Sneeze Fetish Forum

How would you describe it on a dating app?

iojo

Is there some way to say that you have this fetish without giving it away that would let others that have it know what you're talking about? Like on a bio, how would you say that you're interested in it without saying it outright?

Ha, i wouldn't! something as intimate and sexual as a fetish isn't something i'd put on my dating profile. 

It isn't something i'd even bring up on a first date unless it was going uh REALLY well and came up naturally (like if we so happened to be getting along famously and were already talking about kinks.)

your dating profile is your entire introduction. it's where you make your first impression to someone so they can decide if you're worth messaging or not

you can't just throw your weird fetishes or personal bullshit out there, it's way too much of an overshare to give to someone who doesn't know you well! let alone who you haven't even had a single conversation with yet

i'm ALL FOR communication, honesty, and respect. i'm ALL FOR telling your partner(s) about your fetishes and being open and vulnerable with them! 

but like. i'm not all for assuming every stranger who views my profile page is okay with knowing or thinking about my fetishes. 

like. you have to be someone's partner in order to belong to the category of "telling my partner about my fetish(es)" 

it comes later

like most people don't want someone else's random kinks just sprung on them during their first hi hellos

52 minutes ago, iojo said:

Is there some way to say that you have this fetish without giving it away that would let others that have it know what you're talking about? Like on a bio, how would you say that you're interested in it without saying it outright?

It's a great question, but I tend to agree with •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• .
This is very intimate information for the start of a conversation. It is rather the kind of subject that we discuss with a very close friend. x)

Now if you're talking about some kind of code that we should have between fetishists. I think suddenly it's always better to meet on sites like here rather than on sites or applications outside of fetishism. ^_^

But if you still want to put a hint on your profile, you can always put this in an original description.

For example :
"Hi, my name is Marius.
In life I like sushi, nature, swimming, cats, sneezing, going to the movies and the museum. "

I already read profiles like that on the internet, but I don't know at all if they were sneezing fetishists. :unsure:

For me it's never been important whether a partner has the fetish as well. In fact I have never told a partner about my fetish, and as I have previously expressed on here, would never do so. A shared sneezing fetish is not a prime reason I would be in a relationship with someone, there are too many other vastly important aspects of a relationship for me that would override whether they also got off on sneezing. Dropping fetish preferences into a dating profile does does seem to imply that you are in it predominantly for the sexual aspects, and that's cool - just so long as you are aware that is what it looks like :D 

I generally agree with the above. It's a risk to put this kind of thing out there on an identifiable profile. And it makes it look like you're just there to scratch an itch. 

One thing it's worth saying though is that you do occasionally find dating profiles that mention kinks, either in the abstract or specifically. Some do this because they want to filter out people who aren't fetish friendly. Sort of like when you see profiles that say "no ONS" or "I hope you like dogs", you're automatically getting rid of people it might not work out with. In this instance, you could just include the phrase 'fetish friendly' or 'What's your Fet Life?' and see what happens. 

Edited by Shining Light