Sneeze Fetish Forum

Opposites Attract

castiel_angel

Hi everyone!! You may have previously known me as castiel_angel, but with a new year comes new change. I am so excited for this new story idea, and I hope your ready to join me on the ride!! This first part won’t contain any sneezing because I need to set the stage for the story, but don’t worry I won’t let you down!

ENJOY!

——————

Opposites Attract

——————

Part 1

“10!”

“9!”

“8!”

“7!”

“6!”

“5!”

“4!”

“3!”

“2!”

“1!”

“Happy New Year!”

I watched as everyone around me clinked glasses of bubbling champagne shared a first kiss of the new year. Gold confetti fell around me and landed at my glittering heels, various noisemakers piercing the air.

This was supposed to be my year—a year full of success and more importantly love. Speaking of love, tonight was the one year anniversary of and Holden Somersille and I.

We had been through so much over the last through years that I couldn’t see herself without him, yet something wasn’t right about our love. 

The music started up again as everyone carried on with the party. More drinks were passed around and conversations picked up once more.

I felt a warm hand on her shoulder. Turning around I was met with the warm brown eyes of my boyfriend. 

“Holden—“ I started, confused as to why he wasn’t there to ring in the new year with me.

“Sorry, baby. I got a call from the guys and I guess I sort of got carried away.” He pushed his sandy blonde curls out of his eyes, flashing a grin.

“And that’s supposed to be an acceptable excuse for missing the countdown?” I asked, growing upset. Recently Holden had been going out more and more, getting wasted, and crashing on the couch. It was like one big cycle and I just wanted out.

“Look, Sophie-bear, all that matters is that I’m here now,” Holden said, handing me a glass of champagne.

“Holden this is getting—“ 

He shushed me, placing a finger against my lips.

“To Sophie and Holden—the unstoppable duo,” Holden said, clinking his glass against mine.

He took a long pull of the bubbling liquid, brown eyes looking in my direction.

“You haven’t tasted the champagne,” he said blatantly.

I peered into the glass at the drink, slowly bringing it up to my mouth. I took a small sip, faking a smile.

“Sophie Matthews, lets make this year a great one,” Holden shouted, grabbing my face in his hands. He pulled me towards him, our lips only an inches apart. My breath against his, his body against mine; it just wasn’t right. 

I didn’t love him—he was just a temporary fill for the growing void in my heart. He said everything I needed to hear at the time, made me feel special. I fell on my knees, vulnerable to his deceptive ways. I was and never will be a priority of his, really only a shoulder to lean on when he was too drunk to stand up straight. 

I pushed his face away, ending our embrace.

“Holden, I think you and I are over,” I said with a shaking breath.

“Baby, I don’t know what your talking about!” Holden said, taking another swig from his drink.

“This relationship really isn’t going anywhere,” I continued, a tear falling down my cheek.

“But I love you,” he said, taking another drink.

“Holden what day’s my birthday?” I ask.

“I hardly see why that’s relevant to right now—“

“I said, what days my birthday?” I repeated in a stronger voice.

“Uh...April 24?” He asked with a shrug.

“No, it’s December 10. Holden you don’t even know my birthday—how can you call what we have love?” I asked, more tears falling.

“Big deal, I don’t know your birthday. Are you going to forget about that fresh new flatscreen I got you? Or what about that yacht we rented for graduation—“

“That’s not important to me Holden. Moments spent together are, which you never seemed to have the time to offer,” I said.

“You’ll be sorry without me,” he spat back, “a sorry little prick who will have no where to go. I made you who you are today,” he growled.

“It’s over,” I said, pulling on my jacket over my sleek black dress, walking off.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said I MADE you!” He shouted after me.

I didn’t need him. I deserved more than broken beer bottles and nights spent alone, right?

I stepped outside and slid against the brick wall until I was sitting on the ground. I pulled out my phone and with trembling hands I called my best friend Ashley. 

Within a half hour I saw her white car pull up against the curb.

