Sneeze Fetish Forum

White versus colorful handkerchiefs

Neogiomach

Hi all!

So I have about 35 handkerchiefs that I like a lot... they’re very soft and it seems like with each washing they get more soft and comforting and luxurious and I’m so glad I found them. Aaaaand they’re all white. 

I really wish I had some beautiful colorful ones.... maybe tie-dye or just solid colors because for some reason I just find them captivating and my seeming inability to source some I want has led me to one conclusion: I should dye some myself. 

Does anyone have experience dying fabrics? I’ve researched online and some places say RIT dye is East and safe, but some places say it bleeds for weeks and fades and still more places say the dying process can make fabric feel stiffer and less soft... so pretty much I’ve psyched myself out if trying it on my own handkerchiefs. 

If anyone has any experience or advice or tips I’m very open to learning as much as I can!

The majority of my hankies are also  white. I have 20 white ones in the truck and 30 at home. 

I do have a couple of ones with coloured borders and 3 coloured bandana ones.

Unfortunately I dont have any experience in tye dyeing though

sexyhankysneeze

Mostly all of mine are coloured as I like hankies to look like hankies but I have never dyed them myself

On 3/17/2020 at 1:00 AM, Neogiomach said:

Hi all!

So I have about 35 handkerchiefs that I like a lot... they’re very soft and it seems like with each washing they get more soft and comforting and luxurious and I’m so glad I found them. Aaaaand they’re all white. 

I really wish I had some beautiful colorful ones.... maybe tie-dye or just solid colors because for some reason I just find them captivating and my seeming inability to source some I want has led me to one conclusion: I should dye some myself. 

Does anyone have experience dying fabrics? I’ve researched online and some places say RIT dye is East and safe, but some places say it bleeds for weeks and fades and still more places say the dying process can make fabric feel stiffer and less soft... so pretty much I’ve psyched myself out if trying it on my own handkerchiefs. 

If anyone has any experience or advice or tips I’m very open to learning as much as I can!

Hey! Have you checked Amazon.com? I got some awesome navy blue ones from there a couple years ago! I love dark colored handkerchiefs! And bordered and checkered ones! White is fantastic, but colored are so fun and distinguishable as actual handkerchiefs!

• 4 weeks later...

Neo .. have you managed to get any coloured handkerchiefs yet …. you really should get and use them …. as Hankies106 says coloured ones are fun  

I did. I ordered some tartan ones that had good reviews but they were very thin and weren’t quite what I was hoping for. I’m still on the lookout because I truly want to find some I like, bright cute colors make me smile. Please post any links you might have to help me out! 🤧

Hi Neo   yes you can get thin ones which are not that good       you need good quality colourful ones … drop me an email and I will give you links  

Hank  

I wish I could, but I still haven't been validated so I can't view anybody's profile.  I'll keep looking, though, until I can start PMing. 

I’m not worried, it would be nice because I sort of feel like I’m outside looking in regarding some features of the boards but I won’t lose sleep over it.

Also, besides this covid19 craziness life Is pretty swell. :) how about you?

@Neogiomach that's like me too. I've not even been validated and it feels like I've been on years. 

There is a company called Merrysquare.com which does coloured hankies too

3 hours ago, Hankyrick said:

@Neogiomach that's like me too. I've not even been validated and it feels like I've been on years. 

There is a company called Merrysquare.com which does coloured hankies too

Thanks, I’m going to check them out now :)

I've been perusing the merrysquare site looking at them all, I enjoy window shopping but I haven't decided on which ne I want.  There are so many!  Usually I base at least a portion of my purchase choice on customer reviews but with google auto-translating the site from French already it crashes and needs to reload from time to time. 😛

There are plenty of other sites ,,, in English    get yourself validated and I'm sure many of us will willingly discuss ..You could try Killer Hankies on "Homewarepalace"

Hank   

• 2 weeks later...

Neo .. I believe if you ask the moderators they could put a contact email in your profile for validated members to see … if you want to but I maybe wrong 

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2020 at 6:57 AM, haa chewww hank said:

Neo .. I believe if you ask the moderators they could put a contact email in your profile for validated members to see … if you want to but I maybe wrong 

I sent a message using the contact us feature, I’m crossing my fingers. 

I can't see it myself but, my email should be in my profile now!  I was able to get a hold of an admin and got it added so, you all can feel free to drop me a line to chat, some if you want to.  Since I'm not validtaed i can't see anybody else's unfortunately.  Also I have kik, should be pretty easy to find me using my username on here. 🤧

I prefer to use white hankies or white with a border or occasionally blue, especially in public. The problem I have with colourful hankies and especially darker ones is you can’t boil wash them and also that once you’ve used them if you have to use them again you can see the snot on them. I also don’t like drawing too much attention to myself using them, especially the huge red spotted ones I have. Also, somehow to me white one’s just look classier. The fetishy thing I miss most during this period is not seeing guys use hankies and also not using them myself. I do think there are some European countries where people are more likely to use handkerchiefs. Certainly I’ve seen hankies more in Belgium and Czech Republic than in Spain Italy or Germany. Still mainly white ones though. 

I’m not sure which ones you are buying, but dyes have improved a lot, even compared to 25 years ago. Dark dyes will probably not fade or stain surrounding fabric if you are washing in hot water. You can wash something once or twice alone, just in case, but it’s unlikely to be a problem.

Of course, color/patterns are still a matter of personal taste. But washing is not a big consideration these days.

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2020 at 4:23 PM, HankyDrawer said:

I prefer to use white hankies or white with a border or occasionally blue, especially in public. The problem I have with colourful hankies and especially darker ones is you can’t boil wash them and also that once you’ve used them if you have to use them again you can see the snot on them. I also don’t like drawing too much attention to myself using them, especially the huge red spotted ones I have. Also, somehow to me white one’s just look classier. The fetishy thing I miss most during this period is not seeing guys use hankies and also not using them myself. I do think there are some European countries where people are more likely to use handkerchiefs. Certainly I’ve seen hankies more in Belgium and Czech Republic than in Spain Italy or Germany. Still mainly white ones though. 

Hi Hankydrawer,

I also prefer white hankies.  Besides that I have another fetish with large white hankies.  I always tuck a handkerchief into my collar while eating.  

Here in Europe, the use of handkerchiefs has been lost a bit, at least in Portugal.  But I don't stop using mine, hoping to bring up the hankies again.🤧😀

• 2 weeks later...

I find plain white hankies too boring. I prefer blue or grey bordered ones especially, brown as well sometimes or a white one with a coloured border 

• 5 months later...

Nearly all my handkerchiefs are white, but all of those have some kind of decoration, usually embroidered flowers. The embroidery itself can be white or coloured; I prefer it to cover a substantial portion of the handkerchief, not just a single tiny flower in one corner