Sneeze Fetish Forum

Rest- Criminal Minds fic Luke Alvez

ID2006

Filling a fic request for Raine. This is set after Season 12 Episode 8 “Scarecrow”. The team is taking a week off while Reid deals with his mother and Prentiss and Alvez have to check in with a doctor regularly for a week due to being stuck in the silo. This is the first part and is mostly story setup with no sneezing...yet. I watch Criminal Minds on Netflix so I only have up to Season 12 and it has been a while so I'm sorry for any mistakes I make that don't follow the regular cannon. Hope you enjoy. Comments are obviously encouraging and appreciated. 

Luke Alvez coughed and looked over at his Unit Chief, Agent Prentiss. Originally unhappy with the mandatory doctor visits, Prentiss was now thankful that she had taken precautions after the two had almost suffocated in a grain silo. Luke sniffed and dabbed his nose with a sleeve, glaring when his boss tried to hand him a tissue. Agent Prentiss might have protested if the way too cheerful doctor hadn’t just entered.

“Knock knock. There’s good news and bad news. Good news is your blood work came back relatively normal. Agent Prentiss, so far so good. I’ll still want you to check in in a few days of course, but I suspect you’ll be fine.”

“Actually, I’m supposed to fly to London this week,” the doctor seemed concerned until she continued, “but I’ve already set a doctor’s appointment while I’m there.”

“Well, as long as they run the same labs you seem fit to fly. Obviously if anything changes give us a call and we will get you right in.” He then shifted his gaze to the younger agent, “You on the other hand aren’t going anywhere but home. No sign of serious infection but your white blood count is elevated. Probably just a cold, but given what your lungs have gone through recently I want to see you again in two days. I also expect you to check your temperature every 6 hours or so and if it gets to 103 I want you to go straight to the ER. Understand?”

Luke coughed into his elbow and nodded.

“Do you live alone?”

It felt like thousands of ants were crawling around his throat and Luke struggled to answer without giving the impression that he was as sick as he felt. “With my dog.”

“I’d prefer someone stay with you, but if you promise to check in with someone that would be acceptable.” The doctor looked to the senior Agent.

“Alvez, I expect a text at least daily, that’s an order.”

Luke smiled and nodded, thankful that she wasn’t ordering him a babysitter.

The doctor looked at agent Alvarez, “Okay, I’ll see you in two days. Remember lots of fluid, rest, even if you feel okay I’d prefer you rest your lungs. Give them a chance to heal but also don’t drown yourself in cough syrup, your body coughs for a reason.” Turning his head, “Agent Prentiss, I’d like to see you when you get back from London so I can clear you for official duty.”

“You will, thank you sir.” She extended a hand, shaking with the doctor as Luke coughed and nodded his thanks.

As soon as they were out of the office Prentiss stopped and put a hand on Alvez. “You can let it out now.”

“Let wh-what out.” The words caught in his throat as he tried to speak and it dawned on him what she was talking about as he was forced to brace himself against the wall while his lungs tried to force themselves from his body. At first he tried to keep the coughing light but it wasn’t doing any good so he eventually let the sound rumble from deep inside his lungs.

Agent Prentiss kept a steadying hand on him and looked on in sympathy. Eventually the man slowly straightened and spit some gunk in a shadowed corner.

“Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it, let’s get you home.”

On the drive back to his place Luke tried to keep his breathing steady. Agent Prentiss repeated the doctor’s instructions.

“…And I’ll send someone by to walk Roxie.”

“You don’t have to do that…”

“Nuh uh, you’re resting your lungs. You’re lucky I don’t send someone to stay with you.” Her look was stern and the Unit Chief clearly meant business.

Agent Alvez was smart enough to keep his mouth shut as they pulled into a parking space near his apartment and he opened the passenger door.

“Call if you need anything; I may be in London but I’ll still be available.” Concern was evident in his boss’ voice.

“I will and I will text everyday,” and in one quick finishing statement Luke added, “and I don’t need a babysitter, just someone to walk Roxie.” Then he swiftly closed the door giving Prentiss no chance to verbally argue. She could have gotten out but instead she opted for rolling her eyes at him.

At home technical analyst Penelope Garcia tossed and turned in her sleep. Light slid between her blinds as birds chirped outside. It was nearing ten in the morning and although normally at work she was using this break to try and catch up on sleep. Unfortunately, sleep came in bursts that were few and far between. She knew there was added protection and security surrounding her with Scratch on the loose, but unsubs had gotten through that before.

Jerking awake, Penelope choked as another nightmare invaded her sleep. As she sat trying to catch her breath the phone rang and she looked to see her friend and Unit Chief’s number displayed.

Taking one more moment to steady herself she tried to answer in her normally chipper voice, “All Knowing Wonder, at your service.”

“Hey Garcia, I know you’re supposed to have this week off, but I have a favor to ask.”

Penelope did not like the sound of that; not that she didn’t love her job, because she did, but that tone immediately made her wonder what messy images she would need to be sorting through next. “Let me guess, the enemy never sleeps.” The dismay was evident in her voice.

“While that may be true, this will hopefully be an easier assignment.” Penelope perked up a little as her boss continued, “I’m headed to London and everyone else is out of town.”

“Except Luke,” Garcia interjected, “remember… all knowing.”

“Yes, except Luke who wasn’t doing so good at our doctor check-in.”

“Is he okay? What can I do? Is it…” her voice became panicked and Agent Prentiss tried to cut in before Garcia became too worked up.

“Calm down. He’s resting at home. The doctor thinks it is just a cold but he is supposed to rest, so I was wondering if you could walk Roxie tomorrow and maybe take him to his doctor’s appointment the day after if he needs it.”

‘Just a cold, just a cold’ Garcia repeated to herself. ‘He was just at the doctor’s. They let him go home. He’s fine, he’s fine.’

“Garcia, you still there?”

“Yes. Sorry. Of course I can do that. Does he need anything else?”

‘Still worried but she sounded a little better’, Prentiss thought to herself.

“It wouldn’t hurt to bring a few supplies. So far he has a cough and for all I know he might be feeling mostly better tomorrow.” Prentiss thought back to his coughing fit outside the doctor’s office. She suspected that may linger for a while but who knew if he’d develop any other symptoms. Hopefully he was truthful when he texted her, but knowing that Garcia would be checking in on him gave her extra peace of mind that she hadn’t realized she needed. “Sorry to interrupt your vacation for this, but I really appreciate it Penelope.”

The use of her first name reminded her that this wasn’t just work related, this was about friendship and Garcia felt a blanket of comfort surround her as she remembered these people were more than co-workers, they were her family.

This is just wow I love it so far. The characterization is spot on! Thank you so much for writing this and I’ll be eagerly waiting for updates😊

Yay, glad you are enjoying it. It's always nice to write something that is appreciated by others. On to part two...

Penelope spent the rest of her day mainly pacing her flat. Should she go early to see Luke? How sick was he? Should she go to the store? Just gather things from home? She didn’t really feel like going out so she rummaged through her cabinets. She had soup, crackers, and tea in her kitchen. There was an extra box of tissues beneath her sink. Given their occupations Garcia was sure he’d have painkillers so she wouldn’t need those. As she looked through her medicine cabinet she found a bag of cough drops. That would be enough, right? What did she like when she was sick? Warm blanket… comfy clothes…movies. A final walkthrough and she felt semi-confident in her preparedness. Her pink flowered carry-on fit everything perfectly, including a pink fuzzy blanket and extra pair of PJ’s just in case. Casual yoga clothes were placed on top of the zipped up roller bag, perfect for dog walking and relaxing. But now what?

Penelope was starting to register how much safer she felt at work. The long days and unexpected twists and turns in the cases meant she had a nice little room in the back for sleeping. Constant white noise of machines would lull her to sleep, no matter how gruesome the case was. With no cases she should be relaxed, right? Her eyes were so tired. Turning the oven fan on high she tried to fit in another nap on the couch before raiding the fridge.

Luke laid down on his couch while Roxie wagged happily at his return.

“Sorry girl, no walk today, but I’ll take you out later.”

She nuzzled into his hand anyway before he pulled it back to cough into his arm. Something shifted in his head and Luke felt warmth seep from his nose to upper lip.

‘Great,’ he thought as he wobbled his way to the bathroom and grabbed a roll of toilet paper. Unrolling some he stared at his reflection. How did Prentiss let him leave the house like this? He knew there wasn’t much he could have done about the sunken in eyes or the redness of his cheeks but at least he could have done something about his hair. As he shifted his head to get a better view the light caught his eyes and shot a tickle through his sinuses.

“He’ISHHHuh!” Despite his best attempts at covering with the toilet paper still in his hand, spray enveloped the counter and part of the mirror. Groaning a little turned into coughing and instead of cleaning up the mess he allowed himself to sink down to the floor in front of the bathroom cabinet. Resting his head on his knees he was grateful both that no one was here to see him like this and that his faithful dog companion had pushed herself against him, licking his cheek.

Penelope surprised herself by actually getting a solid two hours of sleep. Stretching she made her way to the kitchen and prepared some food. Feeling a little better after a nice meal and having more of a pep in her step now that she had a purpose, at least for tomorrow, she managed to do laundry and some cleaning before the darkness of the evening seeped in and grew her unease.

“Okay, up up, I’m getting up.” Roxie was now nudging and whining as Luke raised himself to his feet.

“hRSHAAAA, huh- Hhh!” Ugh, stuck. Luke scratched at the tickling appendage now slowly streaming down his face and grabbed more toilet paper giving a forceful blow. The liquid was thin and fluid and as soon as he had cleaned himself up Luke could still feel it threaten to drip out. Rolling up some toilet paper he shoved some in his nose and looked down at his dog. “Don’t look at me like that.”

Patiently, Roxie followed him out of the bathroom. Setting the toilet paper roll on the coffee table Luke sat back down on the couch and laid his head back. Unfortunately that sent the tickle back full force and he launched forward sneezing into his hands.

“h’TSHHH eH’KTSHOOoo!” The first sneeze only slightly dislodged the toilet paper from his nose but the second one filled his hands with the now gooey masses.

Keeping his hands firmly pressed against his face Luke made his way to the kitchen trash before washing in the sink.

Roxie looked up at him, tongue lolling out the side.

“Yeah yeah, not funny,” he patted her on the head. “Now let’s get some food. Take out Chinese sound good?”

After some food Luke felt a little better although his nose was alternating between streaming and so blocked he could barely breathe. When it was blocked it felt like his head might explode but the running worsened his cough and aggravated his throat. A tickle was now constantly infiltrating various parts of his sinuses and although Luke got a few “bless you’s” when he took Roxie out it was mostly suspicious glares from the passerby’s. Finally with Roxie fed, watered, and taken out he climbed into bed for some much needed sleep.

4 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

How did Prentiss let him leave the house like this? He knew there wasn’t much he could have done about the sunken in eyes or the redness of his cheeks but at least he could have done something about his hair. As he shifted his head to get a better view the light caught his eyes and shot a tickle through his sinuses.

Aww I love Luke getting all self-conscious as if he could ever look bad lol

I also really love how you write his relationship his Roxie and him feeling like she’s judging him for being sick. 

You’re so good at keeping everyone in character which makes it feel that much more realistic and therefore enjoyable. 

Yay. It's so nice having someone enjoy this and I'm glad it's still feeling in character, especially since it has been so long since I have watched much of the show. 

Part 3. (Relatively short, but we're getting there)

Gaming. What else was there to do at 3am for a technical analyst on vacation that couldn’t sleep. Thankfully, there were others all over the world whom had the same idea and Penelope had quite the online reputation so there were always worthy companions and opponents for her. It still didn’t keep her as distracted as she would have liked though. She looked at the clock. Four a.m. Four fifteen. Five twelve. What was an appropriate time to go walk a dog? Penelope concluded it probably wasn’t five on a vacation day.

Maybe she would nap. It sounded like a good option until a car backfired right as she laid down. Penelope sat straight upright, a little dizzy at the sudden change in position. Coffee? Better yet she could make a thermos of tea and have a warm greeting for Luke. Hey, if she took a shower she might even be able to delay her leaving til a more reasonable hour.

Showered and changed and tea in hand still only got Penelope to six fifteen. Maybe she should text Luke.

Luke pressed his head against an arm of the couch trying to will his headache away. Around 2 am he had started coughing uncontrollably which led to an unpleasant incident with his trashcan. Finally able to catch his breath he managed to get that cleaned up but every time he tried to lay back down the coughing had worsened. Water helped his throat a little so he tried to find something that might work better. His cabinets certainly weren’t empty but his search for tea made Luke realize he might have a little problem with coffee as there were five different types of that but not a tea bag or hot chocolate pack in sight. Deciding to prop himself up on the couch, Roxie trotted along beside him. Petting her relaxed him a bit and he dozed off a little… until he woke up to the pounding in his skull.

The pressure from the couch eased it a little and he heard a strange noise from the table. Roxie was staring at the buzzing phone as well, vibrating briefly on the coffee table. What was Garcia texting him for?

“You up? -G” Why would she care?

“Yes. -A”

“Okay if I come walk Roxie now? -G” Ahhhh, Prentiss must have recruited her.

“Sure. –A”

Good, he was up. Penelope sighed with thankfulness before the worrying thought hit her, ‘Why was he up? Was he sick? Was he feeling fine and a morning person?’ Guess she would find out.

At six forty five on the dot she knocked on his apartment door. A car had tailed her there but it was clearly the government guard dogs assigned to her. She wondered why she felt so much more comfortable even being outside Luke’s door than inside her own place.

The door opened but Penelope didn’t see a head. A hand thrust out grasping a pink leash with Roxie on the end.  

“Thanks.” It sounded like Alvez… kind of. The voice was congested and lower than his normal. A small coughing fit concluded his one word statement which seemed rough and unfeeling.

“I brought stuff. We can have a movie day.” She felt bad for him but her voice was pleasant and content, knowing she wouldn’t be alone, but as she took the leash she was surprised to hear his snappy response.

“I don’t need a sitter.” And with that the door shut abruptly.

At first Penelope just stood there in shock. Her flowered carryon rested on the ground at her side and she set down the thermos she was holding not sure what to do. Leaving the stuff there she turned, a tear falling down her cheek. Roxie wagged happily at Penelope’s side and sniffed at the bag.

“Guess we should go walk girl.” Penelope wiped at her cheek, “Sorry, you’re probably used to a good run but I’m more of a walking girl.”

Luke closed the door before pinching his nose trying to stifle two sneezes. It mostly worked but sent daggers through his skull and he really hoped the ibuprofen he took after Penelope’s text would kick in soon. Being this sick was bad enough, he didn’t need anyone seeing him this way and he certainly did not need a babysitter. It had been so long since someone had cared for him while he was ill and he was perfectly capable of taking care of himself.

The walk helped prevent Penelope from breaking into tears. She tried not to think of what she would do after she left. She was tired and lonely and … scared. She hated how she felt, she just wanted somewhere to feel safe for a little bit. It had never crossed her mind that Luke wouldn’t want her there. After walking a bit, mind still flooded with thoughts and emotions, Penelope slowly turned herself back towards the apartment. She went to knock but couldn’t get herself to do it, knowing she would just be going home alone so she sat along the stoop and hugged Roxie who welcomed the additional attention.

“hHH’RSHHHAA!” Luke sneezed into another clump of toilet paper for what felt like the millionth time and looked mournfully at the now half empty roll. At least the pressure in his head was easing up a little. He missed Roxie but was grateful she was getting some exercise. Wait, shouldn’t they be back by now? He looked up at the clock, triggering another wet sneeze that he buried into the clump of paper still held in his hand before balling it into the trash. Slowly he eased his way to the door and was surprised to see Penelope seated with Roxie. Neither looked hurt and he was sure he would have heard a knock.

