Sneeze Fetish Forum

What do you do to spoil yourself a little?

Chanel_no5

When life is rough and you feel you need to be spoiled a little, but you're the only one to do it... what do you do? Do you buy something fancy? Get pizza? Bingewatch an entire season of a show in bed? Write some embarrassingly self-indulgent sneeze fics? (:twisted: )

Seriously. What do you do when you think it's about time you get spoiled a bit? 

Leaving aside my life now- what I used to do when I was at college was go out and buy an album. These days I (like everyone else) buy music online, to download. But then (this is like 17 years ago) people still bought CDs and just played them.

I fondly remember going out on Sunday morning, I can remember the old-carpet smell of the small record shops nearby, and spending time looking through the albums. I remember buying King Of America by Elvis Costello, or Vauxhall and I by Morrissey.

i suppose these days I buy a video game to treat myself. But I’m trying not to buy too many expensive ones at the moment.

i get a nice bath bomb or three or four, and i have some nice baths for a few weeks :3

I order sushi in bulk. :D There's a place in the village that delivers, and they do this giant box that usually last me through one dinner and one lunch at least.

Kind of boring, but I like to take a nap. When I take naps, they're usually between 1 and 2 hours long, so it's quite a commitment. I just shut everything out and have a little bit of unconscious "me time." :sleep:

11 minutes ago, Zracken3 said:

Kind of boring, but I like to take a nap. When I take naps, they're usually between 1 and 2 hours long, so it's quite a commitment. I just shut everything out and have a little bit of unconscious "me time." :sleep:

MAN, I'm jealous!! :lol: I have such a hard time getting any sleep, so being able to just casually take a nap would be amazing! Would definitely spoil myself that way if I could. :yay: 

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

I order sushi in bulk. :D There's a place in the village that delivers, and they do this giant box that usually last me through one dinner and one lunch at least.

Sushi is one thing I've never understood, but I certainly understand getting food delivered and not having to cook for two meals. ^_^ 

5 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

i get a nice bath bomb or three or four, and i have some nice baths for a few weeks :3

Oh YESSSSSS!! You reminded me that I haven't fully taken advantage of my bathtub lately. I need to take a hot hour-long bath tomorrow... 🛀 

8 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

But then (this is like 17 years ago) people still bought CDs and just played them.

Doesn't feel that long ago, does it? I remember back when I was working, about 13 years ago, I made good money back then so I would just go to the record store and pick out albums on a whim. Sometimes I found great music, sometimes it was a dud. 

I’ve been struggling with the idea of self-care and usually just give myself the gift of uninterrupted silence on my days off! I look at clothes online and sometimes treat myself. I also sometimes give myself mani-pedis, do a hair treatment, and do a little facial. Ice cream is very important as well! 

Online shopping or going to my local pet store lol! In fact, I just spent the day shopping with my mom and ended up getting a third budgie because I have no self control. :lol: 

Going to the movies by myself. It's THE best if you've never done it. You don't have to worry about if the person with you is enjoying the movie, it's just you and the screen and the popcorn in the dark. So awesome.

1 hour ago, murphy dee said:

Going to the movies by myself. It's THE best if you've never done it. You don't have to worry about if the person with you is enjoying the movie, it's just you and the screen and the popcorn in the dark. So awesome.

that is the realest truth 

9 hours ago, Ralala said:

A bottle of wine, and a bed literally lined with boxes and bags of snacks.

OH yes! That's another great one: eating crisps in bed. :wub:

I read something purely for the pleasure of reading it, especially when I'm at university and have long reading lists. The less serious, the better! Sometimes I'll spend an afternoon reading in bed with a cup of tea, or I'll go to a cute coffee shop or café and get a fancy coffee and read, all by myself. It's so peaceful. :wub:

19 hours ago, murphy dee said:

Yeah, I've just got to say I fell in love with this at college. No need to persuade friends to come with you to some weird film you're not sure about.

I was lucky enough to live near an Arts Cinema in college, and I got interested in cinema for the first time. I struggle now with going out because I get anxious, but movies are still wonderful.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, MaiMai said:

I read something purely for the pleasure of reading it, especially when I'm at university and have long reading lists. The less serious, the better!

Oh that's wonderful. :wub:  Reading is the best!

For me it really depends on budget, and so many things have been said already, but here it goes:

- I’ll craft something. Whether it’s knitting or embroidery or crochet or whatever other little arts/crafts project, it always makes me feel better. 

- I’ll tend to my houseplants, if they need it of course. It always makes me feel a bit better knowing I’m keeping something alive and healthy. 

- Doing some organising sometimes helps as well, strangely. I’ll stare at my messy desk for weeks and tidy it up and feel much better. 

- I love going to the movies, especially by myself. I’ll sneak in some good snacks or splurge on cinema snacks and take myself on a little movie date. 

- Taking a walk in the park can feel like a treat, at least for me, when I’m busy. I’m taking time out of my stressed day to so somewhere nice. 

- Any form of fun ‘self care’ in the form of a manicure or something always helps, whether it’s a DIY job or a splurge to go to a salon. 

- I keep some good candles and incense to  burn when I’m feeling a bit low. It helps somehow. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, Zracken3 said:

Kind of boring, but I like to take a nap.

This is not boring. Naps are AMAZING. A good nap is the ultimate gift to myself :lol:

If I have the $, I looove to get a massage every so often. If not...Lying in bed watching/listening to ASMR videos isn't too shabby of a substitution.

There's also this local bakery not far from where I live that sells the most amazing cake pops on the planet...once in a great while, I'll go over there and buy a few. And I won't share :whistle:

Archived