“Oh my God! Sophie what happened?!” Ashley shouted as she hopped out of her car.

“It’s Holden—it’s, uh, it’s over between us,” I said, tears spilling down my cheeks.

“Oh, Soph, I’m so sorry,” she said, pulling me into a hug.

“How about I give you a ride back to my place. You can stay there until your ready,” she said sweetly, rubbing my back as I buried my face in my hands.

It was only half past midnight and already my year was ruined. 

Ashley had set up the guest room for me, bringing in a warm cup of coffee as I sat amongst the covers of the bed. 

“You know it’s not the end of the world, right?” She said softly. I knew she was only trying to make me feel better, but at the moment I just wanted to cry. 

I suppose in the end I got what I wanted, I just feel angry at myself for spending a year of my life in that good-for-nothing relationship. 

“Just rest up. I’ll get you busy on your feet tomorrow so you stop sulking,” she said with a small smile.

“Thanks, Ash. Don’t know what I’d do without you,” I said. 

“That’s what friends are for,” she replied, “call me if you need anything,” she said, before closing the door softly.

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

2:03 am. Two hours and three minutes into the new year and I was now a single Pringle.

I laid back and shut my eyes. This was going to be a long year.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m backkkk!! Just a disclaimer that I am NOT a veterinarian and do not know the ins and outs of how the process works.

enjoy! :)

Mondays in the clinic were always long. Ten hour shifts at the Winding Grove Veterinary Clinic proved to be challenging on even the best of days. The work was rewarding though, and about nothing could beat seeing the beaming smile of pet owners as they reunite with their furry friend.

My boss, Cameron, had just popped his head in my office. I was currently hanging a new calendar on my wall along side many other pictures of various pets and clients I had worked with in the past.

”Hey, Sophie. Sorry to bother you, but if you don’t mind we have an intern coming in today to shadow you while you work.”

I set my stapler down and turned towards my boss.

”That’s fine,” I said in reply. Actually it was horrible, I thought. I had a tendency to get nervous around people watching me work. 

”His name is Owen Moore. In his last semester of vet school and about ready to find a clinic to call home. I’ll send him in when he arrives.”

”Thanks Cameron,” I said, taking a deep breath. I looked over the file that my boss had handed me.

5’12, UCLA graduate, only a month younger than me....

I knew the feeling of internship all too well. It had only been at the start of this year that I studied with Ashley, whose now my best friend. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts with a gentle knocking on the door.

”Hi, my name is Owen Moore. The front desk told me I was shadowing you today?”

My eyes traveled up and down the intern. Fluffy dark brown hair, dimples, a bright smile, and baby blue scrubs. 

”Hello, Mr. Moore. My name is Sophie, and I’ll be your guide today at the clinic,” I said with a smile. He returned it, and I felt my heart jump in a way it hadn’t since Holden.

”Please, doctor, call me Owen. ‘Mr.’ makes me seem old.”

”Alright, Owen it is.”

I couldn’t help but notice the dark circles under his eyes or the slight flush to his cheeks.

”So, what’s on the agenda today?” He asked.

”Well, shortly we have a check up with a Yorkshire Terrier named Daisy. But first, coffee,” I said, laughing nervously.

”That sounds like a much needed first step,” he said, a sniff punctuating the latter.

I led Owen to the break room where I poured both of us a cup.

”How do you like your coffee?” I asked, pouring an excess amount of creamer into my cup. 

”Plain with two—huh—two—h’excuse-heh—me—h’ESH’eww! h’ng’tshh! Ugh, sorry. My allergies are always acting up at this time of year.”

”Bless you. What were you about to say?”

“Sorry. I was about to say I like my coffee plain with two sugars,” he said with a sheepish grin.

I felt my heart skip a beat as his chocolatey eyes met mine.

I handed him his cup, and he eagerly took it.

”We better get back so we can meet our client,” I said.

”Sounds good,” he said.

”Owen?” I said suddenly.

”Y-huh-yes? h’tshh’eww!”

