraid the news is mostly bad, but I have at least learned a few things. To summarize:

- Kalanchoe plants/leaves only produce viable juice if they are 3 years old or more, and I have yet to run into anyone owning such a plant (and getting/caring for such would be a massive hassle).

-Despite a great deal of research, all the kalanchoe tinctures I've tried (including two from Russia) have been a bust. I did find something that may work for some (Nasodren spray on Amazon, which is made from a different extract and at least got the wifey close-ish).

So I'm down to inquiring if anyone from Russia, the Ukraine, or the Eastern European area in general could provide me with a picture, link, or name to actual kalanchoe cold drops that are used for that purpose. Google translate and hours of internet research have not produced anything but pricey misfires.

this is probably something you've already considered so forgive me but i have to ask: have you tried chhinkni? it's very easy to obtain and it's really effective as long as you don't get an expired batch

um I would suggest staying away from the sneezeweed plant, from what I've heard it causes blindness in cattle. am not certain if that's true but as a precaution I wouldn't get that one don't know anything about the other stuff 

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 10:59 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

this is probably something you've already considered so forgive me but i have to ask: have you tried chhinkni? it's very easy to obtain and it's really effective as long as you don't get an expired batch

So at first when I read this post, my reaction was "It can't really be that easy...can it?" But lo and behold, the chhinkni we had tried previously (and only ever managed one sneeze out of multiple attempts) turned out to have been LONG expired. Cue ordering a fresh batch manufactured in October of 2019 (the shelf life is apparently 23 months), and WHOA.

So yeah, currently feeling a mix of embarassment (having spent so much research, time, and money when the solution was so simple) and giddiness. But thank you so much! It may never have occurred to us otherwise. So I guess with a solution that works, I shall cease the trials, with a happy (but twist) ending.

4 hours ago, King Mob said:

So at first when I read this post, my reaction was "It can't really be that easy...can it?" But lo and behold, the chhinkni we had tried previously (and only ever managed one sneeze out of multiple attempts) turned out to have been LONG expired. Cue ordering a fresh batch manufactured in October of 2019 (the shelf life is apparently 23 months), and WHOA.

So yeah, currently feeling a mix of embarassment (having spent so much research, time, and money when the solution was so simple) and giddiness. But thank you so much! It may never have occurred to us otherwise. So I guess with a solution that works, I shall cease the trials, with a happy (but twist) ending.

omg yeah a lot of people don't know about that!! i feel like it took a long tome for some of the community to find out (see: about 2 years after it became well known and ppls batches started expiring and becoming useless) and even longer for the info to start spreading. it's not rlly common knowledge yet, but it's getting there.

im glad you found that it does work for you after all!! nothing like finding something to satisfy your niche needs. grats!

4 hours ago, King Mob said:

Where did you order from? I didn't have success with the batch I ordered two years ago and have wondered if it was a bad batch.

• 1 year later...

Russian parents use kalanchoe drops as a cold remedy.  I was just looking into this when this thread popped up.  Hopefully I can get more info in this as I have Russian members of my family!!!

14 minutes ago, Alyssa1146 said:

Russian parents use kalanchoe drops as a cold remedy.  I was just looking into this when this thread popped up.  Hopefully I can get more info in this as I have Russian members of my family!!!

Yeah, I am from Ukraine and confirm this. This plant's juice is used to treat runny noses just like Chhinkni. Sadly adult people rarely use it (especially men). But when they do it's so great ;) 

Edited by ukrsneeze
2 minutes ago, Alyssa1146 said:

@ukrsneeze is there a brand name of any that I can order online?

just enter "buy kalanchoe plant" in google to see what options are available 

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 11:17 PM, King Mob said:

Long time no update on this, and I'm afraid the news is mostly bad, but I have at least learned a few things. To summarize:

- Kalanchoe plants/leaves only produce viable juice if they are 3 years old or more, and I have yet to run into anyone owning such a plant (and getting/caring for such would be a massive hassle).

-Despite a great deal of research, all the kalanchoe tinctures I've tried (including two from Russia) have been a bust. I did find something that may work for some (Nasodren spray on Amazon, which is made from a different extract and at least got the wifey close-ish).

So I'm down to inquiring if anyone from Russia, the Ukraine, or the Eastern European area in general could provide me with a picture, link, or name to actual kalanchoe cold drops that are used for that purpose. Google translate and hours of internet research have not produced anything but pricey misfires.

You can't really buy drops, you have to get some fresh plant/pieces and squeeze the juice; that is really the only way it will work