Sneeze Fetish Forum

Rest- Criminal Minds fic Luke Alvez

ID2006

I haven't been on in a while and I completely love this! I even like the pairing! I hadn't thought about it before, but... Fantastic!

• 3 years later...

when i say my heart melted, i mean it is currently a puddle resting somewhere in my body. this is so perfect, and Luke is the most adorable sicky i can'ttttt. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 1:31 AM, ID2006 said:

Awww, thank you. Just responded to your other post @uwus and love referencing this fic.

❤️ when i say i went straight from here to there, i mean like DIRECT LINE cause I've never written Garcia or Luke, but this was so beautiful i thought i'd give it a shot :)

It's been so long since I've worked on this fic and I feel like this update falls short in so many ways, but since there have been requests and inspiration, I will do my best to continue, assuming this addition doesn't bomb completely.

Luke leaned his head against the cool car window. The doctor appointment had gone as well as he should have expected. More bloodwork, x-rays of his lungs, mandated baby-sitter because his temperature was staying on the fine line of needing further medical attention and being allowed to try and sleep it off. He didn’t have pneumonia… ‘yet’, the doctor clarified before writing a script for expectorants and ibuprofen.

“If you want I can try to find someone else to stay with you?”

Garcia’s voice was so timid again and Luke hated that he was so wrapped up in his pity party at the moment that he forgot how he might be making her feel. He reached the hand, the one not holding tissues clutched to his drippy nose, out and rubbed it along the top of her thigh.

“I’b sorry. Id’s nod you. I jusd hadte deeding…” it took him a moment to even come up with the right word, “beopble”. Luke tried his best to give her a smile from behind the wad of tissues.

Although still hesitant, Penelope was a little more confident this time as Luke’s hand on her thigh sent pleasant shivers up her spine. “I think I know what you said, but you should probably blow your nose. There are more tissues in the glovebox.”

Luke thought Garcia might have said something more but he had already started fighting with the glovebox as he felt that incessant itch build in his nostrils. Old tissues fell to the floor as he managed to press a couple fresh ones to his irritated nose before crumpling in on himself.

“huh’TSHJHHhhhh!”

“Bless you. We will be at my place in a few minutes, I’ll try to make it quick.”

Luke nodded, blowing into the already soaked tissues before resuming his former pathetic position against the window.

Garcia looked around cautiously before opening her car door. Luke Alvez may have been off his game, but he wasn’t that far off on their drive.

“It’s okay. There are still the two agents following us three cars back.” His friend’s face said maybe he shouldn’t have added that last part. Clearly she must have lost track of them at some point. “You want me to come in?”

Her answer was yes but she couldn’t get herself to say it and thankfully he was already opening his car door. Sometimes she hated being surrounded by a bunch of profilers, but sometimes it was really nice not having to say things out loud.

“H’TSHHH eh’ eH’TSHHH heh’ eH’KTSHOOoo!” The cool air immediately triggered Luke’s nose again and he ended up bending to the side, loosely covering with his arm.”

“Bless you, come on, let’s get you inside.” Garcia, back on a mission shuffled her way to Luke’s side and placed a supporting hand along his lower back. Luke tried to not think about how pathetic he must look to the other agents following them and instead tried to focus on what was best for Garcia… and him… and what was best was letting her get him inside.

“There’s more tissues in the bathroom. I’ll try to be quick.”

Luke looked around the apartment and was not disappointed. It was just as colorful and eclectic as Penelope was. Now to find the bathroom for tissues, but it looked like she was going to do the work for him.

Garcia looked a little frazzled when she popped out of a room tissue box in hand. “Sorry, I do have a go-bag, but JJ helped me make it a little more… professional, and less cozy comfy sick day party.”

Luke put a steadying hand on Penelope’s arm, “Calb down, id’s okay, snff, take heh’ your heh’ time.” Initially trying to turn away, Luke stopped as he felt tissues get pressed against his nose.

“he’MPFSHH, heE’SHHOOOOo!” Luke opened his eyes and quickly took over pressing the tissues to his nose, “God, I’b so sorry.” Apparently, he was on a mission to embarrass himself today, and all he wanted to do was sink through the floor.

“Hey,” Penelope’s voice was soft and sweet and snapped him out of his thoughts, “what did you just say, it’s okay. IT’S ohhkay. Why don’t we both just take a breath and sit down?”

Luke sat down and tried to blow his nose as quietly as he could. Penelope slowly slid down next to him not sure what to say or do next. Clearly she had not really thought through this plan. After what felt like an eternity of silence, but was probably only a few seconds, Luke spoke, looking away slightly.

“I don’t like needing people. I don’t like feeling out of control. I can’t remember the last time I was this sick. Everything hurts and I feel like I’m freezing and…” Penelope tried not to make eye contact as she pulled a throw blanket off the couch and wrapped it around his shoulders. She hadn’t noticed him shivering before and she realized it had been hours since he’d had meds. “…and my thoughts are swirling and bouncing all over the place and I don’t know what to do and I’m scared I’m just going to end up pushing you away because I really really like you.” As a single tear dropped that he was most definitely blaming on the fever, he continued his stare into the used wad of tissues in his hand.

Penelope fought the urge to pull Luke into a hug and tried his approach of looking slightly away even though every cell in her body was screaming that she just wanted to hold him, or be held, or have any physical contact at this moment really. “I like caring for you. It makes me feel less like I’m the weak one on the team, not that you’re weak of course, oh god I screwed this up already. I… I feel scared a lot, and this break has made me realize how much safer I feel when I’m with someone else, but those feelings are all tangled with a desire to care for you right now and a desire to be loved by you, and I didn’t mean that... I mean I did… but I didn’t want to say it… I don’t know... can we pretend this was some fever dream?”

If Luke had been distracted before by his own feelings and flaws, he was now fully focused on the woman sitting next to him. Did Garcia just say she loved him. Maybe this was a fever dream.

“Luke?” Penelope looked into dark brown glistening eyes, thankful that he hadn’t run at her statement but also realizing that he wasn’t all there and she wasn’t sure if she should be thankful or not. “Okay, right now you are going to lay down and I’m going to get you some meds… okay?” Luke complied a little to well for her taste, but at least he was nice when stuck in what seemed to be a fever high.

Coming back with meds in hand Luke barely opened his eyes to take them. Penelope was almost worried that she needed to take him to the hospital, and then his hand darted out and grabbed her arm.

“Did you just say you loved me?” Luke ‘s expression was indecipherable. What should she say? She hadn’t really said she loved him, even though she knew she did.

“Maybe.” Her heart sank as he let go of her arm and closed his eyes and then with one sentence she was back on cloud nine.

“I love you too.”

• 2 weeks later...