Opening the door allowed the cool breeze to rush past him. It made Luke shiver and cough. Roxie looked up and trotted to him but Penelope didn’t move. He edged closer and heard her breath hitch. Was she crying? Slowly Luke lowered himself down so he was seated next to Penelope who just turned her head away and wiped at her face with her sleeve.

“I’m sorry I was so rude earlier.” Luke apologized. He wasn’t sure if that was the correct answer but it felt like the right thing to say.

Penelope still wouldn’t look at him but when she looked straight ahead he could see her red tear stained cheek which indicated she had probably been crying for awhile.

“Have you ever thought that maybe it’s not just about you Newbie?” Her voice was tight and angry and another tear leaked down her face.

Luke chuckled a little trying not to cough while he pulled his sleeve up to wipe her tear away, “I’m an idiot conceited guy, of course it has to be about me.”

His joking made her crack a smile and Roxie licked at her face.

“Now why don’t we heh exc-excuse be,” Luke turned to the side and sneezed openly towards the stair, “HRSHHH! Why dod’t we go in where it’s warb?”

“Okay.”Penelope wiped her eyes and grabbed her stuff. “Bless you.”

“Thang you,” Luke sniffed against the back of his wrist keeping it pressed to his nose while he opened the door and followed the girls inside.  

4 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

“Have you ever thought that maybe it’s not just about you Newbie?” Her voice was tight and angry and another tear leaked down her face.

Luke chuckled a little trying not to cough while he pulled his sleeve up to wipe her tear away, “I’m an idiot conceited guy, of course it has to be about me.”

His joking made her crack a smile and Roxie licked at her face.

“Now why don’t we heh exc-excuse be,” Luke turned to the side and sneezed openly towards the stair, “HRSHHH! Why dod’t we go in where it’s warb?”

“Okay.”Penelope wiped her eyes and grabbed her stuff. “Bless you.”

“Thang you,” Luke sniffed against the back of his wrist keeping it pressed to his nose while he opened the door and followed the girls inside.  

Aww Penelope getting all emotional over Luke pushing her away is too cute! I can’t wait to see where things are gonna go after she goes inside with him where it’s “warb”. Seriously these two are adorable together and you write them so well!

I love this. I always liked their pairing and was kind of sad Luke found a girlfriend.

You write the characters well and I love the congested speech! The interrupted talking is always awesome.

Edited by ReidSeeker
It's late

I had never really thought of them as a pairing before this but I am enjoying writing them. Thank you for the encouraging comments and it's nice to get to know what other people's favorite bits are. This is another relatively short but sappy bit and sorry about no update yesterday, I have a migraine that has been kicking my butt. 

Part 4 (I think)

Inside, Luke unhooked Roxie one handed and hung up the leash while still keeping his other hand pressed to his face. Roxie jumped up on a recliner and settled down to watch as Penelope rolled her bag in and set the tea on the coffee table which held a few wads of toilet paper Luke must have deemed reusable.

“Sorry about the bess, I’b kide of disgusding right dow.”

Pulling a tissue box out of her bag Penelope handed Luke a couple, “I’ve seen a lot of disgusting things through this job and you are not one of them… sick or not.”

Luke blushed, although it could have been from the compliment or embarrassment at the sound he knew would be coming from his nose. As he emptied his nostrils one by one he could feel his sinuses open up a little and felt like he could maybe pronounce words again.

“Better?”

“Yes, sorry... and sorry for shutting you out earlier. I am a stupid stupid man who thinks he can fend for himself with toilet paper and is obviously an idiot because those are amazing.” He pointed appreciatively to the tissue box on the table.

“If you don’t want me to stay I don’t have to.” She looked at the ground when she said it and Luke could hear the hurt in her voice even though she was clearly trying… and failing… to mask it.

“Hey, come here,” Luke sat on the couch and motioned for Penelope to take a seat, “what’s going on?” His voice was soft, welcoming yet tentative, as if he was being careful not to scare her away.

“I,” she had just started opening up when Luke put a finger up to stop her.

“Just a mo-moment, h’ITSCH, TSCH, heh I’TSCH, huh,” he tried to stifle the sneezes to the side but it certainly wasn’t helping the itch.

“Here.”

Luke looked up with teary eyes and took the proffered tissues.

“hih H’RSCHHuh h’MPSHHHHHhh!” he finished off by blowing his nose into the tissues and seemed done for the moment although his nose was still twitching slightly.

“Bless you.”

“Sorry, thanks. You were saying?”

“I… it’s nothing.” Penelope said hurriedly as she started unpacking the cough drops. She reached in to grab the soup next but Luke put a hand on her arm.

“I don’t have to be a profiler to know it’s not nothing.” If she had been willing to look into Luke’s eyes she would have seen compassion. Instead she kept her face averted but pulled her arm back from the bag.

“I… I just want to feel safe again.”

“You do realize we have surveillance people on us 24/7.” It seemed logical when he said it but it took less than a second for him to realize that wasn’t the best response. As Penelope lifted her face he could see tears well up, which began to overflow as soon as words came pouring from her mouth.

“I know and I know it’s stupid and I know it’s not rational. Standing outside your door in the open I still felt more safe than I do in my own house and…” by that point Luke was already taking action and had pulled her into him.

“Shhhh, it’s okay,” he could feel her tears start to soak through near his shoulder but he only hugged her tighter. “It’s going to be okay. I’m right here, you ARE safe here and you can stay however long you like.”

Her breathing started to calm a little bit so Luke rubbed his hand along her back and kissed the top of her head.

When she was ready to look back at him he grabbed a tissue and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

“Only caveat is you don’t get to blame me for getting you sick... and you have to show me what else you brought you amazing and wonderful woman.

43 minutes ago, ickydog2006 said:

“Shhhh, it’s okay,” he could feel her tears start to soak through near his shoulder but he only hugged her tighter. “It’s going to be okay. I’m right here, you ARE safe here and you can stay however long you like.”

Her breathing started to calm a little bit so Luke rubbed his hand along her back and kissed the top of her head.

This part was so sweet of him trying to comfort her and everything I love it! 

44 minutes ago, ickydog2006 said:

“Only caveat is you don’t get to blame me for getting you sick... and you have to show me what else you brought you amazing and wonderful woman.

Ahhhh I love this bit a little too much. If you’re interested I would love to see them reverse roles and him being the caretaker if he gets her sick...

(Also I hope you feel better soon❤️)

10 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

I had never really thought of them as a pairing before this but I am enjoying writing them.

They are the only pair I really shipped in this show. No idea why, maybe the rough beginning for the two. I just thought they played off each other so well, I was almost surprised they weren't going to get together. 

10 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

Sorry about the bess, I’b kide of disgusding right dow.

Excellent congestion and I feel so mean lol cause I love it

11 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

Yes, sorry... and sorry for shutting you out earlier. I am a stupid stupid man who thinks he can fend for himself with toilet paper and is obviously an idiot because those are amazing.” He pointed appreciatively to the tissue box on the table.

I always like when they show appreciation for real tissues.  🤷‍♀️

I… I just want to feel safe again.”

Poor Penelope!

Shhhh, it’s okay,” he could feel her tears start to soak through near his shoulder but he only hugged her tighter. “It’s going to be okay. I’m right here, you ARE safe here and you can stay however long you like.”

So sweet

Only caveat is you don’t get to blame me for getting you sick... and you have to show me what else you brought you amazing and wonderful woman.

Ha I like this...

I hope there is more :) and I hope you are feeling better 

Thank you so much ReidSeeker and raine. I'm very glad you are enjoying this. I'm trying to stick to daily updates, even if they are short. So far it is still friendship fluff. Do you want it to turn into relationship fluff or keep it how it is? This part has more sneezing, congested talk, and mess. If there's anything that is a particular turn off or turn on that you would like me to add feel free to make suggestions or requests. 

