Sneeze Fetish Forum

Happy Cold Day (A Twist on the movie "Happy Death Day)

sneezingfun894

I know I need to finish "You're the Jack to My Rose", but I just had this idea.

Has anyone here seen the suspense/comedy Happy Death Day? I found it quite terrible, but the idea is, well, quite brilliant. So I thought of creating my own version of the movie, but instead of living every day the same day until she figures out who murdered her, my character has to figure out.... yeah, you guessed it. Who gave her a cold. Not sure how promising this prompt is, but I'm willing to develop it if people are interested in the concept. 

Without further ado, here's Happy Cold Day! Hope you enjoy it. 

Happy Cold Day

Brooke Haylor is a 19-year-old sophomore at Westin University, where she lives in a dorm with her friend Gabrielle. She has a boyfriend, Justin Wetherby, who’s the quarterback for the university football team. She is majoring in Journalism.

A calendar on the top wall marks February 3rd. It’s a cold morning. 6:46 am. Brooke’s alarm clock goes off the exact second she’s overtaken by an exploding sneeze which she has absolutely no time to stifle or cover. The force of the sneeze causes her to bend forward.

“Hiih’TSCHAH!” she moans, while grabbing her phone to turn the alarm off.

“Bless you”, Gabrielle responds, sleepily. “ ‘time is it?”

“Six forty-si-uh..uhhh-TSCHEW!” This time she manages to cover. “Ugh, excuse me. Six forty-five.”

“You getting sick?”

“N-nah, it’s uh... probably j-just... aller—HETSCHOO! HEH-TSCHOO! UH-TSCHOO! Allergies.”

“Bless you times three.” Gabrielle had a hint of annoyance in her voice. “Look here, Sneezy, if you’re really sick, I’m gonna be screwed. I have this huge test tomorrow and this cubicle of a dorm will probably be filled with germs. So you’d better hold all your illness germs inside that thin body of yours. I can’t afford to get sick, not now.”

“Whoa, whoa. Calm down, queen of Germophobeland. Like I said, I’m probably allergic. I’m guessing it has to do with one of those scented candles of yours.”

“Fine” Gabrielle said, rolling her eyes. “I’ll get rid of them. But you’d better not be sick.”

“Can’t promise, but I promise.” She picked up her phone to check the time. “Fuck, all your bickering got me late. I’d better rush.” She stood up and put on her clothes for the day. She grabbed her backpack and unpeeled a banana while she descended to the street. As she was rushing through campus, she ran into Justin, who looked a little pale.

“Bordig, babe.” He sniffled a bit as he embraced her.

“Good morning. You don’t sound too good, sweetie.”

“Yeah, I thigk I’b cobig down with a cold and –

He stopped mid-sentence, his expression frozen like the local lake.

“HUR-SCHOOO!” He managed to catch the sneeze into his hoodie.

“Bless you! That sounded painful. But you’d better steer clear from Gabrielle, if she finds out you’re sick, you’re – huh... heh... hold od... EH-TSCHEW!”

“Oh ndo, did I give you by cold?”

“It’s probably just allergies, don’t you worry your pretty little mind.” She said, as she gave him a quick smooch.” “I gotta run. Communications class. See you at lunch?”

“If I badage to sday alive...”

“You silly billy. Well, see you later.”

Again she ran through buildings and crowds of late students trying to make it to class in time. Just as she was reaching her class building, a girl went past her sneezing directly into her face, spraying her.

“What the hell?!” she blinked, not believing what had just happened.

The girl was still running but managed to shout a “sorry” before disappearing.

“Lucky day” she muttered, while entering Maddock Hall.

As she entered her class, she realized she was two minutes early, actually. Mr. Rhodes, her professor, hated tardy students and often penalized students for it. But not today for miss Haylor. She was just in time. She took a seat next to her good friend Claire, who was going through her notes.

“Hey!” Brooke said, cheerly. She genuinely enjoyed Claire’s friendship. She was the smartest in class and always willing to share her wisdom. But today Clara seemed a bit off, as she faintly replied to Brooke’s salutation.

“Hey. How are you?”

“Well, Gabrielle is paranoid about getting sick, Justin seems to be getting sick and I just got sneezed on by a total random. What about you?”

“Wow, you’ve been having a worse day than me so far. I’m okay.”

But she didn’t look it. Their convo was cut short by the arrival of Mr. Rhodes. Halfway through the lecture, Claire had already gone through 2/3 of her water bottle and was sniffling quite a bit. Brooke was too caught up in the lecture to notice. She was also unaware of the fact that her friend had stifled a few sneezes. When the lecture finally ended, Brooke asked for a sip of water, since her throat was getting dry and she’d forgotten hers. She gulped the water as if she’d been living in the desert. When class ended, both girls went their separate ways. The day went on without much noticeable things, but Brooke did start noticing people were carrying loads of tissues. Flu season was kicking in at full force. As she was making her way back to the dorm, she saw a stand with three people asking for signatures. A redhead named approached her.

