Sneeze Fetish Forum

Team Piñata/DissociaDID scandal

Beatris

I'm really curious what you guys think about this...

A while ago after watching Anthony Padilla's video about DID (dissociative identity disorder) which was really interesting and educational btw I got really into the DID community in YouTube, because I wasn't really educated on the subject. One of the most famous youtubers from the community is Nin from the system DissociaDID, she is (or was, I'm not really sure anymore) engaged to Nan, another really famous DID youtuber, from the system Team Piñata. I instantly recognized Nan, because I remembered I have seen some of the system's sneezing videos on YouTube. Knowing that I found about my fetish 6 years ago, I feel like I watched them a long time ago because later the videos got private or deleted, I don't even remember. Does anyone remember those videos? But I'm completely sure they had lots of them because I wouldn't have recognised them if it wasn't for their sneezing fetish.

Now there is this enormous scandal because apparently some of Team Piñata's a bit sexual fan art that had sneezing included resurfaced or something like that, I'm not quite sure. I didn't quite get what the drama was, but the system was accused of child p*rn and deleted all of the videos on their normal, educational DID channel. The other system DissociaDID was really upset by all of this.

I mean I really don't know what's going on, that's why I'm writing here to see if someone knows something more about the whole thing. But the comments that I saw how the fan art can "get into the hands of some sneeze fetish freaks paedophiles" made me so upset. I mean the scandal is not that clear to me and maybe there was something about child p*rn in there but the whole attitude towards our community made me feel sick. I just started to open up more about it in front of my friends, they even told me I have nothing be ashamed of and it's even wholesome and cute. I was about to even tell my boyfriend. And now I feel so anxious and self-conscious all over again

What do you guys think? Have you heard of this scandal? Do you know these youtubers and have you seen Team Piñata's old sneezing videos? I really want to hear someone else's opinion on this....

nan is a pedophile, objectively. they draw art of underage characters sneezing and are sexually stimulated by it. they also made sneezing videos with their "child alters" before their channel got big, which they took down pretty quick. (also they are faking having DID very blatantly and it's quite funny aside.)

this probably is all i can say outside the snake pit though.

I was going to write something more in depth, but tbh jejune about covered it! There isn't much more to say.

I have been worried so much this evening about this situation. I got some pretty nasty messages on my YT channel when a girl went on the English tv program This Morning saying that she made money from making sneeze videos. Luckily now, YouTube have turned off the message feature. 

This whole situation is disgusting. They are a p*odo*hile and his ‘apology’ is a joke. I’m absolutely disgusted. 

Just for clarity if nothing else, as I know it's not directly stated -- Nan is spoider/ggolddduck.

3 minutes ago, Leas said:

This whole situation is disgusting. He is a P*odo*hile and his ‘apology’ is a joke. I’m absolutely disgusted. 

just for clarity also -- nan is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns. they are gross, don't get me wrong, but i don't want to fall into the pattern of misgendering them either (not that you did this on purpose, i just wanted to make sure it was known)

Thank you!

I keep getting so angry when I’m typing. Brain going at 90mph. Sorry if I offended anyone, I do appreciate being called out. I do know they’re nonbinary. *breathe and stay calm as you type Leas*

Shit man. I really loved their channel and had trouble believing this when it first came out, but now presented with the evidence I won't ignore it. This is disgusting. I feel so bad for their partner system.

I have debated writing this since all of this has come about, because it’s something that is very personal to me and that I’m not very public about. 

I have Dissociative Identity Disorder. I have been following TeamPinata for a long time. Their advocacy has helped my system and benefited the DID community as a whole immensely. When all of this came about, I was shocked. I hadn’t seen the art or posts until today, but I saw their apology yesterday and had no idea about what was going on. When the sneeze fetish was mentioned I was taken aback. After more research, and listening to countless systems stating that this has deeply hurt them, I decided to look at the images and posts myself. 

Honestly, it is shameful. It is completely, 100% unacceptable to depict minors in the way they did. It is devastating that such a prominent figure in the community has done this. Our community is deeply hurt. 

As a community, there is concern about how this situation will affect people’s perceptions of those with DID. There is already such a stigma surrounding people with DID, and this certainly doesn’t help that. So I wanted to express my standpoint.