Part 5

As Penelope proceeded with show and tell she noticed Luke take a blanket from the arm of the couch and curl it around himself.

“You feel cold?”

“It’s not too bad.” He seemed to believe what he said but Penelope could see sweat dot his brow so she reached over and placed the back of her hand against his forehead.

The touch was cool and he leaned into it.

“You have a fever. When’s the last time you took your temperature?” She looked around in case she had just missed seeing a thermometer.

“Shoot!”

Penelope was surprised by the sudden outburst and jerked slightly.

“Sorry,” Luke reached his hand out to help ground his friend while he continued on, “I’m supposed to be checking that a couple times a day and need to text Prentiss.” He moved to stand but Penelope moved closer blocking his way.

“I’ll get it if you tell me where it is.”

“Should be one in the –heh- bathroom mirror cabinet.” Luke scrubbed at his nose.

Penelope thought about asking which way the bathroom was since it was her first time here, but the apartment seemed small enough. Before leaving on her search and retrieve mission she grabbed a couple tissues from the box and pushed them into Luke’s blanket covered hand.

Ugh, his nose itched. Luke barely noticed the tissues as he scrubbed at his nose. His breath hitched a little and he pressed the tissues and blanket to his nose which relaxed momentarily at the pressure. However, as soon as he moved his hand away his breath caught again. Looking up at the light he just heard Penelope yell from down the hall, “Found it,” before his head crashed down into the tissues.

“hmPFSHHH, hr’ESHHOOO, h’ngxt, Hhr’SHHHUH!”

“Bless you.”

Luke looked up through watery eyes to see Penelope standing over him with thermometer in hand.

“Excuse be. Thagk you.” He sniffedand scrubbed at his nose with the drenched ball and threw it into the trash before reaching a hand out from his blanket and grabbing another tissue to blow.

Penelope smiled and waited patiently for Luke to clean himself up. He was adorable with his hair sticking up every which way, pinkish nose, and teary eyes. She didn’t even mind the mucous that glistened along the edge of his reddened nostril before he took the tissues to blow.

“Ready?” She held out the old fashioned under the tongue thermometer. If she had thought this was all he had she probably would have brought her much faster digital ear one.

“Hope so.” Luke placed the tip under his tongue and waited for the beep. It was difficult breathing through his nose because it reignited the tickle and he rubbed at it. Finally he had no choice but to pinch his nose and try holding his breath.

“Just a few more seconds.” Penelope tried to encourage, but it was no use. Luke barely managed to stifle two sneezes while keeping the thermometer in his mouth but then as his body took an involuntary large breath, the device toppled onto his lap, before he sneezed loudly towards his lap spraying a large area.

“I ab sooo sorry.” Luke flushed with embarrassment as he covered the lower portion of his face which was now dripping with snot.

“Goodness, BLESS you.” Penelope grabbed the tissues and handed Luke a few before using one to pick up the spray covered thermometer still resting on his lap.

“You probably should’t touch thad,” Luke looked on embarrassedly but was surprised to see Penelope mostly unphased by the incident.

“If I’m going to get sick I’m going to get sick, don’t worry about it. By the way,” she looked at the thermometer and it beeped as she cleared it, “100.1, probably a little higher but not much.”

“Thangs, can you text Prentiss and let her know… and dell her your stayig over if thad’s still okay wid you. I’b going…”

“To get cleaned up, probably a good idea.” Penelope gave him a brief look of sympathy before turning away to give Luke a little privacy. She didn’t mind seeing him a mess but if she was covered in obvious droplets of mucous she probably wouldn’t want anyone staring at her either.

Roxie hopped off her chair where she had lazily watched everything unfold and followed her master into the bathroom and bedroom while Penelope updated their boss and made the living area a little more inviting.

1 hour ago, ickydog2006 said:

As Penelope proceeded with show and tell she noticed Luke take a blanket from the arm of the couch and curl it around himself.

“You feel cold?”

“It’s not too bad.” He seemed to believe what he said but Penelope could see sweat dot his brow so she reached over and placed the back of her hand against his forehead.

“You have a fever. When’s the last time you took your temperature?”

OH MY GOSH THIS PART😍 

Luke placed the tip under his tongue and waited for the beep. It was difficult breathing through his nose because it reignited the tickle and he rubbed at it. Finally he had no choice but to pinch his nose and try holding his breath.

“Just a few more seconds.” Penelope tried to encourage, but it was no use. Luke barely managed to stifle two sneezes while keeping the thermometer in his mouth but then as his body took an involuntary large breath, the device toppled onto his lap, before he sneezed loudly towards his lap spraying a large area.

Everything about this is amazing wow! The bit where he literally had to pinch his nose to stop himself from sneezing while he was taking his temperature was something i’ve never even imagined but wow I’m definitely into that. 

“Goodness, BLESS you.” Penelope grabbed the tissues and handed Luke a few before using one to pick up the spray covered thermometer still resting on his lap.

“You probably should’t touch thad,” Luke looked on embarrassedly but was surprised to see Penelope mostly unphased by the incident.

“If I’m going to get sick I’m going to get sick, don’t worry about it.”

Aww I love the congestion and how concerned he is about her getting sick and her not minding at all is just so precious! 

If you want to keep writing their relationship as just friends I’m really enjoying it so far but IF you were considering adding a bit of cutesy romance I would definitely be into that...

Do you want it to turn into relationship fluff or keep it how it is? This part has more sneezing, congested talk, and mess. If there's anything that is a particular turn off or turn on that you would like me to add feel free to make suggestions or requests. 

This is @raine's story; I don't want to horn in, I'm just enjoying :)

It’s not too bad.” He seemed to believe what he said but Penelope could see sweat dot his brow so she reached over and placed the back of her hand against his forehead.

“You have a fever. When’s the last time you took your temperature?” She looked around in case she had just missed seeing a thermometer.

That being said -- yay, fever! 

Penelope smiled and waited patiently for Luke to clean himself up. He was adorable with his hair sticking up every which way, pinkish nose, and teary eyes

Aw he would be so adorable!

Luke barely managed to stifle two sneezes while keeping the thermometer in his mouth but then as his body took an involuntary large breath, the device toppled onto his lap, before he sneezed loudly towards his lap spraying a large area.

“I ab sooo sorry.” Luke flushed with embarrassment as he covered the lower portion of his face which was now dripping with snot.

This is just...it's funny and I really liked it

12 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

If I’m going to get sick I’m going to get sick, don’t worry about it. By the way,” she looked at the thermometer and it beeped as she cleared it, “100.1, probably a little higher but not much.”

Yeah, at this rate, she can't avoid all the germs he's sneezing everywhere  :sneeze:

12 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

Roxie hopped off her chair where she had lazily watched everything unfold and followed her master into the bathroom and bedroom 

Aw Roxie making sure daddy is ok

Took the weekend off but now I'm back with some more inside thoughts, playful banter, and caretaking fluff from our characters. Hope you enjoy.

Luke let Roxie into the bathroom with him and closed the door. He hadn’t realized how much he took for granted his naturally good looks. His nose was running and he grabbed a bunch of toilet paper to see if he could properly clear it. How could one nose produce so much gunk? And now his nose was even more red and chapped; note to self –get real tissues for the bathroom. He tried to ignore the drips of mucous on his shirt, clearly visible darkening the light gray tee, from the predicament earlier. Luke tried to think back to the last time he felt this bad. Must have been in his military days when he caught the flu from a friend and bunk mate. Was he disgusted with other people when they got sick? Not really, so why did he care so much about other people seeing him like this? Garcia always looked so put together and perfect… except today. She was still gorgeous as ever but he would have realized something was off sooner had he not been so focused on himself and actually bothered to stick his head out the door when she first arrived. He’d like to say it was him trying to protect her from getting sick, but inwardly Luke knew it was more about his pride. Come on, get yourself together man. Wetting a washcloth, Luke tried to clear his thoughts away and focus on the task at hand, to feel slightly presentable. Roxie seemingly gave up on him and curled herself in the corner on the floor until he opened the door.