“Hi! By dabe is Peter, wadda help reduce waste in the ocead? We just deed few bore sigdatures.”

Brooke noticed Peter’s hair color matched his nose. He was holding a damp handkerchief (which she lowkey found attractive) and looked like death. He shouldn’t be out in the cold campaining for anything. He ought to be in bed, she thought.

“Sorry, I’m kinda late” She replied, while trying to escape him. But man, was he persuasive.

“Please, you’re godda bake a huge differen—HUSHOOO!” Peter apparently had forgotten the ornament he had in his hand and directed his sneeze towards Brooke.

“You should be campaining for climate change, since you’re probably an expert at it.” She said angrily, while wiping her face. “You just sneezed all over me, dude.”

“Sorry I—I couldn’t help it, I...”

“Nevermind” she said, storming off.

She felt tired as she left her bag in her chair inside her apartment. Gabrielle was out, which was a relief. Her phone buzzed. It was a text from Justin, saying he wouldn’t be able to make it for their dinner plans. He hadn’t showed up during lunch either, so she figured he’d gotten worse. Or had died. Anyway. She microwaved some mac’n’cheese and made some tea. She was exhausted. As she sat on the couch for dinner, she let out three sneezes.

“HIH-TSCHEW! AH-TSCHEW! ETSCHHHH!”. Yep, she had definitely caught something, she thought as she was eating her crappy dinner. Suddenly, she heard knocking on her door. Did stupid Gabrielle forget her Keys again? She walked slowly to the door, opened it and as soon as she did, the last thing she saw was someone in a green mask resembling a vírus as she felt the familiar feeling of the cool mist of a sneeze hit her in the face.

Then all turned black.

Edited by sneezingfun894
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! Thanks for the replies, everyone! I didn't expect there to be this much feedback! 

@Puzzle I guess this next part will answer your question :) 

So, here's part 2! I know it may get a bit repetitive at some parts, but I'm doing my best to bring some new details to the story.

Part 2

The “next” morning...

A calendar on the top wall marks February 3rd. It’s a cold morning. 6:46 am. Brooke’s alarm clock goes off the exact second she’s overtaken by an exploding sneeze which she has absolutely no time to stifle or cover. The force of the sneeze causes her to bend forward.

“Hiih’TSCHAH!” she moans, while grabbing her phone to turn the alarm off.

“Bless you”, Gabrielle responds, sleepily. “ ‘time is it?”

“Six forty-si-uh..uhhh-TSCHEW!” This time she manages to cover. “Ugh, excuse me. Six forty-five.”

“You getting sick?”

“N-nah, it’s uh... probably j-just... aller—HETSCHOO! HEH-TSCHOO! UH-TSCHOO! Allergies.”

“Bless you times three.” Gabrielle had a hint of annoyance in her voice. “Look here, Sneezy, if you’re really sick, I’m gonna be screwed. I have this huge test tomorrow and this cubicle of a dorm will probably be filled with germs. So you’d better hold all your illness germs inside that thin body of yours. I can’t afford to get sick, not now.”

“Didn’t you have one yesterday already?”

Gabrielle looked puzzled.

“No, and since when do you keep track of my schedule?”

“But I thought....”

“I don’t have time for this chit-chat. I gotta get ready for this test.” Gabrielle said, while getting ready.

Brooke started getting ready as well, while thinking about that weird dream she’d had last night. She couldn’t really remember much, only parts of it. She left the room and started making her way to class. Justin was coming the oposite way, holding a crumpled tissue.

“Bordig, babe. How are you?”

She was pretty sure she’d seen this exact scenario, but she couldn’t really tell when. Dèja vu, maybe? But twice? The next thing that came out of her mind was a surprise even for her.

“Hey, are you feeling better?”

“Waid, how did you kdow I’b sick? I just cabe down with it this bordig...

“No, you were already feeling shitty yesterday, remember? We even had to cancel our dinner pla—uh, excuse me, I have to ssnee.... snee... HIIIH-TSCHEW! Ugh. Sneeze.”

“Oh ndo, did I badage to give this to you already?

“Babe, something’s not right. I had this really weird... dream, I think... I can’t remember much of it, all I know is that everybody, including me, had a cold. I woke up this morning with the feeling that I had already had the same conversation with Gabrielle, and now you....

She was interrupted mid-sentence with two sneezes from Justin.

“EH-SSCHERR! ER-SCHEEH” Sorry, Boo, I couldn’t hold theb in. You were saying....?”

“Nevermind, I... I must be getting a fever or something. I’m not feeling particularly good myse— eh... TSCHEW!”

“Bless you! What a pair of sickos we are, huh?”

“Tell be about it. She glanced at her wrist watch. “Crap, I’m super late. Gotta go! Guess we won’t meet for dinner, right?”

“I’b sorry, I dod’t think I cad bake it todight. But I’ll text you. Love you, Boo.”

“Love you too, bye!”

They parted ways as Justin trailed off sneezing into his hoodie. Brooke rushed through buildings and crowds of late students when one particular scenario she remembered way too well took place again. The girl that had sneezed right on her went past her, drenching her with snot from a totally uncovered sneeze as she ran through Brooke.

“What the fu— hold on.” She managed to grab the girl by the sleeve. “Are you just gonna pretend that you didn’t totally spray me?”

“Uh, excuse be.. I did’t see you, I’b so— sohhh... HIIIIIIIIH-TSSCHEEEEW!”

Apparently, Miss Not-Polite had skipped a few classes in kindergarten about keeping one’s germs to oneself and had let out another cold-germ-full sneeze right onto Brooke’s face. Brooke looked absolutely disgusted and as she wiped her face, she growled,

“Just go.”

The girl seemed a little embarrassed as she awkardly stepped away from Brooke.

“Can this day get any worse?” she muttered, as she walked into the building for her first class of the day. Her Exchange with No-Manners Girl had made her a little late. She walked into class breathlessly as everyone turned their heads to look at her. Claire was already there, chugging her water bottle.

“You’re late, Miss Haylor.” Mr. Rhodes pointed out, annoyedly. “You know how I feel about late students.” He cleared his throat. Something seemed a bit off about him, but she couldn’t really tell. “Take a seat. I’m sure it wod’t happed again, right?”

Did he sound.... congested? Brooke took her seat as quickly as she could. Claire was side-eyeing her in shock.

“You’re never late!” Claire whispered. “What happened?”

“Crazy day. Explain later.”

Brooke turned her attention to grumpy Rhodes, who was clearly annoyed by the girls’ chattering. He cleared his throat a little more vigorously as Claire quietly stifled a sneeze into her elbow. Halfway through class, Brooke asked for a sip of her friend’s bottle.

By the end of class, the girls parted ways.  The day went on without much noticeable things, but Brooke did start noticing people were carrying loads of tissues. Flu season was kicking in at full force. As she was making her way back to the dorm, she saw a stand with three people asking for signatures. A redhead named Peter approached her.

“Hi! By dabe is Peter, wadda help reduce waste in the ocead? We just deed few bore sigdatures.”

Brooke was certain that she’d already seen that redhead before and that he’d approached her the exact same way. Then she noticed the handkerchief. Remembering her “dream”, she responded,

“I feel like we’ve had this conversation before.”

“Huh? Ndo, I’b pretty sure I’ve dever seen you befo— EHHHHHTSCHOWW! God, I’b sorry, I did’t bean to.... EEEEEH-RSCHOOO!”

“So I’m guessing the handkerchief is just an accessory? Not to use it to, I don’t know, not sneezing all over people?” Brooke was furious.

“I said I was sorry. Dow, cad you please sign?”

“Go to hell!” Brooke stormed off, still not believing how awful her day had gone.

She got back to her dorm room, Gabrielle wasn’t there. As she was getting to her room, she let out a tired-sounding sneeze and started making her dinner and a cup of tea. While she waited for the water to boil, she decided to FaceTime Justin to check on him. When he picked up, her heart broke a little to see how bad he looked. His cheeks and nose were crimson red, his blue-oceany eyes were watery and he had a box of tissues by his side in bed.

“You’re not feelig ady better, huh, babe?”

“Ndo, I feel terrible... you dod’t sound too sharp either, Boo... are you sick too?”

“I don’t know. I’ve had the weirdest day. Everybody I’ve been in contact with either has a cold or has blatantly sneezed on me.”

“Guess I’b sobewhat respon— hold od.” He held the tissue up to his nose and sneezed four wet sneezes into it. “EEH-TSCHEH! ER-TSCH! HUUUR-SHOO! E-TSCHRR!” Sorry.”

“No need to apologize.” She felt a tickle in her nose.  “Dow it’s by tu-uh EEEEH-TSCH! Turn. I’m suing whoever got me like this.”

Immediately after she said that, Brooke hears a knock on the door.

“Sobeode’s at the door. I’ll be back.”

She walked slowly to the door, opened it and as soon as she did, the last thing she saw was someone in a green mask resembling a vírus. She started mumbling “What the – “ but, before she could finish the sentence she once more felt the familiar feeling of the cool mist of a sneeze hit her in the face.

Then all turned black.

----------------------------

Once again, feedback is appreciated!

Edited by sneezingfun894

This is INCREDIBLE!!!!!! I absolutely cannot wait to read more of this! Awesome idea and great execution! Absolutely delicious sneezing from Justin and Peter!! Can’t wait to see more of the “red headed boy with a matching nose” lol!!