• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

update on "Nala" I mentioned that i would give an update on Nala when I heard from her. she's still pretty sick and her lungs are pretty bad shape with a lot of scarring but she's expected to make a full recovery though with permanent side effects. they expect her to be in the hospital for quite a while yet though. she had covid pnumonia which for a while had red in the stuff she was spitting up. now the red color in it is gone and the holes are healing and scarring. it  did serious damage to her the doctors told her that her lungs "look like swiss cheese" but they are seeing that she's healing. they also told her that her drinking so much is why it did so much damage. she herself would tell you she's an alcohalic and "can't stand being sober" ( I know why but that's a situation I'm not gonna share.) 

Hope she feels better soon, Kurn'la.  I was in hospital with covid pneumonia in December and it's nasty.  I'm still having issues 4 months later, but I'm a lot better than I was. I am waiting for my 12 week chest xray result to see if things have improved.  I have no particular vices and no underlying health conditions.. it just picks on people sometimes :(.  It does get better, though, but it has definitely changed me.

On 4/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, Bubbles said:

Hope she feels better soon, Kurn'la.  I was in hospital with covid pneumonia in December and it's nasty.  I'm still having issues 4 months later, but I'm a lot better than I was. I am waiting for my 12 week chest xray result to see if things have improved.  I have no particular vices and no underlying health conditions.. it just picks on people sometimes :(.  It does get better, though, but it has definitely changed me.

Oh wow.  hope everything gets better for you, old friend! ❤️

On 4/19/2021 at 2:35 AM, Bubbles said:

Yeah. From what I’ve heard, there are like 50 different strains of it, and they vary in severity. Good luck with getting better, though. 🍀

sorry you went through that bubbles but hope your doing better. yeah Nala got chewed out by the doctors, they specificly said to her (according to her)  that the reason she got as sick as she did was the drinking, it's fouled up her whole body and that frankly she needs to stop drinking. ( we who are her friends have been saying that for a long time) in your case I'm sure it was nothing of the sort you just where unfortunate not stupid. I hope that the effects your dealing with will eventually disappear completely and that you'll make a full recovery and do well. 

Things moving forward... my mom is scheduled to get her first shot on Tuesday! 🙌 

We had our first case of COVID in the nursing home I work in.  Made it 14 months without it entering the building, but the department of health wants us opening up and this is the risk.  Patient was asymptomatic so no PPE use.  It was a test done before a surgical procedure.    I’ve been vaccinated since the beginning of February but no one can tell us how long the vaccine lasts.   We have mandatory testing tomorrow.   Only thing I’ve got going on is I’m pretty tired, but I’ve got a lot going on (2 jobs, taking care of mom, online courses), so I’m always tired.   So I’m not too concerned, but I’m more worried about the fact that we have unvaccinated people in the building and since he was asymptomatic, he was free to be anywhere in the building (because how would we know), and is this going to spread to unvaccinated residents and staff?

Fingers crossed everyone is ok aggedy_ann.  The latest I read about vaccine is that it lasts at least 6 months.  Hopefully that is the case!  I'm assuming the other residents and staff would have been offered the vaccine?  We have had surgical patients show up positive in their pre-procedure swab, but never go on to develop symptoms - they only found out because of that swab.  The thing I always wonder is that, you can continue to swab positive for 90 days after catching covid, so if they are asymptomatic now, how do you know if they are at the first 10 days when they are infectious, or if they are 2 months down the line and non-infectious?  After I came back positive, I was swabbed again 14 days later when I was admitted to hospital and it came back positive again.  I would always have loved to know at what point I became negative again, because if I had had to be swabbed for a procedure a month later, would I have shown up as positive if my body hadn't cleared all the virus?  As it works here, we are not allowed to be swabbed until we are further than 90 days after a positive, as it could show a false positive of residual virus.  I go back to work next week, so will be getting swabbed again weekly and I guess we'll see how good my body is at clearing things, considering I have a lot of symptoms now of long covid!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Gonna vent a little;

I'm sick and tired of the people around me not taking this virus seriously. I rarely ever see anyone wear a mask, and I just learned that I celebrated new years with an antivaxxor who just tested positive. (luckily this was on discord, since I am not going out partying when cases are going through the roof) 😅

Anyway, that was my rant 😅 sorry about that. 

