Sneeze Fetish Forum

Coronavirus support

Heathcliff

1 hour ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Felt tired and blah all week only to wake up today with a cough. Joy. Thank god I've been wearing a mask. 

Wishing you well, Sherlock!

Take care

:joal:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Joal 555 said:

Wishing you well, Sherlock!

Take care

Thanks, Joal! Thankfully I'm off on weekends so I'm gonna monitor the situation and discuss it with my boss.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know I would hate the curfew as much as I do, but there it is. Goes to show how little resilience one has when one has always had perfect, limitless freedom. I feel like an unforgivably spoilt brat for even slightly complaining, but I HATE THE CURFEW. The curfew is making it impossible to make and receive the only type of visits we were still allowed (one-on-one and at a safe distance), to do grocery shopping after work, and to go stargazing (one of the VERY few things I still feel comfortable going outdoors for).

Meanwhile, PEOPLE ARE STILL FRKN FLYING FOR SOME REASON.

Oh, and vaccines? What vaccines? If you don't happen to work in a hospital, it don't matter if you're at risk - your vaccine's scheduled for... well, somewhere between St Juttemis and when the apricots bloom.

But I really, really shouldn't complain. I don't have the frkn virus, my parents and sisters and boyfriend and friends don't have the frkn virus, and my cousin who does have the frkn virus seems to be doing okay, so I should really keep my mouth shut and do my jobs and bide my time.

• 1 month later...

Once more in self-isolation because a relative I spent considerable time with the past few days lied to me about their symptoms and isn't getting tested until tomorrow. But is totally "meh" about it and probably wouldn't have booked a test at all if it wasn't for the fact that you're not allowed to go to work with symptoms.  

Anyway, here I am, with a headache that may or may not be stress, anxiety through the roof, nearly empty pantry/fridge because I was going to do grocery shopping today but that's obviously off,  wearing a mask inside my own home and not letting my cats anywhere near me just in case. 

6 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Once more in self-isolation because a relative I spent considerable time with the past few days lied to me about their symptoms and isn't getting tested until tomorrow. But is totally "meh" about it and probably wouldn't have booked a test at all if it wasn't for the fact that you're not allowed to go to work with symptoms.  

Anyway, here I am, with a headache that may or may not be stress, anxiety through the roof, nearly empty pantry/fridge because I was going to do grocery shopping today but that's obviously off,  wearing a mask inside my own home and not letting my cats anywhere near me just in case. 

That freaking sucks :nosad:. Last year, my neighbour’s mom apparently caught the virus abroad, didn’t think much of it, and apparently, gave it to her own mom, who was obviously at risk due to old age :angrysmiley:.

Tomorrow morning, I get my first shot of the vaccine. I won't know which version of the vaccine I'm getting until I arrive. I'm nervous about side effects, even if they're short-lived. This is going to be a long night of overthinking. 🤔

6 hours ago, Butch said:

This is going to be a long night of overthinking. 🤔

Easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. From everything I have seen and heard the vast majority of people have zero or minor side effects.

Good luck!

(My first shot is on Saturday).

On 3/9/2021 at 4:41 AM, Butch said:

Tomorrow morning, I get my first shot of the vaccine. I won't know which version of the vaccine I'm getting until I arrive. I'm nervous about side effects, even if they're short-lived. This is going to be a long night of overthinking. 🤔

On 3/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, Joal 555 said:

Easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. From everything I have seen and heard the vast majority of people have zero or minor side effects.

Good luck!

I agree with Joal 555 on this. So, I hear Finland is meaning to buy the Sputnik-vaccine from Russia, which has a few people here a bit antsy, even suspecting a plot on Russia’s part to incapacitate our military for an easy invasion; but I, myself, think it’s a very smart move on Finland’s part, and firmly believe in the quality of the Sputnik-vaccine, and it’s definitely NOT a plot. Russia has no reason to invade Finland, as our relations are amicable, at the very least. Russia is also a pioneer in the field of medicine, so I see pretty low risks; and I’m glad we ain’t getting our vaccines from Sweden, since I still remember, what happened with the H1N1-vaccine, though, thankfully, not to me. 💉

On 3/9/2021 at 4:41 AM, Butch said:

On 3/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, Joal 555 said:

Good luck!

Also, good luck for both of you 🍀.

4 hours ago, Saimou said:

Also, good luck for both of you 🍀.

Thank you!

Had my shot about 3 hours ago. So far I've not had any adverse reaction to it, so fingers crossed....

1 hour ago, Joal 555 said:

Thank you!

Had my shot about 3 hours ago. So far I've not had any adverse reaction to it, so fingers crossed....

Crossing my fingers for you! 

I had my shot on Tuesday. I was fine ALL day, and by evening, I had a mild headache, and dizziness and I felt a bit.. weak. The next day was a lot better. I was tired, and slightly dizzy but my headache was gone. Once 48 hours had passed, I felt totally fine again. 😊

33 minutes ago, Butch said:

I had my shot on Tuesday. I was fine ALL day, and by evening, I had a mild headache, and dizziness and I felt a bit.. weak. The next day was a lot better. I was tired, and slightly dizzy but my headache was gone. Once 48 hours had passed, I felt totally fine again. 😊

Pleased to hear your reaction was relatively mild and that you are totally recovered now.

34 minutes ago, Butch said:

Crossing my fingers for you! 

Thanks so much!

