Sneeze Fetish Forum

Coronavirus support

Heathcliff

@aName Yeah, I'm pretty chill about the idea of catching it as well. I know I'll be fine, but it's the worry about passing it on. I live with a few other people so avoiding everyone would be next to impossible and by the time I realized I was ill they would have all been exposed anyway.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Shay said:

@aName Yeah, I'm pretty chill about the idea of catching it as well. I know I'll be fine, but it's the worry about passing it on. I live with a few other people so avoiding everyone would be next to impossible and by the time I realized I was ill they would have all been exposed anyway.

This is me. Since my family and I are in temporary housing and my uncle is in a nursing home, Im the able bodied one to get food. Im also a type 2 diabetic so i have to be careful too. But about time i realize it it would be to late. 

On 3/19/2020 at 8:09 PM, Leas said:

My parents have been tested and both have come back positive. They’re isolated; I have been helping the best I can. They’re okay, my mums having a harder time of it. I’m slightly worried, I’ve been spending a lot of time with my family these past few weeks, my mum had a stroke back in January so I’ve been around them a lot, I’m on immunosuppressants so I’ve been self-isolating for a few weeks, only going out for food shopping and to help my mum. 
I have no symptoms. 

How are you doing now, Leas?

On 3/29/2020 at 7:09 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

I told my employer that I would like to work from home as I live with someone with underlying lung issues at risk from the virus and want to take precautions.  I was told I need to come into the office or lose my job effective immediately.  I am 90% leaning toward the losing my job option.  I'm not really all that keen on putting anyone else's life in danger to benefit these selfish assholes.  I don't even feel like I have the right to complain as my position is far more fortunate than many people but this is not a position I ever thought I'd have to be in and I'm not entirely sure how to deal with it.

What the...!? This makes me so mad, and is so against the rules...Take care of yourself first, it's also the best way of protecting everyone else. Is there a way your doctor can just put you on Med Leave? It would make total sense, it seems to me. (and yes you have the right to complain. Everybody does, it's a human right that is necessary from time to time. Called venting!:))

On 3/28/2020 at 2:50 PM, LimeyBlimey said:

Leas, so sorry your parents got it. Hope your mom recovers quickly and easily! I've read that the fever can fluctuate up and down for several days.

Regarding your brother, I don't know if it will help you feel better, but people of younger ages seem to be less susceptible to the virus and tend to have much milder symptoms. Just keep an eye on him for a fever and continue to isolate him from your parents. My son is autistic as well, and an asthmatic, I know how hard and concerning it can be when they get sick 😥

Praying for you all! ❤️:hug:

Thank you so much for the love and prayers. 
My mum is definitely a lot better, still hasn’t shaken off the cough yet but I’m hoping we’re not far off now! Been getting lots of updates over the phone and FaceTime! So that’s good, definitely miss them loads!

Sending you and your family lots of love! And thanks for the great advice! ❤️

21 hours ago, Elektra said:

How are you doing now, Leas?

Much better thanks, it’s been a crazy few weeks. My mum is nearly recovered, she just can’t seem to shake the cough. 

Hope you’re well, also! 

Oh, here we go... David Icke is still touting his conspiracy theory rubbish in the days of COVID-19. It's comforting (in a way) that some people never change:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52228046

This is a man who used to think he was the son of God, and that some people were space lizards (ok, I'm making a joke out of this but he believed some ridiculous crap).

Please, do yourselves a favour and don't listen to consipiracy theories at the moment.

I have updated my profile photo to a more appropriate photo of "Horace" at the moment because the big smile of Dizzy, the previous character, is not correct now. It's tasteless.

I am hoping this is better for a while.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52250176

Kenny Dalgliesh tests positive for the virus, but does not have any symptoms at the moment.

The news here lately has been scary (at least, to me). But I think this shows two things: please take the social distancing meaures very seriously - but please don't panic. Some people get this disease and it is mild.

