• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just took the Corona-test today, and the results should come within 2–3 days. I’m not feeling sick, but better safe than sorry. I’ll keep you guys posted.

I hope everything goes well for you!

My sister called yesterday to inform us that my her husband tested positive. So far, they are doing well. Someone from his work hasn’t been taking the pandemic as seriously as everyone else and possibly got it from a party 🙄

The kids haven’t taken the news well though. They were looking forward to a mini socially distanced holiday celebration with their cousins, which is now cancelled. Add anxiety and special needs in the mix and it has been a rough time for everyone in both households.

Welp, enough idiots in my country have ignored the rules that we are going into hard lockdown starting at 12 am tonight. I'm in my final year of school and REALLY can't afford this as I need all the stability I can get to focus on exams but I ain't getting that now. There goes my finally slightly okay mood.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, Saimou said:

I just took the Corona-test today, and the results should come within 2–3 days. I’m not feeling sick, but better safe than sorry. I’ll keep you guys posted.

The results were negative *knocks wood*. I kinda had the feeling, considering I didn’t feel sick after the morning.

So my worst nightmare came true, and I'm covid positive :( 

If I can get past the eye of the storm (day 5-7) without it getting any worse than this, I'll  be happy.  That said, it's not very nice!

3 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

If I can get past the eye of the storm (day 5-7) without it getting any worse than this, I'll  be happy.  That said, it's not very nice!

Oh shit :( how are you feeling now? How's the symptoms? 

I mean, it's not pleasant.. but the fear might be even worse than the illness itself.  I keep wondering will I be able to breathe tomorrow.

I started out with feeling just queasy all day Tuesday, which I didn't associate with covid, so went about my business as usual.  Then I get weekly surveillance swabbing done in work, and this was done on Wednesday, and came back positive on Thursday.  I was still asymptomatic at this point  - but by Thursday afternoon I had all the symptoms you would associate with covid.

The first 2 days were like a really bad hangover - thumping headache, nausea, fuzzy mouth, not wanting to eat and sleeping most of the time.  But also a burning throat, which kinda felt like breathing cold air, if that makes sense!  I have a tickly cough, but my breathing seems okay so far.  I've been having temps of around 38.5C, and my skin feels really sore and sensitive, like sunburn.

To be honest, I've felt worse with other illnesses, but in my head I'm thinking this isn't over yet and it could get worse.  When I was working in the covid ward we always said day 7 seemed to be the turning point where people either got better or worse.  Ironically, despite working closely with covid since March, they don't think I caught it in work, as I was off for 6 days prior to my positive swab.  I had gone out Christmas shopping to a couple of places last week, and seems that even though I wear a mask and sanitise, I've picked it up somewhere.  Truth is, I'll never know for sure where I got it, but public health took details of everywhere I've been in the last week to see if there were any hotspots in particular shops etc.

I just feel bad because I had a driving lesson on Monday and public health are isolating anyone that was in contact with me for 7 days before, and that means my instructor is losing all his income for 10 days isolation because of me.. and we go into lockdown after that so he will not be working for weeks again.  Also I was supposed to be working Christmas day, and now somebody will have to cover my shift as I am in isolation until the 27th :(

47 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Wishing you well, @Bubbles

Hope it's not too bad for you and that you recover as quickly as possible.

:joal:

2 hours ago, Bubbles said:

I just feel bad because I had a driving lesson on Monday and public health are isolating anyone that was in contact with me for 7 days before, and that means my instructor is losing all his income for 10 days isolation because of me.. and we go into lockdown after that so he will not be working for weeks again.  Also I was supposed to be working Christmas day, and now somebody will have to cover my shift as I am in isolation until the 27th

I know it's very easy for me to say, as I am not in your situation currently but I don't want you to feel bad/guilty as described, as it definitely isn't your fault that you caught it! :)

Focus on your wellbeing, follow the guidelines and get well soon! :)

I've just had the weird realisation that no-one I can communicate with is real.

I mean, not in the flesh, not that they aren't real people.

On 12/20/2020 at 5:56 PM, Bubbles said:

Oh no! Let’s all hope it won’t get any worse than it already is. Get well soon. 🍀

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm somewhat back.. got admitted to hospital last week with covid pneumonia. I thought I was dying. Still on antibiotics, but I'm back home now. Hoping it settles and my life goes back to normal.

12 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Hey all,

I'm somewhat back.. got admitted to hospital last week with covid pneumonia. I thought I was dying. Still on antibiotics, but I'm back home now. Hoping it settles and my life goes back to normal.

Holy shit :o glad you're back home! I hope you recover swiftly :)

13 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Hoping it settles and my life goes back to normal.

And so say all of us. Pleased to hear that you seem to be over the worst of it.

Wishing you well.

:joal:

20 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Hey all,

:ohno: Wishing you a quick recovery

On 1/3/2021 at 2:15 PM, Bubbles said:

Hey all,

Oh my goodness, I’m so glad you’re all right! That’s such a scary thing to go through. My wishes for a speedy recovery and that you won’t have any lingering effects. 

Thank you bunches for your service in the medical field! 

On 1/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, Bubbles said:

Hey all,

so glad you’re out now.  Fingers crossed that it’s all good and improving from here.  Keep us posted, please

With reservation, I got step one of the moderna vaccine today.  So, positive step here.  In my super rural area, we’re just now starting to get hit hard (I can only imagine how bad it is for areas that are populated).  Was surprised to be vaccinated this early...I thought nursing homes would be further down the line.  

Edited by aggedy_ann
2 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

With reservation, I got step one of the moderna vaccine today.

I'm not religious but I thank God for modern science. We have vaccines within one year, and hopefully that is the start of things getting better at this awful times.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, Bubbles said:

Hey all,

Whoa, that sounds rough :ohno2:! I’m happy to hear that you’re doing better, now. I’m sure it’ll settle, and your life normalizes, before you know it :).

This darn pandemic has been good for one thing; showing who is, and who isn't an idiot. 

Barely anyone wears a mask in my city, and when I went to do groceries today, I was laughed at for wearing one. Pardon me for wanting to not catch this airborne plague. 

My sister and her husband are sick, they haven't gotten their covid-tests back yet. He has a pretty regular cold, but she has a horrible cough and passes out from lack of oxygen so she probably has pneumonia. She has an appointment with doctor this afternoon. Really hope she's gonna be okay. :unsure: 

ETA: sis got her test back and it's negative for covid, and according to her doctor her lungs sound fine, so not pneumonia, just a really bad chest cold. Not fun, but at least a massive relief. 😌

Edited by Chanel_no5

Felt tired and blah all week only to wake up today with a cough. Joy. Thank god I've been wearing a mask.