Hope you’re ready for a crazy day,” I said, handing him the tissue box off of the countertop.

”In my time working as a vet I’ve learned to just go with it,” Owen said with a laugh.

”I couldn’t agree more,” I said, smiling. Maybe the new year wasn’t so bad off after all....

• 2 months later...

Part 3 (Sorry if there’s grammar errors—it’s quite late (early!) and I’m struggling to proofread 😅)

It didn’t take long for Owen to get in the swing of things. He had a natural way with animals, and I may have been guilty of staring at him once or twice in the process.

”Owen, could you hand me the cotton swabs over on the counter?” I asked, prepping for the vaccine. Giving animals shots was never my favorite thing, but I knew it was only to help, which is what powered me through.

Owen handed me the cotton swab jar, his fingers gently grazing mine in the process. It was cliche, I know, but that didn’t stop the rosy blush from creeping up my cheeks. I looked away from his clear blue eyes, worried that if I looked into them any longer I would forget about the job I had to complete.

“Wait, Doctor Matthews—“ Owen said, signaling me to stop.

”Is there a problem?” I asked, confused.

I understood as he held a finger up, breath hitching.

h’ITch’YIEWW! h— h’aesSH’OO!” Owen turned away from me, his head bobbing with every explosion.

”Bless you,” I said, a bit worried that Owen was either allergic to something in the clinic or coming down with something.

”Sorry about that....I didn’t want to catch you off guard while you were giving the vaccine to Daisy,” he said, rubbing his nose against his fist.

”Are we all clear to go?” I asked with a smirk.

”Ready when you are Doc,” he said, giving me a salute. I laughed, filling the syringe with the medication.

Owen soothed the Yorkie pup as I inserted the needle as fast as I could, trying to limit the pain for the whimpering puppy. 

“All done, Daisy,” I said, petting the miniature dog on the head.

Owen helped me bandage her leg up, feeding her a dog biscuit for her good behavior. 

”Who’s a good girl? You are!” Owen cooed at the puppy, getting a lick to the nose in response. He pushed the puppy down gently, sniffing.

h’AYESHH’EWW!”” 

Bless you,” I said, turning around.

”Thank you. The little puppy here caught me off guard,” Owen said with a laugh.

”I’m sorry to say it, but we’re gonna have to return your new friend to the waiting room,” I said, smiling as Owen made a pouty face.

”So soon? We only just met!” Owen said in a playful tone, rubbing the puppy’s stomach.

”We have to return Daisy to her owner soon because we have another appointment coming in shortly,” I said.

”Alright,” Owen said, securing Daisy’s pink leash back onto her collar. He walked her out of the room, her tiny paws scurrying across the tile floor. Daisy’s owner was waiting patiently out in the waiting room with her daughter.

”Daisy!” The little girl screeched with delight, running over to scoop up the four-legged friend.

”I thought I might never see you again!” She said, hugging the dog tightly to her chest.

”And what might your name be?” Owen asked the little girl, bending down to reach her level.

“K-Kaylee” she said shyly, looking up at Owen.

”What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl,” he said with a smile. Just seeing him interact with children warmed my heart. He would be such an amazing dad—not that I would be thinking about that or anything...

“Mister, what did you do to my doggy?” she asked, innocent wide eyes glaring up to him.

”Kaylee! Where are your manners?!” Her mother called out to her.

”It’s quite alright,” Owen said with a laugh, “you see, Kaylee, me and that pretty woman over there, Doctor Matthews, gave your puppy some medicine so she would feel better.” Did he just say pretty? My heart skipped a beat in my chest.

”Oh. Why does she need a bandaid?” Kaylee asked sweetly. 

”Have you ever fallen and scraped your knee, Kaylee?” I asked, chiming into the conversation. She nodded, wide eyes now staring at me.

“Well, just like when your mommy patches you up with a bandaid we did the same for Daisy,” I said cheerfully.

”Is she okay?” Kaylee asked, nervously glancing at her dog.

”She’s good as knew,” Owen said with a warm smile.