Vaccine Advice if you're doing the TWO shot vaccine, especially the Moderna vaccine.

Hey all! I was talking to a friend of mine who's already had both shots of the vaccine, here in the US. She gave me some great information about the second shot, and I wanted to share, in case it helps anyone.  

First bit of advice: Drink LOTS of water for 24 hours after the shot has been administered. Your body uses lots of resources to build the immunity, and water helps it do that by replenishing those resources as they are used.

Second part: Get your second shot in the OPPOSITE arm. It will decrease any swelling, heat, and so on, at the site of the injection. Your immune system will say, "What? The shot's over there, now?" Instead of "Oh, I remember this arm from before! I'm going to make you feel a lot worse!" 

Third part: Feeling really fatigued and hot and cold is typical with the second shot. Not necessarily feeling chills, just.. super hot (throw the blankets off!) and then super cold (pile the blankets back on!).

The best part about the second shot is that you get 5-7 hours where you're a little tired, but not too bad, then 24 hours of whatever symptoms you're going to get, then that's it. All that's left depends on the severity of symptoms: tiredness "hangover" and then a bit of a sore arm (ow, this feels like a tetanus shot!) for another couple of days, and that's it.

She told me that knowing in advance that she would feel gross for 24 hours, helped. Take the whole DAY off and do nothing. She did a mental countdown like, "only 18 more hours of this." and so on. She also said if you feel BAD enough, don't force it. Just go to bed and rest. 

That's all, guys. I get my second shot in early April, and I'm glad to know all this stuff in advance. I hope it helps someone! 

On 3/13/2021 at 7:43 PM, Joal 555 said:

Thank you!

On 3/13/2021 at 9:28 PM, Butch said:

Thanks! 

You’re welcome!

On 3/13/2021 at 10:57 PM, Butch said:

That's all, guys. I get my second shot in early April, and I'm glad to know all this stuff in advance. I hope it helps someone! 

thank you, this post was really informative!!

Lol. Haven’t posted on this website in like a year I think. But while I’m here, hi.

I’m getting the vaccine in two weeks (woo me!) but I’m terrified lol. Lots of my friends have experienced negative side effects (not all of them) like throwing up, fatigue, etc.and I’m super scared of experiencing that. I find being physically uncomfortable super anxiety inducing + triggering but woteva. Like. I’m horrrifed lmao. I’m glad I’m getting it, I’m just afraid of the emotional turmoil I know I’ll feel if I have any physical side effects of any kind. I will just ~ cope ~ tho 

Thank you to other users here who are posting their experiences with the vaccine. Reading some has been soothing and makes me feel better about getting it

15 hours ago, Kicker said:

Thank you to other users here who are posting their experiences with the vaccine. Reading some has been soothing and makes me feel better about getting it

Everyone is different and each individual's evidence/experience is anecdotal, but for me, the only side effect was a slightly tender arm.

All I can suggest is that you don't read too much about negative side effects as it obviously (and understandably) triggers anxiety in you. Also, try to focus on the benefits of the vaccine, both in terms of the physical protection it will give you and the psychological boost of knowing that you will be less vulnerable to the virus.

Good luck!

a friend of mine from Oklahoma is in bad shape in hospital and has been for two and a half weeks. Doctors said she has lung damage and scarring but is expected to make as full a recovery as possible considering. The reason "Nala" (not her actual name) Got it bad as she did according to the doctors is her being alcoholic. She Has been a long time but am hoping this will get her to smarten up and find different way to deal with things, she can't keep going on as she has! will keep everyone posted as time goes by. Have been trying to talk her into going back to counseling don't know what else to suggest to her.

96 days after becoming covid positive, and 84 days after I was hospitalised with covid pneumonia, this morning I got my first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine!

I've heard people who have had covid generally have worse side effects, so now we wait patiently... (with fizzy cocodamol and Mini Eggs!)

On 10/13/2020 at 3:31 AM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

something that freaks me out right now is people talking about their colds this year. like. like. HOW THE FUCK YOU BE CATCHING A COLD!? like jesus h christ! if you're catching a cold you are not 👏 being 👏 careful 👏 enough! 👏 

covid is highly communicable, moreso than the cold or flu! get your shit together jesus christ! wear a mask, wash your hands, limit your exposure to other people, and if you absolutely must interact with others keep far away from them!!! 

That's it. 

10 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

That's it. 

hey, if u read the next few responses after the half a year old post u quoted u will see many valid responses about this take's lack of nuance and considerations. i do recommend reading those.

Holy shit you guys, I've just listened to my mom complain for fifteen minutes straight that she has to buy face masks now since our region FINALLY has mandated mask-wearing in every store and on public transport from April 1st. When she was done complaining and expected me to join in with my own rant I told her I've worn a mask when grocery shopping for months despite it not being mandated, and that I'm really glad there's finally a mandate for it. Then I couldn't help jabbing at her a bit by adding "I did give you masks on two occasions when we went shopping together but you didn't wear them, so at least you have two free for starters." 

That felt good. I'm sorry for being petty, but it did. 

Had a call today from my GP to say that my second jab (shot) has been brought forward from May to 10 April!

39 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Then I couldn't help jabbing at her a bit by adding "I did give you masks on two occasions when we went shopping together but you didn't wear them, so at least you have two free for starters." 

That felt good. I'm sorry for being petty, but it did. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is so funny!