Sneeze Fetish Forum

New year's resolutions for 2020?

Stimuli

Good day! :D

Since we're edging ever closer to 2020, I was wondering if someone else has started thinking about new year's resolutions, and what to improve upon next year? :D

I myself have the following little list:

1, I shall focus more on myself. No more accepting other's plans at the cost of my own. 

2, At work, I shall become the best employee. A picture example as to whom to follow. 

3, No more abandoning everything and everyone as soon as shit hits the fan. 

4, Cold turkey all bad habits. 

5, More music. 

6, Employ Discipline.

I don't usually have new year's resolutions but this year I decided it's time for improvements :D

1. Improve self discipline, especially where school is concerned.  
2. Quit smoking (although hopefully before the new year).  
3. Keep progressing in my therapy goals.

4. Graduate and find a job in my new career field.  

Mine come with a caveat. If things work out for me in terms of getting my disability back, I'll do this. If not, there's no point in trying for a better life anyway, I'm fucked either way. But given that things do work out to give me that basic security I will:

1. Get back into routines with cleaning, laundry, cooking, and that stuff.

2. Take walks outside a few times a week.

3. Be more involved in horsey again, as well as be more friendly again with the people in the stable.

4. Start to write more seriously, finish my old projects that are still writable, and then plan better for future writing. 

5.  All in all get a handle on my life. Be a little less isolated, make this place feel like a home instead of just a place I escape to, to get away from the scary world.

We'll see what happens. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Chanel_no5

1. I need to lose weight and exercise more.

2. Spend less time online, which is hard when everything has or needs access to the internet.

3. I need to stop pretending to be something I am not and be more honest and upfront with myself and others.

4. Come up with a proper background and stories for all of my characters.

5. Accept that everybody has their own opinions, ignore people who attack me over my own opinions.

1. Try to be the best person I can be (I fail every year but I will keep trying).

3. Get better at maths...

:joal:

I don't really do the whole new year's resolution thing per say but I do have some vague goals for next year.
I've kind of gotten off track and taken a longer break than I meant to from the online courses I'm taking. This is completely independent study stuff with no actual deadlines so it's not like anything bad will happen if I don't complete the courses in a certain amount of time, but I did spend a lot of money on all of these courses so I'm only cheating myself if I don't actually finish them. I don't actually expect to finish all of them this coming year, but I am hoping that I'll manage to get a few certifications under my belt.

I'm actually already in the process of trying to organize my online courses in a way that will make it easier to keep track of them since they're scattered across various websites, but it's definitely tedious. I will have someone that can help me with getting organized and prioritizing things after the new year, so at least that's something if I can't manage to figure it out on my own.

Always down for an accountability partner. Here’s my goals for 2020.

A good solid morning routine to prepare me for the rest of the day and a good solid night routine to get a good night’s sleep. 

Write every day

Cook a whole lot more

Step out my comfort zone at times

Make my bed every morning (people say it leads to a successful life)

Limit time spent looking at my phone.

Travel

Exercise for health

I would like to try something new each month whether that’s going to a concert or learning how to pickle vegetables in a class. Basically go on a groupon outing once a month. 

Now that I’m working at home, I’ll need to figure out the process of quarterly tax payments.

Learn how to listen to myself more and then follow through with what I decide. 

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

This is a lie, I can tell you. I make my bed every morning, and my life is a mess. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

This is a lie, I can tell you. I make my bed every morning, and my life is a mess. :lol: 

I've been told to make my bed every morning for motivational reasons but I always firmly reject that advice. Having a neat tidy bed isn't important to me and it's physically much more of an effort than it's worth. If I ever end up in a relationship again, it will either be someone who doesn't care about the bed not being made or is willing to do it themself everyday. Besides, I've read that it's more hygienic to let the mattress/sheets air out during the day. I guess one could still argue that you should fold the blankets at the foot of the bed in that case, but meh I don't wanna... :lol:

my goals for the new year so far are to work out every day, keep eating healthy, and find a good stride for my career that doesn't burn me out but makes me some money. maybe encorporate my witchcraft into my life a little more regularly as well. 

- Drink less

- Lose weight

- Read more poetry

The first two were obvious, but recently I read a book of Clive James' poetry and it was amazing- it was like breathing fresh air. In the new year I want to keep it going and read more and more.

18 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

2. Quit smoking (although hopefully before the new year).  
3. Keep progressing in my therapy goals.

I'm definitely with you on these two goals! :D

16 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Mine come with a caveat. If things work out for me in terms of getting my disability back, I'll do this. If not, there's no point in trying for a better life anyway, I'm fucked either way. But given that things do work out to give me that basic security I will:

1. Get back into routines with cleaning, laundry, cooking, and that stuff.

2. Take walks outside a few times a week.

3. Be more involved in horsey again, as well as be more friendly again with the people in the stable.

4. Start to write more seriously, finish my old projects that are still writable, and then plan better for future writing. 

