Sneeze Fetish Forum

Coronavirus: has it changed your attitude to sneezing?

ukrsneeze

I did panic, then I calmed down, then I read an interview with the first British guy to be infected (in Wuhan) and he claims his cat caught the same thing from him and died, so now I'm back to panicking at my peak performance even if WHO still says there is no evidence supporting the idea that pets can catch it. No case here is serious (yet, as far as we know, but patient identity protection rules means we can't know details or even in which towns all confirmed cases live), but we're up to 137 confirmed cases today, from 64 yesterday, and the epidemiologist in charge from the national public health organisation coughed into his hands (!) during a televised press conference the other day, so my confidence in the people working to contain this is not exactly on a high level. Also they classify information about the hospitals' preparedness which wasn't classified before, and that too has me nervous as hell. So no, I am not calm, and I won't be until we get some very clear, very consistent answers by people who know what they're talking about and actually practice what they preach. I do believe our national "mainstream media" is trying their hardest to give balanced reports, but that doesn't help if the information they get isn't correct, and I'm not entirely sure I trust their sources. But what can I do? Wash my hands, avoid people as far as possible (which I do anyway), and make sure I have some extra supplies at home so I can make it a week or so without having to go to the store. I'm already a germaphobe so I always wash my hands the first thing I do when I come home from somewhere, and I'm very aware of not touching things and then touching my face when I'm out. And to be careful and considerate myself about covering when I cough/sneeze and such. And obviously obey quarantine rules if it comes to that. But that's literally the only thing I can do right now, so I have to make do with it. I'm not calm, but I feel I'm as prepared as I can be at the moment. All I can do more right now is hope I won't get it, and if I do get it, that I won't get anyone else sick (including my pets), and that the symptoms would be mild. 

Honestly, on a lighter note, I wish I could get spoilers for this season of Humanity: The Great Experiment. Will we die of a plague? Will we start WWIII? Is this fucking reality even real anymore? :lol:  It's been a long and strange trip, the past few years, hasn't it? 

Edited by Chanel_no5
one more case confirmed while I wrote this.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saimou

• bloom

• SneezyHolmes

• Chanel_no5

Where I live there are 3 confirmed cases in the state, and all of them are in my county. They contracted it on a cruise and got tested when they got back. I’m kind of annoyed about this, but they’re being quarantined in their home.

I spend a lot of time at home anyway. I’m not a germaphobe by any means, but I’m also not a hugger or anything like that. I think I’m more concerned about people who are germaphobes who see me rub my nose or something and demand that I Purell. That’s my main source of panic regarding this “epidemic.” A while ago I wrote a post about a customer I had that was a germaphobe and she made a big deal out of me touching any part of my face. I don’t like being singled out for any reason, but when it’s something like an innocent nose rub, that’s even scarier to me. 

As far as my attitude towards sneezing, I have wondered what will happen as we move into allergy season and people are probably going to have to convince others that it’s “just their allergies.” Which may be nice to hear more of. Not something I wish to have to participate in personally, however. :P

I agree that it's been overblown, at least in the US given the numbers. But because of our inclinations here, we probably see reports on it more than ANYONE else haha It's like anytime you casually search for anything "sneeze" related... BOOM! there's four articles/videos on coronavirus.

This is why I have always preferred allergy sneezes over sneezes caused by illness - no contagion to worry about, which has always been an aspect of the fetish which sits uncomfortably with me...

I might be different in that I'm somewhat of a germaphobe and I think part of the appeal of sneezing for me (normally) is that there is kind of this "dangerous woman" aspect to it. Like someone that you want to get close to and be around, but at the same time there is a level of risk.

Because I'm a germaphobe, I'm kind of low-key panicking about it right now. I'm in NYC where there is "community spread," and my company sent out an email earlier this week announcing some of the decisions they're making with respect to it.

I'm lucky to work at a company that takes it very seriously, but the announcement definitely freaked me out.

Since then, it has been something that is kind of "in the back of my mind" whenever I think about sneezing. Like I still fantasize about cute girls sneezing, but if my mind "goes there" and veers into thinking about the coronavirus, it's puts a damper on the whole thing. It's too serious for me.

The increased levels of sneeze talk and news stories with sneezing women as the header images are quite nice. 

Less good is all these people buying face masks at extortionate prices even though they make you more likely to catch the virus, people suddenly caring more about this flu-variant than actual threats to the world, and the increase in racially motivated violence and policy-making happening all over the world.

