Sneeze Fetish Forum

GoT ending (spoilers)

Light

So I thought I would start a post for anyone in mourning if the amazing show that was Game of Thrones that ended for horribly.

Just my opinion of course, but I feel everything form the writing to the quality dropped significantly this last season.

Its more painful then watching the Red Wedding to see the best show of our time trip at the finish line. 

Valar Morghulis I suppose yet for us, all shows must die would be more accurate.

I truly hope the books do better.

Anyway, if anyone would like to vent or mourn or just share there opinions please feel free. 

I’ll share more of my thoughts if this post takes off.

(And no one abuse anyone who says they liked the ending. This is just for friendly discussion and everyone is entitled to their opinion.)

The whole season was clearly rushed. 

Im going to talk about episode 3 and why it made me lose interest in the series.

People complained about not seeing much, but that wasn't my main problem with the episode, the dark kind of engulfs you in the whole fear and terror sensation, I liked it.

The battle against the dead - The whole dothraki with flaming swords part was cool but If you have a castle, why not actually use it? Why the hell is your army in front of the trenches? Its like you sent them to die on purpose... 

Bran gets his white contacts on and proceeds to be useless in the fight. Maybe he was warging to watch the Avengers Endgame (and who can blame him?)

I can get behind the way that Jorah (Fighting for Dany) and Theon (Protecting the Starks, not as Reek but as Theon) died. The music as the Night King is advancing over Bran is great. Thank you Ramin Djawadi.

But then it happens - all the hyping of the villain for 9 years to kill him in less than 2 minutes in an underwhelming way. The white walkers did nothing. Jon Snow, whose whole purpose seemed to be guiding the living against the dead did mostly nothing. He rode in a dragon for an hour and then ran from and screamed at a dead one in the end. We get little to no info on the Night King and what brought him there. Why have all these mysteries and symbols of spirals when the dead pass by and explain nothing about it? All we get is a smirk when Dany orders the dragon to blast him with fire. Why is he smirking? Is it because he has no motivation and is just evil for no reason? And why Arya tho? I wouldn't mind if she landed the killing blow after a real fight with the Night King involving most of the main characters, but the way they did it? Come on! She struggles to pass through a library of wights while wounded, but defeats the villain while jumping and screaming through all the white walkers and all the wights by dropping a knife and stabbing once without breaking a sweat. I want them to subvert my expectations the way they did with Hodor's story, not this way!

And then all is mostly well, the living win and we get back to the real problem - who gets the iron throne.

I mean, you killed the incarnation of death, why should I care who gets elected president afterwards?

After the ending of this episode I still watched the rest of the episodes, but without the same enthusiasm. I guess it was cool that Jon got back to Ghost in the end... 

38 minutes ago, facet said:

You have two brown characters and you're killing them both?

Thats a pretty racist statement. But I also thought that the death of Missandei was mostly there to rush the scenario of a crazy Dany (I wouldn't choose this scenario either, it goes against Dany's arc and character development, like you said) and it could have been avoided if they didn't go with this route. If they wanted to go with the "Crazy Dany" route they needed a lot more development on this than what they revealed. Like an entire season.

39 minutes ago, facet said:

How many real-life men will be able to just see themselves as Jon Snows in their warped realities when intimate partner violence rises and is one of the most likely reasons for women dying violently in our society?

Just as many as there will be abused sons killing their fathers like Tyrion did to his father.

52 minutes ago, facet said:

Oh, and big shout-out to Bran the B R O K E N

Yeah they probably could've come up with a better nickname. I also don't get why they chose him to be the King. He said himself, he was just a spectator. He spectated through all the deaths and horrors that maybe he could've prevented and did nothing. But in the end he just says in a cold emotionless tone "why do you think I came all this way" and then some people say aye and he is king. What? 

58 minutes ago, facet said:

I didn't even get to how Jaime's growth was sacrificed so he could run back into the arms of his abuser.

Yup, it was painful to watch the regression, but i guess that's Jamie's love for Cersei... Blind as a bat.

1 hour ago, facet said:

When people talk about how this season was written by white men, this is what we're talking about

Pretty racist and unnecessary statement. They were bad writers but it has nothing to do with their race or gender.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:44 PM, facet said:

you can't be racist against white people

Oh yes you can!!!!!! I recently pointed out that something a classmate jokingly said, involving the n-word, was wrong. She says and I quote "Well your ancestors made us slaves so....thats wrong too." That is racist. She is black and assuming that all white people enslaved people. Not that its any of her buisness but my ancestors came over in the 1900s after slavery was outlawed. You can also be sexist to men. 

Wow, 13 hours and it’s already getting fucking derailed.

When I said all opinions are welcome I meant about the show and it’s crappy ending. 

Starting a debate about whether or not they purposely killed off characters because of their race is a conversation for another post. 

I’ll take this down in a heat beat if that keeps up.

Fight it out in the pit.

We have enough negative emotions about the show already, we don’t need more.

That goes for both sides of the debate.

5 hours ago, Steelswarm said:

Maybe he was warging to watch the Avengers Endgame (and who can blame him?)

That’s hilarious. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to everyone to say please respect the original poster and keep the discussion on topic, thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

[yeah yeah, Jenny-come-lately, but I wanted more time to think about this!]

I wish they hadn't insisted on using George Martin's ending, is all. It didn't fit their narratives any more. Maybe the conclusion would have been as weak as this one if they'd come up with a different way to end this giant snarl of stories, but it would probably have made a little bit more sense?

But yeah, the two words that kept going through my head on repeat (and came out of my mouth in various degrees of indignant loudness) during each and every episode in Season Eight were "RUSH JOB".

It makes me angry to think of these two having this TREASURE in their possession and treating it so cavalierly.

Archived