Sneeze Fetish Forum

New year's resolutions for 2020?

Stimuli

i was in the psych ward over the holidays (23 days! my longest hospitalization yet!) so i didn't get to participate in this thread while the going was good, but my vague resolutions, such as they are, are as follows:

1. keep doing what needs to be done in regards to taking care of myself. this means keeping up with ect (electroconvulsive therapy, which i already feel is life changing -- feel free to pm me about it if you want to know anything about it), going to therapy consistently, etc. i also need to start taking better care of my physical health but i'm not going to be able to do that properly until my mental health is under control, so that's priority number one. hopefully if that gets under control other things will fall into place.

2. i would like to at least lay the groundwork to go to back to school. i'm not going to outright say 'i am going back to school this year,' because i don't want to set myself up for disappointment and failure, but i would like to try to get to a point where doing this is a realistic possibility and not just a pipe dream.

3. i would also like to pick up some friendships i've let fall by the wayside. my mental health has been so bad for so long and i've neglected some people who have been incredibly important to me, and if they'll let me back in then i want to pick up where we left off. (if you're reading this and suspect it may apply to you, it does.)

4. i want some more fucking tattoos. hopefully sometime in the next few weeks i will have gotten a new one (already sent an email to my artist, it was like the first thing i did when i got home from the hospital)

2 hours ago, jejune said:

i was in the psych ward over the holidays (23 days! my longest hospitalization yet!) so i didn't get to participate in this thread while the going was good, but my vague resolutions, such as they are, are as follows:

1. keep doing what needs to be done in regards to taking care of myself. this means keeping up with ect (electroconvulsive therapy, which i already feel is life changing -- feel free to pm me about it if you want to know anything about it), going to therapy consistently, etc. i also need to start taking better care of my physical health but i'm not going to be able to do that properly until my mental health is under control, so that's priority number one. hopefully if that gets under control other things will fall into place.

2. i would like to at least lay the groundwork to go to back to school. i'm not going to outright say 'i am going back to school this year,' because i don't want to set myself up for disappointment and failure, but i would like to try to get to a point where doing this is a realistic possibility and not just a pipe dream.

3. i would also like to pick up some friendships i've let fall by the wayside. my mental health has been so bad for so long and i've neglected some people who have been incredibly important to me, and if they'll let me back in then i want to pick up where we left off. (if you're reading this and suspect it may apply to you, it does.)

4. i want some more fucking tattoos. hopefully sometime in the next few weeks i will have gotten a new one (already sent an email to my artist, it was like the first thing i did when i got home from the hospital)

Wishing you every success with these goals. It seems like a sensible and realistic list and I think you're approaching it in the best way, not putting too much pressure on yourself. Even if you only achieve some of the above, you will have laid the groundwork to achieve more in future years.

Much love ❤️

:joal:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! Just wanted to drop in and ask how everyone’s doing with regards to resolutions. Not meaning to hold anyone accountable of course, but because we talked about checking in back in December. 

As for myself, I have not quite smoking yet, but I have been running regularly, got one step closer to graduating by fixing an internship, which also means I’ll be moving out again soon, so that’s going good. I still care very (read: too) much about what people think of me, but at least I’m aware of it I guess 🙃 So yeah, mixed results but overall hopeful. 

I'm definitely making progress on mine. It's slow and at times very tedious, but I've definitely made progress in getting my online education organized. I'm currently in the process of identifying which courses are a high priority for me. I don't think this was really in the resolution I previously posted about , but yesterday I did a lot of work towards relaunching my website and associated social media. I didn't finish everything I'd hoped to as technical difficulties had slowed me down but I did get a lot done and I'm glad I was able to do it on february 2nd 2020 since it's a palindrome date in three different date formats which is awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to get all/most of what I didn't do yesterday done today.

Way to go, guys! :cheers:

As for me, my caveat has not been fulfilled, so I won't bother with mine. :) 

Let’s see:

On 12/21/2019 at 8:02 AM, aggedy_ann said:

1. Improve self discipline, especially where school is concerned.  
2. Quit smoking (although hopefully before the new year).  
3. Keep progressing in my therapy goals.

4. Graduate and find a job in my new career field.  

1. Self discipline is still a struggle, but I’m recognizing a lot of it is depression and anxiety and being proactive in dealing with that.

2.  Nope.  Although I’ll keep trying.  It took me like 100 attempts to quit last time too.   
3. yep.   That is coming along.  I’m on the right tracks, now need consistency.  
4. I finish 2 classes up at the end of this week and I’m two closer to being done.  I found out though that my last two classes are being scheduled 1 each term, so while I’m closer to graduating, I’m farther from graduating time wise (August when I thought it would be May).   

so, progress, and build on this is where I’m going to go from here

awesome idea to check in and see how everyone's doing! let's see...

On 12/21/2019 at 7:30 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

my goals for the new year so far are to work out every day, keep eating healthy, and find a good stride for my career that doesn't burn me out but makes me some money. maybe encorporate my witchcraft into my life a little more regularly as well. 

ok so, working out: i haven't built up to every day yet, but i've established a really good morning routine that gets me to exercise a lot more frequently than before! so i'm getting there!

keep eating healthy:

find a good stride for my career: working on it... this one's a little tougher to nail down, but i feel close! and im doing much better than last year already :3

witchcraft: also kind of? getting there a leetle bit? i could be doing more, but i have time to improve 😄

1. Talk less: nope, hasn't happened at all. Thinking of ditching that one.

2. Smile more: THAT one has already been a huge success.

3. Do whatever it takes to get my plan on the Congress floor: eh, who cares. America is over, and even if it wasn't I'd still not be a citizen.

#ReadMoreWomen doesn't really count as a New Year's resolution, but it IS going strong - so far I've read 13 books in 2020, 10 of which written by women. 

• 1 month later...

Checking in to see how everyone is doing with their goals.

Here’s an update on mine:

On 2/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, aggedy_ann said:

Let’s see:

1. Self discipline is still a struggle, but I’m recognizing a lot of it is depression and anxiety and being proactive in dealing with that.

2.  Nope.  Although I’ll keep trying.  It took me like 100 attempts to quit last time too.   
3. yep.   That is coming along.  I’m on the right tracks, now need consistency.  
4. I finish 2 classes up at the end of this week and I’m two closer to being done.  I found out though that my last two classes are being scheduled 1 each term, so while I’m closer to graduating, I’m farther from graduating time wise (August when I thought it would be May).   

so, progress, and build on this is where I’m going to go from here

1.  Really struggling with self discipline.  
2.  Haven’t smoked in 1 week, so progress there

3. therapy goals are going really well.   I like my integrated treatment, and the fact that the last few years I’ve had counselors specializing in addiction.  
4.  This one is out of my control    Its  21 weeks to graduation, and that will count down   When I hit 11 weeks, I’ll start searching.   

well! i've mostly done an absolutely horrendous job, but that's because this is the sickest i have ever been in my life. i did succeed at #4 though

WySROHa.png

finishing it on the last of the month

6 hours ago, jejune said:

well! i've mostly done an absolutely horrendous job, but that's because this is the sickest i have ever been in my life. i did succeed at #4 though

WySROHa.png

I love it!

On 3/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, jejune said:

WySROHa.png

Even baby steps are awesome, especially if you've been super sick. 

Speaking of sick (but in the positive meaning), that's one awesome tat! :)

• 8 months later...

Since this year aged like a glass of already sour milk due to unforseen events (to not mention "it" by "its" name) it is fully understandable if not all new years resolutions has been fulfilled.

However, the never ending march of time shall continue, and I ask thee;

How has it gone, and what is your resolution for 2021? (might be too early to ask but better early than never, right?) :D

41 minutes ago, NoseB4Bros said:

the never ending march

March only felt never ending because of lockdown :glare:

Once again, I haven't failed with any resolutions this year (admittedly because I didn't make any) and I look forward to repeating this achievement in 2021!

:joal:

On 3/6/2020 at 1:44 PM, aggedy_ann said:

Checking in to see how everyone is doing with their goals.

Here’s an update on mine:

1.  Really struggling with self discipline.  
2.  Haven’t smoked in 1 week, so progress there

3. therapy goals are going really well.   I like my integrated treatment, and the fact that the last few years I’ve had counselors specializing in addiction.  
4.  This one is out of my control    Its  21 weeks to graduation, and that will count down   When I hit 11 weeks, I’ll start searching.   

I’ll actually update these.  
1. self discipline sucks.  
2. haven’t smoked in 76 days.  So progress.   
3. Therapist is on leave, so I currently don’t have one.  Insurance changes in January and having trouble getting one in the new system so I’m on my own here.  So I guess it is is life goals now.  
4.  Graduate next week since I took a term off to cover hours at work at the start of COVID when we thought we were going to get hit.   Felt it was more important to be a nurse than a student.   Anyway, I get everything in this week and grades are done  next week, and barring anything unforeseen, I’ll graduate.   
I took a job as a crisis advocate and will start trainings as a victim advocate and a legal nurse consultant post graduation. After I get some experience as a CA, I’ll start looking for jobs elsewhere.   I’ll keep my nursing job too since both jobs are more or less on call and I can put together a full time job between the two.  So sum up:

1. Ha

2. getting there. Day by day

3. Was going well but derailed due to situations beyond my control.  Just need to try to work them on my own.  
4. this was the big one, and it happened.  Masters in Criminal Justice, emphasis law and public policy.   Once I finish writing my final paper today. 

2021 Goals

Relocate with a job in a criminal justice related field, even if I stay CA/VA.   Or work as a legal nurse for awhile.   And I can try do do both with an on call CA/VA.   Mostly just get CJ experience

but the big thing, relocate.  There’s really nothing for me here, so, gotta go.  

other than that, the typical after quit smoking, lose weight 

5 hours ago, NoseB4Bros said:

How has it gone

well, i have not worked out bc i got injured all to heck this year and have barely been able to keep my skeleton from falling apart under the best circumstances.

for a solid month i wasn't able to cook for myself or do much besides sit in my recliner and watch netflix, plus i had to eat about 3x as much as i actually need to bc of medication i was on, so i gained back almost all of the weight i'd managed to lose by eating healthy the rest of the year.

the stress of... the state of the world ...in addition to the above, has put me completely in a mental health hole where motivation to work is concerned, and not to mention that so many people being out of work this past year isn't conducive to getting clients anyway.

the two goals i have been able to meet so far is that one, i was able to find myself a good therapist who's been helping me to work through a lot of the weight that i've been shouldering by myself for the last 12 years or so, and it's going really well for me.

and then the other one is that in the last few months i've been getting more into my craft on a daily or at least weeklyish basis.

5 hours ago, NoseB4Bros said:

what is your resolution for 2021

at this point im going to set the bar at "survive" 

pending future events, i may actually have goals aside from that one :lol:

• 1 month later...

Just checking in (again) on the eve of new year's :D

How have you all been holding up? Do you have any new resolutions? :D

4 minutes ago, Stimuli said:

How have you all been holding up?

Surviving. 

4 minutes ago, Stimuli said:

Do you have any new resolutions?

Surviving. 

That's basically it. :rolleyes: What a fucking year this has been!

25 minutes ago, Stimuli said:

Just checking in (again) on the eve of new year's :D

How have you all been holding up? Do you have any new resolutions? :D

Well looking back on my vaguish resolution at the start of the year, it was mostly about focusing more on my independent online education and hopefully get a few certifications under my belt. While I have completed a few courses, I haven't done anything with a certification attached unless you count certificates of completion. Part of this was due to interests shifting and course correcting what I wanted to focus on, but there were also times during the year where I needed a break.

However, even though I'm not really where I'd hoped I'd be by the end of the year, I still think I'm doing really great. One achievement from this year that I'm really proud of was getting off of my opioid medication that I'd been taking for close to a decade. I've also just recently started getting into digital art, and I'm loving it. I hope I'll be able to make some money doing it, but either way, I've been having a lot of fun with it. I've already created 20 pieces just learning to use the new software I got on a Black Friday sale and this morning I finally finished coming up with titles for all of them.

I would say my resolution for the coming year is to just stick with my art and follow through with building a business out of it. I've already taken an art marketing course, so I do have plans in place for how I'm going to promote myself, and I hope to at least double my income in the coming year (which would still be pretty meager, but even a little progress is still progress).

46 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Surviving. 

Surviving. 

That's basically it. :rolleyes: What a fucking year this has been!

Struttin' through 2020 like

25 minutes ago, Shay said:

Well looking back on my vaguish resolution at the start of the year, it was mostly about focusing more on my independent online education and hopefully get a few certifications under my belt. While I have completed a few courses, I haven't done anything with a certification attached unless you count certificates of completion. Part of this was due to interests shifting and course correcting what I wanted to focus on, but there were also times during the year where I needed a break.

However, even though I'm not really where I'd hoped I'd be by the end of the year, I still think I'm doing really great. One achievement from this year that I'm really proud of was getting off of my opioid medication that I'd been taking for close to a decade. I've also just recently started getting into digital art, and I'm loving it. I hope I'll be able to make some money doing it, but either way, I've been having a lot of fun with it. I've already created 20 pieces just learning to use the new software I got on a Black Friday sale and this morning I finally finished coming up with titles for all of them.

I would say my resolution for the coming year is to just stick with my art and follow through with building a business out of it. I've already taken an art marketing course, so I do have plans in place for how I'm going to promote myself, and I hope to at least double my income in the coming year (which would still be pretty meager, but even a little progress is still progress).

Not bad :D (On both the progress and the plans) best of luck! :D

26 minutes ago, Stimuli said:

Not bad :D (On both the progress and the plans) best of luck!

Thanks!

finaly got around to reviewing my year. i actually met two goals that i set for myself which were: draw more, get a therapist!

i have a wonderful and smart therapist now, and im so grateful to not have to shoulder the burden of taking care of my mental health all on my own anymore.

and! while im not drawing EVERY day which is the ultimate goal (you know, barring weekends) i have been getting really close, especially in the last quarter of the year, so i'm counting that as a win!! 

i am SOMEWHAT achieved incorporating more witchcraft into my life. the goal had been "every day" but i've still incorporated more than i'd had previously! i have a lot more matierials now and i am following a handful of good witches on tiktok and youtube, and i've cleansed and warded my room and made a few potions and sigils this year. 

outstanding goals include: my career goals, they pretty much got dashed as soon as march hit and my stress levels hit the ceiling. im hoping that next year this will be more manageable. completing the interior design of my bedroom, bc this was tied to my career goals bc money. annnnd sticking to the daily routine that i'd developed and been enjoying before i sustained a number of injuries that made it pretty much impossible to adhere to. 

im gonna go ahead and make a NEW thread JUST titled "New Years Resolutions" without specifiying the year bc 2020 was fuuuuhcking cursed and i don't want THIS thread to become the ongoing forum resolutions thread. will link back to it here as soon as it's made!

EDIT: here it is!! 

Edited by •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•
added link!