“She’s perfectly happy and healthy,” I added. The little girl seemed pleased with this response, patting the pup on the head.

”Excuse me one sec—“ Owen said apologetically, turning himself away from the group. “h—h’ITSH’EWW! huh’YSHHh’EW! h—hn—h’ETSCH’EW!” He sniffed in the aftermath, rubbing his nose gently with his hand.

”Apologies,” he said sheepishly, his cheeks blushing with slight embarrassment.

”Bless you,” I said along with the mother, the little girl standing silently in awe.

”Mister doctor, are you allergic to my puppy?” She asked innocently. I chuckled to myself, waiting to see what Owen would have to say towards that.

”Not to your puppy, Kaylee, but to pollen. Do you know what that is?” He asked gently, still rubbing at his irritated nose.

”Um...is it that stuff of flowers that looks all yellow and gross?” she asked.

”That’s the stuff,” he said, “when I’m around it I have to sneeze.”

”Oh,” she said, more to herself then us, “My brother does that too when he’s around flowers,” she said proudly.

“He must be allergic to pollen too,” Owen said, turning his head to lightly cough into his fist. Judging by the tinged hue of his cheeks and his sunken in expression I doubted that it was allergies that were bothering him, but it wasn’t my place to say anything, After all, he was only my intern for the day.

“Kaylee, we have to get going sweet pea,” her mom called, grabbing her hand and Daisy’s dog leash.

”Bye Mister and Misses Doctor!” She called out, turning to leave with her mom.

”Bye Kaylee,” we said in unison, Laughing to ourselves as she skipped off.

”I didn’t know you were so good with kids,” I remarked.

”They’re adorable—and I suppose I’m still a kid at heart. Always have been,” he said wistfully, blue eyes sparkling.

”Thats sweet,” I said smiling. I couldn’t tell if it was the room or Owen’s smile, but I suddenly felt warm. I adjusted the collar on my scrubs, pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes.

On the other hand, Owen looked to be shivering. I decided not to ask about it, but instead make it seem like it was me who wanted the temperature up.

”Is it just me or is it a bit chilly in here?” I lied, glancing at Owen. He looked up in my direction.

”I think it’s a bit cold as well,” he said. So he was cold. I made a mental note to close the lobby door to block some of the cold winter draft. Aim the mean time I turned up the thermostat to a little over a comfortable temperature as to not affect the other guests and employees in the clinic.

”Are you ready for the next patient?” I asked Owen. The man in question was staring blankly at the wall across from us, subconsciously twitching his nose.

”Owen?” I called, “Earth to Owen.” I snapped my fingers once in front of his face. Instantly he jumped, shaking his head as if to clear it.

”Sorry, I was thinking,” he said with flushed grin.

”I just wanted to know if you are ready for our next client,” I said softly, feeling a bit bad for embarrassing him.

”Yeah, just let me run to the bathroom,” he said, walking in that sort of I really have to freaking pee dance. There was a bathroom connected to the examination room we were in, which was the one he opted for. 

Faintly I heard water running from the faucet and a nose blow, followed by a bout of coughing. I felt bad for him having to work when he wasn’t feeling well, though on a more selfish note I really enjoy his company. As I heard the bathroom door unlock and open, I grabbed a clipboard pretending like I was reviewing notes and not eavesdropping.

“Are you doing okay?” I asked causally, looking up at him from where I was standing.

”Yeah, why do you ask?” He asked, trying his best not to draw attention to his itching nose. I gestured to the tissues he had in his hand.

”I’m perfectly fine, Doctor Matthews, just a side effect of my allergies.” Now normally this could be an acceptable answer, but now that I thought about it the more I realized it couldn’t be allergies. It was the dead of January and all the the plants were dead, covered by layers of frost and powdery snow. There’s no way that ‘pollen’ could be irritating him; not at this time of year.

”Just making sure,” I said, pretending not to care. He really didn’t seem too good.

h’AESH’eww! h’TSHH’EWW!” Really not that good.

