Sneeze Fetish Forum

Knives Out?

matilda3948

I didn’t/won’t see it because of the emeto warning I heard about it. 🙁

But I’d definitely be willing to read a synopsis or something, if you wanted to write stories about it. 

I actually just saw it yesterday afternoon! It was such a good movie. I loved how clever and fun it was with the constant twists. :yay: Who were you thinking of writing about?

Also, yeah, I second that warning hugely @MyOwnPrivateSFC!!

45 minutes ago, Spoo said:

I actually just saw it yesterday afternoon! It was such a good movie. I loved how clever and fun it was with the constant twists. :yay: Who were you thinking of writing about?

Also, yeah, I second that warning hugely @MyOwnPrivateSFC!!

Yeah, the emeto warning is for real. Any story I write will be free of all of that.

I think I'd like to write Benoit and Marta...but I'm not sure the exact details. Daniel Craig is my eye candy and the "southern gentleman detective" was sweet and funny.

@Spoo any suggestions? 

I really liked it, too, but wow Daniel Craig's southern accent made me cringe-laugh a lot. 

The hype kinda let me down a little-  i don't think it's a masterpiece, but it is a fun and well-crafted whodunnit. It's funnier than I expected, the characters were memorable and Ana de Armas is just absolutely amazing.

I would totally read a Benoit fic! :D Maybe it’s dusty in that big house... :shifty: Likewise, I’d also read something with Ransom (as dislikable and scummy as he is). 

I absolutely loved this movie. I really enjoyed it. I have to admit that Marta's...thing and her overall character really made my caretaking kick in 😂. I'd love to read a fanfic involving her or Benoit. I'm sure one about Benoit would be absolutely hilarious, although giving any of the other characters a cold or an allergy flare-up I'm sure would lead to something very funny.

Oooooh I'd love to read a fic with Marta and Benoit where Marta is under the weather ❤️ The weather looks so cold and dreary... perfect to catch a cold! 😁

Thanks all!! This gives me lots of good ideas. Maybe I'll work on a series of shorts while I get the hang of the dialogue. That southern accent :laugh: I mean, I've heard it that strong where I live, but it's so over-the-top. Should be fun. Appreciate y'all :winkiss:

4 hours ago, matilda3948 said:

Thanks all!! This gives me lots of good ideas. Maybe I'll work on a series of shorts while I get the hang of the dialogue. That southern accent :laugh: I mean, I've heard it that strong where I live, but it's so over-the-top. Should be fun. Appreciate y'all :winkiss:

Looking forward to it! 

Adding to the chorus of support for this as a fic! I absolutely loved it- SO is a bona fide murder-mystery nut and I was looking forward to hearing Daniel Craig's OTT accent after Logan Lucky. It really delivered! 

**Re. the emeto thing, I know everybody's experiences and triggers are different, but in case this is at all helpful for anyone: anecdotally, I had no prior knowledge to this being a major plot point 😐but found it bearable in the end. As soon as it was mentioned on screen for the first time, I freaked out a little and was bracing myself to have to leave the cinema, but imho the incidences ended up being (thankfully) unrealistic enough that it was okay! 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man. I saw that film yesterday and I LIIIVE for it. I think they should've given Daniel Craig a French accent instead of a Southern-fried one though - he might have been better able to pull it off, and it would have been a more fun reference to Hercule Poirot.

Also I want to see MANY more films like this. Surely Benoit Blanc has encountered more strange cases of this sort?

6 hours ago, March Hare said:

Oh man. I saw that film yesterday and I LIIIVE for it. I think they should've given Daniel Craig a French accent instead of a Southern-fried one though - he might have been better able to pull it off, and it would have been a more fun reference to Hercule Poirot.

Also I want to see MANY more films like this. Surely Benoit Blanc has encountered more strange cases of this sort?

Somebody on Twitter joked that they should give Benoit a different accent in each movie, and that this is never explained. Rian Johnson (the writer/director) replied (maybe in jest?) that he's seriously considering this idea. I think Johnson gave him such a pointedly southern accent to markedly make him American, as he has said that he wanted the movie like a uniquely American modern take on those sorts of Hercule Poirot mysteries. I'd definitely love to see more movies involving Hercule Poirot. I hope everyone involved is totally game to do it! 

I mean, he's BEEN James Bond. It's time for him now to be someone else iconic. An original new character that he will make entirely his own. I think he deserves that.

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

I mean, he's BEEN James Bond. It's time for him now to be someone else iconic. An original new character that he will make entirely his own. I think he deserves that.

I would love to see it as a series. It was interesting to see how they placed the Agatha Christie genre in an American context--even down to the class critique.

Anyway, I've posted a couple drabbles and one regular-length story so far. I'd be open to trading if anyone else has interest in writing. 

Happy 2020 y'all! :hug: 

On 12/14/2019 at 9:43 PM, Geneticist said:

**Re. the emeto thing, I know everybody's experiences and triggers are different, but in case this is at all helpful for anyone: anecdotally, I had no prior knowledge to this being a major plot point 😐but found it bearable in the end. As soon as it was mentioned on screen for the first time, I freaked out a little and was bracing myself to have to leave the cinema, but imho the incidences ended up being (thankfully) unrealistic enough that it was okay! 

They should just have made it sneezing, instead of v-ing. I think everyone would find that less gross, it's almost as impossible to hide, and most of all, my goodness, can y'all just imagine? :wub:

15 hours ago, March Hare said:

They should just have made it sneezing, instead of v-ing. I think everyone would find that less gross, it's almost as impossible to hide, and most of all, my goodness, can y'all just imagine? :wub:

If they do more, I'd love it if there always was a character that had a quirk like Marta's and that it would happen to be sneezing. It could add to the old fashioned feeling they seem to be going for it, since sneezing was frequently something of a gag in older movies. Like the thief who's allergic to Charles in Charade. Or maybe Marta gets a new quirk too lol. 

Archived