Sneeze Fetish Forum

This is kind of sad

DozeCode4465

It’s too bad that such a vibrant community has gone dark in such short order.  Not to say I don’t appreciate the diehards who are here...all great.  And I’m thankful to the new moderators. But it’s sad that we’ve lost the volume of content...and the responsiveness. 

My guess is a lot of people moved on or are annoyed.  Maybe don’t know. Perhaps we can share with FOF’s (friends o the fetish) and remind that we are back.  

Oh well.  Not to whine...onward and hoping to help grow it to its former glory! 
-DozeCode

Oh the community is very much thriving! It's just not thriving here. This is more or less what the forum was prior to the domain change. Most users have moved to other platforms such as Tumblr, etc. for multitudes of reasons.

I can understand the frustration of not getting the responsiveness you were hoping for but this is as active as the forum's gonna get for the foreseeable future and not to be a pessimist but I don't see it regaining it's popularity any time soon.

It'd be great if we were super active again though!

Whilst this forum is not as active as it used to be for various reasons, it is still widely used by many people and it was clear from the comments made after it returned from its recent absence, that it is still valued by a great number of people.

Even if it never returns to being as active as it used to be, which is very likely to be the case, for many of us (perhaps including people who are also active on other platforms} it still feels like a safe place we can escape to.

:joal:

the forum kind of acts like a fetish community facebook for me in the way that im much more active on other, more expedient platforms where it's much easier to curate my own experience, but i come here to stay in touch with friends i don't see in those places and the community at large. 

like some others have mentioned in past discussions of the subject, i think once staff works their way through the sizable backlog of queries and starts validating new members again, that it will breathe new life into the community as well, but it's also true that forums in general--not just ours here, but all over the internet--are becoming a little outmoded and falling into a bit of disuse. 

i do like it here though. it's familiar and it's nice to have a hub for all the fics and discussions and arts and community members reliably in one place. that's why i'll probably always hang around this place.

I've only been in the forum for a short time, but I have to say that this is my favorite online space for anything related to my caretaking/caregiving kink. Most people are incredibly nice and cool, and content is well vetted for a relaxed atmosphere and to prevent folks from getting scammed or creeped on. And overall, I've found it a bit easier to meet people with things in common more in here than in other places and to stay in touch with them. The only thing I'm really frustrated with is not being validated yet so I could get in touch with others. 

For those wondering, only admin can approve people and validate members. Since the people active on staff are mods, we can’t do anything about that. 

2 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

it still feels like a safe place we can escape to.

This is exactly what I felt like when I found the forum in 2013, and even though it took me quite a while to stop lurking and start participating, I could always escape to this safe place. 

I have probably never seen the more active times of this community, so I cannot compare, but I feel like there are still many interesting discussions and, of course, fics and artworks around. And even if there's only one new comment on a current thread, I can still come here, read old threads and enjoy being myself without disguise (okay, I'm still disguising as a giant tree, but you know what I mean). 

Other platforms like tumblr or da are also amazing, but for me, they cannot replace the forum. They're amazing, but different, and I love using both. 

4 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Oh the community is very much thriving! It's just not thriving here. This is more or less what the forum was prior to the domain change. Most users have moved to other platforms such as Tumblr, etc. for multitudes of reasons.

I can understand the frustration of not getting the responsiveness you were hoping for but this is as active as the forum's gonna get for the foreseeable future and not to be a pessimist but I don't see it regaining it's popularity any time soon.

It'd be great if we were super active again though!

What are some other examples of platforms that people have moved to? And what are the reasons for moving? 

I like the idea of a forum because everything is well organized and easily searchable. Maybe I'm not using it right, but it seems more difficult to find content on Tumblr.

1 hour ago, ccv said:

What are some other examples of platforms that people have moved to? And what are the reasons for moving? 

I like the idea of a forum because everything is well organized and easily searchable. Maybe I'm not using it right, but it seems more difficult to find content on Tumblr.

im on tumblr and discord. it's not too bad to find content on tumblr, u just gotta follow more sneeze fetish blogs. if you're looking for a way to find more, u can make a post like "reblog if you post sneezing, allergies, and caretaking! i'm looking for more blogs to follow" (or whatever content u lile best) and then the blogs that reblog it will show in the notes so u can follow em. 

i agree tho! the forum format makes searching & rereading & stuff easy and it's one of the things i really like it for.

1 hour ago, ccv said:

Like Q said, Discord is another platform but searching stuff on tumblr isn't all that difficult. Just search for sneeze blogs and follow them and then your dashboard will be filled with plenty of content.