Edited by Shining Light

My company has gone from the mentality of "meh. The flu is worse" to "we'll close down, as soon as cases start spreading within the country". 

I'm worried, no doubt. Mostly about people I care for (since my parents are of high age (70-something and 65), and my girlfriend is epileptic and has preexisting lung issues. 

I'm of excellent health myself but the people around me are not. 

Furthermore the economic impact which piggybacked this virus worries me too. The whole house of cards seem to come tumbling down currently. 

The city in which I live was the first to have a confirmed case, but they quickly proved how able our Healthcare system is, which is reassuring. (unlike our damn social security system. That shit's a mess) 

Stay safe everyone! 

Oh, great, I was waiting for that to happen. What took them so long? :rolleyes: 

Took 'em a hot minute this time around! Ya'll vanillas losing your edge lmfao! :laugh:

awesomely interacting with that thread and saying i was in the screenshot has gotten me more twitter followers in twelve hours than i've gotten in the last two months 

Normally I hate it when the fetish gets attention from vanillas, but this is very amusing to me.

Honestly, with some of the stuff I've seen around the internet about this, I think our thread here is relatively reasonable :lol: (also that is the most iconic way to gain twitter followers)

I just realized this got viral because I created this topic. just OMG

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3a84v9/sneeze-fetishists-have-some-thoughts-about-coronavirus

@Shining Light you are mentioned 

And thank you everyone for sharing your opinion, I hug you all ;) 

Edited by ukrsneeze

Heard that only 5% of Coronavirus cases show sneezing as a symptom and even if that’s not true it wouldn’t change my attitude towards sneezing

On 3/12/2020 at 12:33 AM, jejune said:

good news everyone

They included one of my posts - famous at last! :lol: I haven't felt so honored since Lou Reads quoted some of my posts in his online podcast that mocked the forum years ago!

47 minutes ago, NoV said:

They included one of my posts - famous at last! :lol: I haven't felt so honored since Lou Reads quoted some of my posts in his online podcast that mocked the forum years ago!

I enjoyed reading the replies to that tweet. It seems a lot of people are understanding of the fetish.

Fame at last! :o

I'm not too worried about being trash talked by "mr cant spell good".

It's idiotic, but at work today I did have to review a document with a misspelled name called "Fuctional specification" and I did think "lol, that sounds like f**k"

2 hours ago, Coolio said:

Heard that only 5% of Coronavirus cases show sneezing as a symptom and even if that’s not true it wouldn’t change my attitude towards sneezing

I think that’s probably true, since I heard today that the main symptoms are dry cough and fever. So, no sneezing or sniffly symptoms.

On 3/12/2020 at 1:33 AM, jejune said:

good news everyone

Soooooo this whole thing actually scares the living bejeebies out of me, okay. I KNOW there is no such thing as a protected space on the internet, but fucking helltoast on wheels, I feel less safe on the forum now - and I was already feeling pretty not so safe everyfuckingwhere else.

3 hours ago, March Hare said:

Soooooo this whole thing actually scares the living bejeebies out of me, okay. I KNOW there is no such thing as a protected space on the internet, but fucking helltoast on wheels, I feel less safe on the forum now - and I was already feeling pretty not so safe everyfuckingwhere else.

I don't understand how this is scary or why it would make you feel unsafe. People are gonna read that on twitter or the vice article, go "ha, funny", and then go read something else. The tone of the article was actually pretty positive and lighthearted compared to previous exposure this group has gotten.

On 1/31/2020 at 4:22 PM, jejune said:

i think the whole thing is ridiculously sensationalized and overblown and none of my fetish-related habits or activities will change at all because of it

I'm in complete agreement with jejune on this. I think all the closings of schools and concerts and stuff is nonsense and stupid. as long as a person is not very old or a child or have a compromised immune system then generally we should all be fairly fine over all. the media and people are for the most part scared and panicked for nothing. as long as your basicly aa healthy person and use your intelligences like regularly washing your hands and stuff not a real problem. the news people make it sound like in 5 minutes we'll all be infected and half of us will be dead in another two minutes. fracking stupid! I'm reminded of something s fellow said in 13th warrior "go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one moment longer, your fate is fixed, fair profits demand nothing"  so even if everybody else wants to "go hide in a hole" I will continue to live my life best I can as if there was no virus  or whatever. unless something actually changes drasticly like it mutates into like 100% lethality then I'm not going to worry bout it too much.