7 hours ago, Stimuli said:

Gonna vent a little;

I'm sick and tired of the people around me not taking this virus seriously. I rarely ever see anyone wear a mask, and I just learned that I celebrated new years with an antivaxxor who just tested positive. (luckily this was on discord, since I am not going out partying when cases are going through the roof) 😅

Anyway, that was my rant 😅 sorry about that. 

Is no problem, my friend.

I can’t stand the antivaxxors, who don’t take this virus seriously, either. Just because some socmed influencer somewhere said that the vaccines are injecting nano-machines into your body and some believe them, because ”ThEy’Re CoOl”, or whatever; the rest of us have to put up with this Covid crap ’til the end of time, because we don’t get to the required 80% vaccination coverage.

Then there are the immigrants, who’ve moved in from dictatorships ”into a free country”, and thus refuse any sort of coercion from the state. Well, sorry to burst your guys’ bubble, but there is no such free country, where the state doesn’t coerce you to do anything.

Saimou

Edited by Reader
On 3/23/2020 at 4:32 AM, Chanel_no5 said:

When our Prime Minister addresses the nation and tells us that it's our duty to our country to stop the spread of this virus, you know shit's about to hit the fan. Because our politicians NEVER speak about patriotism and duty. 

Luckily the heroic act of patriotism and duty to the nation that he referred to means to avoid other people as much as possible, which frankly is more of a reward than a sacrifice to me, but really... this feels so weird. I mean, reality literally doesn't feel real anymore. Maybe that's why I am so calm. It's like all that nervous fear-based energy I've had my whole life just went poof when an actual danger presented itself and I feel like "okay, here it is, now it's down to business." (And "down to business" apparently means "staying home and hoping for the best"). I'm coping very well with the restrictions in place and I'll be fine with further and more invasive restrictions as well; I like being told what to do in no uncertain terms, and being alone is kind of my hobby. As long as I'm not recruited into helping out in health care, I'll cope just fine. That kind of heroism is something I could never do, and I applaud every single one of those who put their own safety on the line to help the rest of us. 

I pretty much agree with this statement. I mean, I’m Finnish; and all those memes about Finns waiting for the 2 metre social distancing to be over, so that we can go back to our normal 10 metre social distancing, actually have a surprising amount of truth to them. Even for a Finn, I’m a pretty anti-social person. Also, I know, what you mean with politicians never speaking about duty and patriotism; as in Finland, pretty much the only party to speak about patriotism, beyond our Independence Day of 6.12. is ”Perussuomalaiset” (”True Finns”), which is unfortunate, because I’m a pretty patriotic guy about Finland 🇫🇮.

Just now, Mal said:

Congratulations!! Hope you feel okay tomorrow :)

Thank you! ^_^ I have gotten some headache, soreness, fatigue and fever from the previous shots, so I expect a day or a few with that, but it doesn't bother me one bit, I'm fine with it. I turn it into a self-care day in bed with snacks and movies. (and to be honest, I'd be more concerned if I didn't get any reaction at all. :lol: )

Just now, Chanel_no5 said:

Thank you! ^_^ I have gotten some headache, soreness, fatigue and fever from the previous shots, so I expect a day or a few with that, but it doesn't bother me one bit, I'm fine with it. I turn it into a self-care day in bed with snacks and movies. (and to be honest, I'd be more concerned if I didn't get any reaction at all. :lol: )

Exactly, its a perfect excuse to treat yourself and rest for a day! I felt super achey the day after my booster, but woke up the next morning and felt completely better, it was like a switch flipped. 

I feel the same about the lack of side effects though, I pretty much felt nothing with my first two doses and convinced myself they didn't work and my immune system wasn't responding at all 😂

I was supposed to return to school today, but with the newest covid strand, my school is taking an extra week to figure out more safety procedures. They sent out a email today, saying they will be giving us covid tests so we can test before we go back to school. I think its great that they are taking the precautions, but covid is getting bad again, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the world had to shut down again. The worrying thing is, no one wants the world to shut down again, so people are doing everything to try to make that not happen. Which can raise eyebrows in concern. I understand why the world shouldn't shut down again, but what if that is what we need to do? Can we trust that those in power would make the right choices? 

