Sneeze Fetish Forum

Notre-Dame

Shamaël

I'm sorry to bring this topic here, because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with ANYTHING on this forum, but Notre-Dame de Paris is burning and partly destroyed... I'm shocked, I feel helpless and really sad, because it's a part of the history and a place that meant a lot to me for personal reasons... Sorry, I just needed to share this I guess.

It's really heartbreaking. I've always wanted to go to Paris and see it, and this sort of thing just reminds me to really take the chance and go when I can. The main structure and all are the artwork is saved, so not all is lost. 

I’m shocked too, I don’t know what to say. I’ve been to visit it twice and fell in love instantly. the last time was the 17th of March 2019, not even a month ago. My heart is crying 😭 such a beautiful  Cathedral, so much history to it.

Notre-Dame, what have they done to you?

I just read that, apparently, the structure seems to be intact. Fingers crossed. 💜

27 minutes ago, Coffee Mug said:

I just read that, apparently, the structure seems to be intact. Fingers crossed. 💜

29 minutes ago, Travel said:

The main structure and all are the artwork is saved, so not all is lost. 

Yes, and some of the statues I thought had burnt with the roof have been saved because they had been removed some days ago to be restored...

Thanks for your messages! It's stupid but I've been crying all evening long...

1 minute ago, Aliena H. said:

Yes, and some of the statues I thought had burnt with the roof have been saved because they had been removed some days ago to be restored...

Thanks for your messages! It's stupid but I've been crying all evening long...

You're welcome! Nothing stupid about it. It's very sad and we seem to be living in a time when beautiful, sustainable things are randomly destroyed, and again, it's something I wish to see in person. But despite everything, it has been managed to be saved. 

5 minutes ago, Aliena H. said:

It's stupid but I've been crying all evening long...

It's perfectly natural to feel upset about such things, especially if there is a personal connection as you mentioned earlier.

Don't beat yourself up.

:joal:

9 hours ago, Aliena H. said:

It's stupid but I've been crying all evening long...

It's not stupid at all. I feel with you @Aliena H.. This was a big shock for me, too, and I couldn't find any sleep last night until it was clear that the fire is under control. It's good that a lot of the artwork could be saved. But still... 850 years of history...

I've just heard that two rose windows have been saved, and that these were the ones that were taken apart and hidden during the war.

15 hours ago, Aliena H. said:

@Travel and @Joal 555: thank you ❤️

It really is worth seeing! I hope you'll be able to come and visit it one day.

Thanks! I sure hope it's soon! 

This is horrible indeed...And I am very touched by the compassion of the international community...and by yours :) 

Archived