Coronavirus: has it changed your attitude to sneezing?

ukrsneeze

Hello! As we all know, right now there is a problem with this new virus being spread around the world. Media and people commenting on this started to write and joke much more about sneezing as a way to get infected. Thinking about it and reading jokes under YouTube video about sneezing made me write this post and ask your opinion on it.

So, my questions are:

1. In the fight between the fetish and being infected, what do you choose? Would you still stay near someone sneezing just to observe it? Or this situation has changed something for you at least until they find a solution?

2. You can share here some funny news/jokes connected with sneezing shared due to the new virus.

Edited by ukrsneeze
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saimou

• bloom

• SneezyHolmes

• Chanel_no5

1 minute ago, ukrsneeze said:

1. In the fight between the fetish and being infected, what do you choose?

Not getting infected. Duh. I may not always want to live, but I do not want to go from pneumonia. And even if the infection would be mild for me, there's always the risk of spreading it to someone else who's not as lucky. Better to avoid infection altogether. But that's my stance on regular colds as well, so... I'm torn between panic and calm since we don't know what's going to happen with it yet, but I would always advice caution over recklessness, fetish or not. If not for your own sake, then for other people's. 

Getting too freaked-out is counterproductive though. Stress is negative on the immune system. 

Luckily I mostly enjoy the fetish through fiction and I almost never interact with people in real life, but yeah, no, this is just scary. 

2 hours ago, ukrsneeze said:

Hello! As we all know, right now there is a problem with this new virus being spread around the world. Media and people commenting on this started to write and joke much more about sneezing as a way to get infected. Thinking about it and reading jokes under YouTube video about sneezing made me write this post and ask your opinion on it.

So, my questions are:

1. In the fight between the fetish and being infected, what do you choose? Would you still stay near someone sneezing just to observe it? Or this situation has changed something for you at least until they find a solution?

2. You can share here some funny news/jokes connected with sneezing shared due to the new virus.

I work in healthcare.  If I know someone has more than a cold (or suspect it), I’m throwing on a mask at work or avoiding them out of it as much as I can, especially after my dad died from influenza.   I don’t want that shit, so, no.     Colds are my limit and there’s a reason I prefer allergies.    

NVM! Hush up Holmes!

Edited by SneezyHolmes
Don't wanna start an argument.
4 hours ago, ukrsneeze said:

I generally only observe sneezes from a distance where I'm pretty sure I can't be in infected. But if I had the choice I would pick not staying close anytime. While I have a strong immune system and probably won't get extremely ill I don't want to risk my health for anything.

i think the whole thing is ridiculously sensationalized and overblown and none of my fetish-related habits or activities will change at all because of it

I don't care about the Corona Virus. More people die of the flu. Corona Virus has had zero effect on my fetish and it never crosses my mind whenever I indulge in it.

I don't go following people around who sneeze anyway, or draw closer to them, or do anything that would be the least bit noticeable. I can enjoy it briefly and then get back to what I was doing before. I also wouldn't want to get infected with anything in real life either, though maybe that doesn't need to be said.

2 hours ago, jejune said:

i think the whole thing is ridiculously sensationalized and overblown and none of my fetish-related habits or activities will change at all because of it

I couldn't have put it better myself.

7 hours ago, Bondi said:

I don't care about the Corona Virus. More people die of the flu. Corona Virus has had zero effect on my fetish and it never crosses my mind whenever I indulge in it.

I don't go following people around who sneeze anyway, or draw closer to them, or do anything that would be the least bit noticeable. I can enjoy it briefly and then get back to what I was doing before. I also wouldn't want to get infected with anything in real life either, though maybe that doesn't need to be said.

^ Pretty much sums me up perfectly. Especially the whole sticking around/drawing closer to someone who might/are sneeze(ing). That's... yeah. 

21 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Not getting infected. Duh. I may not always want to live, but I do not want to go from pneumonia. And even if the infection would be mild for me, there's always the risk of spreading it to someone else who's not as lucky. Better to avoid infection altogether. But that's my stance on regular colds as well, so... I'm torn between panic and calm since we don't know what's going to happen with it yet, but I would always advice caution over recklessness, fetish or not. If not for your own sake, then for other people's. 

Getting too freaked-out is counterproductive though. Stress is negative on the immune system. 

Luckily I mostly enjoy the fetish through fiction and I almost never interact with people in real life, but yeah, no, this is just scary. 

Exactly what Chanel_no5 said. 

My sneeze fetish is 100% based on fictional characters and listening on YouTube (I don’t like visualizing people, it spoils it for me) and I too tend to stay away from people in general as much as I can.
90% of people I hear sneezing in real life revolts me so I guess Corona virus or not the situation doesn’t change for me!

On 1/31/2020 at 5:31 PM, ukrsneeze said:

1. In the fight between the fetish and being infected, what do you choose?

I'm surprised this is even a question at all.

It takes a body, preferably a live and healthy one, to enjoy any kind of sexual activity, fetishist or otherwise.

Besides, @Bondi, forgive me to presume, but no the flu doesn't take out more people that Corona, since the ratio is one in 10000 or something for the flu, and so far it's closer to one dead out of two infected by coronavirus...but then this shit is pretty new, so...

Don' t get sick, and have fun.