I’m happy to say that from what I’ve seen in the DID community, the majority people do not have a problem with the fetish itself at all! They do have a problem with what Nan drew because it depicted minors. It was child p*rn. It is disgusting and outrageous. 

Just how we (the SFF community) do not want to be negatively portrayed, I as a member of the DID community worry about how it will affect us. People already have a horrible perception of DID. We did NOT need this piled on top, especially from such a prominent figure. 

I want everyone to know that this is a terrible situation, and in NO way reflects people with DID. We are not pedophiles, or monsters, or sick, or dangerous. We are simply people who have had extremely traumatic experiences in early childhood which has led our brain to develop differently. 

What Nan did was absolutely terrible. The DID community is shaken and devastated. 

I will say one more thing. In regards to the comment above stating that they are “faking” having DID. This mentality has been so incredibly harmful to people with DID. We are accused of faking all the time. It is one of the most misunderstood mental health disorders. 

Every system is different. Every person with DID presents differently. Some have blatant switches, and some are more overt. It is for NO ONE to say who is faking and who is not! What NaN did was awful, but they do not deserve to have their validity as a system in question. At all. Accusations of systems faking has caused so much harm. People with DID already struggle to accept themselves and accept their system. Please do not add to that by accusing systems of faking, no matter how “blatant” it may seem to you. 

You may never know that someone has DID, but it affects 1-3% of the population.

I just wanted to say that we are so hurt by this. But I hope you can all see that what Nan did is absolutely not endorsed, supported, or acceptable to the DID community. It made the DID community look bad, and it made the sneeze fetish community look bad. Thank you!

58 minutes ago, White Rose said:

I have debated writing this since all of this has come about, because it’s something that is very personal to me and that I’m not very public about. 

I am very grateful that you decided to write this and share, because in doing so you may have in part defused a situation that could otherwise have gotten really nasty. It was a very brave thing to do, so thank you so much. ❤️  It's horrible that someone's disgusting actions can hurt not just one but two communities like that, but the actions and responsibilites are on them, neither community is responsible for those actions and behaviour. I was super shocked to learn this (hence my not very eloquent comment above), I didn't know NaN/Spoider personally but I have seen them around the forum over the years and probably interacted with them periodically, and I had no idea about this. It's appalling.

It's not a good idea for us to start throwing crap at each other over something that neither community condones. At least we're all aware of it now and can try to deal with the shock. All the best to the DID community. ❤️

I'm surprised to see there are people here on the forum who were around during Spoider's active years as well as after they returned after their break (i think they were gone for a while?) and proceeded to stir things up by posting art of Dipper (Pines?) and who only now discoveref Spoider posted underage fetish content. They got access to the adult section the same years they joined (2010) and openly stated in their OC's bios that said characters were 15-16 and were posting art of these characters both in the general art board and in the adult section for years. The art is still there btw. Or at least was when I checked earlier today.

42 minutes ago, Reader said:

@Sitruuna, please report the content so staff can delete it. 

If I have the time and the energy, sure. It's really not my responsibility anymore than anyone else's  to look for these posts and deal with them. I understand the staff is busy and don't have the time to look for these posts themselves but I also don't have a lot of "extra" time at my hands. 

I remember that I used to like their art (I still like their style, but not the drawings involving minors sneezing), and I thought it was weird that they drew Dipper Pines, The Powerpuff Girls and their own OC (who is a child) sneezing. I didn't think much of it at the moment, but now I notice it's gross. I was so surprised when I saw their real name going around, then I did some research and... yeah, this is a mess.

3 hours ago, Sitruuna said:

and openly stated in their OC's bios that said characters were 15-16 and were posting art of these characters both in the general art board and in the adult section for years.

Now that I remember, didn't they make a comic called "Vulture Girl" and later posted an extra on the Adult Section? I didn't see it myself since I don't have access to it, but they mentioned it in the original thread. It's even worse knowing their characters are 15-16, I actually thought they were 19...

5 hours ago, White Rose said:

I want everyone to know that this is a terrible situation, and in NO way reflects people with DID. We are not pedophiles, or monsters, or sick, or dangerous. We are simply people who have had extremely traumatic experiences in early childhood which has led our brain to develop differently. 

I support everyone in the DID community, and I hate the people who are treating both sneeze fetishists and people with DID like monsters. Like, what the hell? You shouldn't judge the entire community based off a single person, you will just make everyone feel worse.