”Bless you,” I said politely, shrugging off the bout of coughing that followed. It really was none of business I suppose, though my heart can’t help but hurt for him.

”Thank you,” he replied.

”So, our next patient is a kitten named Button,” I said, pointing to my agenda chart. As ironic as it may seem, I’ve been allergic to cats my whole life. As a vet, taking allergy meds everyday makes things run smoothly. I grabbed my purse from underneath my desk and rummaged around looking for my medication, but it was nowhere to be found.

”Shit,” I whispered under my breath, a wave of panic washing over me.

”Owen, would you mind signing the client in? I have to run out to my car for a minute,” I said frantically. He gave me a questioning glance, but accepted my plea for help.

”Is everything okay?” He asked, staring at me quizzically as I rushed out the door.

”Peachy,” I replied, “I won’t be long. I promise,” I called out. 

In my car I dug through everything: the glove box, the front compartment, the cup holders, even under the seats; nothing. Things were not looking good, but I had to go inside. Owen was my intern and I couldn’t expect him to carry out a job without me there to guide him.

Empty handed I locked my car and rushed back inside. Let the sneezing begin I thought with a groan. It was going to be a long session. Luckily Owen had successfully signed in the guest and already had the little kitten in the examination room when I returned.

”Sorry about that,” I said, slightly out of breath, “Thank you so much for your help.”

”No problem,” he said, again rubbing his nose against his fist. He looked to be holding off the growing tickle, which wouldn’t benefit him in the long run.

”Owen, it’s not a crime to sneeze you know,” I said with a giggle, watching him try to stop the persistent itch, hid facial features scrunched up.

h’ITSH’eww! h’AESHHH’EW! huh’NTSHH’EW!” 

”Bless you,” I said.

”God, this nose of mine is gonna be the end of me,” Owen said with a groan. Speaking of, I could feel the effects of hanging around Button begin to settle in my sinuses. My eyes began to water and my nose tickle. I quickly wiped my eyes and nose, trying my best to keep the attention away from me.

”So let’s—huh—let’s see here—h—Button has a broken back leg and—huh—is struggling to walk,” I said, breath already hitching. I scrubbed the underside of my nose trying hard to stave off the itch.

”Poor little kitty,” Owen said, petting Button’s head. The cat made its way over to me as I came to the examination table, rubbing its head against my arm.

”I think he likes you a lot,” Owen said with a laugh. Button meowed loudly as if to agree.

”How—huh—s’h—sweet,” I said, breath hitching once more. Owen stared at me, crystal eyes flashing over me as I rubbed my nose, the itch ceasing to leave.

”You know, it’s not a crime to sneeze,” Own said with a smirk, mocking my words from earlier.

”I don’t have to—huh—sneez—h’sEWW!” The outburst provided little relief as the persistent itch returned once more.

”Bless you,” Owen said with a laugh.

”Thank you,” I said, doing my best to move on and in ignore the itch.

”Before we start we’re going to need to get an x-ray of Button’s injured leg to see what kind of fracture we’re dealing with,” I said.

”Sounds good,” Owen said, grabbing the clip board and info sheets. Looks like I was left to carry Button. Great.

I scooped up the cat, already feeling her fur fly everywhere. I didn’t have a free hand so I was left scrunching up my nose to fight the persistent, nagging tickle. I walked quicker, feeling my breathing grow shallow and my nose burn with an itch. Just in time I was able to drop off Button on the x-ray table before I turned to deal with the impending sneezing fit.

h’CHIEW! h—h’shh’IEW! ashh’EW! h’ttch’IEW! h’nsh! h’nsh! h’tch! h’nxsh! h’CHIEWW!”

I sniffled in the aftermath, swiping at my nose discreetly.

”Jesus, bless you!” Owen said, eyes wide.

”Thanks,” I said, already feeling the tickle return to my nose.

”Are you okay?” he asked with a concerned glance in my direction, his eyes doing a once over on me.