Penelope had just finished texting Emily when she heard gurgling blows muffled behind the bathroom door. She wasn’t too fond of the prospect of probably catching this, but she’d rather that than be at home alone. She had never really cared about being around someone sick anyways, if anything it made her feel useful and gave her caring nature something to focus on. She liked feeling wanted and helpful, and getting those feelings from being around Luke gave her this intense feeling of butterflies inside her. The sound of water running brought her mind back to the present and Penelope cleared the table of debris and filled some mugs with tea. A door opened and she could see out of the corner of her eye Roxie and Luke head for what she assumed was the bedroom.

What to wear what to wear? “H’RSHHH!” Now where did he keep handkerchiefs. Luke could have sworn he had a few bigger ones somewhere, but he did find a couple smaller white handkerchiefs stored in the back of his underwear drawer. “eh h’ETSHHHH, ep’TSHHHH, eK’TSHHHH!” And this would be why he was partial to tissues, only a few sneezes in and the handkerchief felt soaked. Burying his nose in the cloth anyways he filled it to capacity and tossed it in the laundry bin before changing sweat pants and shoving another white square into his pocket. Now for shirt… brown eyes settled on a multi-toned dark grey t-shirt that Luke hoped would be good camouflage for any other untimely sneezes. In fresh clothes he felt a little more human although he could feel his sinuses already starting to fill again.

Soup cans set down in the kitchen, Penelope wondered if she should start heating some up. She heard sneezing from the bedroom and thought about calling out a blessing but decided Luke might like to feel as if there was some semblance of privacy somewhere. She’d ask about soup when he came out. Back in the living room she had just picked out a movie when Luke emerged in new clothes, Roxie following dutifully behind him until she abandoned post for the comfort of the chair.

“Thanks for cleaning up, you know you didn’t have to.” Luke slumped down on the couch.

“I know. Do you want any soup? I was thinking maybe relax and watch a movie?” Penelope held up a dvd case and Luke sighed in relief. Normally people assumed since he was a guy who had been in the military that he would like war/action films. Yes action was okay especially if heavily exaggerated, but he had his fill of war; so he was grateful when he saw the case of a romantic comedy.

“I’m not really hungry yet. Maybe movie and then takeout and save the soup for dinner.” Suddenly Luke’s eyes lit up and his voice although still scratchy got more playful, “And movie would be wonderful, especially now that I have my own personal techie at my service to run the dvd player.”

“Newbie.” Penelope lightly smacked Luke’s shoulder with the case eliciting a feigned hurt look from her friend before putting the movie in and settling back on the couch.

Just a few seconds into the first scene and Luke noticed Penelope’s eyes start to slide shut.

“I’m not tired right now, but you can lay down if you want.” Luke opened his arms out.

“You sure?” Penelope looked apprehensive but didn’t argue as a warm arm guided her to a better resting position with her head on Luke’s lap.

“Relax, I’m sure I’ll think of ways to put you to work later.” She could hear the smile in his voice as he helped her pull the pink fluffy blanket she brought around herself. His muscles tensed as he reached forward and moved the tissue box to the arm of the couch for easier reach.

The movie continued to play and she could feel his body move beneath her when a part was particularly funny and he’d softly chuckle, usually turning into a muffled cough. Occasionally Penelope would find herself rubbing Luke’s leg comfortingly when he momentarily struggled to catch his breath and when his muscle movement became rhythmic once again he would reach a hand down and return the affection by softly petting her, his fingers effortlessly gliding along her hair.

Halfway through the movie Penelope was completely asleep. Up until this point Luke’s nose had mostly cooperated. Sure it was running the entire time but that was easy enough to wipe away. Now the tickle was turning into a prickly burning sensation. Luke tried to rub it and hold it off for as long as possible. He could tell that Penelope needed sleep and she was right when she had said this wasn’t just about him. His breath would hitch and he would pinch and scrub at his nose while trying to watch for any signs of his friend waking. Despite his body’s irregular jerking, soft snores continued to come from near his lap. Knowing the inevitable was coming near, Luke managed to slip the handkerchief from his pocket and pressed it against his nose and mouth.

“m’PSHHHHH, heh  s-sor hih sorry hr’SHHHHuh, h’SHHHH…. H’TSHHHuuh!” His body rocked with each sneeze and Luke was surprised it didn’t disturb Penelope more since he could feel her bounced by his clenching muscles. Instead she gently pushed into him and murmured a “bless you” before nuzzling against him.

He blew his nose into tissues so as not to completely use up his sole handkerchief and by the time he apologized again the only response was quiet snores.

Luke let Roxie into the bathroom with him and closed the door. He hadn’t realized how much he took for granted his naturally good looks.

This is so accurate honestly he always looks so good and I bet he would be the person to get all self-conscious when they don’t look their best. 

2 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

Was he disgusted with other people when they got sick? Not really, so why did he care so much about other people seeing him like this? Garcia always looked so put together and perfect… except today. She was still gorgeous as ever but he would have realized something was off sooner had he not been so focused on himself and actually bothered to stick his head out the door when she first arrived.

Aww this is really cute to me how he doesn’t want Penelope to see him like this. Also I’m curious to see what’s up with Garcia...

Now for shirt… brown eyes settled on a multi-toned dark grey t-shirt that Luke hoped would be good camouflage for any other untimely sneezes. In fresh clothes he felt a little more human although he could feel his sinuses already starting to fill again.

Hahaha he strategically picked out a shirt to hide any potentially messy sneezes😂

Just a few seconds into the first scene and Luke noticed Penelope’s eyes start to slide shut.

“I’m not tired right now, but you can lay down if you want.” Luke opened his arms out.

“You sure?” Penelope looked apprehensive but didn’t argue as a warm arm guided her to a better resting position with her head on Luke’s lap.

“Relax, I’m sure I’ll think of ways to put you to work later.” She could hear the smile in his voice as he helped her pull the pink fluffy blanket she brought around herself.

This part was perfection like yes PLEASE! I think it’s so cute how he’s the one that’s sick but he still is concerned about her because she’s not quite 100%. 

Luke tried to rub it and hold it off for as long as possible. He could tell that Penelope needed sleep and she was right when she had said this wasn’t just about him. His breath would hitch and he would pinch and scrub at his nose while trying to watch for any signs of his friend waking. Despite his body’s irregular jerking, soft snores continued to come from near his lap. Knowing the inevitable was coming near, Luke managed to slip the handkerchief from his pocket and pressed it against his nose and mouth.

“m’PSHHHHH, heh  s-sor hih sorry hr’SHHHHuh, h’SHHHH…. H’TSHHHuuh!” His body rocked with each sneeze and Luke was surprised it didn’t disturb Penelope more since he could feel her bounced by his clenching muscles. Instead she gently pushed into him and murmured a “bless you” before nuzzling against him.

YES YES YES I LOVE THIS

OMG this so CUTE!!!!!

*Calms from squealing*

9 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

Garcia always looked so put together and perfect… except today. She was still gorgeous as ever but he would have realized something was off sooner had he not been so focused on himself and actually bothered to stick his head out the door when she first arrived

Aw :wub:

She liked feeling wanted and helpful, and getting those feelings from being around Luke gave her this intense feeling of butterflies inside her.

😍

Aw she finally feels safe enough to sleep. And he lays her on his lap. So cute!

His breath would hitch and he would pinch and scrub at his nose while trying to watch for any signs of his friend waking. Despite his body’s irregular jerking, soft snores continued to come from near his lap.

He's trying so hard, it's sweet. And I love the hitching 

6 hours ago, raine said:

m’PSHHHHH, heh  s-sor hih sorry hr’SHHHHuh, h’SHHHH…. H’TSHHHuuh!” His body rocked with each sneeze and Luke was surprised it didn’t disturb Penelope more since he could feel her bounced by his clenching muscles. Instead she gently pushed into him and murmured a “bless you” before nuzzling against him.

