Sneeze Fetish Forum

So... what happened?

Oolia

I'm glad the forum is back! However, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's curious about what happened, and how we can prevent it from happening again.

Can anyone shed some light on what happened behind the scenes?

Sure :) 

The forum went down because our registration and ownership of the domain (i.e. the website www.sneezefetishforum.org) expired and thus the site basically ceased to exist as of 1st November. We got absolutely no warning this was going to happen and because it's something that we've never had to renew, at least as long as I can remember, it took a few days to actually realise what the problem was. Also, because the site was basically gone instantly, there was no way for anyone to let any of you folks know what was going on.

Then I attempted to make contact with the company responsible for managing our domain registration (it's not IPS, who host the forum, it was a different company) but everything I tried was met with silence. 

So, after much howling into the void and worrying this could be the end, I suddenly thought 'If we can't have our current domain, why not get a different one?'. Hence we are now the proud owners of www.sneezefetishforum.com and after a few more days liaising with IPS to get them to transfer everything to the new domain, we were back online as of Monday evening.

I'm really sorry for the long wait and the lack of communication on what had happened, but as I said, we got no warning this was going to happen and could basically do nothing as far as getting the word out once it had. However, I have set it so the new domain registration auto-renews every year so this shouldn't be something that happens again in future!    

Thanks for explaining, HoL! And thank you for getting us back up and running! :)

What Hedgie and SneezyHolmes said. ❤️

12 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:

The forum went down because our registration and ownership of the domain (i.e. the website www.sneezefetishforum.org) expired and thus the site basically ceased to exist as of 1st November. We got absolutely no warning this was going to happen and because it's something that we've never had to renew, at least as long as I can remember, it took a few days to actually realise what the problem was. Also, because the site was basically gone instantly, there was no way for anyone to let any of you folks know what was going on.

Then I attempted to make contact with the company responsible for managing our domain registration (it's not IPS, who host the forum, it was a different company) but everything I tried was met with silence. 

So, after much howling into the void and worrying this could be the end, I suddenly thought 'If we can't have our current domain, why not get a different one?'. Hence we are now the proud owners of www.sneezefetishforum.com and after a few more days liaising with IPS to get them to transfer everything to the new domain, we were back online as of Monday evening.

I'm really sorry for the long wait and the lack of communication on what had happened, but as I said, we got no warning this was going to happen and could basically do nothing as far as getting the word out once it had. However, I have set it so the new domain registration auto-renews every year so this shouldn't be something that happens again in future!    

Thank you man! It's really appreciated!

Wow, now that I know what was going on I'm even more grateful for everything that had to happen to get the place back up and running.  @High on Lullabies thank you SO much for everything that you did, that is really and truly going above and beyond for all of us here.  And you didn't have to, but you did, and you're just really damned awesome for it.

15 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:

Thank you for your hard work and diligence! I don't often login here, but I know the disappearance caused a lot of confusion and anxiety so we're grateful for the return of the site. Thank you for all you do here. It's much appreciated by vocal and not-so-vocal members alike.

On 11/28/2019 at 7:21 AM, High on Lullabies said:

Kudos to you my man, for bringing the forum back up, I really thought it was game over!

Thank you for the explanation! And thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work and efforts to get through the issue! We are all just so happy to see our forum back 😊

I noticed it was down the day it happened and then radio silence 😅 I was afraid we’d lost the whole site and all of the posts from the years. So glad it’s back!

Wow, thank you so much for caring about this website for us. I was so upset to see it go, I cried for all of the stories just completely lost on here. I felt so upset not being able to talk about it to anyone I knew, I am so happy its finally back and 2 days before my birthday even (:

On 11/28/2019 at 9:21 AM, High on Lullabies said:

I admit- I had tears in my eyes when I read this. This past month had been pretty rough, thinking that this forum might be gone forever, and not knowing what happened. I'm so glad that it's back. Thank you so much for taking the time and energy to get it back up! Your work (and the work of all the people responsible for keeping this great forum alive) is not taken for granted. I (and I'm sure pretty much everyone else here as well) am super grateful for having this forum in my life. Thank you for making this happen.

As one of those relatively quiet people who feel at home here - thank you so much for your efforts and persistence. I’m so glad it’s back.

@High on Lullabies So I will add my own thanks to this long list, for putting yourself out there. Somehow I wouldn't want to be the person calling companies to say "Oh we have this website called sneezefetishforum and..." Kudos for owning it;)

I couldn't stop thinking for three weeks about how miserable it would make people that it was gone. But in the end, it was probably my own frustration projected LOL

Hugs

Archived