Sorry I'm rambling now. It's late where I am, hahah sleep deprived thoughts. gotta love em.

Gonna use this to vent a little bit, but I’m SO  incredibly tired of being forced to work in close proximity to a coworker who has a cough, high fever, and body aches but refuses to get tested. This is incredibly unfair to me and everyone else who has to work with her, let alone the customers. I wish people cared more about others and I wish there was something more management could do about the situation. Because working two feet away from someone who woke up with a high fever this morning and can’t go thirty seconds without coughing is not it.

• 2 weeks later...

@FadedRose good god that’s awful! Is there any Covid policy in place at your work? Any way to report the person? 

I work in health care so I’m always just utterly perplexed at how other places are operating when ours has extremely tight protocols involving Covid. Hope it all turned out ok!

My dad might have been exposed to Co-vid at work (not sure yet), he wears a mask at work, but works closely with his boss (who isn't feeling well).

I'm worried it's co-vid and that we'll catch it and die. As stated before my mom had heart surgery years ago, so she's in the high risk group. We're all vaccinated (both shots), but haven't gotten our booster yet. My mom got the pneumonia shot, too.

We we're informed this (or at least I was) at around 7:40 P.M. tonight, Dad being informed shortly before. But I had already hugged him that day, and ate dinner with my mom and dad.

I was so worried I cried myself to sleep, angry, because my dad had promised he wouldn't bring it home. It's now 10:56 P.M.

19 hours ago, Cutelittlenose said:

My dad might have been exposed to Co-vid at work (not sure yet), he wears a mask at work, but works closely with his boss (who isn't feeling well).

I'm worried it's co-vid and that we'll catch it and die. As stated before my mom had heart surgery years ago, so she's in the high risk group. We're all vaccinated (both shots), but haven't gotten our booster yet. My mom got the pneumonia shot, too.

We we're informed this (or at least I was) at around 7:40 P.M. tonight, Dad being informed shortly before. But I had already hugged him that day, and ate dinner with my mom and dad.

I was so worried I cried myself to sleep, angry, because my dad had promised he wouldn't bring it home. It's now 10:56 P.M.

Update:

This afternoon, my dad's boss tested positive for Covid. Meaning all 3 of us have been exposed. I'm so scared, and can't stop thinking about it.

22 minutes ago, Cutelittlenose said:

Update:

This afternoon, my dad's boss tested positive for Covid. Meaning all 3 of us have been exposed. I'm so scared, and can't stop thinking about it.

Oh my gosh I’m so sorry for all the anxiety this is giving you. 

for what it’s worth, my husband was exposed for two straight days to someone who was Covid positive at work and neither he nor the rest of us got it (we are all vaxxed except my youngest). Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

34 minutes ago, Heathercd said:

Oh my gosh I’m so sorry for all the anxiety this is giving you. 

for what it’s worth, my husband was exposed for two straight days to someone who was Covid positive at work and neither he nor the rest of us got it (we are all vaxxed except my youngest). Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks so much.

My mom and I are getting our booster shots tomorrow.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:15 AM, Heathercd said:

@FadedRose good god that’s awful! Is there any Covid policy in place at your work? Any way to report the person? 

I work in health care so I’m always just utterly perplexed at how other places are operating when ours has extremely tight protocols involving Covid. Hope it all turned out ok!

Everything turned out fine, although I’m not sure if she ended up having covid or not because she wasn’t tested. Thankfully that was the only time I had to work with her that week. There is a “covid policy”, but it’s up to the discretion of our district manager and he was out of town. And we’re short staffed as is, so they didn’t want to send anyone, let alone a full time employee, home. And she lied to my GM about her fever anyway. Long story short, I guess they found a way around the rules… sigh…

On 1/25/2022 at 6:12 PM, Cutelittlenose said:

Update:

I hope you’re okay. I know it can be scary, but make sure you’re taking care of yourself while all this passes over. I know anxiety can be beyond our control, but if you can, take some deep breaths and remember that you’ll get through this. With all that being said, I hope you and your family stay safe and healthy