So sweet! Haha as I've said, but it's exactly what this is. I really liked this 

Yay! More caretaking cuteness coming your way. You have no idea how much your comments mean to me and inspire me. 

Part 6

The movie ended and Penelope was still softly snoring through the credits. Thankful for technology, Luke ordered some Chinese takeout with his phone and leaned back comfortably closing his eyes listening to Penelope breathe in and out. It was calming and he realized how nice it was to not be alone while he drifted off.

The doorbell rang and everyone jerked awake, including Roxie. She didn’t bark but she did walk to the door with Penelope while Luke was stuck in a coughing fit from being startled.

A clean cut Asian man was standing with bags in hand, “Ahhh, now I see why he ordered something beyond his usual.”

Penelope smiled realizing Luke must have ordered food while she was asleep.

“Sorry, you probably want money.” Garcia turned to go grab her purse before the man interrupted.

“No no, he paid online, including delivery and tip.” He stretched the bags out, “Tell Mr. Alvez I hope he feels better.” They both winced as the coughing became a little more aggressive and chesty.

“Thank you.”

Returning to the couch with food, Penelope assessed Luke. His face had acquired more of a pinkish hue and was slightly damp along his forehead. He was balling up a tissue that he pulled away from his face and she was pretty sure he had cleared some stuff from his lungs, but the task clearly took a lot out of him. As she set the bags down Luke tried to reach for one and Penelope smacked his hand lightly.

“Nuh uh. Temperature first.”

Luke scowled a little but obediently picked the little stick up and put it in his mouth. After the beep he looked at it defeatedly.

“101.3”

“You sure you are up with food?”

“Yeah.” His voice was raspy but confident.

“Okay, I’m going to grab a cool washcloth for the back of your neck, see if we can get the fever down a little and it’s time for more meds.”

While Penelope grabbed supplies Luke arranged the food out. He knew Penelope liked Chinese takeout because he had seen the containers in her trash but he wasn’t sure what her favorite was so he got a couple sample platters.  Then he graciously took the pills with some water she had retrieved and let her slide the cool cloth along his brow before placing it along his neck. Afterwards they ate in companiable silence. It felt a little awkward but after the coughing earlier Luke wasn’t really up for talking and although he was enjoying some of the spicier options of food, the spice made his nose run so he was almost constantly wiping or lightly blowing it.

“You okay, ready for me to put food away?” Penelope asked after seeing Luke spacing out.

“Yeah, guess I’m pretty tired.” Luke rubbed at his face.

“Why don’t you go nap and I’ll put this away and take Roxie to the dog park. Is that why you picked out this area to live, the dog park?” Penelope gathered the food condensing it into the smallest containers.

“That and the running trails.” Luke smiled, “You know I can help?”

“Can and should are two very different things mister; now get me a key so I can lock up behind me and scoot yourself back to bed.”

Luke thought of slinking under the covers of his nice warm bed and sighed happily.

“Okay, but as soon as I feel up to it I’m taking you out to a real dinner, deal?”

Penelope felt her heart flutter even though it was probably just going to be an outing as friends.

“Deal.”

Roxie trotted playfully beside Penelope on the way home from the dog park.

“Well, I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Penelope rubbed at her arms trying to warm them up slightly. If anything it had gotten colder since that morning and she hadn’t brought a real coat.

The door unlocked with ease and Penelope hung up Roxie’s leash before following her to the bedroom door which was slightly open. As Roxie leaped to the bed Luke grumbled a bit and rolled over, sleepily wiping some drool from near his mouth. Penelope cracked a smile while she watched and gently closed the door leaving the two to get some rest.

“No down the left corridor and through the second door.” Penelope spoke into her headset as she heard the hallway door open. Quickly pressing a button she moved the mic away from her face. “Sorry, did I wake you?”

Luke shook his head no and sat down grabbing some tissues. “h’RSHHHHuh!”

“Bless you.”

“Th-than eh’TSHHHH EK’tSHHHHH,” Luke’s face remained scrunched up as he managed to grab more tissues, “en’GTXT thag you.”

He blew his nose but Penelope could still see his nostrils twitching wildly as he tried to control his breathing and she handed him more tissues before bringing her mic back down to her face, “Yeah, sorry, just a sec.”

Luke tilted his face back and blinked his eyes before slamming his nose into the tissues, “huh’TSHJHHhhhh!”

“Bless you.”

“Mnnnnn,” Luke moaned as he tossed the tissues in the trash and pressed his forehead against Penelope’s shoulder.

“Awwww sweetie, is there anything I can do? I can get off of here.” She looked back at her laptop screen.

“No, that’s fine, you play. I’ll just listen.”

Penelope scooted over on the couch as Luke curled into a ball next to her.

“Here,” she took his blanket he had left out and covered him with it before feeling his forehead.

“At least your fever is down,” Penelope quietly consoled.

Luke grunted as a response and pressed his head into her leg.

“You sure you okay with me playing?”

“Yeah, do you need my internet password?” The words were mumbled but easy enough to understand.

“Oh gorgeous, have you forgotten who you are talking to? By the way, you really should get a Pi-hole.” Her smiling voice would have been contagious if he wasn’t feeling so retched.

“A pie-what?”

“Never mind Newbie,” Penelope rolled her eyes, “get some rest and let me know if there is anything I can do.” With that she slipped back into TeamSpeak, “Yeah, I’m in…”  

5 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

The doorbell rang and everyone jerked awake, including Roxie. She didn’t bark but she did walk to the door with Penelope while Luke was stuck in a coughing fit from being startled.

Omg I can so picture this poor Luke 

As she set the bags down Luke tried to reach for one and Penelope smacked his hand lightly.

“Nuh uh. Temperature first.”

Luke scowled a little but obediently picked the little stick up and put it in his mouth. After the beep he looked at it defeatedly.

“101.3”

“You sure you are up with food?”

“Yeah.” His voice was raspy but confident.

I love how playful yet caring Penelope is with him. She is such a mom!

“Okay, but as soon as I feel up to it I’m taking you out to a real dinner, deal?”

Penelope felt her heart flutter even though it was probably just going to be an outing as friends.

“Deal.”

SO CUTE!!! I love the idea of them being a couple so much omg why can’t the show writers give me this one thing! 

Luke tilted his face back and blinked his eyes before slamming his nose into the tissues, “huh’TSHJHHhhhh!”

“Bless you.”

“Mnnnnn,” Luke moaned as he tossed the tissues in the trash and pressed his forehead against Penelope’s shoulder.

“Awwww sweetie, is there anything I can do? I can get off of here.” She looked back at her laptop screen.

“No, that’s fine, you play. I’ll just listen.”

Penelope scooted over on the couch as Luke curled into a ball next to her.

“Here,” she took his blanket he had left out and covered him with it before feeling his forehead.

“At least your fever is down,” Penelope quietly consoled.

He sounds so miserable poor thing! 

“Yeah, do you need my internet password?” The words were mumbled but easy enough to understand.

“Oh gorgeous, have you forgotten who you are talking to? By the way, you really should get a Pi-hole.” Her smiling voice would have been contagious if he wasn’t feeling so retched.

“A pie-what?”

“Never mind Newbie,”

The newbie comments will never get old I love the relationship between Luke and Penelope so much you seriously don’t even know. 

Sorry no update yesterday, but here is some more fever and fluff to entertain you.

The game was somewhat interesting and Luke found himself dipping in and out of sleep while listening to Penelope’s voice.

“Hey.”

Luke felt his shoulder being jostled but remained mostly unconscious.

“Hey.”

Oh that felt nice, the feeling of cold on his forehead permeated his sleepy haze.

“I know you need sleep but…”

Luke cracked open an eye and saw Penelope sitting on the edge of the coffee table. He wondered when she had gotten up.

“Did you hear me?”