@Elektra maybe, I know they said on the radio, that flu kills more people, but they weren't any kind of authority and it might've been the other two kind of heckling the one for being so afraid of Coronavirus when he's never been afraid of any other sickness that the media has ever made a big deal about. Guess ratios would change things up, too. :)

The World Health Organization puts the death rate of coronavirus at 2% and shows that the elderly and those with compromised immune systems are by far the most at risk, similar to the flu. The real worry about coronavirus is about how quickly the illness spreads, not how deadly it is. Just to be clear.

Anyway, no it doesn't impact my fetish but I do feel like this fetish would be heavily impacted in the midst of a major highly contagious airborne pathogen epidemic. If coronavirus had a 10% death rate with the same frightening degree of virulence, and it had already spread to most of the world, I think this fetish would be hugely impacted, in unpredictable ways.

As it is, though, no impact should be expected---unless you are in an area, perhaps, where the virus is considerably more common and widespread than it is in the US or Western Europe at present.

I think there is a lot of hype to the coronavirus - especially if you look at it vs flu.  

I don't really get close with observations, so I don't think it will really affect me regarding that. 

To be honest, my own fetish gets impacted by simple *colds*, people;) I mean, I love enjoying it, but as soon as I'm in contact with any illness that has a chance to spread and contaminate me, I get freaked out enough that it dampens any fetishy reaction I might have. And it's a shame, I might add. Any idea how to stop that?

stuff like this used to bother me a lot, but when anyone near me is sick with anything i don't really have any form of reaction anymore unless i'm already attracted to them. i agree that coronavirus is mega sensationalized and not really on my radar!

What @Chanel_no5, @aggedy_ann and I think also some others said - of course I would notice if someone I find attractive is looking sick, is coughing or speaking with a sick-voice; but I would never risk getting infected. This means - I would keep my distance, wash my hands aso. I also get my flu shot every year.

We don't know much about the new virus yet. Only that it spreads very fast and that the symptoms seem to be mild for a healthy person. I think,  there's no need to panic; but it doesn't hurt to be careful and attentive in general.

So, the answer to your question, @ukrsneeze is no. Because all the things I've written in the last lines have already pertained during the last years; if the topic was SARS, avian influenza, swine-flu, every older influenza-type or now the new corona virus. Take care of yourself, everyone. :)

Flu, in all its developing varieties, doesn't have much to do with the fetish for me. Despite popular confundlement, influenza and the common cold are two different virus genres (as far as I know, which is NOT very far at all) and basically I'm all about the latter, whereas the former - yeah no.

Sorry for the slight threadjacking, but I think the media is really just spreading panic over the issue. Today, I read from a paper that WHO warned that up to 60% of the people of the world might get infected with the Coronavirus, but of course, what many people over here don’t realize, is that that means that in countries like China and India, at least like 85% people stand the risk of being infected, whereas in a Nordic country, like Finland (my home country), maybe 10% are at a risk. Sure, that’s a lot, but nowhere near the threat that the media makes it out to be.

But yeah, in answering to the original question, colds don’t normally bother me, and I do have a strong immune system, but in this case, I’d rather just observe from afar, than risk my health.

Saimou

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 7:52 AM, jejune said:

Same here for sure. I'm having a lady around on March 27 who I haven't played with for 18 months. She's going to sniff chhinkinni and sneeze on me. I expect no ill effects.

I mean it did somewhat cross my mind that sneezes that I love so much could be spreading coronavirus. But as others have said, I’m not getting that close to anyone sneezing anyway and if they look ill you can bet I’m definitely avoiding any close contact. Which I would do regardless of coronavirus, since it’s cold and flu season and I don’t want that junk either. 
 I prefer to enjoy my fetish from afar and behind the computer screen as opposed to real life, I guess. And prefer allergies or random sneezes to those from any type of illness. 

As far as I'm concerned, I hadn't heard of the Coronavirus before today. It must be said that I do not follow the news at all, neither on TV, nor elsewhere. But that doesn't change my reactions to fetishism in any way. If I had a wife and she had a cold, I would not reject her for fear of being infected. And that even if we discover that she has Coronavirus.

For the others, the strangers in the street, it is not as if I was going to stick myself under their noses. But I'm not going to distance myself either. I have a very good immune system and although there are always risks, I don't like to change my habits.

So to answer the initial question, I would not move away from people with colds and even less if it is a loved one. The only difference is that I would not be there for fetishism, but rather out of compassion, for fear of losing my loved ones. I would therefore get no erotic pleasure. :unsure:

On 1/31/2020 at 4:22 PM, jejune said:

the latter half of this statement is still true but at this point i think there's enough of a risk for me that i'm going to go buy the type of mask that actually works for this stuff, because i'm immunocompromised and have asthma and fairly likely to die if i catch this, so lmao

17 hours ago, jejune said:

the latter half of this statement is still true but at this point i think there's enough of a risk for me that i'm going to go buy the type of mask that actually works for this stuff, because i'm immunocompromised and have asthma and fairly likely to die if i catch this, so lmao

You're young enough that I think you'd be ok Jejune. But I know it's important to take precautions.

Please all remember though, a mask doesn't work if your fingers get the virus on them and then you touch your face near your eyes or nose. So - good handwashing.