Sneeze Fetish Forum

I am nervous about our fetish going viral

Ti🌸

I wrote many things about my feelings regarding this, but I decided against posting them out of fear of being disrespectful.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe, while being considerate of others who may be at higher risk.

Edited by Ti🌸

well it certainly would be ironic wouldn't it, a sneeze fetish going viral :drumroll:

I get constantly nervous about this kind of thing, barring current events. The only time it ever reached my vanilla circle is funnily enough, due to current events. A (joking tone) Twitter post about the forum got quite a lot of traction in March. My heart leapt seeing my friends express their confusion and disgust. But it quickly went away. When I think about other certain... unique... fetishes like ours, and how the internet discusses them, I feel more at peace because it's not like it will stick in their minds forever or scar them. The internet moves on. This forum has been covered by more than a few people over several years.

5 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

well it certainly would be ironic wouldn't it, a sneeze fetish going viral :drumroll:

*applause*

6 hours ago, Ti🌸 said:

I wrote many things about my feelings regarding this, but I decided against posting them out of fear of being disrespectful.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe, while being considerate of others who may be at higher risk.

I don't ever see it going "mainstream" Like @jano said its been covered several times before in the past. We get some buzz then it dies down again. It's just too obscure a fetish to ever gain any real momentum. Always remember that there are SO many fetishes out there that are more meme worthy/with viral possibilities. So try not to worry and don't let it stress you out too much!

Yeah, I have an uneasy feeling about it in the back of my mind all the time, but with current events, I'm worried about getting the hatestorm. Because people are so scared (I know they are, human brain can't think rationally when it's afraid) and may think that we are all horrible people enjoying this situation. Since we're a quite large community there is probably a few who do, like there are more than a few vanillas who walk around and cough on people deliberately or break quarantine for their own selfish reasons. But for the majority of us this is a total nightmare. Not only because we too are human beings who have our loved ones we worry about - and ourselves - as there's one hell of a difference between a fictional illness and a real killer bug. But also because so many of the sneeze fetishists I know are actually real life-germaphobes with a total mental block. Who most likely have been preventing spread of illnesses for quite some time and continues to do so now. What goes on in a story or a drawing or just a fantasy doesn't mean we would do or even like that in real life. 

Besides, many of us are immunocompromised in some way, or close to someone who is, so we are actually very careful about these types of things. In fact, and this is just a personal theory, that could be one of the reason that some people enjoy contagion in fiction. Because they spend so much time in real life obsessing about avoiding it, so it becomes something of an outlet. 

Anyway, I know the feeling and I share it, but we don't have to have a collective burden just because we happen to have this fetish. Those who do awful things do, but that goes for vanillas too. That responsibility is individual. Take responsibility, be a good person, and we, as a community, will get through this together too. :hug:

Thank you for the responses.

The only reason why I’m more worried than any other day is because of the pandemic. Because of this, I DO think it would be enough to stick in people’s minds if it got too much negative attention at present.

I predict people watching a YouTube video with some sensationalized title about us being demons for enjoying the virus. It’s different than when Pe/wDie/P/ie or others made fun of us because now people have a “legitimate“ reason to fear and hate us.

I fear that even years after this is over, anyone who learned about the fetish during the pandemic will respond with disgust if it is ever brought up in conversation again, which is honestly very understandable.

It just makes me sad.

On the bright side if it does go viral it would be normalized in a sense the same way other fetishes have been. Then we wouldn't have to feel weird anymore. It wouldn't be so bad actually depends on how you present it. 

I also used to be concerned about this, but if PewdiePie making fun of us didn't do it, nothing will. We'll get a few flare-ups here and there whenever a new journalist or vlogger has too much time on their hands, but then it will fade back into obscurity. And while ours is a bit "weird" (as in "statistically unusual") it's also relatively harmless. (Even in light of current events. Lol) The fact is that there are far more common, for more interesting people than us out there. (Thankfully! Lol)

i remember there was a big scare like two or three years ago when Pewdiepie made a video about us. Thankfully after like a few days it died out but I was a bit worried

As most of us that have been hanging around this forum for years can attest, there have been many times when the fetish has been exposed on mainstream media and it has always just been a flash in the pan, the public have a quick gawp and then it is quickly forgotten. Although it is by many people's standards, rather an odd fetish, it is also pretty much harmless. There are fetishes out there that are considerably darker and morally dubious. Seriously, how long is someone actually going to hang around laughing at us (if its longer than a quick click, the joke is truly on them). Or bother to take the time to actually do 'something' to attack the community.

We weathered the man-child juggernaut of PewDiePie - I am sure we can weather the like again :D  

1 hour ago, NoV said:

Although it is by many people's standards, rather an odd fetish, it is also pretty much harmless. There are fetishes out there that are considerably darker and morally dubious

Yeah... only in this current situation we're in, it is centered around something that could potentially be harmful, it wouldn't be a regular "ha ha, look at the weird kink" but a reaction of fear that we are a bunch of assholes happily putting other people's lives at risk to satisfy our kink. That's not something you want to be accused of when you know you're taking every measure you possibly can to keep yourself and others safe. I think THAT's the main fear that OP addresses here. 🙂

Stay safe and be considerate!

