Sneeze Fetish Forum

Wishing you didn't have to hide it

timelysmith

Does anyone else just get kind of fed up that you have this secret that you feel like you can talk to no one about (with the exception of everyone here of course :))? Sometimes I wish I could just sit someone down in real life, and just get all of this off my chest.  In reality, I think that may be a disaster and I don't think I could muster up the courage to do it.  Anyone else have thoughts on this? Has anyone ever just told someone about it just for a little relief?

I sometimes joke with my friends that I have this deep dark secret, but they have no idea that I really do.

I may or may not be an odd one in this, but I've told the people who might either A, need to know or B, were good friends of mine and telling them would yield support. 

I have grown out of the embarrassment/shame of the fetish a long time ago and nowadays I just simply enjoy it :D

my close friends all know. when i get a certain deep trust with a friend to where we tell each other everything, all the cards are on the table

I don't HAVE to hide it from most people. I WANT to hide it from most people. Not because it's a dark shameful secret, but because it's pearls and most of the world is swine.

It's like with any other kink: I operate on a very strict need-to-know basis. My kinks are not relevant knowledge for anyone I don't (want to) have sex with, so I don't tell everybody. I don't want to know what gets other people off, either (okay, so that's kind of a lie, but I don't want to ask about it because that is just not part of the polite discourse). Unless, again, I (want to) have sex with them (and vice versa).

In total fairness, when I was in my early twenties I felt much more like you do about it, @timelysmith. I mean, that's a time of life when you want to show the world your truest self, no matter the merits.

I recommend being open about your kink(s) to the people you have sex with. What this fetish is, or rather can be, is: an upgrade of your lovelife. To paraphrase Dan Savage, it's a bonus, not a diagnosis.

I have considered telling someone, but have not done so, will never do so, and I know that is the right decision for me. 

If the wrong people gets hold of this information it could open you up to painful ridicule....it has happened to folk here before.

To most in the 'outside' world this is a bizarre fetish and we are just weird.   

How many of us have had friendships that have changed? Have you ever thought you knew someone only to find out you didn't?...Yeah, so have I !!

No, at least for me, this is the place to talk about it and get some empathy.

Other than that it would be a professional service, far removed from the rest of my life.

Call me a neurotic old git if you like.

If you have a craving to tell someone, go ahead. I just hope for your sake its the right someone. 

Edited by haymaker
52 minutes ago, haymaker said:

I have considered telling someone, but have not done so, will never do so, and I know that is the right decision for me. 

If the wrong people gets hold of this information it could open you up to painful ridicule....it has happed to folk here before.

To most in the 'outside' world this is a bizarre fetish and we are just weird.   

How many of us have had friendships that have changed? Have you ever thought you knew someone only to find out you didn't?...Yeah, so have I !!

No, at least for me, this is the place to talk about it and get some empathy.

Other than that it would be a professional service, far removed from the rest of my life.

Call me a neurotic old git if you like.

If you have a craving to tell someone go ahead. I just hope for your sake its the right someone. 

My feelings exactly. Also I wouldn't want people to feel self-conscious about sneezing around me.

One of my closer friends irl knows and just about anyone who follows my Tumblr/Deviantart know. It doesn't really bother me if people know. It is what it is.

personally other then the few friends I have here, I wish honestly I could delete the fetish and all knowledge of it's existance though to be fair I can think of a lot of other things I would like to delete from existance that have nothing to do with the fetish. I figure though most of those things are things every-one wishes they could delete like racism, cruelty and other such things. of course the reality is those things will probly always exist. still it would be great if they didn't anymore! 

It kinda reminds of homosexuality some 20 years ago, where you had your little community, maybe told your best friend, but mostly just felt you had to hide that aspect of yourself for the world.

Don't have the sneeze fetish but do have a related fetish which has NO community, so honestly I'm jealous of all you folks here who can have a community and fan art, and writing, and a plethora of stuff! I've told a few close friends and my husband about my fetish (big noses). Friends honestly haven't been really that curious enough to engage on the topic of fetishes except one. 

As for the topic of fetishes in general being only for people you have sex with, I disagree. I find them very interesting! I think I have to be a certain level of comfort with somebody and definitely before I reveal MY stuff, but find generally the topic interesting and kind of wish it was a little more normalized. 

I have various fetishy/BDSM friends of both sexes, but this is a fetish I don't often share (for me it is nose blowing more than sneezing), which is why it is great to talk about it on here. I did mention it to one close friend, who was amazed that such a fetish existed, and tells me that now she knows, she feels much more self-conscious about blowing her nose when out in public (but happily describes very snotty blows she has done). Somehow this is more intimate than spanking, bondage, etc., which have become more 'mainstream'. I am married, and my wife has various kink interests, but somehow this remains one I prefer to keep to myself.

Always love to chat with people here about it all (just chat, not looking to meet or anything), provides an 'alternative world' which is a nice escape.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:48 AM, HornedSerpent said:

As for the topic of fetishes in general being only for people you have sex with, I disagree. I find them very interesting! I think I have to be a certain level of comfort with somebody and definitely before I reveal MY stuff, but find generally the topic interesting and kind of wish it was a little more normalized. 

You make a very good point and I may have to adjust my assertions - there's not much I like reading more on people's Fetlife profiles than the fetish lists they've put together for themselves.

I do think that normalizing paraphilia and fetishism too much isn't a good idea either, though. I surmise that that would make it kinda boring to talk about.

8 hours ago, March Hare said:

You make a very good point and I may have to adjust my assertions - there's not much I like reading more on people's Fetlife profiles than the fetish lists they've put together for themselves.

I do think that normalizing paraphilia and fetishism too much isn't a good idea either, though. I surmise that that would make it kinda boring to talk about.

i don't necessarily agree, i have a bunch of friends in the community and we all talk about fetish stuff as often as any other subject and it's literally never boring sooo

13 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

i don't necessarily agree, i have a bunch of friends in the community and we all talk about fetish stuff as often as any other subject and it's literally never boring sooo

Sure, but they're insiders, right? I meant it might become a little boring if it became a mundane everyday topic that random people discussed with no matter whom at any given time, like the weather or pop culture or - wait, you know what, never mind, I'm rescinding my point!

On 1/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, March Hare said:

That's why I said "a little more normalized", mostly as in that there would actually be content available. I have almost no content available. It would still never be as normal as boobs or whatever.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, HornedSerpent said:

That's why I said "a little more normalized", mostly as in that there would actually be content available. I have almost no content available. It would still never be as normal as boobs or whatever.

um... YouTube is full of it and there's this place? :huh:

7 minutes ago, March Hare said:

um... YouTube is full of it and there's this place? :huh:

She's not a sneeze fetishist. She's a nose girl. Big noses on men. Apparently that's unique enough fetish-wise to NOT gather a following like ours. 😉

OH DANG I apologise for not paying attention!

...what's the word again for that type of camera lens that makes the nose look extra big (or anything in the middle)? I can't words tonight, but maybe you know what I mean. What if you Google that? Anything interesting?

14 minutes ago, March Hare said:

OH DANG I apologise for not paying attention!

...what's the word again for that type of camera lens that makes the nose look extra big (or anything in the middle)? I can't words tonight, but maybe you know what I mean. What if you Google that? Anything interesting?

A fish-eye lens? Although a general wide-angle lens can have this effect too. 

I wish I could tell somebody, but I just don’t think I trust anybody *that* much right now or am in the right situation.  I came close a few months ago, and if things would have gone further with this person, I would have.  But for now, it’s gonna stay my little secret.  

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if this was a commonly known and accepted thing as opposed to something so unheard of. On the one hand I, of course, would love it if this wasn't something I had to hide. On the other hand, I kind of like that this is something special that I've only shared with a few people I really trust. Every once in a while I get in one of these funks where I feel like I'll never truly be able to experience my fetish to the fullest potential I wish I could but I also think that hopefully when I meet the right person I will be able to and I'm just worrying myself too much. 

• 2 weeks later...

I... have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I have told my very, very close female friend, but our relationship is unique in that we tell each other everything. We're really just that close. It didnt even feel weird telling her, to be honest. I didnt have that apprehensive dread and hesitancy that I usually do. It was very... natural, if that makes sense. I just knew she would get it.

Now, I was in a relationship for 6 years and it took me 4 to tell him about the fetish. I was scared *sick* thinking about it. He had always been a dominant personality, and I was afraid he would either dismiss it, or worse, ridicule me for it. When I did finally tell him, he teased me a bit but he was veerryy indulgent, which was awesome. 

I always get anxious about telling a new partner, oddly enough, even though I have yet to have a bad experience. I have a current fwb that I have not told, but I am considering it. We've only been doing our thing for three months, but I do like the idea of telling him, from a sexual standpoint, since we are at a point where our relationship is purely that. And I have yet to see him sneeze 😒

On 12/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, March Hare said:

My kinks are not relevant knowledge for anyone I don't (want to) have sex with, so I don't tell everybody.

You have such a mature way about this. I wish I did too! Instead, the people I want to have sex with will be the last ones to know. :lol: I just don't trust anyone that much, and have never trusted. It's easier to tell someone to whom it isn't "relevant information".

On 1/16/2020 at 1:20 AM, Travel said:

A fish-eye lens? Although a general wide-angle lens can have this effect too. 

No I feel compelled to mention that I just today had to google Wild Bill Hickok just to marvel at the sheer size/length of his nose. :D This happens every now and then. I love the fact that he even got his nickname from that.

Edited by doggo