I hope you are okay, White Rose, remember you have support here :D

@Sitruuna I don’t want you to take on the responsibility of reporting all their content. I thought it was one or two topics that you found easily. You don’t need to worry about it. 

5 minutes ago, Sitruuna said:

If I have the time and the energy, sure. It's really not my responsibility anymore than anyone else's  to look for these posts and deal with them. I understand the staff is busy and don't have the time to look for these posts themselves but I also don't have a lot of "extra" time at my hands. 

Not to be an ass but may I ask why not report them at the time of viewing them..? No worries, they'll be dealt with.

51 minutes ago, Sitruuna said:

I'm surprised to see there are people here on the forum who were around during Spoider's active years as well as after they returned after their break (i think they were gone for a while?) and proceeded to stir things up by posting art of Dipper (Pines?) and who only now discoveref Spoider posted underage fetish content. They got access to the adult section the same years they joined (2010) and openly stated in their OC's bios that said characters were 15-16 and were posting art of these characters both in the general art board and in the adult section for years. The art is still there btw. Or at least was when I checked earlier today.

Agree, honestly.

I had somewhat of a personal blinder during the majority of this period, because I fell squarely into the same age bracket as the characters that were being drawn and shown. It didn't occur to me as a teenager what was wrong about someone in their mid-20s fervently drawing original characters that were 15-16, but it's wretched.

Though this doesn't excuse it in the slightest, I think it becomes easy to look past the fact that these characters are underage if the artwork is high quality, or if the subject matter plays on the nostalgia of the viewer. I think in this specific case the community as a whole just wasn't paying as close attention to character ages in fictional media as well. The main art board had that whole rule about the baseline for character ages being depicted starting at 13, and this fell within that guideline.

I've noticed this trend in other corners of the community too; it's honestly a whole tirade of mine for another day. And really, the above only applies to original characters -- something like Dipper Pines, or Rainbow Brite, or the Powerpuff Girls is an automatic red flag. But I know spoider also had the habit of omitting character ages in certain cases (the Zidane commission comes to mind.) They didn't always draw u18 subjects, either. But in this case I think it just comes down to -- despite spoider giving the information beforehand -- people not being as cognizant as they could be about the media they're consuming.

TL;DR: Awareness is key.

3 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Not to be an ass but may I ask why not report them at the time of viewing them..? No worries, they'll be dealt with.

probably because it was years ago, before that kind of thing was against the rules

9 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I wasn't viewing them, I just noticed they are there while doing other stuff (irl). It wasn't actively on my mind then. I also should have said the threads are there rather than that the art is there. Some of the art is might there but they've been deleting everything they can delete. 

10 minutes ago, EvaBloom said:

Now that I remember, didn't they make a comic called "Vulture Girl" and later posted an extra on the Adult Section? I didn't see it myself since I don't have access to it, but they mentioned it in the original thread. It's even worse knowing their characters are 15-16, I actually thought they were 19...

They've posted plenty of stuff on the adult board featuring those same characters. 

1 minute ago, jejune said:

probably because it was years ago, before that kind of thing was against the rules

Ah, I was referring to them mentioning that they saw the topics earlier today when they checked to see if the topics were still there and since they apparently were then again, why not report then and there? Again, no worries, we'll delete them asap.

36 minutes ago, Sitruuna said:
43 minutes ago, EvaBloom said:

They've posted plenty of stuff on the adult board featuring those same characters.  

I remember that... was that character supposed to be underage?? I just thought their art was a bit strange, I didn't realise there was supposed to be underage sexual stuff going on in it though.

I do remember Vulture Girl but I thought that was some sort of superhero / crime-fighter riff?

2 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

I remember that... was that character supposed to be underage?? I just thought their art was a bit strange, I didn't realise there was supposed to be underage sexual stuff going on in it though.

I do remember Vulture Girl but I thought that was some sort of superhero / crime-fighter riff?

If I remember correctly Kingsley is 16 and Miles is 15. If I remember that wrong then it's the other way around which makes no difference. 

So yea, they posted plenty of art featuring nudity and sex about two underage characters. It's all reported now though since the adult art section only has 7 pages and I figured I can do that much before going to sleep. 

Archived