Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fetishy Pet-peeves

Saimou

So, I’m pretty sure a topic like this has existed on this Forum, but I can’t find it for the life of me, so, here goes: What are your pet-peeves with regards to this fetish? One of my top ones is definitely, when sneezes in videos have their speed changed, specifically, when they are played in slow-mo. What’s the point? Speaking as a straight male, who is only into female sneezes, it only makes the sneezes sound like male sneezes, which takes ALL the sexual effect off of them. What a waste! 🤬

Saimou

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saimou

• •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•

• riyona_ebooks

• MeForever

when people lie about what's making them sneeze in a wav. like it's obvious that isn't a sneezing fit there's 5 cuts in the audio. it pisses me off 😂

1 hour ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

when people lie about what's making them sneeze in a wav. like it's obvious that isn't a sneezing fit there's 5 cuts in the audio. it pisses me off 😂

I've definitely had this same thought myself. I actually don't mind it so much in a wav or video that's stated to be a scenario upfront, since then it's just part of the fun to go along with whatever the premise of the scenario is, and it doesn't really bother me if a person without allergies has to induce in order to play a character with allergies, as it were. However it does feel weirdly disingenuous in a regular old scenario-less video. Although at the same time I've seen some entitled youtube commenters who demand allergy sneezes if the person in the video is inducing.

Another thing I've been talking about lately with other people is stuffy talk. I actually really like stuffy talk if it's used with care and in moderation. But if it's really overplayed, then it quickly becomes annoying to me. I've seen some people who insist on spelling nearly every work differently if someone is supposed to be talking with a stuffy voice, even if it doesn't make any sense. Keep it simple, just occasionally swap an "m" for a "b" and an "n" for a "d", and that's all you have to do. Don't even get me started on the dreaded "code".

3 hours ago, Blah!? said:

However it does feel weirdly disingenuous in a regular old scenario-less video

yeah that's exactly what i'm talkin about

12 hours ago, Blah!? said:

I actually don't mind it so much in a wav or video that's stated to be a scenario upfront, since then it's just part of the fun to go along with whatever the premise of the scenario is, and it doesn't really bother me if a person without allergies has to induce in order to play a character with allergies, as it were. However it does feel weirdly disingenuous in a regular old scenario-less video.

This, exactly.

Bad writing is the WORST turn-off for me. And there's a LOT of different things that qualify as "bad writing" for me, so basically I have a couple of gold-star fics that I go back to again and again, and ignore most of the rest of it.

As for real life - I hate it when people make a big deal of their colds or allergies, especially when they're all "oh woe is me" about it. That is an immediate and complete turn-off. The ones who are off-hand about it and ignore their own symptoms as far as possible, even if they're clearly miserable... those are the sexiest humans in the world. :yes:

20 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

19 hours ago, Blah!? said:

I've definitely had this same thought myself. I actually don't mind it so much in a wav or video that's stated to be a scenario upfront, since then it's just part of the fun to go along with whatever the premise of the scenario is, and it doesn't really bother me if a person without allergies has to induce in order to play a character with allergies, as it were. However it does feel weirdly disingenuous in a regular old scenario-less video. Although at the same time I've seen some entitled youtube commenters who demand allergy sneezes if the person in the video is inducing.

Another thing I've been talking about lately with other people is stuffy talk. I actually really like stuffy talk if it's used with care and in moderation. But if it's really overplayed, then it quickly becomes annoying to me. I've seen some people who insist on spelling nearly every work differently if someone is supposed to be talking with a stuffy voice, even if it doesn't make any sense. Keep it simple, just occasionally swap an "m" for a "b" and an "n" for a "d", and that's all you have to do. Don't even get me started on the dreaded "code".

My sentiments, exactly.

I pretty much agree with everyone lol, if it sounds forced or fake it just does nothing for me at all.  Like, if the subject is saying they’re super stuffy and they overdo the nose blows (which is a favorite of mine, especially into a handkerchief) and you can see or hear that there’s no mucus or anything but they blow again snd again. It sounds more uncomfortable to fake it, to me.  The thing I would add to my pet-peeve list is music in the background, whether just a wav or a video or anything. I’m really into the ‘natural’ aspect of my fetish and if there’s music after a few seconds I just turn it off. 😕

4 hours ago, Neogiomach said:

The thing I would add to my pet-peeve list is music in the background, whether just a wav or a video or anything. I’m really into the ‘natural’ aspect of my fetish and if there’s music after a few seconds I just turn it off. 😕

oh i agree, if someone has a tv going in the bg i just find myself judging their taste in programming, not sexy 😂

i wanna add i fucking hate when ppl upload a sneeze clip compilation and there's fucking... a baby or child right in the middle??? bro wtf!!! horn kill extreme and also fucking disgusting 

This is a bit similar to some of what's already been discussed, but anything that might be considered cartoon-y (finger under the nose, that kind of thing) makes me cringe so hard. It's just so...put-on and self-conscious? I can't exactly explain why I don't like it.

Also, when fetishy material suddenly takes a turn into major illness, like hospitalisation or something. I just came for the fluffy cold symptoms, I didn't come for the anxiety! :lol:

12 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

i wanna add i fucking hate when ppl upload a sneeze clip compilation and there's fucking... a baby or child right in the middle??? bro wtf!!! horn kill extreme and also fucking disgusting 

This is spot on, my friend. I hate it so much when it happens.

11 hours ago, MaiMai said:

Also, when fetishy material suddenly takes a turn into major illness, like hospitalisation or something. I just came for the fluffy cold symptoms, I didn't come for the anxiety! :lol:

Also- this. For me, it also goes to the cases when the sniffles suddenly turns into a vomiting palooza. Seriously- not every cold/ flu has to go through the stomach!

3 hours ago, InLivingColor said:

Is it too much of a hot take to say stifles? 😅

I'm on board with this one. The thought of how many amazingly-huge, full-bodied sneezes that have been denied by stifling breaks my heart :lol: 

7 hours ago, Likesn said:

Also- this. For me, it also goes to the cases when the sniffles suddenly turns into a vomiting palooza. Seriously- not every cold/ flu has to go through the stomach!

Agreed. And I think this is so weird. I get flareups of pain in relation to infections, often severe abdominal pain, but I've never had "stomach flu" symptoms riding along with a cold or flu. Ever. I don't know anyone who has, either. So is that a common thing? Because I've never heard of it outside of the community. 

Also the baby/kid in the middle of sneeze vid compilations-thing, but that's not a pet peeve, that's more of a horrified NOPE. :yuck: 

I have a mini pet peeve about allergies to animals, because sometimes people treat animals badly as if they willingly and knowingly make people suffer. People kicking cats, in particular, because I've seen that happen. But it's not about animal allergies itself, it's more about people blaming animals and hurting them. 

Stuffy talk in fics. I'm a speed-reader and stuffy talk is like misspelled words in general; it feels like speed bumps. :lol: Plus I think it gets even more noticable/troublesome for me with English words, since it's my second language. 

Scream-sneezes that are so loud they make you jump. I like loud and forceful sneezes, sure, but I don't want to have a heartattack. 

Sneezes without any kind of buildup. There doesn't have to be a lot of hitching, nice at it is, but I need some foreplay. A pre-sneeze face lasting at least a few seconds, and an audible inhale before the sneeze, at least, please. 

Ugh, I have so many more but I can't think of any right now. :lol: 

I agree with EVERY SINGLE THING, said here. Now let me add one of my own. I know I have some roleplayers around here, and some who read stories. I'm sorry, but guys...
"Please  s p e l l  your sneezes."
Sometimes it just urks the hell out of me to just see "She sneezes in a fit", or "He sneezes" like c'mon! Have some fun with it! Ask ME for help with sneeze spellings! I got'chu! Hell if you're a complete noob, i'll accept "Ahchoo" for the first few times! If you're gonna roleplay though, i'm gonna need some spellings my G.

22 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

I completely agree with this one :puke::ranting2:.

Bad sneezefics...

"Stories" that are a paragraph long, with many spelling and grammar errors, seem to plague the original fiction section of this forum. And what's worse, I seem to be the only one that has a problem with these minimal-effort fics, with people in the comments saying "i luv it plz continue". I get that writing is hard, but come on, I want to read something hot. 

23 minutes ago, Guy said:

Bad sneezefics...

"Stories" that are a paragraph long, with many spelling and grammar errors, seem to plague the original fiction section of this forum. And what's worse, I seem to be the only one that has a problem with these minimal-effort fics, with people in the comments saying "i luv it plz continue". I get that writing is hard, but come on, I want to read something hot. 

Glad someone said it. I wasn't going to, because I posted a story like that one, but other than that. I refuse to do that anymore.

5 hours ago, bben9 said:

"Please  s p e l l  your sneezes."

This. This is my number one pet peeve. I don't have many of them, but this is one I can think of.

Edited by MeForever
7 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Agreed. And I think this is so weird. I get flareups of pain in relation to infections, often severe abdominal pain, but I've never had "stomach flu" symptoms riding along with a cold or flu. Ever. I don't know anyone who has, either. So is that a common thing? Because I've never heard of it outside of the community. 

Oooh happened to me once. I had the flu so bad once that I was like "OK now I understand people dying of the flu." I didn't think I was going to die, I just suddenly got how it was possible. When I threw up it was less like my stomach was sick than it was my body saying "I will try literally anything to get rid of this". Short lived but awful! 

As for stomach symptoms in fiction....that's a nope. 

Unpopular Opinion Olaf coming by! Don't mind me! 

Noseblowing. 

With that out of the way;

Two things that bother me to a huge extent are stolen videos (oftentimes put into compilations) with no credit to the OP, and YouTube comments trying to "sneakily" pressure more content out of oblivious creators. 

Edited by aName
19 hours ago, Guy said:

Bad sneezefics...

You have my vote.

23 hours ago, Guy said:

Bad sneezefics...

Like I said. Bad writing? Fuhgeddaboudit. You're NOT the only one. Thing is, we don't get to complain about fics in the replies to the fics themselves because this forum has standards, and rightly so. Plenty of room to complain elsewhere. :D

On 2/10/2020 at 12:32 AM, superimmunegirl said:

Oooh happened to me once. I had the flu so bad once that I was like "OK now I understand people dying of the flu." I didn't think I was going to die, I just suddenly got how it was possible. When I threw up it was less like my stomach was sick than it was my body saying "I will try literally anything to get rid of this". Short lived but awful! 

I didn't get those symptoms though. One time I was sick, during the worst phase of the flu my temperature was so high that my skin hurt from air touching it and I had hallucinations. I saw these glowing light beings surrounding my bed and I was like "oh, I'm going to die. Okay, cool, whatever." At that point, when you're that sick, you just don't care. So yes, I can totally understand people dying from the flu. Never had the stomach symptoms in addition to it though. Or maybe I just don't remember it. Apparently I read an 800 pages novel during that week and I didn't remember a single word. :lol:Anyway. Once the flu started to get better, I got those horrific abdominal pains, which I then thought was related but later have realised was part of a chronic disease with flareups often related to bouts of infections. So while it obviously happens, it doesn't really fly with me, that kind of symptoms in relation to a cold or flu. Definitely not with a common cold. But yeah. 

Sorry to digress. Back on topic, another pet peeve I came to think of is when people sneeze beautifully and then ruin it by saying "eeww". No. Don't. You just kinkshamed me without even realising! :wallbash:

Edited by Chanel_no5