I may read the charts, and the news incorrectly, but, it seem that the rates at which the virus spreads has been slowing down. aName is happy. 

10 hours ago, aName said:

I may read the charts, and the news incorrectly, but, it seem that the rates at which the virus spreads has been slowing down. aName is happy. 

it's not that the rate the virus spreads has slowed down, the virus still spreads just as fast as before, but people have been staying away from each other so it's been less lately

5 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

it's not that the rate the virus spreads has slowed down, the virus still spreads just as fast as before, but people have been staying away from each other so it's been less lately

^ This is so right. The social distancing measures are starting to work, I think, but the virus doesn't "know" about them and spreads just as easily as it did before.

I am finding the lockdown really hard, but please all keep doing it, because that's what's reducing the cases of the virus.

Edited by Heathcliff

In hindsight I realise that I meant that the infectivity of the virus has remained the same, but the overall amount of case increase has slowed down because the actions are working which made me happy :D

Furthermore it saddens me to see how worried my dad is. Haven't been able to hug him for the past months. :(

I really crave hugs right now but I know that physical contact of any kind should be avoided at all cost. :)

7 hours ago, aName said:

I really crave hugs right now but I know that physical contact of any kind should be avoided at all cost. 

valid of u aname. one thing that can help with that a little bit is to get a towel and wrap it tightly around your shoulderblades/ribcage while you're holding a pillow to your chest. it's not a hug, but it stimulates the same part of your nervous system that a hug does and it can soothe feelings of unease. 

16 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

valid of u aname. one thing that can help with that a little bit is to get a towel and wrap it tightly around your shoulderblades/ribcage while you're holding a pillow to your chest. it's not a hug, but it stimulates the same part of your nervous system that a hug does and it can soothe feelings of unease. 

This... may be the first thing I have read on the subject that is actually helpful. Thank you. It means a lot. ❤️

21 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

Awh that is some solid advice actually! Thank you Q! :)

Entirely unrelated, I just cut my own hair, as to avoid going out into public. It didn't go very well and I look a bit silly, but screw it! I've learned from my experience and it could have gone a lot worse! :D

We’ve had another family member diagnosed. I’m so worried, as she has COPD and other health issues. We’re just trying to think positively. 

Woke up with increasing shortness of breath and a whole host of other symptoms but no fever.   Was tested this afternoon.   I should know in 72 hours.   It’s gonna be a long three days

6 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

Woke up with increasing shortness of breath and a whole host of other symptoms but no fever.   Was tested this afternoon.   I should know in 72 hours.   It’s gonna be a long three days

Sending you positive thoughts and best wishes. Try to stay as strong as possible and if at any point in the three days (or beyond) you want some support or just someone to vent to, please feel free to PM me.

:joal:

On 4/15/2020 at 9:17 PM, aggedy_ann said:

Oh I'm so sorry! I hope you test negative or that your symptoms are mild. Hopefully no fever means you'll escape unscathed. :hug:

On 4/15/2020 at 9:17 PM, aggedy_ann said:

So obviously I'm not a doctor and can't give you medical advice, and I don't know what your other symptoms are, but I just wanted to share that my sister has been having shortness of breath and chest pain the last few weeks and no fever and she was told she suddenly has asthma and seasonal bronchitis for the first time so she's been put on a couple of different inhalers. Again, not a doctor and can't say that's what you have, but hopefully the lack of fever points to something else.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:17 AM, aggedy_ann said:

Sending you lots of positive thoughts! Hope you test negative! Sending you all the love in the world! ❤️

On 4/5/2020 at 2:09 PM, Heathcliff said:

Thinking of you Leas - hoping your mum is recovered soon.

Thanks Heath, she can’t seem to shake the cough, I’m hoping it’s just because she’s smoked since she was ten 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

On 4/15/2020 at 7:17 PM, aggedy_ann said:

So sorry Aggedy! Praying it comes back negative and that you'll feel better very quickly :hug: