Sneeze Fetish Forum

Last Minute Secret Santa 2019

SleepingPhlox

All right, nobody told me not to so I'm gonna go ahead. :laugh:  I know everything is all crazy and stuff with the forum being down for the better part of November, but the season of giving is my favourite and besides, what better way to welcome our newly restored forum back than by gracing it with all sorts of creativity!  Look, it's going to be hectic, but I'm down for the ride if you guys are!  So here is what we're gonna do:

There's going to be a very short sign up period so we can kick this off as soon as possible.  Sign ups will close at 11:59pm GMT on Saturday 07/12/2019.  I will move heaven and earth to ensure that your match ups are sent out by whatever the heck time I go to sleep on Sunday 08/12/2019.  This is my promise to all of you.

We'll push the deadline to 18/01/2020 because this is all happening so close to the holidays already.  If we are getting close to the deadline and you feel you can't make it or need more time, let me know!  And of course you can post your gift any time before that if you so desire!

Some notes: 

• Although when it comes to currently popular fandoms there is a good chance I can find someone who matches what you like, and I will do my best to make sure you get your heart's desire, please list a variety of fandom/original topics to make sure that you get something you'll like.  The wider you cast your net, the better it will be!
  • I reserve the right to refuse applications.  I don't anticipate this will be an issue, but in circumstances for example if you break the rules asking for U18 stuff.
  • When you are posting, include "Secret Santa 2019" in the title and make sure you tag your recipient in the body!

Here's what I need from you to participate:

Send me a PM with the subject "Secret Santa 2019" with the following:

RECEIVING

• Character details: please detail fandom/original, character preferences, etc.  If you want an original story please give as much detail as you'd like about what you enjoy in a character.  Or if you'd prefer to be surprised, say so!
  • Genres you like:  Especially for original fics, please detail what sort of genres you like.
  • Genres you don't like:  If you hate romance or can't stand sci-fi, please let your gifter know what to avoid.
  • Gender preferences
  • Fetish related stuff you like : Please include as much description as possible to make sure your gifter has plenty to work from!  For example: mess/no mess, tissues, allergies vs. colds, caretaking, etc. 
  • Fetish related stuff you don't like:  Again, please include as much description as possible to make sure you don't get any nasty surprises.  If you don't want to see it or read about it, please list it here!
  • Anything else I need to know.

GIVING

• Please list any fandoms you know and are willing to write or draw for.  List characters you are comfortable with and characters you would prefer to avoid.
  • Let me know what sort of original stuff you would be willing to do, what genres you are comfortable with, and what you'd prefer to avoid.
  • Gender preferences:  If you absolutely cannot bring yourself to write/draw any gender please let me know.
  • Fetish stuff you are willing to write/draw
  • Fetish stuff you are uncomfortable with/unwilling to write or draw
  • Anything else I need to know.

That's it, that's all, I hope to see a good few sign ups.  Lets flood the forum with holiday cheer and the spirit of giving!

Thank you so much for running this! I'm not very active on this forum but I look forward to Secret Santa every year :D

Couple questions: would you like us to comment on this post once we submit our form? 

What's the target word count for written gifts? I know in the past it's been 1000 words, but I was wondering if it'd change to something shorter due to the last-minute nature of the exchange. 

@SleepingPhlox

Although I won't be participating in Secret Santa, I'd just like to acknowledge your efforts in advance and thank you for stepping up to the plate.

This forum is always a better place and flourishes more when people get involved so kudos to you!

Thank you again!

:joal:

10 minutes ago, Joal 555 said:

@SleepingPhlox

Although I won't be participating in Secret Santa, I'd just like to acknowledge your efforts in advance and thank you for stepping up to the plate.

This forum is always a better place and flourishes more when people get involved so kudos to you!

Thank you again!

What Joal said. Because he knows how to use the words and sentences that make the thoughts make sense things. But yes: yay and thanks, from another non-participant. 

7 hours ago, MoonDuck said:

Thank you so much for running this! I'm not very active on this forum but I look forward to Secret Santa every year :D

Couple questions: would you like us to comment on this post once we submit our form? 

What's the target word count for written gifts? I know in the past it's been 1000 words, but I was wondering if it'd change to something shorter due to the last-minute nature of the exchange. 

Because of the tight schedule and the last minute scramble I thought a word count might put people off from wanting to try and participate so the general rule this time is going to be "give what you'd be happy to receive."  Although a thousand words is a good rule of thumb to aim for!  I'm gonna trust people on this one but if someone does get something like four sentences as their gift I will find a way to make sure they get something good instead! :)

And as for commenting on the post, I wasn't going to make that a thing BUT it might be a good way for people to see that there's interest and therefore feel inclined to sign up so if people feel comfortable posting they have signed up, please do!

5 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

@SleepingPhlox

Thank you again!

5 hours ago, MyOwnPrivateSFC said:

What Joal said. Because he knows how to use the words and sentences that make the thoughts make sense things. But yes: yay and thanks, from another non-participant. 

Thank you guys, I really like this forum and especially the creativity, and I adore Christmas so I wanted to try and help out and do something good.  I can only hope I can do the event justice! :)

I'm up for this.  I've never done it before but I missed this forum when it was gone so I might try to participate a little more.  I'll send you a PM.  

i get really stressed and bummed out about deadlines so i haven't been participating in secret santas in recent years but i really appreciate that you're hosting one!! it's no small feat and it is really kind and generous of you. i know it is a much beloved forum tradition ❤️

Sign me up!  I wasn't going to participate this year since I'm so backed up with works in progress, but I decided to join in anyway to honour forum tradition and creativity. I've got a lot to do today, so I'll fill in the form either tonight or tomorrow and send it to you, but it's coming. :cheers:  Thank you so much for hosting this! 

I'm really glad to see people signing up for this.  There's still a few more days left so please keep them coming!  The more the merrier!

I'm sending acknowledgement replies to anyone who sends in a form so if a bit of time has passed and I have not sent you one, let me know in this thread and I will make sure I have gotten your PM.

For those who are taking part in the "One Prompt, X Authors" event and worry about two deadlines back to back but would still like to participate, you can have a chat with me and we can come up with a way to make it easier on you!

I participated last year for the first time and would like continue this tradition :)

I'm not yet validated, but last year we had the arrangement that Puddin would send me an email (it's on my profile), so I could send the form via email. Would that work for you, too? 

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

I participated last year for the first time and would like continue this tradition :)

I'm not yet validated, but last year we had the arrangement that Puddin would send me an email (it's on my profile), so I could send the form via email. Would that work for you, too? 

Yes absolutely!  I want to make sure everyone who wants to be included is included.  I will send you a mail shortly.

Just sent my DM!! Thanks so much for putting this together. ❤️ I was worried about how the state of the forum would affect this tradition, but I'm glad it gets to happen after all!

So I actually already started running another secret santa exchange before all this, though that was through tumblr and I didn't post about it here at all since I didn't want to have to coordinate people across multiple different platforms.

The question now is do I feel like also making myself write a second story in the same amount of time?

Today is last chance to sign up for Secret Santa! Come on, let's make the turnout as big as can be despite circumstances. 🤪

14 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Today is last chance to sign up for Secret Santa! Come on, let's make the turnout as big as can be despite circumstances. 🤪

I would, but I’m so out of touch regarding fandoms, I doubt I could write for anyone at this point.  ☹️     Maybe next year.   

1 hour ago, aggedy_ann said:

I would, but I’m so out of touch regarding fandoms, I doubt I could write for anyone at this point.  ☹️     Maybe next year.   

I don't want to pressure anyone to join who doesn't want to, but I can tell you that fandoms would not be a barrier if you wanted to sign up because there are definitely a decent number of people looking for and willing to write original stuff!  So like I said, no pressure, but there is definitely a place for non-fandom people to come and play!

Guys, this is looking like it's going to be pretty great this year considering the last minute rush to pull it off!  The responses have been good so far!  Today is the last day to sign up, the official cut off is 11:59pm GMT but, like, don't freak out if you're messaging a little after that, if it happens to squeak past while I'm asleep and I get it before I start setting the match ups in stone, it's no biggie.  The name of the game this year is spreading celebration and cheer after the forum's little hiatus so I really want to make sure anyone who wants to join gets a chance to!

3 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I don't want to pressure anyone to join who doesn't want to, but I can tell you that fandoms would not be a barrier if you wanted to sign up because there are definitely a decent number of people looking for and willing to write original stuff!  So like I said, no pressure, but there is definitely a place for non-fandom people to come and play!

Guys, this is looking like it's going to be pretty great this year considering the last minute rush to pull it off!  The responses have been good so far!  Today is the last day to sign up, the official cut off is 11:59pm GMT but, like, don't freak out if you're messaging a little after that, if it happens to squeak past while I'm asleep and I get it before I start setting the match ups in stone, it's no biggie.  The name of the game this year is spreading celebration and cheer after the forum's little hiatus so I really want to make sure anyone who wants to join gets a chance to!

I’ll give it a shot.   I’ll fill out the form once I finish my homework

I know I'm a little late on this one, but I hope you'll still accept my entry! I did this last year and had a ton of fun, so I'd like to give it another shot!

Okay, I have sent a confirmation reply to all the PMs I have received up to this moment in time.  If you sent me a PM at any point up until now, you're in and you will be recieving your match ups later today.  I will have them sent before I go to sleep tonight.  I'm in the GMT time zone, just so you all know. 

Unfortunately sign ups are now closed, but there's a really good turnout considering we only had a few days to pull this all together, and I would like to thank everyone who filled out their form.  I promise to do my best to make this the best experience possible for all of you! 

If you have sent me a PM and have NOT received a confirmation e-mail, please get in touch to make sure you are included.

I will update with a post with guidelines for posting your gifts once I've gotten all the match ups sent out.

Okay.  Whew!  By now everyone who signed up should have received a post with their match up.  If you had sent me your form and you haven't gotten a PM with your match up please let me know!

Rules and whatnot have been sent along with the matchups and if you have any questions on any of them please let me know!  I look forward to seeing what everyone creates! :)

Archived