5.  All in all get a handle on my life. Be a little less isolated, make this place feel like a home instead of just a place I escape to, to get away from the scary world.

We'll see what happens. 🤷‍♀️

You got it Chanel! If there's anything I can help with, let me know :)

10 hours ago, Reader said:

Always down for an accountability partner. Here’s my goals for 2020.

A good solid morning routine to prepare me for the rest of the day and a good solid night routine to get a good night’s sleep. 

Write every day

Cook a whole lot more

Step out my comfort zone at times

Limit time spent looking at my phone.

Travel

Exercise for health

I would like to try something new each month whether that’s going to a concert or learning how to pickle vegetables in a class. Basically go on a groupon outing once a month. 

Now that I’m working at home, I’ll need to figure out the process of quarterly tax payments.

Learn how to listen to myself more and then follow through with what I decide. 

Hell yeah! Accountability partners! B)

6 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

- Drink less

- Lose weight

- Read more poetry

The first two were obvious, but recently I read a book of Clive James' poetry and it was amazing- it was like breathing fresh air. In the new year I want to keep it going and read more and more.

Ooh I've been meaning to get into reading poetry too! Gonna get myself an ebook reader this year if it all goes right :D

This is really good guys! And I’m going to come back in here in a month to see how we’re doing with our goals. We can update, share anything we’ve struggled with, ask advice, get encouragement, etc! 

And hopefully this check-in will be somewhat of a motivator for us. But yea, I’m not going to tag names so there’s definitely no pressure to update or be part of this resolution group. Good luck everybody! New year! New us! 

I normally don’t do resolutions, but I’ve been thinking about them since I saw this topic go up the other day, and I managed to make a list. 

1. Quit smoking again. I know now is as good a time as any, but I’m going to postpone this till New Years cause, frankly, I can. 

2. Go running regularly. Preferably want to start this before New Years, maybe even today if it stops raining before dark. Here’s to hoping I don’t injure myself again right after starting. 

3. Go to more concerts. It’s something I massively enjoy and if I can afford it, I don’t see why I wouldn’t. 

4. Get my master’s degree. I should easily be able to do it this year, but it’s a big deal so it’s going on the list. 

5. Finish my novel. This might become difficult, and it’ll take a lot of effort and study and time, but I’ll try my darnedest.

6. Move back out of my parents’ house. This isn’t going to happen soon, but it’s gotta happen somewhere over the course of the year. 

7. Don’t let my self worth rely on the opinion of others. A tall order, but a necessary one for sure. 

8. Don’t be too hard on myself. These are all great goals, but if I don’t make any of them that’s fine too, because I’m putting in the work, and it’s all a process of trial and error. 

And that’s a list! I’d love to keep checking in and talking about these goals and our attempts as Reader suggested, because heaven knows I can do with some accountability. 

Edited by Wilde

I have a few for myself.

1. Pass the finals that I have next year.

2. Start going to the gym.

3. Learn to love myself more.

4. Learn to cook more.

5. Maybe start writing more.

1. pass school without anxiety

2. treat myself kinder/but also learn to listen

3. just smile

thats it simple sounding nice and vauge

6 hours ago, March Hare said:

1. Talk less
2. Smile more
3. Do whatever I can to get my plan on the Congress floor

sounds like a good way to get into the room where it happens

20 hours ago, 🎀🎄🌟Q🌟🎄🎀 said:

sounds like a good way to get into the room where it happens

I will never be satisfied :D

One of my favorite YouTube channels recently posted this :D

I guess mine are vague but tending to them daily would definitely help keeping it all up :D

Okay, may I say something about that?

You can't plan to get a girlfriend. It'll happen, or it won't. It is ALWAYS mostly a matter of blind luck whether something works out between you and the one you fancy. There's nothing you can do to make it happen. You'll meet people, maybe one of them is THE LOVELIEST, and from there on out it is all just chance.

Which is good, really, because that also means that you won't have failed if it doesn't happen.

It doesn't become your responsibility until you are in a relationship. From that point, it's pretty much on the both of you to make it work. But until then... LUCK.

I don't have any resolutions, as such, but I'm aspiring to read more diversely this year, and also to branch out a bit into writing some non-fiction outside of academic papers!

The typical one: lose weight. But I already started losing weight so I just have to continue what I've been doing (eating less basically) and I have a specific weight in mind that I want to reach, I really hope I can do it. I also want to get better at figure drawing and drum soloing, and properly learn 3D modeling. These are not really resolutions but something I want to do in 2020.