He looked back in confusion.

“Your fever is back up, time for meds.” She held out a pill and a water cup with a straw.

When did that get there? He took the pill and swallowed, wincing as it went down.

“Sore throat?”

Her voice was soft and beautiful and Luke had trouble focusing on the individual words.

“Keep this under your tongue.”

Luke felt a familiar stick go into his mouth and he instinctively moved it so his tongue rested on it.

“One oh two point eight (102.8). I think it’s time to head to the hospital.”

Hospital got his attention and Luke’s eyes bolted wide open. “Not 103 yet.”

Penelope regretted giving him the water before taking his temperature. Prentiss told her to take him in if his temperature was 103. She knew she could call their boss and get a direct order from her to take him in but that felt under handed. A warm hand reached out and touched her arm startling her from her thoughts.

“I’ll be fide. Just give the bills a chance do work.”

Glaring, Penelope handed Luke a tissue and he blew his nose before sneezing wetly into the paper.

“Bless you.” Her face still clearly showed her displeasure with the situation and her stomach growled.

“Thank you. How about you make soup?” Luke gave the best puppy dog eyes he could.

“Trying to change the subject, nice try.” Still angry.

“You’re hungry, I’m a little hungry and if my temp hasn’t come down some by the time the soup is finished I will let you take me in.”

That seemed to diffuse some of the tension and Penelope slowly got up and gave him one last glare before heading to the kitchen.

Luke closed his eyes willing the world to stop moving and felt something cold against his nose. When he opened them Roxie was staring back at him.

“Yeah, dad’s not doing very good. But don’t you worry. We are going to get by with a little help from our friend.” Roxie licked his face and then he felt the couch move as she settled herself on his legs.

“Soups ready,” Penelope stood in front of Luke but instead of handing him the bowl she handed him the thermometer, “and no cheating.”

“Me… I would never.” Luke grinned mischievously and Penelope smiled. He was looking much better.

The beep came and Luke sat up, while Roxie huffed and hopped off returning to her chair.

“One oh two (102). Fine you are safe for now. Want soup?” She was satisfied and was about to hand him the soup when he held up his finger.

“Sor-sorry he’ISHHH, iT’SHHHh,eHP’TCHH!” Luke did his best to contain the mess in his elbow but was only partially successful.

“Here, bless you.” Penelope put the soup on the table and handed Luke a few tissues.

“Thank you,” finally getting a little less embarrassed about being such a mess he paused to blow his nose and wipe his arm, “and thank you for the soup. You’ve been amazing.”

Penelope tried not to melt from the look he gave her and pushed her feelings aside by resorting to humor, “Your welcome. Now scoot your butt over; I’m hungry too.”

After they finished eating Penelope made Luke check his temperature again which was thankfully at a steady decline. He even got up and fed Roxie while Penelope cleaned up the kitchen.

“What do you want to do now?” Penelope questioned as she followed Luke to the living room where he slumped down on the couch.

“Do you care if I watch you play your game more for a little while?”

“Sure, want me to run the sound through the tv so you can hear the other players?”

“Naw, I just like watching the game and listening to you.”

Penelope blushed a little and turned away while she set things up hopeful he wouldn’t notice.

Even though he wasn’t playing, Penelope enjoyed having Luke at her side. He even helped some, pointing out the occasional trap or bobble she had missed. Eventually though he started yawning a bit and his eyes would blink closed for a few seconds.

“Why don’t I take a break and take Roxie out and then you can go get some sleep?”

“Okay,” Luke figured he’d broach the subject of where Penelope would sleep when the girls returned. Roxie didn’t move much when Penelope stood but as soon as she headed for the leash, the dog was up and wagging happily.  

“It is freezing out there.” Penelope chattered as she returned inside with Roxie tight on her heels.

Luke stood and grabbed a tissue as the cold breeze hit him, holding onto the couch for support as his body rocked forward, “he’MPFSHH,heE’SHHOOOOo!”

“Bless you.” Penelope rubbed her hands together before she took off Roxie’s leash and looked up just in time to see Luke standing at her side, pink blanket in hand.

Luke wrapped the cover around her giving her a tight squeeze as he did so. “You should have told me how cold it was. I would have given you more clothes.”

“Apparently common sense isn’t always my strong suit,” Penelope cuddled into his warm embrace.

Luke let his head rest on hers for a moment before speaking up, “How about I make us some tea?”

“Isn’t that supposed to be my job,” mumbled Penelope, head still against Luke’s shoulder soaking up all the warmth she could get.

“Maybe you could let me do it… this one time… just while you warm up at least.”

“Just this once.” Penelope smiled up at Luke before he pulled away while she curled her legs up underneath her on the couch.

14 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

Luke cracked open an eye and saw Penelope sitting on the edge of the coffee table. He wondered when she had gotten up.

“Did you hear me?”

He looked back in confusion.

“Your fever is back up, time for meds.” She held out a pill and a water cup with a straw.

When did that get there? He took the pill and swallowed, wincing as it went down.

Ooo fever with confusion/haziness.. loooove

Her voice was soft and beautiful and Luke had trouble focusing on the individual words.

Yep

What do you want to do now?” Penelope questioned as she followed Luke to the living room where he slumped down on the couch.

“Do you care if I watch you play your game more for a little while?”

Cute!

Penelope rubbed her hands together before she took off Roxie’s leash and looked up just in time to see Luke standing at her side, pink blanket in hand.

Luke wrapped the cover around her giving her a tight squeeze as he did so. “You should have told me how cold it was. I would have given you more clothes

Cuuuuute! Ah I just love them and this. Making me so happy

On 6/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, ickydog2006 said:

“Keep this under your tongue.”

Luke felt a familiar stick go into his mouth and he instinctively moved it so his tongue rested on it.

“One oh two point eight (102.8). I think it’s time to head to the hospital.”

Hospital got his attention and Luke’s eyes bolted wide open. “Not 103 yet.”

Sorry I’m just now seeing this, life got pretty busy for a minute there😬

I really love when she makes him take his temperature it’s hella cute. 

Luke closed his eyes willing the world to stop moving and felt something cold against his nose. When he opened them Roxie was staring back at him.

“Yeah, dad’s not doing very good. But don’t you worry. We are going to get by with a little help from our friend.” Roxie licked his face and then he felt the couch move as she settled herself on his legs.

Aww this is adorable! The way he talks to Roxie about himself not feeling well and about how Garcia was taking good care of him is just the cutest!

“Sor-sorry he’ISHHH, iT’SHHHh,eHP’TCHH!” Luke did his best to contain the mess in his elbow but was only partially successful.

“Here, bless you.” Penelope put the soup on the table and handed Luke a few tissues.

“Thank you,” finally getting a little less embarrassed about being such a mess he paused to blow his nose and wipe his arm, “and thank you for the soup. You’ve been amazing.”

Penelope tried not to melt from the look he gave her and pushed her feelings aside by resorting to humor, “Your welcome. Now scoot your butt over; I’m hungry too.”

Yes please!!! Everything about this is perfect!

“It is freezing out there.” Penelope chattered as she returned inside with Roxie tight on her heels.

Luke stood and grabbed a tissue as the cold breeze hit him, holding onto the couch for support as his body rocked forward, “he’MPFSHH,heE’SHHOOOOo!”

Temperature changes triggering sneezes? Please and thank you!

This is super freaking cute I’m loving it so far!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I abandoned ship. Working on priorities, then got sick, then vacation, then hubby put inpatient for PTSD. Basically life has been a roller coaster and I'm really sorry. Hopefully this next bit helps aid my apology. 

“Here, I turned the thermostat up a little. Hopefully that will help some.”

Penelope took the mug Luke held out and took a sip. The taste was sweet with extra honey added to the already sweet passion fruit blend she had brought. Her body relaxed a little and her shoulders became less tense as Luke’s body caused the couch cushions to dip beneath her.

