Sneeze Fetish Forum

Beastars [Possible spoiler warning]

Stimuli

I just started watching Beastars (mostly because of social distancing and all that. I don't usually have time to watch anything (God my life is hectic haha)) and I was wondering if anyone else on here has had a chance to watch the series as well, as well as their thoughts :D

I myself just finished the first episode and felt like it was a somewhat strange anime-series version of zootopia. (keep in mind that this is a first impression kind of reaction haha) :D

It's like Zootopia but good.

I'm not usually into animal-heavy stuff and I accidentally watched it out of order so I had a bad first impression but I really grew to love it - I adore the characters and their relationships and interactions. I have a couple nitpicks here and there and I do think wolves and rabbits are still overused in the media but Legosi's a good boy so it's fine.

I decided to read the manga to more efficiently get used to the characters (Legosi, while a good boy, is a little more emo in the anime which is fine but I'm kind of over it with shonen/seinen protagonists) and I hope they put more of the little details from the manga into Season 2 because dang, there's some good interactions in the manga that weren't in S1.

Also there's at least uhhh like two sneezes in the manga for you kiddos that like furry content -thumbs up- I'mma leave it at that tho for the peeps that only watch the anime.

14 hours ago, Red Ring of Death said:

It's like Zootopia but good.

I'm not usually into animal-heavy stuff and I accidentally watched it out of order so I had a bad first impression but I really grew to love it - I adore the characters and their relationships and interactions. I have a couple nitpicks here and there and I do think wolves and rabbits are still overused in the media but Legosi's a good boy so it's fine.

I decided to read the manga to more efficiently get used to the characters (Legosi, while a good boy, is a little more emo in the anime which is fine but I'm kind of over it with shonen/seinen protagonists) and I hope they put more of the little details from the manga into Season 2 because dang, there's some good interactions in the manga that weren't in S1.

Also there's at least uhhh like two sneezes in the manga for you kiddos that like furry content -thumbs up- I'mma leave it at that tho for the peeps that only watch the anime.

Well, now I'm tempted to acquire said manga too :D

I'm now 8 more episodes deep (so, on episode 8 of the anime), and I've certainly grown to like the anime a fair bit. 

As a 3D artist, I'm still not entirely sure of the art style though, but screw it! The story and everything else is drawing me in quite a lot :D

The Panda dude (missed his name) had some questionable methods as a psychiatrist but, suspecting that he might reappear :D

4 hours ago, aName said:

Well, now I'm tempted to acquire said manga too :D

I'm now 8 more episodes deep (so, on episode 8 of the anime), and I've certainly grown to like the anime a fair bit. 

As a 3D artist, I'm still not entirely sure of the art style though, but screw it! The story and everything else is drawing me in quite a lot :D

The Panda dude (missed his name) had some questionable methods as a psychiatrist but, suspecting that he might reappear :D

The manga certainly has its strengths. Haru in the anime looks pretty good but she's downright adorable in the manga

I'm not a 3D artist but the animation took me a second to get used to, too - though you can't deny that opening stop-motion with the bumpin' music's a jam xD I'm sure this animation style's cheaper (I mean I guess they can't all look as gorgeous as Castlevania) but it's got a stilted charm to it, I think

Gouhin! Gouhin is best panda dad. But then, there's not really any characters that I dislike - it's got a great cast. ERM well... I dunno, Juno rubs me the wrong way and I can't put my finger on why but I'm excited to see her growth when they adapt more of the manga.

In any case, I'm glad you're enjoying it; it takes a second to get used to but it's got great characters and the pseudo-fantasy setting is interesting. I think Paru (the creator) does a good job world building and setting it more aside as its own world than ours

44 minutes ago, Red Ring of Death said:

The manga certainly has its strengths. Haru in the anime looks pretty good but she's downright adorable in the manga

I'm not a 3D artist but the animation took me a second to get used to, too - though you can't deny that opening stop-motion with the bumpin' music's a jam xD I'm sure this animation style's cheaper (I mean I guess they can't all look as gorgeous as Castlevania) but it's got a stilted charm to it, I think

Gouhin! Gouhin is best panda dad. But then, there's not really any characters that I dislike - it's got a great cast. ERM well... I dunno, Juno rubs me the wrong way and I can't put my finger on why but I'm excited to see her growth when they adapt more of the manga.

In any case, I'm glad you're enjoying it; it takes a second to get used to but it's got great characters and the pseudo-fantasy setting is interesting. I think Paru (the creator) does a good job world building and setting it more aside as its own world than ours

Alright :D finished the whole thing now (good gosh I got captured by it in the middle) :D

*Major damn spoilers, so if you, the reader haven't watched it, leave now or abandon all hope for a spoiler-less experience*

Yeah, Juno really was the, in the end, one character that rubbed me the wrong way. Haru was absolutely adorable! Her independence, her strength coupled with her weaknes. Her wisdom as well as her stubbornness. Good god! :D

The love story was so tender too! Right up my alley! :D the fragility, the differences between them, yet also the similarities! 

I'm just sad that Mr. Fancy Rich Deer Dude (god I'm so bad with names) met the fate he did. Sacrificed his life, and his girlfriend didn't mourn him or pay his disappearance any attention. 

Now I'm on the edge of my seat for a 2nd season :D

Edited by aName
Forgot stuff. ADHD is a blessing
4 hours ago, aName said:

Alright :D finished the whole thing now (good gosh I got captured by it in the middle) :D

*Major damn spoilers, so if you, the reader haven't watched it, leave now or abandon all hope for a spoiler-less experience*

Yeah, Juno really was the, in the end, one character that rubbed me the wrong way. Haru was absolutely adorable! Her independence, her strength coupled with her weaknes. Her wisdom as well as her stubbornness. Good god! :D

The love story was so tender too! Right up my alley! :D the fragility, the differences between them, yet also the similarities! 

I'm just sad that Mr. Fancy Rich Deer Dude (god I'm so bad with names) met the fate he did. Sacrificed his life, and his girlfriend didn't mourn him or pay his disappearance any attention. 

Ah, I'm really glad you liked it~

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 6:23 AM, aName said:

I don't think Louis (the deer) died - he's implied to be the one that Lagoshi is talking to in the final scene.