”Perfectly fine,” I said with a grin. The itch had intensified, but I did my best to hold it off, pinching the bridge of my nose gently.

”So what’s the game plan?” He asked.

”So, I’m going to have you hook Button up to the x-ray while I—“

huh’ITSHH’EWW! h’YSSHH’OO!—Sorry,” Owen said with a sniff.

”Bless you. As I was saying, I’m gonna have you hook a Button up to the x-ray while I work the machinery,” I said.

”Sounds like a plan,” he said.

We got Button x-rayed safely, returning her back to the examination room.

”From what I can see there was a hairline fracture on her joint,” I said. Owen nodded in agreement.

”Looks like it started off in the joint and got worse as a Button kept walking on it,” Owen said. 

”We’re gonna need to fix her up in a cast,” I said, “Thankfully we don’t have to handle that. My friend, Doctor Henry, deals with casts for the animals.

”Hang in there buddy,” Owen said softly as Button let out a troubled meow.

”Let me go drop him off with Doctor Henry,” I said.

I scooped the kitten up, carefully angling my face as far away from Button’s fur as possible. Again, I felt my breath hitch. I tried my best to hold in the tickle, but it was no use.

“h’tsh’EW! ‘Chiew!” Sorry,” I said to the cat, who squirmed around in my arms in response to my outburst. I entered Doctor Henry’s examination room with the kitten.

h’SHiew! The kitten’s all yours,” I said with a miserable sniff, handing the animal off to Doctor Henry.

”Bless,” he said, taking the kitten from me.

”Hairline fracture in the back leg,” I explained, rubbing my irritated nose.

h’TSH’ew! ‘Chiew! h’esh’ii!” 

I’ve never seen you have a reaction this bad to cats,” Doctor Henry remarked, handing me a tissue from his desk.

”Forgot my meds,” I said with a lighthearted laugh, rubbing my nose once more.

”Well, take it easy, okay?” He told me. Doctor Henry was like my office dad. He scolded me when I was too stubborn for my own good and was there for me when I needed a friendly face to talk to.

”I will,” I promised, heading out.

h’TSH’EW!” 

“God bless you, Sophie,” he said after me. I called out a ‘thanks’ and returned to Owen.

”Well now that Button’s gone what do you say to lunch?” I offered, “my treat.”

”Now, Doctor Matthews, I couldn’t ask you to buy me lunch!” Owen exclaimed.

”Just hush and accept it—it’s been a hard day and you deserve it,” I said. 

”Thank you,” Owen said, and he truly meant it. I could tell by the way his eyes shined and by the way his mouth turned up in a grin.

h’shIEW! ‘shhIEW! h’tch!” I sniffed lightly, wiping the allergic tears from my eyes.

”Bless you. Are you okay?” Owen asked, noticing my facial expression.

”I’m fine. Just a side effect of my cat allergy. I’ve dealt with it my whole life, only normally I’m on medication to alleviate it.”

”Awe, That must suck being a vet and all,” he said sympathetically.

”It has its ups and downs,” I replied with a sniff.

”So....lunch,” he said, a grin returning to his face.

”I think I know a place,” I said with a smile. I couldn’t tell if the growing flush on his cheeks was from excitement or a fever. I decided I would have to find out—for you know....work reasons. I could have an employee—intern or not—miserable and sick on the job. That just wouldn’t be right, even if this wasn’t my place to interfere.

“h’ESHH’EWW!” A ragged sneeze brought me back to reality.

”Bless you,” I said, wishing I could do more for him. 

“Thank you,” he replied.

”Alright, pull on your jacket and come with me,” I said, watching him slip on his jacket, hat, and scarf. He looked adorable in his winter entire, but I wasn’t about to blatantly say that. 

We stepped outside the clinic and into the frosty January air. The day may have been cold, but thoughts of Owen kept me warm. 

TBC.....

Edited by ☆ Saffron ☆
2 am and spelling don’t mix
  • 2 months later...

This is so good!! I really hope you continue (and that it’s ethical for Sophie to date Owen)!!! :jump: