Sneeze Fetish Forum

Coronavirus support

Heathcliff

@Zracken3 Thanks for the support. I did talk with my sister this afternoon and she didn't seem upset with me, but she did admit that she had no intention of ever telling our uncle about her concerns but she also acknowledged my point that we had to consider our mother's health as well.

It is getting really exhausting this ongoing situation though, especially for people like me who are medically unable to wear masks. In my case, it's that the heat and humidity that builds up inside is an asthma trigger, and within a couple of minutes my lungs are burning as if I was holding my breath even though I am actively breathing or trying to breathe. So I wear a plastic face shield in public and at least in stores no one gives me a hard time about it, but doctors offices are a lot more strict and they keep insisting the face shield isn't good enough and that actual masks are mandatory, even though the governor of my state did make allowances for people with medical issues, they seem to think they can override that. Like I'm happy to do telehealth when possible, but there are some kinds of medical appointments that you have to be there in person for. For my doctor's appointment in two weeks I said the best I could do would be to have a mask with my nose uncovered but have the face shield on top and the nurse I was talking to was still trying to insist that wasn't good enough, but kind of reluctantly said I could come in like that, but that I'd have to take it up with the doctor when I saw her, which kind of made it seem like there was no guarantee that I wouldn't be kicked out anyway after showing up.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Shay Gee, I hope you've never missed out on anything important because of that. I'm all for the mask wearing, but I understand that allowances have to be made for people with conditions such as yours. Asthma is a fairly common condition too, so I don't get why a doctor's office -- of all places -- wouldn't be able to understand that. I'd like to think that the face shield should be good enough for someone with asthma, but, either way, your governor has made an allowance for people with medical issues, so that should be the end of it.

I'm sorry to hear that those things have happened to you, but I commend you again for doing the right thing where you can.

@Zracken3 What's really frustrating is the medical professionals that try to insist that masks don't cause asthma, such as the nurse I was talking to on the phone yesterday, and I had to explain to her exactly why it does in my case. It should be fairly obvious that asthma isn't the same for everyone. People have it with different levels of severity and have different triggers. Some people are triggered by breathing cold air and I find it helps me to the point where I have actually been able to avoid using my inhaler just by sticking my head in the freezer for a few minutes. Some asthmatics find it easier to breathe warm humid air and my lungs don't like that. It's not even a new discovery at all for me. I've had dozens of people, both medical professionals and laymen, try to get me to use masks to protect against other asthma triggers in the past and that was how I found out that I can't tolerate them. I did see one UK article though that did address concerns that people would have trouble breathing in them since they are used to breathing cooler air, and that's not even taking respiratory conditions into account.

The face shield I can tolerate better but only if I'm in a well air-conditioned environment, otherwise too much heat and humidity will build up in those as well. There were times during the summer where I had a handheld fan that I was blowing under the face shield to help keep things cooler, though admittedly that may have completely defeated the purpose of having it on to begin with other than people not being uneasy around me because there's still a visible barrier.

I wouldn't say I've necessarily missed anything important as of yet, but I have been putting off some things longer than I should have, including the upcoming appointment, which I should have had back in February but it was cancelled due to the pandemic and I could have rescheduled much sooner like in May I think but I just kept hoping this would all blow over and I wouldn't have to have the mask fight. I'm also a few years overdue for an eye checkup and I'm not really sure how that's going to work if I tried to get an appointment because the face shield covers my eyes so I wouldn't be able to have anything on for that sort of exam unless they were willing to let me wear a mask with my nose uncovered. I mean I couldn't have anything on for my last dental appointment because they had to put their hands in my mouth, but that's a given and they just dealt with it so I don't know.

I think some people are also worried about people faking medical conditions but from what I've heard a lot of the fakers will say that they aren't required to tell you what their medical condition is, and won't be making any efforts to compromise and use alternatives.

something that freaks me out right now is people talking about their colds this year. like. like. HOW THE FUCK YOU BE CATCHING A COLD!? like jesus h christ! if you're catching a cold you are not 👏 being 👏 careful 👏 enough! 👏 

covid is highly communicable, moreso than the cold or flu! get your shit together jesus christ! wear a mask, wash your hands, limit your exposure to other people, and if you absolutely must interact with others keep far away from them!!! 

58 minutes ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

something that freaks me out right now is people talking about their colds this year. like. like. HOW THE FUCK YOU BE CATCHING A COLD!? like jesus h christ! if you're catching a cold you are not 👏 being 👏 careful 👏 enough! 👏 

covid is highly communicable, moreso than the cold or flu! get your shit together jesus christ! wear a mask, wash your hands, limit your exposure to other people, and if you absolutely must interact with others keep far away from them!!! 

i don't think this is entirely fair, tbh. some people are immunocompromised and despite best efforts end up getting sick regardless.

i wear a mask and wash my hands and go out as little as i possibly can (still some, bc despite the immunocompromisation i live alone and have nobody to help me) and i've still had some weird febrile thing going on the last few days. there's not a ton some people can really do about it, depending.

being dick-out about it is another thing entirely though

Edited by jejune

even if you do everything right, you can still get sick. wearing a mask protects others from you more than it protects you from others, and we can't always help who we come in contact with. cold and flu season is going to be a big anxiety trigger for many this year, because the truth is that things aren't being properly controlled in the united states and run of the mill diseases will continue to spread alongside covid.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

I'm a childcare worker and colds are pretty inevitable for us. We wear masks all day (the hospital kind), wash hands frequently, and sanitize everything, and colds still happen. The children don't have to wear masks, either, due to age. I've had two slight ones since August and a round of laryngitis so I know I need to be more careful, but it's just not possible to limit exposure with toddlers. I don't know how we would ever keep a Covid outbreak contained at my school and it sucks. My director has been a little too focused on the fever aspect of things, so she's not really concerned if parents bring their kids to our center with gross runny noses, etc. As long as they don't have a fever or a cough, they can be there. I have actually talked to her about this through the advice of a pediatrician, and let her know that half of children with Covid don't even have fevers. My director was surprised at this and took the advice seriously, so I hope to see some improvement. We also have a travel guideline for families at our school that after any trips out of state (whether driving or flying), they need to quarantine from us for two weeks. So far, families have been following those guidelines well. I just wish more parents would be able to keep their kids home even with colds.

Edited by LimeyBlimey

Some people also work as nurses and doctors. Or in grocery stores, or big box stores that are partially grocery stores, or other fields where they flat out have to go into work. Other people, whether customers or coworkers, might also be disgusting pigs who leave their food, drinks, and masks wherever they want for other people to have to deal with. Some of these customers might also breach the six-foot zone and lower their mask, if they haven't lowered their mask already after having been let into the store. Just because you follow the rules doesn't mean anybody else will. 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:04 PM, Bondi said:

Some people also work as nurses and doctors. Or in grocery stores, or big box stores that are partially grocery stores, or other fields where they flat out have to go into work. Other people, whether customers or coworkers, might also be disgusting pigs who leave their food, drinks, and masks wherever they want for other people to have to deal with. Some of these customers might also breach the six-foot zone and lower their mask, if they haven't lowered their mask already after having been let into the store. Just because you follow the rules doesn't mean anybody else will. 

Exactly.

And I’m gonna add that as a nurse, I can’t follow the 6 foot rule.  I literally cannot do my job from 6 feet away.  I can’t be 6 feet away from a resident (patient) when caring for them.  I can’t always be 6 feet away from my coworkers caring for a resident.  I can’t give medication from 6 feet away.  I can’t change a dressing from 6 feet away.  I can’t do a respiratory assessment on the person coughing in my face from 6 feet away.  I work with a population where many of them have varying levels of dementia and either can’t grasp that they need to keep the mask on or how to wear the mask properly.   So I wear my mask and eye protection, use hand sanitizer and wash my hands constantly. But there’s guidelines I can’t follow and things I can’t avoid in my job and virtually any health care job.   So I just hope for the best, but realize, it’s probably not if, but when and have an isolation plan in place along with supplies for that scenario.  

On 10/13/2020 at 3:31 AM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

Yeah, I find this take unnecessarily punitive and unkind. Most of us do not actually have the luxury of staying far away from people 100% or even 75% of the time. This sounds like kicking people who are already down, and if there is one thing you really shouldn't do in these times, much less in this thread, it is that.

Lately I have been having some weird Stockholm syndrome relationship with the virus. 

On one hand I have the thought of "oh just take me you miserable virus, and get it over with" (essentially coming to terms with potentially catching it)

On the other hand I've started, morbidly, fantasising about the origin of (preferably less severe, less dangerous) pandemics, and the escape of a rogue virus of sorts in fetish context. (lusting for such stories/fics/movies etc) so bad. 

My roommate has had a cold for a few days now, and I feel like I am starting to catch it. I'm not sure which is worse--the anxiety I'm having about it or the sick feeling. I feel like I can't tell what my actual symptoms are, or if I even have any, because I'm anxious. (A common panic attack symptom for me is shivering and feeling really flushed, so this is a nightmare). 

I feel paralyzed because I don't know what to do--do I go get tested for COVID? How do I go about that? I don't have any sick time at work, and they have an insanely strict policy about missing work. 

I can't tell when I'm being rational and when I'm being paranoid--she doesn't have a fever, cough, or any symptoms other than congestion and sneezing but am I being rational if I say it's likely a cold and not COVID because of that, or am I being rational when I'm anxious thinking she has COVID? I've been too anxious to even bring it up with her and she doesn't seem worried at all. 

I'm honestly considering just quitting my job so I can self isolate and not have to worry about sick time and jumping through hoops. I'm scared if I tell them that my roommate has a cold they will think I'm being paranoid or making it up. (We have 2 weeks paid time available to use if you have to self-isolate). Obviously quitting my job isn't the smart move but my anxiety makes me want to shut down and not make any decision. 

If anyone has helpful, kind, tactful advice I would greatly appreciate it but please don't shame me, I promise I'm doing the best I can right now. I've been completely socially distanced and wearing a mask everywhere, even outside. 

@sickprincess

It might be a good idea for your roommate to get tested if you suspect she has COVID-19. Maybe she has an easier time getting off work? In a perfect world, you could both get tested at any time you felt was necessary. In this not-perfect world, I would suggest taking inventory of your symptoms and comparing them to the list found here: CDC COVID-19 Symptoms List. The CDC recommends that those who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested for COVID-19. Do not let your fear of being paranoid outweigh the reality of any symptoms you have; if you think you have the symptoms, assume they are real. You do not need to have every symptom, only a few of them.

You can find out more about getting tested here: CDC Testing Overview, if you live in the United States. You will need to check your state government's website for more information regarding testing in your area. The CDC website also says to call your healthcare provider before getting tested. If you do get tested, you are to remain isolated until the results come back. Your roommate should go through this same process as well. On the off-chance that you do receive a positive test result, make sure to contact everybody you can that you've come into contact with two weeks prior to your first symptoms and let them know that they need to be tested as well.

Hopefully this helps. Please don't let your fear of overreacting make you ignore your symptoms. The best thing to do if you are unsure is to get tested. Call your healthcare provider first, and they should be able to help you too. Don't quit your job if you don't need to, but you need to isolate if you get tested until you get a negative result back. It bothers me that you might have to explain that to your employer, but those are the CDC guidelines.

@Zracken3 I really appreciate your kind words and advice!

I did what I felt was the right thing--told my workplace I lived with someone who was experiencing cold symptoms, and they asked me to get tested and not to return to work until both my roommate and I had negative tests. I asked my roommate if she would be open to getting tested and she was very abrasive about it, so I spent $150 on an at home test with rush delivery so she wouldn't have to worry about finding free testing or take time out of her day for that. 

I then called my dad to vent because I was upset and anxious about the situation, and my other housemate (who hasn't been home for a week) used the security cameras in our backyard to eavesdrop on my conversation. *I didn't say anything negative about either roommate, just that I felt that I was doing the responsible thing and I was frustrated that my housemate wasn't taking it as seriously especially given that she had symptoms. That roommate texted me and called me privileged, paranoid, and asked me to move out. 

Why do people make it so hard to do the right thing? I was feeling so proud about overcoming my anxiety regarding this and telling my workplace and now I'm going to be homeless.

@sickprincess

Holy cow, that sucks! I'm glad to hear your workplace was willing to work with you, but what is the deal with your roommates? Eavesdropping on a private conversation with your father? Kicking you out of your house? Can they really do that?

Do you need help with that? I can't bear thinking about you becoming homeless for doing the right thing. I don't know how I would help, but anything I could do I'd want to.

@Zracken3 Legally I don't think they can kick me out, but given that 1) my roommate has COVID symptoms and is assuming it's not COVID and going around business as usual while refusing to take a test and 2) my other roommate apparently uses the security cameras to monitor my conversations with people, and also thinks it's appropriate to send aggressive text messages to me asking me to move out, I don't feel safe staying here. I'm definitely struggling because I feel like I am being made out to be the crazy one for wanting to take (what I feel are ) very normal and necessary precautions during a pandemic. I don't think that any cold or flu symptoms should be ignored and should always be treated as COVID until proven otherwise. Am I wrong?? 

I really appreciate it. I think I'm okay--I reached out to campus housing to see if there's any way they could get me into an on campus private apartment this late in the term, so I really hope that works out. I'm just stressed and overwhelmed, and now this is one more I thing I have to deal with. 😕 

@sickprincess

That's good to hear that they can't kick you out. But I agree with you on the safety thing. I would not live with people like that if I didn't have to.

I wanna say that you're not being crazy by being cautious. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, it is best to get tested just to be safe. If you don't have it, great -- I hope you don't! I'm convinced you're taking the appropriate steps that someone should given the circumstances. I'm not a health expert, though; I can only repeat what they say.

It sucks that you have to deal with this on top of everything else. I guess that's what this thread is for though. So we can be here for you if you need us. 🙂

Welp, test number 3 tomorrow. Slight fever this time. That wasn't there before, so I'm a bit more apprehensive for this one. Also my employers are not gonna like me any better for it.

Honestly screw this god forsaken piece of shit virus, for throwing the biggest spanner into the entire world, and for infecting the parents of a colleague whom I am very good friends with. 

Pardon my bumbling shit of a double post but my gf, who lives abroad, met a friend of hers who was aware of, but didn't mention, that he tested positive. It takes every fiber in my body to stop myself from losing my shit. 

If she catches it, with her lung disorders, she's gone. 

On 11/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, NoseB4Bros said:

Pardon my bumbling shit of a double post but my gf, who lives abroad, met a friend of hers who was aware of, but didn't mention, that he tested positive. It takes every fiber in my body to stop myself from losing my shit. 

If she catches it, with her lung disorders, she's gone. 

Man, that dude needs a couple weeks' house arrest 😕

Keeping my fingers crossed for your girlfriend!!

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Man, that dude needs a couple weeks' house arrest 😕

Keeping my fingers crossed for your girlfriend!!

She seem to be fine currently albeit she did mention a slight cough which worries me greatly. 

I swear, if that dude has gotten her sick... (a good example of a sentence I should not finish) 

On 11/2/2020 at 4:59 PM, NoseB4Bros said:

Honestly screw this god forsaken piece of shit virus, for throwing the biggest spanner into the entire world, and for infecting the parents of a colleague whom I am very good friends with. 

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I'm facing the new lockdown in England. I can still go into the office for now but it's so empty it's like the hotel from the Shining. But I'm lucky to have a job and some support.

I mention because i'm very lonely but i realise i'm lucky to not have the disease

Edited by Heathcliff

No news of late.  I just hope everyone is all right.  It's strange that the forum has gone so quiet while most places are in lockdown.   Take care all of you !