“Thank you.” Penelope smiled as she watched Luke take a sip of his tea. “What time is your doctor appointment tomorrow, and do you mind if I sleep on the couch?”

“Nine a.m. and you can have the bed.”

Penelope gave him the ridiculous look he had earned, “Nuh uh. You are the one that is sick. Besides, I am conveniently couch sized.”

He hadn’t thought about her height before but she was right. She had enough room, plus a little, to stretch out her entire body on the couch.

“F-fair e- eSHOOOO h’NGXTSH,” Luke sneezed into the crook of his arm trying to keep the tea steady, “excuse be.”

“Bless you. You look exhausted.” Penelope reached up and rested the back of her hand against her friend’s forehead. Definitely still a little feverish. “Why don’t you go get some sleep? Do you mind if I take a shower and I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Not at all. Extra towels are on the shelf.” Luke took his tea and Roxie followed behind him til he stopped at his room. “Garcia.”

“Yeah.”

“Thank you.”

Penelope’s heart fluttered again and she smiled back, “You’re welcome.”

Luke grunted, eyes still closed, as Roxie nudged at him with her nose.

“Go away.” Luke tried to roll over and a wet nose pushed at his lower back.

“Roxie, you are fine, go back to sleep,” was muffled from beneath a pillow as Luke rolled to his stomach.

More nudging and Luke was about to yell when he heard a strangled cry.

Grabbing his gun from beneath the right side pillow, Luke bounced up, adrenaline rushing through his veins. His lungs wanted to cough in aggravation but he held it back as he looked down the hall out his room. Luke could see something thrashing on the couch and then he remembered Penelope was in there. Quickly but cautiously he made his way to the living room and checked that it was clear before setting the gun down. Roxie had already trotted to the lump of blankets that twisted and jerked on the couch, looking helplessly as noises of panic came forth.

Luke sat down where there was a little space by Penelope’s head and coughed while resting a hand on her shoulder, pressing down firmly as her body tried to twist away. He tried to speak comfortingly but it was mostly coughing and he took a tissue and spit into it as Penelope started to come to.

“Are you okay?”

Penelope was dripping with sweat and sat while swaying dizzily and she was asking if he was okay.

“Yeah,” Luke wheezed and coughed before continuing, “you were having a nightmare.”

“I-I’m so sorry.” Penelope wiped a hand across her forehead feeling the perspiration while Roxie moved closer and rested her head in Penelope’s lap. “I’m so so sorry.”

Luke could see tears build up within her eyes and if his coughing was more in control he would have pulled her in. Instead he decided to redirect her. Resting his forehead on her shoulder he continued to cough into his hand while resting his weight against her.

“Oh sweetie, you are not okay.” Apparently the distraction worked as her breathing calmed while she rubbed a hand along his back. However, Luke’s emotions got the better of him and before he knew what was happening he felt a few tears drop as he whispered, “I don’t feel good.”

“I know. I know.” Penelope moved, dislodging Roxie. “You should be back in bed. Let me get you some water and another dose of meds.”

While Penelope was in the kitchen Luke grabbed the tissue box and barely remembered to grab his gun, sliding it into the bedside table before letting himself collapse back down.

Luke woke to a cool hand sliding across his brow.

“Come on, meds and water, then you can go right back to sleep.”

Slowly propping himself up, Luke managed to swallow the pills and a few sips of water before flopping back down and reaching out for Penelope’s arm.

“Stay.” It was whispered and sounded almost like a question.

“I’ll be fine out there. I’m sorry I woke you.”

But Luke didn’t let go and whimpered a little before coughing and finally breaking contact to cover his mouth. When he could breathe again he looked up through teary eyes. “You’re right. I dod’t want you cadching this.”

Penelope grabbed a tissue from the box Luke had tossed on the side table, “I’m not worried about getting sick. I just don’t want to make you uncomfortable.” She thought about wiping his nose for him but handed the white square to him instead.

Blowing softly, Luke’s eyes started squinting shut and his nostrils flared.

“Bless you.”

h’ITSCH, eh’TSH, H’RSHHHhh! Ngh.” Luke reached out for more tissues and Penelope moved the box closer to him. He watched her walk away as he blew his nose and his heart sank a little. Without a trash can Luke piled the tissues on the table and closed his eyes frowning.

The sound of socks sliding on the floor made Luke open his eyes again and he rolled to face the other side of the bed as Penelope walked around with her pink fuzzy blanket.

“You came back.” Luke smiled.

“You were too pathetic not to Newbie,” Penelope sunk into the bed next to him.

Luke closed his eyes and smiled and curled up a little as he pushed his head against her arm, “Totally worth it if it gets you in bed with me.”

“Yeah yeah, go to sleep Newbie,” Penelope said playfully before both fell asleep smiling.

it’SHHH, ‘tsHH.”

Penelope felt a light spray on her arm before the bed shifted next to her.

“Bless-”

ep’TSHHH eh’KTSHHuhh!”

“-You.” Penelope looked up to see Luke sitting on the edge of the bed facing away from her.

“ Soh-sorry MPSHF, N’GXST, huh…”

Sitting up, Penelope rested a hand against Luke’s back, feeling his breath hitch as he kept his nose buried in tissues. “Just let it out.”

Luke turned his head away but allowed himself to sneeze more forcefully bending at the waste, “eh’SHoooo, EHTSHUH, h’RSHHHHOOO!”

“Bless you.”

Luke blew his nose before apologizing again.

“Shhhh, you’re sick, you have nothing to apologize for.” Penelope continued to rub Luke’s back, noticing his shirt stuck there as she rubbed. “Unfortunately for you, it’s almost time for the doctor, and no sneaking any meds. I want them to get an accurate temperature.”

Her last words earned her a glare that might normally upset her, but this morning she took it in stride.

“Don’t give me that look. I’m going to go make myself look more presentable and you better be ready when I get back.” With that Penelope pranced off and Luke looked at Roxie who had been watching from the corner of the room with her tongue hanging out.

“Hey, no taking her side.”

Aaahhhhh I was halfway through a co.ment a d my phone erased it! I think my phone hates me. I'll start over :bawl:

On 7/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, ickydog2006 said:

Besides, I am conveniently couch sized.”

Ha, cute, she is!

F-fair e- eSHOOOO h’NGXTSH,” Luke sneezed into the crook of his arm trying to keep the tea steady, “excuse be.

I love the hitching/interrupted speech and I think it's obvious I enjoy congestion 

Instead he decided to redirect her. Resting his forehead on her shoulder he continued to cough into his hand while resting his weight against her.

“Oh sweetie, you are not okay.” Apparently the distraction worked as her breathing calmed while she rubbed a hand along his back. However, Luke’s emotions got the better of him and before he knew what was happening he felt a few tears drop as he whispered, “I don’t feel good.”

I have never loved Luke so much as now. He's so sweet and vulnerable. 

Stay.” It was whispered and sounded almost like a question.

Oh! :wub2:

Blowing softly, Luke’s eyes started squinting shut and his nostrils flared.

“Bless you.”

h’ITSCH, eh’TSH, H’RSHHHhh! 

I like she sees he is going to sneeze and blesses him first. I don't always like it, but it seems so perfectly in character here.

You came back.” Luke smiled.

“You were too pathetic not to Newbie,” Penelope sunk into the bed next to him.

Luke closed his eyes and smiled and curled up a little as he pushed his head against her arm, “Totally worth it if it gets you in bed with me.”

“Yeah yeah, go to sleep Newbie,” Penelope said playfully before both fell asleep smiling.

Awww! So cute! I am SO glad she changed her mind. I love that he turns toward her, even snuggles a little, instead of giving her space.

Penelope continued to rub Luke’s back, noticing his shirt stuck there as she rubbed. “Unfortunately for you, it’s almost time for the doctor, and no sneaking any meds. I want them to get an accurate temperature.”

Poor little button, still so sick. 😍 :sneeze:

I'm glad you had time to come back. This story is so sweet, I really look forward to more