Sneeze Fetish Forum

One prompt, five authors (reboot)

Reader

In 2018, five of us wrote our own stories using the same prompt that we came up with.

We had one person divvy out topics between us. And then our answers were taken and combined.

Occupation, scenario, sneeze cause (allergy/illness/other) and a random word.

Last year’s prompt became this: museum curator, ice skating rink, illness, and heat.

I think it would be fun to do it again. And it could be revamped to have more options. 

But before all that, are there a few people that are interested? 

Here is last year’s OPFA if anyone wants to read that. 

I’m not super great at writing, but I would like to give this a try. :blush:

I could be down to give this a shot, could help me finally get my creative juices flowing again.

I haven’t written a sneeze fic in a minute and I don’t know that I’m particularly good at it, but I’d love to give this a go!

@Cobweb_no5 @MyOwnPrivateSFC @SpectralPhlox@Blah!? @Dorian Gay @matilda3948 @SpookyScarySkeleHolmes

Thank you for participating in the second annual Sneeze Fetish Forum OPFA!!! 

So entry into this event is still open today for anybody that’s still thinking about it. I will send pms and collect the entire prompt on Friday November 1st!

I’d like for us to have our stories ready sometime during the last week of November or before. 

One matter to discuss. 

Should we have 1 prompt, 8 authors or two prompts, 4 authors? 

55 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I vote for 1 prompt for everyone. I know we have different preferences about the cause, but maybe we could let chance decide that and see it as a writing exercise? ^_^ 

All around great writers for this one, I see (yes, I include those of you who said you're not sure if you're good at it, because I've read something from everyone at some point and that's my opinion :P )!! 

Let's play! :cheers: 

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

I personally quite like the idea of seeing what 8 different people do with one prompt. Had a read over last year’s entries and it was lovely to find so many vastly different stories. 

1 hour ago, Cobweb_no5 said:

All around great writers for this one, I see (yes, I include those of you who said you're not sure if you're good at it, because I've read something from everyone at some point and that's my opinion :P )!! 

Let's play! :cheers: 

Also I can only second this! Very excited to get going! 

19 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Hi, I'd like to participate if it's not too late!

Awesome!! It’s not too late at all! 

And for anyone that wants to take a stab at it after you find out what the prompt is, feel free! 

Update: I put names in an empty bag, drew them out one at a time, and just placed them with the topics in the order I wrote the topics down. And I only did it once! So the process is random, fair, and mostly anonymous! PMs have been sent. I should have a prompt for you guys soon! 

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Awesome!! It’s not too late at all! 

And for anyone that wants to take a stab at it after you find out what the prompt is, feel free! 

Update: I put names in an empty bag, drew them out one at a time, and just placed them with the topics in the order I wrote the topics down. And I only did it once! So the process is random, fair, and mostly anonymous! PMs have been sent. I should have a prompt for you guys soon! 

I wanted to check because I haven't got a PM?  Will I still be able to participate?

39 minutes ago, SpectralPhlox said:

I wanted to check because I haven't got a PM?  Will I still be able to participate?

No worries. You just weren't among those who got to pick one of the prompts. I wasn't either. :cheers: 

1 hour ago, SpectralPhlox said:

wanted to check because I haven't got a PM?  Will I still be able to participate?

Oh yes, you’re in it! 

Only four out of the nine of us got randomly selected to choose the occupation, scenario, cause of sneezing, and random word. 

@Chanel_no5 @MyOwnPrivateSFC @SleepingPhlox @Blah!? @Wilde @matilda3948  @SneezyHolmes @Snapdragon

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!!

It is time to reveal the prompt for this year’s event entitled.....One Prompt, Nine Authors! 

Let me just take a minute to thank each and every one of you for joining in and officially cementing this event as a tradition. It is scheduled to continue again for its third year in November 2020, so I hope to see you guys join in again. I’m so excited to get started because I know the prompt which I will reveal very soon. 

So, let me just go over some stuff. The whole point of this is for you to have fun and enjoy what you’re writing. So interpret these prompts as loosely as you want to fit your preferences.

Say the occupation is a banker. It can be an actual banker, a “banker” in charge of Monopoly money on game night, or a sneezy limousine driver telling a story about his banker. 

You see what I mean? There’s 9 people writing with the same prompts so don’t worry about staying within some box. Have that box there and then think outside of it! Most importantly, have fun! 

If your sneeze preference isn’t there, put it in there! Include what’s in the prompt and add your own. Or have more than one sneezer. Or take it as a writing exercise and strictly only use that prompt. Or use the prompt in passing. You’re not writing for anyone else besides yourself...and your audience. Let’s keep it real. But mostly yourself!!!

You can write original fiction or fan fiction. You can choose any writing perspective you want whether that’s first person, second person, third person, breaking the fourth wall, etc. 

We have two options. Let me know what you guys think. We could post our own individual thread with (OPNA) next to each of our titles to signify the story is for this event. Or we can coordinate and post it in one thread. 

Let’s make a tentative deadline for the 25th of November. It can be pushed back. I will check with everyone in a couple of weeks to see everyone’s progress. 

If there are any questions, please pm me. 

Okay!!!!!

*Drumroll please*

9 minutes ago, Reader said:

*Drumroll please*

:drumroll:

Hmmm.... not sure which alternative is the best for posting. I want to say one thread, like last year, but I don't really have a super firm opinion. :lol: 

I vote for individual topics with OPFA in the title, just in case some of us get attached to our stories and wanna write additional chapters. :) 

That is such a cute drumroll!!! Thank you! Also, keep voting. We will just go with the majority!

Without further ado...

Cause of sneezing: Allergies

Random word: Fog

Scenario: Vineyard

41 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I vote for individual topics with OPFA in the title, just in case some of us get attached to our stories and wanna write additional chapters. :) 

Oh, right! Smart thinking, I totally forgot about that little detail... 🤣 I was more concerned about cluttering the subforums, for some reason. 

35 minutes ago, Reader said:

Scenario: Vineyard

Of course it had to be a vineyard. I can't write the idea that first popped into my head when I read that word. I just can't. :lol::bag::shy:  For the sake of dignity as well as other people's sanity.

... or can I? :shifty: 

• 4 weeks later...

@Chanel_no5 @MyOwnPrivateSFC @SleepingPhlox @Blah!? @Wilde @matilda049 @SneezyHolmes @Snapdragon

We are going to push this back until everyone involved makes their way back to the forum. I will tag everyone involved and update later with a start time and a deadline. Thank you! 

Anyone is welcome to join in the meantime!

There are also some new participants from the newest forum so for those of us who are signed up to both, we’ll post our stories twice. 

Edited by Reader