Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guests can see birthdays on the calendar

l226268

So I noticed that there was a calendar function today and was just looking around. It seems to mainly show people's birthdays. I just checked and it appears to show this stuff to people who aren't logged in too, which I think might pose a security problem. I just wanted to give a heads up in case this wasn't intended, especially seeing as other parts of the forum are hidden from guests (like the online users page.)

I'm sure that's just a normal part of the forum software though I'm not sure what security risk could occur from seeing someone's birthday?

I THINK that's been the case all along, actually... :huh:  if I'm not mistaken that was my reason for not posting my birthday on my profile for some time, and that was way, WAY back in the day. 

People's birthdays being displayed on the bottom of the forum main page has been the case for as long as I can remember. Whether they have always been visible to guests, I can't say for sure, but looking through the various settings I have there doesn't seem to be a way to choose who can view that list, so I would think that they have.

Either way, if you @Losseneth or anyone else would prefer their birthday didn't appear on that list, then you can remove your birthdate from your profile (or if you're not able to edit your profile yet, contact a staff member and ask them to do so). There is no requirement to have it filled in :)

Archived