• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My sister, her husband, and their 5-month-old baby all have Covid. And they're really sick. My brother-in-law is slowly starting to get better, but he's still quite ill. Today my sister has temperature of a whopping 41 (that's 106 F) that barely goes down at all with Paracetamol. My nephew was so sick the other day they had to go to the hospital, to get something to get his fever down because he too was up at dangerously high levels. It's gone down a bit but he's not on the mend yet. They've been super careful, both are vaccinated, and they believe he probably got it from someone at work. 

So yeah. This fucking shit ain't over, not even if you're both vaxxed and boosted and young and healthy. "Mild", my ass. 

18 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

My sister, her husband, and their 5-month-old baby all have Covid. And they're really sick. My brother-in-law is slowly starting to get better, but he's still quite ill. Today my sister has temperature of a whopping 41 (that's 106 F) that barely goes down at all with Paracetamol. My nephew was so sick the other day they had to go to the hospital, to get something to get his fever down because he too was up at dangerously high levels. It's gone down a bit but he's not on the mend yet. They've been super careful, both are vaccinated, and they believe he probably got it from someone at work. 

So yeah. This fucking shit ain't over, not even if you're both vaxxed and boosted and young and healthy. "Mild", my ass. 

I'm sorry to hear that, Channel. It must be very stressful when it's your sister and her family. I wish they all will recover well and soon. 

Hope they feel better soon, Chanel.  The only things that got my temperature down when I had it was ibuprofen and IV paracetamol. I ran fevers for 16 days - it was so tiring! That was back in the Delta days, though, but the more recent strain seems to be a bit worse than Omicron was.  Fingers crossed it passes soon.

Thanks guys. :heart:  BIL and nephew are better today. Sis's fever has gone down from the really dangerous levels, but it's not all the way down, and she's still quite ill. It really struck the whole family hard. :worriedsmiley: 

• 1 month later...

This is getting annoying. Roommate #1 got covid about a week and a half ago. A week later, I end up sick thinking it’s covid, but the tests came back negative and it ended up to be one hell of a cold that I’m still in the process of getting over. Now today Roommate #2 tested positive. Roommate #3 and I are just chilling for now. Here’s to hoping the rest of the semester isn’t us just taking turns having the virus 🙄

"We should return to the office now" my bosses said. 

"Are there anyone left who doesn't have covid now?" my bosses asked, a month later. (I have yet to catch covid though, so far so good) 

• 6 months later...