Sneeze Fetish Forum

Nose piercing

sprinkles287

Hey all - has anyone with a nose piercing noticed a change in the amount they sneeze or had to change their inducing habits? I’m planning on getting one soon, and thought I’d run that by the forum - I would love to gain sensitivity :)

Also: while we’re on the topic, what’s your favorite style? I like a simple hoop through the nostril. 

(If this is too off-topic please move it to the best spot! Thx!)

Hi! I’ve been wearing a nose piercing for 6 years now, and I never noticed any difference, sorry 😕 

That is of course personal experience, and since my own sneezes don’t do anything for me I’ve never tried inducing with it, but I can see how twisting it and playing with it could make someone sneeze. 

I wear a simple stud, because I don’t like a hoop on myself, but I think it can look great on other people. 

Just some general piercing PSA for if you do get your nose pierced: you won’t be able to wear a hoop until it’s fully healed, as a straight bar moves around less than a hoop, thus causes less irritation on your fresh piercing. If you find a piercer who’s willing to put a hoop in straight after piercing, run. As for trying to induce with it, don’t do that either until it’s fully healed. You don’t want to be touching your fresh piercing with your hands more than is absolutely necessary, as you don’t want to risk it getting infected (sorry if you already knew any of this, I’ve had some good and some bad piercings and I’d tell anyone who wants to get pierced this). 

Thanks for the PSA and for sharing your experience! I didn’t know that about the hoop - that’s great to know since I haven’t picked where I’m getting it done yet.

I actually got my nose pierced with a hoop right away, and the place I went to highly recommended starting with a hoop if that’s your end goal because then the hole is angled just right for the curvature. The healing process was a breeze and there was no irritation. Many of my friends started with a hoop too and had no problems. The place that reccomended started with a hoop is the most popular and best-reviewed piercing place in my state. 

In regards to sneezing though, I haven’t noticed any difference in sensitivity or  habits. Sorry! 

2 hours ago, Oceanmountains said:

I actually got my nose pierced with a hoop right away, and the place I went to highly recommended starting with a hoop if that’s your end goal because then the hole is angled just right for the curvature. The healing process was a breeze and there was no irritation. Many of my friends started with a hoop too and had no problems. The place that reccomended started with a hoop is the most popular and best-reviewed piercing place in my state. 

Oh wow, that’s interesting. Of course my experience is purely personal, I’m glad you had a good experience with the hoop! 

I've had a thin hoop in my right nostril for almost exactly 5 years now (started with a stud) and it has made my nose a little more sensitive! It seems to me that more tickles originate on the right side now than the left, but it's not a dramatic change. 

Every once and a while, though, fuzzy clothes (esp things like scarves) snag on the clasp which makes me sneeze like crazy because fibers get stuck on the nose ring and start tickling my nose! I wrote an obs about it a couple years ago and it has happened a few times since then! Probably not an issue if you have the right kind of ring or a less sensitive nose!

Hope you enjoy yours! I'm a huge fan of nose rings, especially hoops! Are you thinking gold or silver?

So there may be some hope ☺️ I’d love to be a bit more sneezy. 

I’m going silver - it will match my other piercings. I’ve got a tragus and cartilage piercing in my left ear, so definitely going to balance my face with the right nostril. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a double ring in my left nostril, and have for ten years now. That side used to be much more sensitive but it’s actually a dud, now :(

Not sure that actually having a nose ring/piercing increases the amount of sneezing you do, but there are certainly more than a few videos out there on YouTube and similar, where the actual act of having the piercing done sends the piercee (just made up a word there I think :D ) into a fit of sneezes. 

I've only seen videos of people sneezing while getting a piercing or whatever so i assume it makes your nose more sensitive

• 3 years later...