ETA: please don't quote this post, as I'm trying to go to my happy place and not think about current events for a while. 😅

Edited by Chanel_no5

To clarify, yes. What Chanel_no5 said encapsulates the fear I wished to express in this post. I wouldn’t be worried if it were any other day, but the situation we find ourselves in today is rather different.

i don't feel we have to worry

for one thing sneezing isn't even a symptom of covid in over 90% of cases

and if that twitter thread last month didn't hurtle us into the view of the entire internet, i really think nothing will

You should not worry about this. With everything going on right now, it would have to be a really slow news day for this to be a story. And besides, there are colds and flus every year; why suddenly use this pandemic to kink-shame us, when people were not using it much in the past?

21 hours ago, Ti🌸 said:

To clarify, yes. What Chanel_no5 said encapsulates the fear I wished to express in this post. I wouldn’t be worried if it were any other day, but the situation we find ourselves in today is rather different.

Aha, sorry misinterpreted your original post :D Yeah, I agree that the current situation means people are gong to respond differently to sneezes and those who claim to enjoy them. Outside of situation, I think we are generally in the clear. 

I would only be a little bit worried if sneezing was a symptom in a higher percentage of coronavirus cases

On 4/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, Ti🌸 said:

The only reason why I’m more worried than any other day is because of the pandemic. Because of this, I DO think it would be enough to stick in people’s minds if it got too much negative attention at present.

Not to go too "therapist" on you, but that's the thought *you* are having, certainly not, or not necessarily, the thoughts and responses other people would be having. It's making you sad, because you believe something and take it for a fact, but it doesn't exist at the moment (that's the truth we experience right now) and probably would be very different if it came to pass (projections)

In short, you are making yourself miserable over an illusion.

I don't know if I'm making sense to you?

An example I have is I used to be very claustrophobic and terrified I'd get stuck in an elevator (fact); but added to this, I believed the proposition "you attract what you fear the most". So basically, I convinced myself that by fearing it so much, I made it that much likely to happen! Talk about fear reinforcing fear.

None of it happened but the Fear was very much vivid.

Take care

Looking back at this thread after finding out about the TeamPinata stuff... yeah I'm worried about it getting more well-known than I'd like...

To be honest, despite the uneasiness that I share with you all, it is my secret dream that one day all fetishes and paraphilias (obviously those in the sphere of what's legal) will be just as accepted as homosexuality is these days in the Western World... And awareness of them is the first step. People need to know there's so much diversity out there! So if a friend soon went to tell me "Look what I found, there are people who are turned on by... sneezes??!?!!" I would obviously die on the inside for a sec but then I would giggle and be like "ah well, the world's a strange place!"

Now, regarding the pandemic and the negative attention because of that, I'd like to think that it will soon be forgotten as we get over the situation. But, in reality, it's like demonizing sex because of existing STDs... No-one wants to get them as much as they love the practice...

12 minutes ago, Roza said:

be just as accepted as homosexuality is these days in the Western World

not to derail, but being gay isn't as ubiquitously accepted as one would hope. plenty of gay youth are still disowned and kicked out onto the streets for coming out, and plenty of gay people are also still beaten up or even murdered for no reason other than someone hates them for being gay. 

this isn't to say i disagree with your sentiment, i think having a more kink friendly and open world would be a beautiful thing

i just feel it's important to increase awareness of the ongoing violent homophobia that gays do still face, bc if people don't know it's there no one can do anything to address it

Definitely. I thought this might sound as if I underestimate the struggles of the lgbtq+ community but I'M NOT, not in any way. But through their courage and their activism they have managed to gain SOME respect and some acceptance by the mainstream. We're a loooong way from equality and total approval, they're just a step ahead towards mass acceptance and acknowledgement even in comparison with the most well-known fetishes. 

35 minutes ago, Roza said:

We're a loooong way from equality and total approval, they're just a step ahead towards mass acceptance and acknowledgement even in comparison with the most well-known fetishes. 

this is objectively false.

there is no lack of equality among people who have kinks and people who do not. people who jack off to weird shit aren't systemically oppressed by the government or killed in the streets. people tend to very much not care if you get a boner when you see someone sneeze circumstantially but boy howdy will they be horrific to you if you're trans!

evidence: both aroused by sneezing, also bi and trans, have told probably 150+ people about the former and many times that about the latter two. you are wrong to what i have to civilly inform you is a genuinely offensive degree.

21 hours ago, jejune said:

this is objectively false.

there is no lack of equality among people who have kinks and people who do not. people who jack off to weird shit aren't systemically oppressed by the government or killed in the streets. people tend to very much not care if you get a boner when you see someone sneeze circumstantially but boy howdy will they be horrific to you if you're trans!

evidence: both aroused by sneezing, also bi and trans, have told probably 150+ people about the former and many times that about the latter two. you are wrong to what i have to civilly inform you is a genuinely offensive degree.

I am deeply sorry I have offended you, I shall not proceed with the argument, not even to defend myself that I have not (consciously) offended anyone, since I am obviously talking from a much more ignorant place than you are. 

i am so sorry to hear about your anxiety and worry when it comes to the possibility of these post going massively public.

just know that you have a great support system here and you will pull through. 

we are here for you. 

stay safe.

stay sane

stay healthy

much love