And as far as reasons go, it varies by person but mostly I think people just grow out of the forum and want something different or they dislike certain aspects about the forum.

I think the forum goes through cycles.   Cuz I think I remember having this discussion before in the past somewhere, pretty sure it was here...I believe there were similar complaints back  before I disappeared.   
And the thing is, members come and go.   Their life circumstances change.  This is the first time in 17 years, I’m guaranteed privacy when accessing the forum, which ups my content.   I also left for a long time for health reasons.   Other people have come and gone. Lives change.   People feel more comfortable on other platforms.   Try them. This old lady is trying to figure out tumblr now.   Lol.

the thing is, if you want content and activity, start by creating it.  Might lead someone to respond or post something similar.   But if you sit back and wait for content, it’s never gonna come.   

6 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Like Q said, Discord is another platform but searching stuff on tumblr isn't all that difficult. Just search for sneeze blogs and follow them and then your dashboard will be filled with plenty of content.

And as far as reasons go, it varies by person but mostly I think people just grow out of the forum and want something different or they dislike certain aspects about the forum.

for me, i do still come here but i spend more time on tumblr and discord bc i can rlly curate my experiences there, and also bc (and this is a tiny bit of a self fulfilling prophecy i admit) there's more of my friends there and more activity there

1 hour ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

for me, i do still come here but i spend more time on tumblr and discord bc i can rlly curate my experiences there, and also bc (and this is a tiny bit of a self fulfilling prophecy i admit) there's more of my friends there and more activity there

Understandable, I do like Tumblr's format a whole lot and there is far more activity there. Everyone has their reasons and it's okay to feel more drawn to one space or the other! :)

I spend a lot of time on Tumblr and I mostly lurk on the forum but I've always loved the comunity here. I don't think the forum has died in any way, it goes through cycles and I think it's pretty active at this time.

9 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

im on tumblr and discord. it's not too bad to find content on tumblr, u just gotta follow more sneeze fetish blogs. if you're looking for a way to find more, u can make a post like "reblog if you post sneezing, allergies, and caretaking! i'm looking for more blogs to follow" (or whatever content u lile best) and then the blogs that reblog it will show in the notes so u can follow em. 

i agree tho! the forum format makes searching & rereading & stuff easy and it's one of the things i really like it for.

Where can these types of blogs be found?

5 minutes ago, CheekyGuy said:

Where can these types of blogs be found?

tumblr.com my dude!

Thanks for the helpful response, all.  I’m glad there is passion and yes options for us.   

One more thing.  I agree totally in sharing and adding to the community.  I post often - share my cold clips and engage with my co-fetishistas.  Yes it’s about engaging content and adding where possible.  With that in mind, we should be fine 

just as a head's up for anyone considering tiptoeing into the tumblr sphere -- like 95%+ of sneeze fetish tumblr blogs are run by lgbt people and i'm pretty confident in saying a very large number of those people do not want straight men in particular interacting with them in any capacity, just so you are aware!

idk, i think it varies by blogger. like, i'm a lesbian and i'm fine with men interacting with me as long as they don't comment on my self obs. like there's a difference to me between shooting the shit about hot sneeze or even appreciating each others fics and getting into a discussion about me personally, where i'm chill with one and don't want the other. i think it's fair to say check someone's Before You Follow page if they have one or read their blog description to see what their preferences/boundaries are, but i wouldn't go as far as to say straight men are wholly unwanted, from what i've seen! 

8 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

idk, i think it varies by blogger. like, i'm a lesbian and i'm fine with men interacting with me as long as they don't comment on my self obs. like there's a difference to me between shooting the shit about hot sneeze or even appreciating each others fics and getting into a discussion about me personally, where i'm chill with one and don't want the other. i think it's fair to say check someone's Before You Follow page if they have one or read their blog description to see what their preferences/boundaries are, but i wouldn't go as far as to say straight men are wholly unwanted, from what i've seen! 

Same here! Tbh as long as you're not a creep, then I'm fine with interacting with just about anyone. 

9 hours ago, Grey on a Sunday said:

Same here! Tbh as long as you're not a creep, then I'm fine with interacting with just about anyone. 

Me, too: yes, I’m queer, but I enjoy interacting with people on Tumblr regardless of their gender or sexuality. 

Hmm. I've been avoidin tumblr for a long time and I like this forum because this feels like a sorta separate corner of the internet... but perhaps I should try? Hmm hmm. If I have the time. Thanks for the tips!